Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins
This poll is closed.
Khabib 63 43.15%
Conor 24 16.44%
The fans 59 40.41%
Total: 146 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

NowonSA posted:

Yeah this is just the full embracing by UFC of the worst and most over the top parts of pro wrestling. Dana deserves to get loads of poo poo for what went down after he was all like "Would you want to be in the McGregor business" after McGregor went tilting at a bus and then just turned around and promoted his return in a big ol superfight.

Now whatever thin veneer of "we don't want you to cause spectacles and do over the top heel antics to disgrace our sport" is out the window, there's been plenty of scummy things that they let slide before but bringing McGregor back is that last push in that direction in my view, so of course if I'm Khabib I'm going to do even crazier heel poo poo to make me even more famous and get paid more down the line. Like, he's a symptom but he's not the disease in my mind. Not that he's blameless in the assholery, but there's enough upside to it in building up your brand that I think a lot of people in his shoes would be willing to scumbag it up.

We'll see Dana act shocked and apalled just like Rogan was on commentary, fine or suspend Khabib (not like a suspension matters much if he gets hit with 3 months and it takes about that long to line up a fight anyway, usually longer), maaaybe strip him of the title but I doubt they go that far, and Khabib's just going to enjoy being an even more famous and in demand fighter.

And that's all if Khabib and his crew just went into business for themselves and did crazy poo poo no one knew they were going to do, it wouldn't take much to convince me that some UFC people were encouraging something like this to happen, if not Dana then someone on the more corporate-y side of UFC, because that crazy carny spectacle is going to draw in more eyeballs in general and from a pure business perspective it's going to raise profits.

I don't really disagree apart from the fact that I don't think Khabib was acting out, just being a Dagestani guy who hangs out with literal war criminals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bape Culture posted:

Assault is bad actually but only when the Eastern European does it. Ireland is cool

maybe both people are bad

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Mean Bean Machine posted:

worst part of all the big ufc cards are the wrestling idiots who show up to whine about how everything is fake

Every. Single. Time. lol

Running up and pulling some bullshit king hit on conor is super loving lovely though, who was that?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

spandexcajun posted:

This post did not age well.

So, the UFC is fake now? Like, in 20 years nothing like that has ever happened at a MMA event. loving WWE bullshit.

nope

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im fine with the Absolute Violence and im glad UFC is becoming more like WWE and giving the crowd dark matches

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Failed Imagineer posted:

maybe both people are bad

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

khabib did nothing wrong

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Just saw the video. Love it. LOVE IT.

Watching twitter meltdowns over it is giving me life.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

They'll strip the title for sure.

Dude destroyed Connor then destroyed his career. Big night for him!

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

“Kids are watching this is very bad”

- genius Americans living in a country where thousands of school children are murdered lmao

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

deathbagel posted:

They'll strip the title for sure.

Dude destroyed Connor then destroyed his career. Big night for him!

Supposedly he was gonna retire anyway, but now he'll come back in a year because it'll make him more money than he's made in his entire career to date combined.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

khabib landed the most significant strike in the stand-up lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
didnt it get reported from khabibs team that he was going to retire anyways

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I had a few drinks.

I think this ain't no work.

But I'll give it consideration.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Khabib aside, the dude who attacked Conor should be banned.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

All Class

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Of all the bizarre poo poo, I'm still amazed that Khabib droppped Conor like that in the standup, never would've expected that to happen.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
UFC 229: SCULPTING THE NARRATIVE
lmao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

it's a sport full of violent assholes. what do you think is gonna happen.

for real, not everything has to be a gimmick to sell tickets. sometimes a violent idiot is a violent idiot

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
strip the title and have ugly tony fight the winner of diaz vs poirier for it....thats the stuff

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's obviously not staged but also it's not like dana&co have ever been willing to pass on a golden goose like khabib vs. mcgregor 2.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's kinda hard to be sympathetic to Conor considering how awful he is as a person, the poo poo he's pulled on people, and his inability to spend a single round in that fight not cheating.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah the red shirted fucker at the very least should be charged and banned

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Let's hope that Matt Damon and Anthony Kiedis are ok after the dust up in the crowd

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Dana White is going to be loving rolling in dough after that poo poo at the end.

Vince bought the UFC!!!

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Zyla posted:

khabib did nothing wrong

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

his inability to spend a single round in that fight not cheating.
"Veteran Moves"
Dom rules.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Well that was loving ugly

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's kinda hard to be sympathetic to Conor considering how awful he is as a person, the poo poo he's pulled on people, and his inability to spend a single round in that fight not cheating.

You don’t have to be sympathetic to anyone. They’re both awful.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

henkman posted:

idk why everyone is thinking this is a work rather than violent dumbasses full of adrenaline doing stupid poo poo

Because they put the MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing threads along with the Men's Soap Opera threads.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Zyla posted:

khabib did nothing wrong

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

it's obviously not staged but also it's not like dana&co have ever been willing to pass on a golden goose like khabib vs. mcgregor 2.

If they let them fight again it is breaking 2 million buys.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I appreciate DC coming in to Dad all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the fact remains that it does not matter at all whether anybody did this with the intent to build hype, it will build hype and khabib will get the wrist slappiest of punishments