Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Lucky number 116 backer for Americana! This looks like so much my thing it's wrapped around the world to kick me in the butt and remind me that it's my thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Backed Americana. My sister who isn't into tabletop games (but who liked ORC STABR) was interested so this is going to be a birthday present to both of us.

theinfantprodigy
Apr 11, 2009
Backed the heck out of Americana. Orb Stabr was more than worth it, and I trust these guys will do even better this next go around.

Pledged $75 but considering doing the $250 just to say I got them to make me look like a purple dragon.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

rchandra posted:

Speaking of ORC STABR:

:zombie: I have a mystery on my hands and I believe you're involved
;) What's up?

:zombie: Through much deduction, I have received half of a game in the mail

;) half?

:zombie: Half of a game
It came with a business card, half of a torn instruction sheet and also there's an orc playing a piano in crayon drawn on top of what instructions I do have
also two monster cards and I think the lore sheet
I traced it back to a kickstarter, it suggests that I find a friend with the other half

;) well, I have good news and bad news
I am indeed responsible for this
but I do not have the other half

:zombie: It was a treat while the mystery lasted

$3 well spent! In retrospect I wish I had arranged for the other half to go to another friend. Or possibly just a random left to A and random right to B, etc.

!!!! The Motzart Orc was posted on Twitter a short while back, this could be the first recorded orc stabr reunification

Also again, you are all so very very cool and kind. It's been a bit of a rough day for us but the support from this thread is just, dang. Dang.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
Moderately interested as the Orc Stabbr turned out pretty neat, but I guess i'm not understanding the pledge levels of Americana. In the first case, you get a pdf. Then in the second case you get a digital copy... in other words, a pdf. In the third case, you get a digital copy (pdf), and a code for a hard cover print, which we have to pay the shipping and print for. Hmm, why are these pledge levels in increasing prices?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
At least for that last one, the voucher code gets you a hard copy at straight cost. Your pledge covers "paying the author/artist/creators" and "helping the thing to exist at all", and then when you want to get your hard copy, you put the voucher in DriveThru and only have to pay the cost of the print+cost of shipping it to you.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

yegods posted:

Moderately interested as the Orc Stabbr turned out pretty neat, but I guess i'm not understanding the pledge levels of Americana. In the first case, you get a pdf. Then in the second case you get a digital copy... in other words, a pdf. In the third case, you get a digital copy (pdf), and a code for a hard cover print, which we have to pay the shipping and print for. Hmm, why are these pledge levels in increasing prices?

The first level is a poverty-line level, it's a discount for folks struggling, otherwise its effectively the same as the $10 level. The hardcover level works via print on demand coupons, effectively fulfilled by DriveThru directly. The cost is a little higher primarily because making physical books is an enormous amount of work and very expensive even if you're not the one actually doing the printing, and secondly because the printing and shipping costs go directly to DriveThruRPG, not the team making the game.

Hope that clears it up. One other bit of confusion, the $6 level also includes any stretch goals. I've had more than one person ask about that

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The audio drama for Americana is shaping up to be interesting, I hope you hit the stretch goal to do more.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Backed Americana because how could i not? The stretch goals also sound exciting so here's to hoping that we get to see them!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The race teasers for Americana are pretty great. I'm already completely into Grim Time Travel Goblins.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

The race teasers for Americana are pretty great. I'm already completely into Grim Time Travel Goblins.

For anyone interested;

bbcisdabomb posted:

The audio drama for Americana is shaping up to be interesting, I hope you hit the stretch goal to do more.

Us too! It was a really fun way to kinda bring the world to life a bit, cause we know the actual rules are lacking in setting fluff right now.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So I'm about to make one of the pettiest Kickstarter complaints I've ever made.

My Legacy 2E KS pledge arrived today. I did the £75 tier which was basically the "everything" tier. The posters are folded up as mentioned but to be honest I didn't really care about those so I'm not fussed. The book's in fine shape, dice are fine, all the handouts are there. Except part of this tier is "I'll sign your book and write in it a custom tech device just for you." I dig little customizations like that. Except that while my book is indeed signed, there's no custom tech device anywhere that I can find. I checked the back, flipped through the book, nothing.

Is this enough for me to demand a refund? No, I got all the physical and digital goods that I paid for in good condition. Is this particular little bit of personalization something which nudged me towards pledging at that tier in the first place? Yeah it kinda was, so I'll admit this is rather annoying.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

At the very least I think it's worth reaching out to the creator and seeing what they say. It's something they said they'd do, you we're looking forward to it, and I assume they never said anything about omitting it.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Argh, yeah, I've been meaning to get off my rear end and explain to those of you affected what happened there. Basically, it seems the fulfilment company treated all the signed books as interchangeable, sending ones with devices to people who'd only got a signed one and vice versa. I'm going to be sending you a handwritten device as promised, though it'll be on a postcard rather than in the book. Really sorry about this :-/

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Flavivirus posted:

Argh, yeah, I've been meaning to get off my rear end and explain to those of you affected what happened there. Basically, it seems the fulfilment company treated all the signed books as interchangeable, sending ones with devices to people who'd only got a signed one and vice versa. I'm going to be sending you a handwritten device as promised, though it'll be on a postcard rather than in the book. Really sorry about this :-/

Gotcha, thanks. You might want to have a word with your fulfillment company about that, if it's a screw-up on their end. It doesn't sound like this is the first snag they've had with your KS (not that I really need to tell you that, I suppose).

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Kai Tave posted:

Gotcha, thanks. You might want to have a word with your fulfillment company about that, if it's a screw-up on their end. It doesn't sound like this is the first snag they've had with your KS (not that I really need to tell you that, I suppose).

Yeaaah, don't worry, words are definitely being exchanged and assurances being sought before I use them for future projects. This fulfilment campaign has been pretty hair-pullingly frustrating at times.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Flavivirus posted:

Yeaaah, don't worry, words are definitely being exchanged and assurances being sought before I use them for future projects. This fulfilment campaign has been pretty hair-pullingly frustrating at times.

For what it's worth the actual book itself is perfectly fine and in great shape.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
My legacy 2E order came in last week as well. Got the deluxe book and the boxed settings. The quality on both is really excellent. Honestly I just recycled the posters and the postcards, even if they hadn't been folded, I just don't really have space for them. Don't let all these logistics issues detract from your very significant accomplishment!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

For anyone interested;

Us too! It was a really fun way to kinda bring the world to life a bit, cause we know the actual rules are lacking in setting fluff right now.

I am so making a moody goth time travelling goblin for this game. I didn't know I ever wanted to do that, but now I definitely do.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The murder mystery angle is honestly a big downer for me, but I'm, er, enchanted by the rest of what I've seen. :)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
The murder mystery angle, especially the Your Dead Friend... rule, is making me think if this can be transposed to Twin Peaks.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

glitchkrieg posted:

The murder mystery angle, especially the Your Dead Friend... rule, is making me think if this can be transposed to Twin Peaks.

Or Riverdale/Tween Peaks!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It shouldn't be too hard, we're going to include a chapter on hacking the system and places/areas to tweak, plus releasing it as some kind of Creative Commons that lets people make and sell new stuff using the system/setting.

If the gameplay style doesn't work for you, we have spies and power rangers as stretch goals!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bieeanshee posted:

The murder mystery angle is honestly a big downer for me, but I'm, er, enchanted by the rest of what I've seen. :)

Rules variant: Your Totally Alive Pal*. Communal PC that tags along with the party and instead of doing things themselves reminds people of when she showed them how to search a file folder effectively or something.

*no offense to undead.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Bee Lives just went through it's 4th stretch goal and I've revealed the next 2. A queen beeple first player marker and final upgrades to card quality.

Also, tonight I am on 2 live streams. The first is with the Meeple Syrup board game design show where I'll be talking about Bee Lives and game design for an hour. You can check that one out on their stream here at 9pm EST: https://www.facebook.com/MeepleSyrup/

The second is on our kickstarter page starting at 10pm EST. I'll be talking with Bebo from Be Bold Games about Bee Lives, bee keeping and just wantever else anyone shows up to ask about. That one is going to be here: https://live.kickstarter.com/matt-shoemaker/live/matt-and-bebo-talk-bee-lives

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

That queen bee mini is incredible

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Couldn't it just be Your Kidnapped Friend, go full Scooby Do on things?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

ElegantFugue posted:

Couldn't it just be Your Kidnapped Friend, go full Scooby Do on things?

Turns out the ghosts were really just smugglers projecting images against the fog cranky old ghosts.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Your Imperiled Friend. The peril might be kidnapping, being murdered, having their records stolen.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Bistromatic posted:

Turns out the smugglers projecting images against the fog were really just cranky old ghosts.

I'd play that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A game I think I stuck myself on the mailing list for after seeing coverage of UK Games Expo, if memory serves, launched this week, a story building game called Crime Writers. The game already exists in the original Hungarian, they're funding an English language version and an expansion.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I do think that I am going to have to back Americana. I don't think I have ever backed a project with the top tier option before, seems like this would be a good one to start with.

*Edit*

Pulled the trigger on it. Is Dire Penguin an available species?

IncredibleIgloo fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 3, 2018

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I do think that I am going to have to back Americana. I don't think I have ever backed a project with the top tier option before, seems like this would be a good one to start with.

*Edit*

Pulled the trigger on it. Is Dire Penguin an available species?

I just saw that, holy heck, thank you!

Dire Penguin is, unfortunately, not one of the options we have right now, but for you? Lets talk.

edit; seems a good a place to mention as any - depending on the quality of the DriveThruRPG posters, we're looking into sending a poster of the portrait to everyone at that level, and a poster of the town to everyone $75 and up. Plus making the poster of the town something you can buy with the PDF or hardcover for very cheap. Fingers crossed.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 3, 2018

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Key Flow kickstarter is up https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/breese/key-flow
Do you think Key Flower would be better if it were a drafting game instead of a bidding game? huh? do you? Do you want more flowery keys, you rear end in a top hat? Better pledge then, motherfucker. And then throw down 22 more euros (like 25 american dollars) for grand total of TWO new tiles for regular-rear end keyflower you complete piece of poo poo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I do want those things, I think you'll find.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Echophonic posted:

I do want those things, I think you'll find.

yea me too

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Impermanent posted:

Key Flow kickstarter is up https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/breese/key-flow
Do you think Key Flower would be better if it were a drafting game instead of a bidding game? huh? do you? Do you want more flowery keys, you rear end in a top hat? Better pledge then, motherfucker. And then throw down 22 more euros (like 25 american dollars) for grand total of TWO new tiles for regular-rear end keyflower you complete piece of poo poo.

I was super stoked about this at the rumor stage, but it appears exactly the opposite of what I wanted. I was hoping we'd get a simpler, lighter, smaller-footprint card based game that retained some of Keyflower's wonderful mechanics.

Instead, it appears to still have a lot going on with space-devouring tableaus and a million bits, while it departs fairly heavily on mechanics.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like I'm Americana backer 161!

As someone who's been on a fixed income for a large portion of their adult life, I'd like to say thanks for the discounted pledge level. I didn't use it, but I appreciate that it's there.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Inhuman Conditions has made something like $65k in the last 8 hours; mostly from pushing an update to the Secret Hitler campaign about the new game. All currently known stretch goals have been hit

jivjov fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Sort of games sort of not, a friend made a tarot deck and has a KS for it I’d like to share. Is there a non TG KS thread?