Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
It's a classic crash blossom.

Edit: The worst loving snipe. Have another terrible headline and the origin of the term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/WTEN/status/1047174383935127552

You might think that my issue is with a news station needlessly putting someone's immigration status in the headline.

Oh, wow, I didn't read that as her immigration status and just thought the headline was weirdly vague. "Woman in rural area illegally destroys property" What woman? What area? What property?
:iiam:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Country girls make do 🌽

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yawgmoth posted:

r/relationships will auto-delete your post if you don't have a tldr in it. They also delete your post for calling someone a manchild, claiming it's "sexist and ableist" (but I think we all know the real reason why).

Auto-deleting posts for saying "manchild" might be punishment just for lazy writing. It's not a discussion forum if everyone (accurately) describes the person in question with the exact same term and offers nothing else.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/WTEN/status/1047174383935127552

You might think that my issue is with a news station needlessly putting someone's immigration status in the headline. And yes, that's bad. But the IoSM is in the filtered replies:

The WTEN Facebook posts all have absolute cesspools for comments. Same with all the local affiliates but I seem to remember that one being worst.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Skwirl posted:

Auto-deleting posts for saying "manchild" might be punishment just for lazy writing. It's not a discussion forum if everyone (accurately) describes the person in question with the exact same term and offers nothing else.

they explicitly state that it's because they consider it to be a sexist term so why are you bothering to imagine alternative explanations

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Sexist I can see (in a sort of "in a perfect world there wouldn't be gendered insults" kind of way), but ableist? That's one hell of a stretch.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Reprehensible. Disgusting. Horrific. Dreadful.

but enough about my posting, the facebook pics are pretty bad too

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bravo.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

People are really tripping over themselves to defend rapists.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Elderbean posted:

People are really tripping over themselves to defend rapists.

Hell, there are people admitting to the rapes Kavanaugh did just so that they can get their guy on the SC.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

zoux posted:

Tremble in fear
https://twitter.com/DeplorableChoir/status/1044588714045968386

Pull Up Your Pants somehow not complaining about sagging
I'm sorry to hear that Bret Kavanaugh was forced into sexual activity, no one should have to experience that

eta: I love living history, but the comments . . .

quote:

to all the angry blacks, everyone and every race had injustices done to them.
but to keep that anger current about ones history is suicide.
even now millions of blacks have been aborted.
and with the influx of the central and south American latino who are not black.
your chances of being dominent are slimmer and slimmer.
so let your anger go and move on.

quote:

Walter Williams once said that he was GLAD that HIS ancestors sold his people into slavery, or he would have been born in Africa! Now that is an honest statement. Tell me black folk, which African country would you rather have been born in? American blacks have it WAY better than any blacks in the WORLD!

BTW, if you want to protest slavery, go over to Africa where there is still slavery and protest.

quote:

Actually, Lee and a lot of other "Southerners manumitted their slaves at the outset of the War, while Union General Officers and members of congress, kept theirs, during the War, up until the passage and ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment..

Ackshually, https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/confederate-history-slave-ownership/

quote:

I can remember a black female "actress" we encountered at Williamsburg five plus years ago that had a real attitude and was extremely disrespectful and rude to the tourists. Tourists don't deserve that.

Unfortunately many Blacks just don't "get it". My 4th great grandfather a Quaker who served in the Revolutionary Wary militia signed the 1783 Quaker Petition to Abolish Slavery. Subsequent generations and their relatives were active abolitionists in Ohio including attacking slave owners traveling with their slaves to free the slaves and assisting runaways on the Underground Railroad . My 2nd great grandfather died 150 years ago while a Union army volunteer in the War to Free the Slaves.

Sorry, but 150 years and 4-5 generations later the Black hatred victim hood attitude looks absolutely ridiculous. If you don't want the gig, don't do it after all its a free country! Personally despite our experience , I applaud Williamsburg for trying to bring at least some realism to its presentation of southern colonial life"

quote:

Only for mediocre actors a fictional role is a challenge. They probably never hear of Stanislavski anyway.

And some good old fashioned lunacy

quote:

The anglo settlers of Waal Straat Virginia Company sponsored British Penal Colony Jamestown were indentued servants (a.k.a. white slaves for their prison term) escaping London public hangings for a chance to serve their sentences in the American wilderness. An anglo actor should play impeached Vice President Andrew Johnson who was a fugitive indendtured servant still commital to his corporate America debt slavery term.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Oct 3, 2018

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Check out this thread for edgy takes from your friendly neighborhood... goth skunk :gas:

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/888162434443350017

e.g.:
https://twitter.com/photonicDog/status/888164489098653696

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So pleased to hear that the FBI has released the findings of its investigation of Gamergate, and cleared Racism and Misogyny of all the baseless charges against them

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lol right wing furries are a special brand of stupid.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Elderbean posted:

Lol right wing furries are a special brand of stupid.

Surely the political movement renowned for repressing abnormal sexual preferences, sometimes violently, will tolerate my abnormal sexual preferences!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

quote:

I am totally heartbroken. My grand daughter was born yesterday. I was sent a pic and asked if I could come see her. I work in the same hospital where she was born. 4 Hours later while I am already at home, he text me the room number. I get into work, do a few things and head down. She is gorgeous and tiny and pic laying in the bassinet. I head right over and pick her up. My son kinda hesitated like he wasn’t going to let me, but tough poo poo I was going to hold her. Stayed about 30 minutes. My dil wouldn’t even look at me. I leave so she can nurse and head back a couple of hours later to see them before they leave. I am not allowed in the room. she is nursing grace. Ok, so my son and I go out in the hallway and make small talk. I say I would like to start picking up my other grandson from school a day a week like I used to do………..his response…..not sure about that any more..WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SEE MY GRAND SON AND GRAND DAUGHTER!!! I AM BROKEN, HEART IS ACHING. I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. To stand there in the hallway and see that condescending look on his face just did me in. I just walked away, back to my office, closed the door and cried.

Left work and got home and I hate to say it took every pic of my grandson, my son and daughter in law and threw them in the room I specifically decorated for my grand babies, that they have never used. I just cant do this anymore, I cant. I know why my mom didn’t call to talk about the baby….because she knew, she knew what he was going to do..

I hope they keep the kids away from her. I'm dizzy just reading this, and I'm an adult.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Mak0rz posted:

Check out this thread for edgy takes from your friendly neighborhood... goth skunk :gas:

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/888162434443350017

e.g.:
https://twitter.com/photonicDog/status/888164489098653696

It must be hard to be a goth when he hates anything that isn't white.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

trickybiscuits posted:

I'm sorry to hear that Bret Kavanaugh was forced into sexual activity, no one should have to experience that

Ackshually, https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/confederate-history-slave-ownership/

quote:

My 4th great grandfather a Quaker who served in the Revolutionary Wary militia

There's a whole lot of crazy in that post, but what the hell kind of Quaker serves in a militia?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

There's a whole lot of crazy in that post, but what the hell kind of Quaker serves in a militia?

And why did the previous three great grandfathers quit :thunk:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Skwirl posted:

The Free Quakers?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
From the forums of BoardGameGeek, the hobby website that draws competively obsessive collectionists like moths to a flame:

TM = Terraforming Mars, a game about (you guessed it) terraforming Mars
Legacy = a genre of board game that involves permanent changes that affect future games (stickers on the board, tearing up cards, etc)

So what this guy is saying is that he is compelled to buy all expansions for a game, therefore if one is ever released that he doesn't like he will sell his copy of the base game and :sever: with the game designer to boot.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Skwirl posted:

Quaker Dolts?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So Quakers who got kicked out.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Samovar posted:

Quaker Dolts?

lol

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got probed for posting IoSM in this thread lol

anyway here's more IoSM

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1047463566629117952

Candace Owens is trying really hard to steal the title of "dumbest twitter user" from laura loomer

It's in the top 360 because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away

only other men from now on

Tetracube has a new favorite as of 20:59 on Oct 3, 2018

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/1047578045106855943?s=19

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

wizzardstaff posted:

From the forums of BoardGameGeek, the hobby website that draws competively obsessive collectionists like moths to a flame:

TM = Terraforming Mars, a game about (you guessed it) terraforming Mars
Legacy = a genre of board game that involves permanent changes that affect future games (stickers on the board, tearing up cards, etc)

So what this guy is saying is that he is compelled to buy all expansions for a game, therefore if one is ever released that he doesn't like he will sell his copy of the base game and :sever: with the game designer to boot.

Board games are worse then comic books when it comes to nerds feeling the need to just shell out money for something they might never even take out of the box, they just need to have THE NEWEST THING!

Terraforming Mars isn't even that good.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Long term implications such as "equal pay" and "no workplace harassment"

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Agreed, Candace Owens should under no circumstances be allowed in any workplace

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Tetracube posted:

It's in the top 360 because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away

this is not the way geometry works

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tetracube posted:

I got probed for posting IoSM in this thread lol

anyway here's more IoSM

Did they all stand up and applaud?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tetracube posted:

Candace Owens is trying really hard to steal the title of "dumbest twitter user" from laura loomer

Having fun with all the other passengers, laughing and cheering, just out of frame.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

im pooping! posted:

counterpoint:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Maybe if you treated women the same as you treat men, you'd be safe!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

trickybiscuits posted:

Im white as gently caress and i wish i was born in Ethiopia seems like a cool place with good food.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Tetracube posted:

only other men from now on

I find this one particularly funny.

I live in the Midwest, so pretty much every dating profile is some angry gross conservative. Meanwhile the liberal ones get grabbed up immediately like the treasure they are here.

Makes sense though for conservative dudes to go for women who don't value their agency as a human being.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

im pooping! posted:

180 horizontal and 180 vertical.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

trickybiscuits posted:

I hope they keep the kids away from her. I'm dizzy just reading this, and I'm an adult.

How about some context?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

Board games are worse then comic books when it comes to nerds feeling the need to just shell out money for something they might never even take out of the box, they just need to have THE NEWEST THING!

Terraforming Mars isn't even that good.

Terraforming Mars is actually quite good. But it might be even better as a legacy game!