Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My husband was MIA for the first half of our child's birth (35M/33F)

quote:

Apologies in advance that this will be very long.

I found out my husband was talking about me with another woman last week. I saw the texts and while there was nothing sexual, they crossed a line as they were both mocking me and he was complaining about me to her. It resulted in a huge fight. I accused him of emotional cheating, he accused me of not trusting him and being jealous and crazy because of the pregnancy. He walked out and turned his phone off. I didn't hear from him for 2 days.

I went into labor and still hadn't heard from him. I had no way to contact him. I tried calling him repeatedly but my number was blocked. My neighbor ended up driving me to the hospital. I tried to call him from her phone but he hung up on me as soon as he heard my voice. I left him multiple voicemails and texted him but he blocked her number too (without reading or listening to the messages, he says.)

I eventually called his mother. I thought that was the nuclear option and tried everything else first, since him and his mom have a difficult relationship and I don't like involving her in our marriage. I would have just said gently caress it if I had anyone else to help me through the birth process, but he's been the center of my social life since we just moved to the area. My neighbor is not a friend, just a very nice lady helping me out. Anyway, his mom finally got a hold of him and told him what was going on, and he came to the hospital, about 5 hours after I had gone into labor.

Now that the baby is here, my husband took me home and is trying to play the perfect dad. He asked if we could just forget what happened and start over, I said no. He told me that this was my fault for driving him away when I found the messages form the other woman. He said I should have told him immediately that I was in labor when I called from the neighbor's phone rather than asking him why my calls weren't going through. He told me to get over it and move on so our child doesn't come into a broken household.

I could probably get over the conversations with the other woman, but the fact that he blocked my number and hung up on me, especially knowing that I was 38 weeks pregnant, is infuriating. I wish I could walk out, but the fact of the matter is that I can't. I can still barely walk post birth, I get winded easily, and I have a new baby to take care of. I'm currently on unpaid maternity leave, so I have no income and no support system in the area. So right now, I just have to find a way to work it out and cohabitate with my husband. I need advice on how to live with him without taking out all of my anger and frustration and heartbreak on him. I don't know how to handle being around him anymore. Please help.

TL;DR I had a fight with my husband about his texts with another woman. He ghosted me and hung up on me when I went into labor. Now he wants me to get over it so we can have the perfect family life, but I don't think I can. Help?
:murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Haifisch posted:

My husband was MIA for the first half of our child's birth (35M/33F)

:murder:

Of loving course there are a few people in the comments that are like ‘ehhhhh’ :shrug:

quote:

I disagree, I do not believe that this is a broken home. This was an incident that turned into an argument. People are not perfect. We do not live in a perfect world with Ken and Barbie live happily ever after.

Was what he did stupid? Yes. People complain about their spouses to other people. It happens. We are all individuals and not every action or reaction in a relationship or marriage is going to be perfect. I don't believe that this is something worth destroying a marriage over. People can communicate, can forgive, can move forward

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

giving birth is often harder on the woman than on the man

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uhh don't have kids with people who can't handle poo poo talk imo

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Bold of him to try so hard to impregnate his girlfriend while his wife is in labor.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

fuckin lmao

quote:

My partner [23M] doesn't shower. Help.

My boyfriend of about 3 years will go many days up to a week without bathing or brushing his teeth. I'm beginning to seriously worry about his health and my own health. (Maybe TMI) but I've gotten several UTI's since we've started dating which I'm starting to suspect is from his poor hygiene.

I've always known he's never been a "squeaky clean" kind of man, which is part of his allure--down to earth, easy going. HOWEVER, since we've started living together I'm starting to realize the true extent of the problem. I have to ask him multiple days in a row to shower. Finally, maybe on the third day, he will do it. Sometimes that doesn't work and it puts me in a position where I feel like I have to put pressure on him like, "you can't sleep in the bed unless you shower."

He says he's not depressed. I believe him because we are very open about our mental health. But, that worry is still in the back of my mind. Also, he's afraid of getting water in his eat because he has a growth near his drum which needs to be removed. I think this is a very valid fear but he hasn't done anything to pursue getting it removed. I've been supporting and encouraging the removal for about a year now.

I'm just getting really frustrated, like, does he just not care? We've had open conversations about my infections and I've stressed that it's important he's clean before we have sex. Lately, we just haven't been having sex because he hasn't been showering. Yes, he would rather not shower than have sex with me. Is this common for people to be so uninterested in their hygiene? Is this an effect of a greater cause from his past? Is it just a bad habit?

I would truly appreciate some advice because I'm seriously worried. I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to lose my patience. I just never thought, as an adult, I would have to ask my adult boyfriend to shower routinely. But, above anything, I worry this could be a sign or symptom of a deeper pain he's not comfortable opening up about. I truly love this man but I'm starting to get really turned off by this problem.

Is there anything I can do to make this better for the both of us? THANK YOU!!

TL;DR I [24F] have to beg my boyfriend [23M] to shower. He will go up to a week without showering or brushing his teeth. I am worried about him. It's starting to affect how I view our relationship. Does anyone relate or have insight?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hi liter posted:

fuckin lmao

3 years! 3 years of this poo poo (probably literal)! How is anyone single?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I love when commenters focus on him complaining about her, when the real issue is that he blocked his 38 w preg wife's calls knowing he was her support to get to the hospital. Also him blaming her for "making" him do a really irresponsible thing

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

hi liter posted:

fuckin lmao

I'm fairly certain this one is a repeat from earlier in the thread. Still, dude is loving gross.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I love when OPs focus on the lack of showering when their partner has untreated ear cancer or whatever

Triage, redditors!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hi liter posted:

fuckin lmao

Dear reddit,

my boyfriend's dick is so dirty I get a UTI every time I gently caress him and he gets mad when he takes a shower, what should I do?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

therobit posted:

I'm fairly certain this one is a repeat from earlier in the thread. Still, dude is loving gross.
Nope, it's new. It's just a depressingly common story that keeps happening for some reason.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Haifisch posted:

Nope, it's new. It's just a depressingly common story that keeps happening for some reason.

Right down to the UTIs huh? Jesus what is wrong with people? And how ugly and/or broken are these women that they are willing to settle for that?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My [31F] husband [68Z] has eaten the brains of all my friends and family and I'm barricaded in the bathroom

quote:

First of all, I'd like to say that my relationship with Rob (together 15 years, married 13) has always been perfect, except for this one thing.

He is an undertaker, but has never bothered performing the appropriate cleansing rites as he laid the dead to rest, claiming they were mere silly superstitions.

One day he put two bodies to ground under the Blue Moon, and came home with what he claimed was a bite from the graveyard hound, who he has always claimed had all its shots. I was still worried but he wouldn't go see a doctor. He had a haunted look, but he has always been so stubborn, it's one of the things that I always liked about him, except sometimes it would get annoying. He has always been a great provider to me and our children [12F, 10M].

The next day he was acting very strange, barely talking, leaving the house several times and coming back a bit filthier than usual. He forgot his phone the third time I got out, and he left his phone unlocked. I know it's wrong to snoop, but I was at my wits` ends; I thought he was cheating on me. The reality was worse: he was posting on this weird Monstergeddon forum. He started a thread, "Zombies for beginners lol". I should have let it go at that, but I read his posts, and he said he ate our neighbors and their pet dog, and the children were next! I ran around to see where they were, and couldn't find them; they were supposed to be back from school, but I only saw their backpacks.

Suddenly I heard a great knocking at the door. I rushed to the bathroom and barricaded myself, and now I take it to your, reddit. Can our marriage be salvaged? How can I be a good helpmeet to a zombie husband?

tl;dr: My husband is a zombie, still not willing to give up on this marriage.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I know a guy who was living in Alaska with his very pregnant wife, and he was friends with her gyno and they had set up a big bear hunting trip on the morning that her contractions began and they were both like "don't worry dear, still plenty of time to go hunting all day, we'll take you to the delivery room when we get back" while she was bawling the entire time

In the end they did wind up having plenty of time, still though lol way to take your wife's doctor away like as soon as her contractions start lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife (27F) of 5 years and I (28M) are going through something I never expected I would have to deal with.
I don't know what to do. I am 28, wife is 27. We have a 6 month old and an almost 4 year old. We currently live on the west coast because I'm in the military. We are both originally from Texas.

For years, the plan was to move back to Texas after my contract ended, and we talked about it for years. Then, a little over a year ago, we started to pursue the idea of swinging. This was something we had talked about several times over the years and decided to take the plunge. Fairly quickly, we found a swinger couple that we both liked. We all seemed to get along really well and yadda yadda yadda. They lived a couple hours away, so it was a bit of a hassle to get together to do stuff, but we made it work. Also worth noting that this other couple has 4 children all 10 and under.

Fast forward a couple months, my wife asks me what I think about her referring to the other couple's wife as her girlfriend. I didn't think much of it really since we were all swinging and all that, so I said sure, why not. I didn't really think of what that meant for her until later.

Fast forward a month or so later, I go on deployment for about 7 months. During this time, my wife hung out with them constantly, since she was alone at the house and they helped her keep her mind off of me being gone. At one point during the deployment, the couple has some employment/living complications and wind up moving into my house with my wife while they get back on their feet. Once again, this wasn't a big issue for me.

Right before I come back from deployment, the couple decides to move into an apartment literally 3 minutes away. My wife became way closer to them than I ever was. When I come home, everything is fine for a little while, but it's just not the same for me. I don't really like the amount of time we spend with them and the more I get to know them, the more I feel like they aren't really the kind of people I really care to hang out with all that much. They're dirty, lazy, and the other couple is always fighting with eachother. My wife is equally lazy. I feel like I'm the only one that cleans anything and I do all the cooking (which I like doing anyway). I feel like a scolding parent constantly talking about how we need to clean and save money and so on.

HERE is where things start to get really uncomfortable. This whole time, they've all been sad/dreading the thought of us moving back home after I get out of the military. One night during a very intoxicated hang out, I stupidly say "Oh don't worry, we aren't going to go back. We are going to stay when I get out". This is something I always regret saying, but quickly made it known to my wife that I in fact DO NOT want to stay here and it's not fair to use that night as a reference for me saying that we would.

Ever since then, I have been distancing myself from them and its putting a real strain on my relationship with my wife. She absolutely does not want to go back home. I grew up with my family around me and it is what I want for my children as well now that all of my family has kids the same age. I have family and friends back home that I grew up my whole life and even lived with for years. My wife on the other hand, since moving up here, has decided that she doesn't care about her family back home. She sees this new couple and their kids as her new family. I've even heard her say "I love you" to her "girlfriend".

Whenever I talk about the fact that I don't want to be here, we both get really sad and just talk about everything but it never really seems to get anywhere. I know she wants to stay here and doesn't want to go home. She knows I don't want to stay here at ALL. I have told her that I cannot see myself being happy as long as we are in this current situation. In the last few months I started taking depression/anxiety medication. I am absolutely certain that a large portion of this is because of this situation.

I've never been the MOST sexual person, but ever since I've been back, I've had almost no desire to do anything. We have sex every now and then, and it's always fun at the time. Internally though it's hard for me to want to do anything. It sounds silly but I feel like if we are having sex, it's like me telling my wife that I'm ok with everything, and I'm not.

About 2 months ago, during one discussion where I was clearly down. We got into everything. It ended with the idea that basically we want different things. She wants this lifestyle and I do not. We cried and hugged and had sort of settled on the fact that we just aren't seeing things the same way. It honestly felt like a break-up. I was under the idea that there was a very good chance that we were going to be through. A few days later, there was a bunch of drama with the other couple that ended with them telling my wife that we were all basically through, she was considering divorcing her husband, and she just needed time alone from us. Her husband came by and dropped off all our stuff that was at their house. It also felt like a breakup. My wife was a mess, but quickly started to accept the outcome and started talking about how maybe this was just what was supposed to happen and it's for the best and blah blah. It was the happiest I could remember being in the last 6 months. We were through with them, going back home. I was elated. A few days later, everyone makes up and it's back to the same old poo poo. I'm internally crushed and my wife knows it.

Another big thing worth mentioning is my wife's recent absurdly irresponsible spending habits. We barely scrape by every month and are almost always struggling financially. We are constantly paying for things for them as well. We even have them added on our phone service. The idea was that they would pay us the difference on our bill but I have yet to see a dime. This is the other big part of my depression/anxiety.

I try to reason with her about what she possibly thinks we would do about money when I get out. We would no longer have free insurance or housing allowance, or even a guaranteed pay check. Fresh out of the military I don't see us making as much as I make currently, so if we are struggling now, it's only going to get worse. Back home, it's about 30% cheaper to live across the board. We have family that would happily let us stay with them while we get back on our feet, AND we would have help with the children. Up here we would have no family, only this couple (who is worse off than us financially).

These days, my wife hangs out at their house a lot without me. She knows I don't like to hang out over there. I honestly enjoy the time to myself here. I usually keep our 4 year old with me and put him to bed and play video games. When she is around, which seems like about 50% of the time, I'm usually pretty mopey and blah. It's not something I try to do, but it just kind of works out that way.

I don't know what to do. I feel like knowing that I can't be happy up here means I can't stay here. But going back home with my wife would mean SHE isn't happy. I have a family to consider. I can't tell if I'm being selfish by going back home and making her unhappy. Even worse, if she refuses to go, am I being even more selfish to go by myself? I have children to consider. The thought of divorce puts a pit in my stomach, but if it came to that, what would that mean for our children? My wife can't support them by herself... It's kind of come up in our talks and she's said things like "You'd rather leave me and go home than stay here with me?" but I could always turn the question back around on her and ask "You'd rather leave me and stay with them instead of coming back home with me?" I am all but convinced that if we had never met this couple, my wife wouldn't even be thinking twice about moving.

The whole thing is a mess. I feel like I haven't even touched on most of it but my head is a mess right now. I love my wife. I love my kids. But I hate my life right now.

​**TL;DR Started swinging about a year ago with my wife and now she loves a couple and doesn't want to move, even though it was our plan and it's making me unhappy.**

Isn't this one of the phases of the famous E/N 'have you considered not marrying your fiance?' post?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Have something warm and fuzzy for a change:

Dear Prudence posted:

Q. Mom and Dad in Love: Five years ago, I went home from a bar with a stranger. We decided to have a summer fling. Then our birth control failed, and I became pregnant. We decided to keep our daughter and raise her together, although we didn’t want a romantic relationship. Since our daughter’s birth, we have become best friends, although we always made it clear to her we weren’t going to be together like her friends’ parents. Low and behold, we’ve fallen in love. We’ve been very cautious about what to tell our daughter about our relationship. But we’ve been together for a while, and we want to get married. How do we explain to our daughter that, contrary to everything we’ve told her before, Mom and Dad are in love?

A: Lots of parents worry about the conversation in which they sit each the kids down and explain that Mom and Dad don’t love each other anymore. So sitting your daughter down and explaining, “Surprise, we love each other!” is a happy one to have. Your daughter is very young, and you and her father have been together for a while in a way that indicates that whatever you’ve said, you two are like the married parents of her friends. What’s most important is that you convey that you and her dad are excited about all of you living together as a family. Tell your daughter that while often parents get married first then have kids, you two are doing it in reverse order, which means she can be the flower girl at your wedding! That will be a message that should have her jumping for joy.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Rebellious teenage years when she finds out her parents are getting a marriage.

e: Look kid, you may be tempted to blame yourself for your parents getting married and.......well actually, yeah that's kinda how it happened.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

God why cant you attack each other by competing for my love

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

now we only have to get you one birthday present, from both of us

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its just a hard conversation to have, explaining to your daughter why daddy is home.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Honey, your mother and I want you to know that it’s not your fault we’re getting married. Sometimes these things just happen.

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug
I've [f/26] had it with my boyfriend [m/31] of three years' horrible housekeeping and lack of cleanliness!

quote:

Oof I am ANGRY today, reddit.

My boyfriend's irresponsibility has always driven me mad despite the wonderful and kind man he is, but I finally went off on him, and now he's upset with me. I've been trying to spend more time with him lately as he feels I've been distant (I've explained it's because his house is, from top to bottom, a total STY, and I really hate being in there for too long because the smell just gets to me and it's depressing) and so I've been putting up with it and shutting up and trying to ignore it and even pick up while I'm there, but the mess is just... overwhelming.

I feel bad saying this, but have you ever seen those videos of landlords going into apartments/homes they've rented out to drug addicts? THAT'S what it's beginning to look like (without the drugs.)

So,
  1. you've got a kitchen counter and a sink full of dishes he won't clean, table often filled to the brim with garbage or papers and unsorted mail, broken oven and unsorted takeout trash everywhere, sometimes even ants are on the table,
  2. one downstairs bathroom totally unusable and the toilet taped shut with a "do not use" sign (he won't tell me what's wrong but I'm going to be mad if he's just avoiding unclogging it) and cat litter everywhere on the floor, no soap, no paper towels, magazines in the sink. It has a clothes washer in there, whatever, otherwise it's unusable.
  3. Living room is a dusty, hairy, beer-can addled mess and maybe the worst room of the lot. Cat hair everywhere, ZERO organization (everything on the floor and is just left on the floor) the couches are packed with cat hair, fleas, clothes, more bottles/cans, movies and videogames, and are in desperate need of a good vacuuming, or, better yet, just need to be thrown out at this point since the dog peed on them years ago,
  4. The bathroom upstairs is..... a nightmare. The tub drain is clogged and has been for A MONTH. Gray flimy soap water is stagnating at about three inches, and "I poured draino in it, it will work eventually" is the excuse he gives for leaving it like that. I feel bad about what I'm going to say next, but, since this is a throwaway... he has a really bad incontinence issue due to a health problem he was born with (neurogenic) which more or less requires him to wear "incontinence underwear" most of the day. He has the used underwear piled up in a corner of the room and the smell is.... horrible. I've had to hold my breath and close my eyes to avoid gagging at the smell.
  5. Finally.......... his bedroom. He refuses -- REFUSES -- to utilize the beautiful sets of bedsheets I've provided him with and will sleep on a bare mattress and bare pillows, you can't see the floor because of the trash and clothes mingled together and, here's the kicker.... this has really, really hosed up our sex life. I cannot be intimate in those surroundings due to the discomfort, the sights, and the feeling of my naked body on a bacterial swamp mattress. I just can't do it, no matter how in the mood I am, so I have been less apt to "going upstairs" lately and he's been bummed about it.

Oh and, I've picked up fleas. Yes, the cat he owns has basically had fleas for three straight years and he refuses to let her wear a collar and won't buy the medication, so the house is more or less infested now. I've bought medication, he won't use it.

Now since my last visits this week... I've brought back fleas to my car, which I'm treating TONIGHT, and I've brought them back home as well which I must now use a flea bomb for, treat the carpets, get more flea medicine for the cat, etc.

He still.... doesn't care, and is instead getting mad at me for bringing it up. His excuse? "They'll die in the winter".
I've tried to clean the house myself and he just gets mad when I do, often gets frustrated if I touch his things or run the vacuum too loud. He interrupts me and says "I'LL JUST DO IT" and he never does.

I am at an absolute loss right now because he only sees me as "nagging" him when I bring this stuff up and he'll mention he's tired from work or is depressed which I get -- but I really, really see this as being an actual dealbreaker after all this time. I don't think I can handle it, and if and when we move in together, I don't think I'll be able to handle picking up everything all the time!!

He has asperger's and is extremely difficult to reason with unless I make demands but he gets his feelings hurt when I do. How do I tell him that this is a problem without coming off as a mean, naggy girlfriend, and instead a concerned partner??

tldr; Boyfriend lives an extremely slovenly lifestyle to the point where it's damaging our relationship (AND his house) and making me feel very uncomfortable and disgusted, and consider that this may actually break us up. I don't know how to get through to him... and I feel that I won't be able to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That poor cat.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wak posted:

I've [f/26] had it with my boyfriend [m/31] of three years' horrible housekeeping and lack of cleanliness!

I'm not seeing what this lady's problem is tbh :shrug:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Steal that poor cat and run far away, lady.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

wak posted:

three years!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I'd had trouble saying no to my mom if she carried multiple knives on her too.

To be fair, a lot of people already have trouble saying “no” when your mom calls them over

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
men are pestilential

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Suddenly locusts swarm from the toilet and begin eating his gamecube

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
How is anyone single when there are women that put up with that.

incels literally losing to chad incontinent guy with stinking underwear rotting in the corner.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

quote:

I am a 32/m skinny Jewish mama's-boy nerd, am in love with a 34/f overweight alcoholic Brazilian daytime stripper who I met at the stripclub back in December, 6 months ago. I didn't like her at first, but she was very aggressive and flattering me a lot, and that made me like her more (yes, shameless but true).

This must be in the midwest.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

mllaneza posted:

Wake me up three and a half hours before my alarm on a work night to buy you cigarettes ? Sounds like I've got 3.5 hours to dispose of the body.

She should have metaphorically stepped out for some smokes, not literally

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Haifisch posted:

Have something warm and fuzzy for a change:

Who said romance is dead? :unsmith:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Isn't this one of the phases of the famous E/N 'have you considered not marrying your fiance?' post?

quote:

Go ask the career development folks at the MPF. Also pimp the TMO folks and ask them.

The final answer comes from one of those two sources. And in the end you have a 50/50 chance of being told the wrong thing anyway.

But you asked for thoughts, and after smoking a bowl and contemplating things, I had a thought I'd like to share with you.

Have you considered not marrying your fiancee?

I can count on one finger the number of guys that were USAF intel officers that I wouldn't line up outside the gas chambers if the fourth reich became a thing.

A few years from now, when you can't even stand to look at him without feeling a sense of extreme hatred and disappointment simultaneous to realizing that at 28 years old you spend 50% of your day thinking about becoming a divorcee, remember this advice: Run the gently caress away now.

Seriously, there is a 100% chance your fiancee is a tool and a loving nitwit. There is a 100% chance that he will be peer pressured into becoming a distilled version of fighter pilot gay bro'ness not by dudes that fly fighter jets, but other sperged out intel retard officers. He's going to start saying things like "Check, Rodge, Vector, Burner" and other associated lame as gently caress things, while also sometimes randomly wearing a flightsuit to work on Fridays despite his only flight time being the fam flight he poo poo his pants or puked his guts up during.

Also he's going to cheat on you. Oh man is he going to cheat on you. And there is a not too bad chance that it won't be with some good looking gal, but rather some dumb bitch enlisted intel girl that almost got a degree in psychology from her podunk state school before she decided she hated the taste of gargling frat sperm and dropped out and joined up to get a chance at being the hottest little twat in a windowless SCIF in Japan.

But don't worry about that breaking your heart, he'll never tell you. You'll be too busy caring for the 3-4 kids he demands you squeeze out in repayment to the base model BMW 3 series he's going to buy you when he gets to his second assignment at Tinker AFB.

When he's not deep dicking some borderline inbred dipshit Airman who's a civilian 5 and intel 12, he'll be lording over you how his job and career come first, and pray he doesn't make more money than you because that'll come up everytime you sigh audibly at the dinner table where you two will passive aggressively try to grind down each others will to live and breathe.

By this point as a captain he's going to be TDY 1-2 months a year, where he's getting half assed hand jobs from third tier strippers on excursions with the least socially inept enlisted guys in his flight-- this is probably the point where his raging alcoholism will be so clear and obvious to you that you two will start fighting every Saturday before kick off when his colleges football team inevitably will take a beating. This fight won't stop until his next TDY when the sweet release of his toothless stripper infidelities and lack of home presence gives you time to bust out your big giant purple *BZZZZZ* friend whenever those walking talking pants making GBS threads machines you call children fall asleep long enough to let you deaden the nerves in your clitoris.

Soon after he'll take his third assignment, the one right before he pins on Major, and suddenly he'll be pressuring you into becoming a fundamentalist christian, and he'll delete all of his whores off of his Facebook account and spend his home time posting image macros about 2nd amendment rights, and how jesus spoke english in the bible so these loving Mexicans should too. At this point you two will be consigned to bi-annual loving, and only when you've drank enough cheap boxed wind to be able to stand the idea of him pounding away on you missionary style but still refusing to look you in the eyes.

This will also be the point when your oldest child’s ADHD and pyromania are diagnosed, and one of your parents die. There is around a 85% chance one of you is going to be eating zoloft and klonopin out of loving pez dispensers, and waking up angry that the sweet release of death hasn't taken one of you out of this loveless hosed up marriage.

Somewhere in here the idea of swinging is going to come up casually as an almost joke when you are both in the blissful release of a nice drunken buzz, and one of you will actually be very open and interested in the idea. The other is going to wind up being an unhappy accomplice wondering why your partner wants to gently caress almost chubby guys with spray on tans, or watch the sacred hole through which your children came into this world be filled with all manner of different ethnicities of cock.

I'm late to bring this up, but sooner rather than later you're also going to screen positive for HPV, and your intel officer husband is going to take every bit of research skills he has from his job to convince you that you got it from donating blood or sitting on a toilet seat.

You didn't get it from the Red Cross or a trip to the shitter.

As it stands now though, you can walk the gently caress away and enjoy a life that I'm pretty sure would be better than the above. And you'll never have to see the inside of an officers wives meeting which is a Lovecraftian hell that makes my description of your future seem like Charlie's trip through the chocolate factory.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My(26F) MIL(54F) wants to tell me she forgives me. I haven't done anything to her but she has definitely hurt me.

quote:

Ok so a little while ago me and my husband separated because he cheated on me and it literally broke my brain. It wasn't the first time he had done this but it was the first time I had caught him in the act and it was in our home. I had a lot of panic attacks (I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder that I take medication for) after and I asked my husband for an STD test which he refused so we separated. While we were separated I reached out to my MIL and she blocked and deleted my number from her phone. She told my husband to divorce me and get a restraining order against me. My husband went out drinking a lot and even took another woman on a date all while I was having major panic attacks and trying to care for our son. It's been a year and we are working on things and are back together. ( you guys dont need to tell me I shouldn't be with him. I know the decision I made.)

So anyways I love my MIL. She used to live about 600 miles away but she recently moved to our area which is great for everyone. It took a lot to get her to warm up to me. I can remember when my husband and I started dating she would bring other women around and ask my husband to take them out to lunch and get to know them right in front of me. She has also made it very clear that she would much rather him be with someone of his own race rather than me. But I pushed hard and eventually won her over, or so I thought. Now that she's closer I see her more often and she just seems fake. She doesn't hug me, she doesnt talk to me, and she definitely does not want to spend time with me. My husband told me that she's waiting on me to reach out to her about everything we went through and she wants to tell me she forgives me for treating her son that way. When I heard that I realized that she's just waiting for us to divorce and be rid of me for good.

So my question is how do I deal with all of this? Do i reach out to her? Do i just let it sit like this for a while? Do i blow my lid and really tell her how i feel? What do?

TL;DR: MIL wants to forgive me for having panic attacks after my husband when infidelity crazy and she's never liked me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This story is why evil stepmothers in Disney films have to give bad advice becauae otherwise wed be rooting for them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

My(26F) MIL(54F) wants to tell me she forgives me. I haven't done anything to her but she has definitely hurt me.

My first time through this I missed that OP and her husband are trying to make it work and I was just wondering why OP was spending so much time and effort trying to win over her ex's mom

but yeah honestly I'm with MIL on this, OP and her husband should just divorce and move on with their drat lives

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

She has also made it very clear that she would much rather him be with someone of his own race rather than me.

loquacius posted:

but yeah honestly I'm with MIL on this, OP and her husband should just divorce and move on with their drat lives

How "with" the MIL would you say you are, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

blarzgh posted:

How "with" the MIL would you say you are, again?

I missed that line and didn't even know OP and husband were different races, so yes she is probably racist but their marriage doesn't seem to be worth saving regardless