Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.B. CURES KANSAS
Sep 22, 2018

"I am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away but with blood."

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

'But we won't get another Democrat in that state elected again ever!' is a poor argument when Manchin already doesn't bother to vote with the caucus in the first place.
*pokes at a calculator* akshully if you take a look at these figures you will find that joe manchin is 12.8% better than the average republican *explodes in a cloud of succ*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Why the gently caress do the absolute worse liberals have the biggest followings, pretend they're left wing and poo poo on anything that isn't Hillary or Biden, or any other explanation for anything lovely that's happening in the world besides blaming Eastern Europeans for it?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

Trumpthread.txt

The thing that gets me is that, even if you accept their premise that a lovely Democrat is more useful than a Republican, it still makes zero sense to get irritated/angry at people for accurately bad-mouthing them. Even if you disagreed with other peoples' decisions to not vote for the "lesser evil" in cases like that, the pragmatic thing to do would be to still encourage politicians to move to the left (unless, of course, they were actually opposed to that ideologically).

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

'But we won't get another Democrat in that state elected again ever!' is a poor argument when Manchin already doesn't bother to vote with the caucus in the first place.

Also when the ads against Ojeda are increasingly unhinged.

https://twitter.com/CarolMillerWV/status/1047485271082762240

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Previa_fun posted:

Trumpthread.txt

Wait, how is manchin useful if he votes with the GOP 100% of the time?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Condiv posted:

Wait, how is manchin useful if he votes with the GOP 100% of the time?

He'll vote for a D Majority Leader, supposedly.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

another term for CHUCK

J.B. CURES KANSAS
Sep 22, 2018

"I am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away but with blood."

:lol: fulchrum got a new av and it's really, really good y'all

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

VitalSigns posted:

Looking forward to our new majority leader Mitch McConnell (D)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

Also when the ads against Ojeda are increasingly unhinged.

https://twitter.com/CarolMillerWV/status/1047485271082762240

Did nobody tell her that you're not supposed to run ads that make your opponent look good? Like jesus gently caress, I wanna hear the pitch when they came up with this ad "Hey, let's compare our opponent to the guy who was arguably the biggest badass in the country within living memory".

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Fienstein just said that she would have voted for Kavanaugh on his judicial record.

E: NPR reporter: “Chuck Schumer is a brilliant strategist.”

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 5, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Kingfish posted:

Fienstein just said that she would have voted for Kavanaugh on his judicial record.

E: NPR reporter: “Chuck Schumer is a brilliant strategist.”

There's like a thousand angry protesters outside the Capitol. Even in you are the most centrist rear end in a top hat, WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS PUBLICLY?? She can't be dumped fast enough.

Also lol NPR are the kind of wonks that would think that.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Radish posted:

There's like a thousand angry protesters outside the Capitol. Even in you are the most centrist rear end in a top hat, WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS PUBLICLY?? She can't be dumped fast enough.

Also lol NPR are the kind of wonks that would think that.

:decorum:

She wants to look centrist and nonpartisan by saying that her opposition is purely based on the sexual assault stuff, and that she would have happily voted for Kavanaugh if he had a clean record. It's also a rather obvious lie, but no one ever accused the centrist Dems of being good actors.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

:decorum:

She wants to look centrist and nonpartisan by saying that her opposition is purely based on the sexual assault stuff, and that she would have happily voted for Kavanaugh if he had a clean record. It's also a rather obvious lie, but no one ever accused the centrist Dems of being good actors.

Yeah but it's stupid as hell since there are literally no people respecting a measured take on this guy outside of idiot pundits. People are either screaming he absolutely unqualified (and are totally correct) or rallying behind the idea that sexual assault is a joke to own the libs. It's absolutely polarized and this is the dumbest hill to fly your serious and responsible centrism on.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 5, 2018

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The West Wing and its memory is a blight on Washington.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

double nine posted:

The West Wing and its memory is a blight on Washington.

in addition to being the better forum, cspam also has The Worst Wing! the weekly podcast by goons dedicated to tearing down this abomination of a show

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

we need our politicians to call out conservative jurisprudence as the fraud it is. it's just as stupid as wanting creationism taught in schools.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What saying that you have the magic ability to speak to the dead founders and they just happen to agree with everything your party thinks isn't good jurisprudence???

That sounds very undecorumy of you. :ohdear:

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 5, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I’m loving the new trump thread catch-22 where you’re either a notorious bad dem poster who isn’t allowed to post articles without getting a probe or you’re a rereg who will catch a probe for commenting on the thread’s blatant issues.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

it's ok that women lose access to abortion + contraceptives and lgbt people get unperson'd. don't worry, we have your back so vote for the dems! we'll get a dem in 2020 to maybe move towards a motion to bring us partially back to where we were before trump! :downs:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PenguinKnight posted:

it's ok that women lose access to abortion + contraceptives and lgbt people get unperson'd. don't worry, we have your back so vote for the dems! we'll get a dem in 2020 to maybe move towards a motion to bring us partially back to where we were before trump! :downs:

But, have you considered that women losing access to abortion and LGBT people getting unperson'd would make the Republicans look bad and motivate Democratic voters???

You see, every failure is actually a success because it will make the Republicans look bad!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

the dems can only go up UP uP!

this is good for bitcoin the democratic party

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Trabisnikof posted:

I’m loving the new trump thread catch-22 where you’re either a notorious bad dem poster who isn’t allowed to post articles without getting a probe or you’re a rereg who will catch a probe for commenting on the thread’s blatant issues.

I'd be willing to guess that they are all very well off libs who see politics as team sports and don't really give a poo poo about poor and working class people. As evidenced by the classic "all rural voters are racists and dumb" which you see repeated adnauseum there. Basically the 4% Clinton still with her nutjobs.

I hate it but it's also a very good containment zone which should be allowed to be invaded when 2 Rs vote No and 2 Dems vote yes to get Kavanaugh on the court. But I'm just spitballing here.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

But, have you considered that women losing access to abortion and LGBT people getting unperson'd would make the Republicans look bad and motivate Democratic voters???

You see, every failure is actually a success because it will make the Republicans look bad!

The Democrats are basically a politicians union rather than a political party so they care a lot more about their jobs than literally anything else. Weird that Manchin's Senate seat is much more important than whatever psychological effect of a Democratic Senator endorsing Trump's woman hating SCOTUS justice would be.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Its important to keep Manchin around so when we get a majority we can be led by :swoon::syoon: Chuck Schumer :syoon::swoon:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Can we all agree that Democrats are a waste at this point?

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

New prediction: Manchin won't be the only Democrat to vote yes

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Can we all agree that Democrats are a waste at this point?

We can, but some will lie.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gently caress Joe Manchin and gently caress the Democratic party. If they can't even keep themselves to a unanimous vote against this guy who even vowed revenge against them they aren't worth poo poo. I hope he loving loses since it doesn't even matter since in the off chance he's the tie breaker he'll flip anyway and then scoot off to whatever reward job he'd get in the off chance he loses his next election. It's not like they are going to loving do anything except tread water until they lose the Senate again and the Republicans get back to business. That's IF they don't bipartisan and decorum us to hell first.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 5, 2018

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:rip: blue wave

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

There should seriously be litmus tests for Democrats that they need to meet before anybody even considers voting for them. I personally think that should be M4A and 15$ minimum wage, not that those alone make you great just the bare minimum of acceptable. The Trump thread doing backflips to justify voting even for people who think its cool to put rapists on the SCOTUS is loving absurd.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

At the absolute minimum packing the courts with two new justices the moment it's able (lol the Senate) but instead we have Schumer talking about raising the voting threshold back to 60. Literally every Democratic from the leftiest AOC fan to the donutiest Hillary hold out is pissed as gently caress and wants retribution but these dinosaurs want to go back to the time when they could eat dinner with their Republican friends and not get hassled.

It's going to be darkly funny if the media decides to focus on Manchin and possibly some other Red State Democrat voting yes to give this guy "bipartisan" support chaining the Democrats to him.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I mean there's nothing to even discuss about "resisting" or whatever unless you can talk about how the Democrats can unfuck themselves and their shitstain leadership because forgoing that there is no fixing this.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Axetrain posted:

There should seriously be litmus tests for Democrats that they need to meet before anybody even considers voting for them. I personally think that should be M4A and 15$ minimum wage, not that those alone make you great just the bare minimum of acceptable. The Trump thread doing backflips to justify voting even for people who think its cool to put rapists on the SCOTUS is loving absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AGeY8Nk-DE

lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Voting against this guy should be the biggest slam dunk in years where you get to go into the next election saying your party unanimously backed women. However with Manchin any Republican can rightly say that how can only they be vilified if one of the Democrat's own leaders thinks he's fine and they would have a point.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah forcing pence to cast the tiebreaking vote placing the psychopathic rapist partisan hack would be huge.

J.B. CURES KANSAS
Sep 22, 2018

Radish posted:

It's going to be darkly funny if the media decides to focus on Manchin and possibly some other Red State Democrat voting yes to give this guy "bipartisan" support chaining the Democrats to him.
Of course that's going to happen and is one of the principle arguments for cutting loose shitbirds like Manchin even if it isn't absolutely convenient in the moment. At least when you vote for Republicans, you know what you're getting.

J.B. CURES KANSAS
Sep 22, 2018

Like if you think a caucus that tolerates someone like Joe Manchin in their midst is ever going to impeach Kavanaugh or pack the courts then you have literal loving brain damage.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Manchin is the new Lieberman, except instead of being the deciding vote shielding Halliburton from the rapes they did he shields Kavanagh from the rapes he did.

As with Lieberman, he deserves inconceivable doublehell, as do his cohorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Pelosi sat on the knowledge of the allegations against Kavanaugh for weeks or months before someone leaked it and forced her hand. The Democrats questioning Kavanaugh didn't coordinate efforts before hand. The party relied on an obviously biased FBI investigation instead of digging up dirt themselves and using it against Kavanaugh during the hearing when it would have mattered.

Pelosi and Schumer look at this guy and see a thousand fundraising emails and an energized Democratic base. They probably also think defeating him would energize Republicans and might cost them the Senate and all the fundraising opportunities that come from controlling Senate committees.

This is the outcome they wanted.

• Locked thread