Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1048460609610764288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

joepinetree posted:

In line to vote at my Brazilian consulate . Never seen a line this long, I'd say 80% bozo voters. They are openly campaigning for him here, and the Globo people covering this are joining them, asking for pictures and all that.

Expats are scum.

Except you, of course.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

whoa wait who could have guessed?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i hope he purges the liberals who hosed lula first just to prove a point

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
When will results come out?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Jose posted:

i hope he purges the liberals who hosed lula first just to prove a point

why would fascists purge their natural allies first? he'll go after the left and other undesirables and the libs will gladly help him

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
looking forward to this new voting innovation coming stateside
https://twitter.com/BeatleJohn_/status/1048964846790893568

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Portuguese coverage is also slooowly becoming pro-bolsonminon, going on how actually their concerns are valid but showcased in a somewhat brute way. And demanding a third way. At this time of hour. Holy poo poo Luis Marques Mendes you useless lovely goblin.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jose posted:

i meant the politicians and judges and the like

Badger of Basra posted:

why would he purge his own voters

Badger of Basra has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Oct 7, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

why would he purge his own voters

i meant the politicians and judges and the like

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 05:19 on Oct 8, 2021

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
If the exit polls at the state level are right, I think Bolsonaro wins in the first round. Essentially every senate candidate from PT that was leading in the polls till recently is out, according to exit polls. Dilma, Suplicy, Lindbergh, even associated candidates like Requiao are far behind in exit polls.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

love to elect a fascist with the dictatorship in recent memory

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

joepinetree posted:

If the exit polls at the state level are right, I think Bolsonaro wins in the first round. Essentially every senate candidate from PT that was leading in the polls till recently is out, according to exit polls. Dilma, Suplicy, Lindbergh, even associated candidates like Requiao are far behind in exit polls.

Death to the americas

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 05:19 on Oct 8, 2021

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
what happens if they elect a fascist isnt the country like 50% poc

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Probably will reinstitute slavery op

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

cargo cult posted:

Race relations are far more complex in Brazil than in the US and colorism is a thing, where light skinned people who would be considered non-white in the US see themselves as white in Brazil. To use perhaps the most famous example,. Neymar said that he has never been a victim of racism because he is not black.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 05:20 on Oct 8, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I hate Neymar

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Guy wearing a PT shirt got murdered while going to vote. God drat the next years are gonna be epic.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

joepinetree posted:

colorism chat

Oh cool, do you have paper bag parties too?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Brazil can’t even say it’s the “country of the future (and always will be)” anymore.

We’re straight up just redoing Germany 1930s on a bigger territory.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
:lol: If that fucker voted for Bolsonaro, cause there’s literally video of him in a Freemason gathering, and Mourão is definitely a member

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
did the nazi win yet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Guy wearing a PT shirt got murdered while going to vote. God drat the next years are gonna be epic.

good luck

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Stay safe :(

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cargo cult posted:

Easy, the fash just allow a certain percentage of the poc to join them in crushing the remaining % of poc. Similar to what Assad does in Syria.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
He might take on the first round

And might as well be the virtual winner on the runoff anyway

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Exit polls are saying he doesn't win outright today, but it's gonna be real loving close.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a 3 party alliance of the US UK and Brazil called The Pact of Countries That Are Bad At Elections

spivak
May 19, 2010
Jesus what a bunch of shitbag loving fascists in my country. Has been sad, but really eye opening.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

spivak posted:

Jesus what a bunch of shitbag loving fascists in my country. Has been sad, but really eye opening.

it owns that literally everyone in every democratic country is going to say this at some point

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I will never understand the contradiction of being sick of endemic corruption and voting in someone who will obviously make it worse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
drat i didnt know brazil was hosed up as well

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Aurubin posted:

I will never understand the contradiction of being sick of endemic corruption and voting in someone who will obviously make it worse.

It happens when the left allows itself to be disempowered and or doesn't properly crush the socalled judiciary.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Is Haddad predicted to win in the 2nd round and get couped immediately?

spivak
May 19, 2010
No. Right now Bolsonaro is essentially confirmed as the next president. If the electors of the other right wing candidate simply don't vote next time he already wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
just looked and 48% Bolsonaro w/ 80% of seats is fairly scary