Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Frog Act posted:

there were basically no Jewish Nazi sympathizer, only Jewish people trying to figure out what the appropriate degree of accommodation was re: things like Jewish councils in ghettos attempting to minimize deaths by working with the SS and the odd religious crank who felt the German state was making the wrath of God manifest upon the Jewish people for being insufficiently pious and breaking their covenant

There were some, but it was rare and they were probably just nuts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Trebitsch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Not dying but some boomer lady has completed isolated herself from her family thanks to her support of trump.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/03/trump-supporters-luzerne-county-ben-bradlee-jr-220841

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Not dying but some boomer lady has completed isolated herself from her family thanks to her support of trump.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/03/trump-supporters-luzerne-county-ben-bradlee-jr-220841

after this Kavanaugh thing, there's gonna be a yuuuuuuuge crop of these sort of posts in the traditional Thanksgiving -> Christmas "chuddy olds bitching that their family doesn't talk to them" season

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the manhattan project was in america tho?

Yeah and it was mostly composed of Jewish scientists that fled Europe when they realized they wouldn't be spared IIRC

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

AnimeIsTrash posted:

welp, at least she'll die soon

her grandson seems cool

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
did you know that there are a buncha major surgeries that they'll deny you for if you don't have any family willing to take care of you for recovery

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The transcript of her text messages really illustrates how mainlining Fox News has poisoned these people's brains. There's not an original thought anywhere in there, just regurgitated chud talking points.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

The transcript of her text messages really illustrates how mainlining Fox News has poisoned these people's brains. There's not an original thought anywhere in there, just regurgitated chud talking points.
also, it really seems like she wanted to start some poo poo or gloat

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

HobbitGrease posted:

Oh yeah they loving love that poo poo.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

HobbitGrease posted:

welp, at least she'll die soon

her grandson seems cool

He could work on his opinion of Bush

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

HobbitGrease posted:

My dad sent me an email of Fox News talking points immediately after Trump won. Even though he initially supported Ben Carson, then moved onto Ted Cruz, and was stuck with Trump. It's all about "their side" winning.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

Yeah and it was mostly composed of Jewish scientists that fled Europe when they realized they wouldn't be spared IIRC

significant minority, but not the majority.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why the gently caress does the bloated sea creature merit a profile this long?

every author who writes a piece like this should be catapulted into the ocean

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Business Gorillas posted:

yes but they were persecuted pretty early on, being largely from academia, not industry. remember, the atomic bomb was completely theoretical until the manhattan project, and among jews, academics were pretty near the top of the nazi hitlist. they might have been shocked that the nazis came for them so brutally, but i doubt many of those jewish scientists were expecting to be treated better for their status, or looking to help the german war effort in exchange for special treatment.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Frog Act posted:

why the gently caress does the bloated sea creature merit a profile this long?

every author who writes a piece like this should be catapulted into the ocean
No, see, we need to understand these people, to reach out to them.

Which is why we have to read a thousand identical articles that all furiously circle around the fact (without ever stating it) that these people are just mean-spirited racist shitheads who brains got rotted by Fox News.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I just despise that journalistically affected ambivalence. everything is "arguable" and heavily qualified by context. every single "bad" thing the author mentions has to be rebuffed by an equal validation of conservatism. sure her daughter hates her but a distant relative told her she secretly supported Trump after seeing her pins. Trump has "arguably" hurt the middle class

these anti articles take away from the sum of knowledge in the world

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
These people aren't even that complicated or deep. That's what gets me about all these Cletus Safari profiles, the way they keep endlessly spinning out details and half-explanations, but never get around to simply stating "these people are racist AF and consider Trump justified payback for eight years of President Negro"

Hmmm, why did these old white people without college degrees in these overwhelming white counties and states vote for the white guy who came to political prominence as a birther and promised to roll back the invading horde of Messican rapists? It is a great mystery, possibly the greatest mystery of our era.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Thundercracker posted:

In Nazi Germany was there also a large contingent of Jews who supported Hitler because they thought he didn't mean it? Or is this an American idiocracy?

its more like literally everyone who wasn't a Jew in Poland

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yes but they were persecuted pretty early on, being largely from academia, not industry. remember, the atomic bomb was completely theoretical until the manhattan project, and among jews, academics were pretty near the top of the nazi hitlist. they might have been shocked that the nazis came for them so brutally, but i doubt many of those jewish scientists were expecting to be treated better for their status, or looking to help the german war effort in exchange for special treatment.

It varied quiet a bit. Household names, like Freud and Einstein, got out fairly quick. Fermi didn't take any chances on getting an exemption for his wife, so he left early too.

Niels Bohr on the other hand stayed till late 1943, when he found out having a Jewish mom was enough to get rounded up.

Fermi is a great example today, given how many people didn't think ICE would come for their spouse.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

Nice Nazi propaganda :discourse:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
nah it’s a fact that Poland went all in on that.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

CharlestheHammer posted:

nah it’s a fact that Poland went all in on that.

I think he's making a joke about Poland making talk of collaboration illegal

or hes dumb

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Thundercracker posted:

In Nazi Germany was there also a large contingent of Jews who supported Hitler because they thought he didn't mean it? Or is this an American idiocracy?

The LEHI offered to help hunt "troublemakers" if he helped them abolish the Mandate, exterminate the locals, and pronounce a fascist Kingdom of Israel.

I have been waiting for Netanyahu to do like his shithead conscripts and dogwhistle about how much he hated New York. Am especially interested in how the Times reacts.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FMguru posted:

These people aren't even that complicated or deep. That's what gets me about all these Cletus Safari profiles, the way they keep endlessly spinning out details and half-explanations, but never get around to simply stating "these people are racist AF and consider Trump justified payback for eight years of President Negro"

Hmmm, why did these old white people without college degrees in these overwhelming white counties and states vote for the white guy who came to political prominence as a birther and promised to roll back the invading horde of Messican rapists? It is a great mystery, possibly the greatest mystery of our era.

fuckin lmao at 'cletus safari'

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

you know, i used to believe that people who said they didn't hear the racist dog whistles coming from the right were merely claiming ignorance. maybe some of them are that dumb.

https://twitter.com/DJasonRochester/status/1047483111037194240

we need to protect the good illegals and the citizens that love them

https://twitter.com/KenneJohnston/status/1047174079126491138

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

Dunno about Poland, but the Baltic states like Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania were super into killing their neighborhood Jews.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

or hes dumb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Righteous_Among_the_Nations#Number_of_awards_by_country

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

zegermans posted:

or hes dumb

there’s your answer I guess

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the good stuff

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

there’s your answer I guess

I know that dehumanizing the Eastern Hordes (who were even worse than the Germans!) has been cool, historically, but try to be subtle, at least.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

I know that dehumanizing the Eastern Hordes (who were even worse than the Germans!) has been cool, historically, but try to be subtle, at least.

lol parroting fascist propaganda to own the libs

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

FMguru posted:

No, see, we need to understand these people, to reach out to them.

Which is why we have to read a thousand identical articles that all furiously circle around the fact (without ever stating it) that these people are just mean-spirited racist shitheads who brains got rotted by Fox News.

Seriously. Why the gently caress are we continuing to wring our hands trying to understand mean old racists who prefer FOX News to reality.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MunchE posted:

Seriously. Why the gently caress are we continuing to wring our hands trying to understand mean old racists who prefer FOX News to reality.

Journalists and :decorum: types are still trying to find the right magic incantations that will finally convince them of how wrong they've been because life works exactly like the inspiring speech Captain Picard makes to the aliens of the week.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FMguru posted:

did you not read Lydia’s profile? she specifically said she isn’t racist and she liked Obama as a person.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Judenräte maybe helped a bit more than they intended making up lists of Jewish people and property they owned lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FMguru posted:

No, see, we need to understand these people, to better destroy them.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

quote:

Along with other women of a certain age, Lynette would also come to think that the emerging #MeToo movement was going too far. “I had things done to me when I was a young woman, but it was dealt with at the time, not years later. When you come out years later and ruin a guy’s reputation, I have trouble with that.”

Dealt with at the time no doubt meant reorganizing your life around avoiding your assaulter and not ruinin a good man's name. These people are so hosed up

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If he is a rapist why should he have a good reputation goddamn people have some brainworms

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
because "its not fair to ruin someone's life on assumptions" Its funny how they only care about fake rape claims when it isnt a black guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Dealt with at the time no doubt meant reorganizing your life around avoiding your assaulter and not ruinin a good man's name. These people are so hosed up

They're loving insane. "There was no intercourse so [attempted rape is] just a touch" and "what HS boy hasn't done [attempted rapes]" is the craziest loving poo poo I've ever seen.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407927-gop-women-issue-strong-defense-of-kavanaugh