Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bolow posted:

I see that and raise you this

Oh. My. God

E: My avatar is me irl

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Bolow posted:

Oh wow, that's a new one for me. I don't know what I like more, the busted-rear end spelling and grammar in general or misspelling Ifrit in particular.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sometimes I have moments where I flash back to Sweetie. Every single action, set with a macro for all to see. If anybody else said anything in that entire run of CT2 (it was either that or 1) then I'll be damned if I saw it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Who even uses Egis when Carbuncles are the superior option?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bolow posted:

Ifrit is only like a foot tall and also floats.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bolow posted:

:catstare:

Do I even want to know what the Titan, Garuda, and Bahamut macros look like?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Who even uses Egis when Carbuncles are the superior option?

From when I remember that image cropping up, it was like, pre-HW.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
How dare you make me read this with my own eyes

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
What's a good method for farming a ton of poetics quickly? I'm working on a glam relic and so far have just been queuing for story trials (Chrysalis, Final Steps, Singularity Reactor, etc..) to catch folks progressing through the story and hence grab the bonuses (100 bonus poes for Chrysalis is extremely my jam), and I'd say 9/10 times it works. Is there a better way that I'm not thinking of?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Rainuwastaken posted:

How dare you make me read this with my own eyes

:same:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding poetics, I've already bought almost all the Shire gear, and I'm not sure what else to use them on. I guess I can get some Ironworks too for my <50 jobs, but is there anything else to use them for?

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah the answer to that brain problem is just don't use Raiton

it's a like 1% gain or something, I think? Since Fuma benefits from Dripping Blades and the slashing debuff and raid buffs and what not while Raiton doesn't.

Ah, I hadn't considered the slashing debuff (I'm not really doing raids much though, since I'm only 57, so any raid buffs wouldn't be relevant yet).

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yes, if you start up an Anima weapon or crafting.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Marathanes posted:

What's a good method for farming a ton of poetics quickly? I'm working on a glam relic and so far have just been queuing for story trials (Chrysalis, Final Steps, Singularity Reactor, etc..) to catch folks progressing through the story and hence grab the bonuses (100 bonus poes for Chrysalis is extremely my jam), and I'd say 9/10 times it works. Is there a better way that I'm not thinking of?

dragging a newbie through all of coil unsynced was the preferred method when HW relic was current content.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, really? I haven't touched Ninja since I got it to 70 but that's really interesting to hear. So Raiton just kinda sucks now?

Raiton is better than Fuma in a vacuum, but in practice Raiton's gcd clipping will eventually cause you to lose GCD uses and other such side effects. The extra effects that buff Fuma (slash debuff, poison) also bring the damage closer than the tooltip suggests. In a short fight it doesn't matter, and it still has its uses.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Marathanes posted:

MSDR with bonus is 300 +200 + maybe 100 from newbie. Pretty sure that's faster than 6x chrysalis even if you get prae. Or you can catch the hunt train and get a bunch of other tomes/seals along the way.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
so after realising that I've been sitting on roughly 2M gil worth of useless materia and also learning that clear demimateria are just Allagan Pieces, I've finally got enough gil to start working on decorating my house. Are there any good resources out there for decorating ideas?

Also are Thavnairian Onions still the most worthwhile plants to grow?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

pupuru posted:

Are there any good resources out there for decorating ideas?

http://en.ff14housing.com/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So if I am just passing the 3mil gil mark but don't have a high level gathering job to make money yet, should I try to buy a house and garden for money on the side? Or is it a giant money pit that I should ignore for now? Are leves still the fastest way to level DoH?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Right now, on Hyperion at least, gardening doesn't seem like a very efficient way to make money. The biggest ticket crop is royal fern and it sells slowly and takes awhile to grow. You could earn some extra cash with blood peppers, jute, glazenuts, or thav onions, but imo not really quickly enough for it to be more than a side thing.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Beast tribe quests are good for DOH levelling. the Namazu tribe is really good for DOL as well.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Can someone just wave a wand and make my other DOH classes be level 50? I've already done it with CRP, and I had CUL to 60 before coming back, but it's so boring & I'll either be doing beastmen quests for the next 6 months or spending all my gil to get two classes to 50 through leves. It will probably be faster once I get cul to 70 so I'm not using 3/day on that, but still.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You'll suffer through those levels and like it.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You'll suffer through those levels and like it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Chakan posted:

Can someone just wave a wand and make my other DOH classes be level 50? I've already done it with CRP, and I had CUL to 60 before coming back, but it's so boring & I'll either be doing beastmen quests for the next 6 months or spending all my gil to get two classes to 50 through leves. It will probably be faster once I get cul to 70 so I'm not using 3/day on that, but still.

Get the materials for a levekit and ask a goon to make you one. It's like it's 69 leves to 50 and 98 to 60.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

pupuru posted:

so after realising that I've been sitting on roughly 2M gil worth of useless materia and also learning that clear demimateria are just Allagan Pieces, I've finally got enough gil to start working on decorating my house. Are there any good resources out there for decorating ideas?

Also are Thavnairian Onions still the most worthwhile plants to grow?

There's the link Orcs shared above, http://en.ff14housing.com/, which shows most of the furniture available in a pretty nice layout. I use this a lot.

There's also https://housingsnap.com/ which is pretty big gallery of houses, and it can be a good place to get some ideas. It's mostly in Japanese, but just click stuff and you'll figure it out.

Speaking of which, I finished the basement in friend's house.
https://imgur.com/a/VAIZGMT
The screenshots don't do it justice.

Excal Mist 3rd, #48

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Eltoasto posted:

So if I am just passing the 3mil gil mark but don't have a high level gathering job to make money yet, should I try to buy a house and garden for money on the side? Or is it a giant money pit that I should ignore for now? Are leves still the fastest way to level DoH?

1) Gardening tends to require either more gil or higher level gathering. Can get away with seeds purchased from the GC but even that's not great. Would recommend buying a small house while one's available just because (with the assumption that you will keep your sub active and avoid losing the plot), but I'd say level up gathering as well.

2) It's potentially a money pit, depending on how resistant you are to decorating. If you just want the stock walls and a garden plot, that's cheap.

3) They are, would recommend combining with beast tribes, then (if you run out of leves) collectibles at 50+. DoL gets better returns from collectibles, so I recommend saving leves and beast tribes for DoH.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i just accidentally spent 600 poetics on the wrong upgrade materials and i am once again loving livid about how unnecessarily complicated some of the ironworks/shire gear acquisition/upgrades are

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Kaubocks posted:

i just accidentally spent 600 poetics on the wrong upgrade materials and i am once again loving livid about how unnecessarily complicated some of the ironworks/shire gear acquisition/upgrades are

As the owner of several pieces of Gobtwine of not the Tautest variety, I second this. Ironworks is especially unpleasant, since the place to upgrade it isn't even in the same zone.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any sort of notification when you're about to lose your house from not being subbed or do you have to just keep tabs on it? My friend who owns our house hasn't been subbed for a month and is going to resub to keep the house from relapsing but he's not sure exactly how long he has.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
At 35 and 42 days of not accessing their house, they'll be emailed with the address they registered their account with. On day 45 it goes poof.

For 35 days after that, they can reclaim part of the lot cost and most furnishings from the housing caretakers.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there any sort of notification when you're about to lose your house from not being subbed or do you have to just keep tabs on it? My friend who owns our house hasn't been subbed for a month and is going to resub to keep the house from relapsing but he's not sure exactly how long he has.

If you are set to have rights to the house, you can go into your Timers window on the second tab, and it'll say how long you have until the house gets demolished if it's 15 days or less.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Changed my hair. Changed my glamour. Still have a hard time taking good screenshots with my controller. But the journey continues!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What Job is the best to do Wanderer's Palace (Hard) as with Squadron? I tried Tank, but the Healer with maxed Healing AI still acts like they're AFKing to watch Netflix and I have to spam Engage to get them to attack the enemies instead of the standards.

That's not even getting into Boss #2.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What Job is the best to do Wanderer's Palace (Hard) as with Squadron? I tried Tank, but the Healer with maxed Healing AI still acts like they're AFKing to watch Netflix and I have to spam Engage to get them to attack the enemies instead of the standards.

Someone in FC chat said healer works (with lots of engage/disengage for positioning). Think it's needed to deal with the final boss's Doom.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

isk posted:

Someone in FC chat said healer works (with lots of engage/disengage for positioning). Think it's needed to deal with the final boss's Doom.

I tried it as a healer and kept wiping due to the dumbfuck tank trying to pick up the Standards all the time and not reacting to Disengage fast enough to not drag Mola-jaja into his buff field and start murdering hard.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I haven’t done any relic weapons at all. Are the ARR ones still a huge pain, and should I just skip to the HW ones instead? Just looking for glams.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kloa posted:

I haven’t done any relic weapons at all. Are the ARR ones still a huge pain, and should I just skip to the HW ones instead? Just looking for glams.
HW animas are a little bit less painful than relics just because the steps are generally a little more smartly designed in general, but if you're going to take it all the way to zeta/lux they probably take about as much effort so you should just pick the one you like the look of the most.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The ARR relics still have book stage and the ridiculous Zodiac Braves collection quests so that makes them automatically worse. Most of them also look pretty bad (in terms of polygons/texture resolution) compared to the various anime steps of HW. Pick a HW anime unless you like to suffer (imagine I added the WVR image here).

Other than the initial crystal farming (which seems a bit less painful than atmas but is probably on par) and light farming, the animes are simple because they're mostly about collecting items you can either buy with poetics or with some items which are more efficient than poetics but ask for specific content (eg. unidentified items for hunt seals or beast tribe tokens, aether oils from the weekly ARR 24-man quest, crystal sand being easy if you can get red scrips).

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Ragnarok Zeta is still the nicest looking axe in the game, let alone ANY game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I did it as dps and it worked (the healer is smart enough to throw you a heal when you get Doomed, usually) but no matter what you're going to have to constantly disengage and re-engage so you can move the boss out of range of the standards.

Note: do not disengage until after the healer has removed your Doom, unless you've got a potion handy to save yourself.