Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

I can't believe I haven't seen this till now. And if you haven't seen this till now... Well at least you've seen it now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2sVZbN1yU8

this is wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is there a reason the Immortal Flames are so bad at PvP?

"Maelstrom is best" is a self-perpetuating idea that leads players who want to win to flock to them instead of the others. Freelancers who want to get their daily and don't mind losing end up filling a lot of the slots in the other factions for better queue times, along with bots.

That's not to say they can't win - I've been in plenty of teams that weren't Maelstrom that have won.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hop in pvp with 3-4 friends and voice chat and you'll find it's suddenly a lot easier. this sounds obvious but like, so what.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

cheetah7071 posted:

I've been using one hair for so long that switching just makes it not feel like my character anymore

I switched my hair just before the expansion. Changed it back yesterday. It felt right. Like I wanted new hair to visit Not Japan, but now that it's old hat, I can return to form.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Leofish posted:

If you want to win at PvP just join Mael.

Done.

CYBEReris posted:

"Maelstrom is best" is a self-perpetuating idea that leads players who want to win to flock to them instead of the others. Freelancers who want to get their daily and don't mind losing end up filling a lot of the slots in the other factions for better queue times, along with bots.

That's not to say they can't win - I've been in plenty of teams that weren't Maelstrom that have won.

Every time I join the Flames, though, it always ends poorly!

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I've won as flames or adders, never gotten maelstrom as a freelancer though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i just tried to pentameld a horn fishing rod (level 37)

send help

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You're crazy and rich to pentameld levelling gear.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ChaseSP posted:

You're crazy and rich to pentameld levelling gear.

Considering you're only using materia II's, you're probably not spending more than, like, 20-30k pentamelding, depending on your luck and the server's economy. I could probably get several hundred of them just by burning old Oaknots I've got laying around.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I remember back when melding needed carbonized matter and required clicking through the menu again each time you fail. Blowing up 7 digits worth of gil in 10 seconds is a luxury that wasn't even possible back in 2.x

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
that drk 70 quest :hmmyes:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Give me the pumpkin spice lattes and nobody gets hurt
https://i.imgur.com/ez3Pmbj.jpg

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Algid posted:

I remember back when melding needed carbonized matter and required clicking through the menu again each time you fail. Blowing up 7 digits worth of gil in 10 seconds is a luxury that wasn't even possible back in 2.x

Wasn't the item also destroyed if you failed to overmeld? Or was that a 1.0 thing?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Wacky Delly posted:

She looks like she's not wearing any pants.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Wacky Delly posted:

cmon they just released a white girl jacket and uggs youre really behind the curve here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On PlayStation 4, how do I log into a different account? I created a trial account for my wife, she wants to play on PS4, while I play on PC. The PS4 client though seems to only let me enter the login details of my account even after I delete the save data from my system.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

I said come in! posted:

On PlayStation 4, how do I log into a different account? I created a trial account for my wife, she wants to play on PS4, while I play on PC. The PS4 client though seems to only let me enter the login details of my account even after I delete the save data from my system.

FF14 Accounts are tied to PSNs so you need to have to have her make a new PSN account

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

FF14 Accounts are tied to PSNs so you need to have to have her make a new PSN account

I'll just have the wife play on my PC and i'll play on PS4. The PC controls will likely be easier to understand. She is not at all a gamer, would appreciate playing a game with me and giving it a chance. This will be her first modern video game.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

I said come in! posted:

I'll just have the wife play on my PC and i'll play on PS4. The PC controls will likely be easier to understand. She is not at all a gamer, would appreciate playing a game with me and giving it a chance. This will be her first modern video game.

As a M+KB user, I am often made to understand that the game is actually optimized for Controller support.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groggy nard posted:

As a M+KB user, I am often made to understand that the game is actually optimized for Controller support.

I personally struggle to play the game on a controller, while finding the keyboard/mouse controls much easier. At least we won't have to chat in-game since we'll be in the same room.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just did Susanoo as part of the MSQ, and I feel like they upped the complexity/difficulty of the base-level bosses for Stormblood. Was a fun fight! What exactly does the tank who catches the sword have to do? I read online that they have a QTE or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

So I just did Susanoo as part of the MSQ, and I feel like they upped the complexity/difficulty of the base-level bosses for Stormblood. Was a fun fight! What exactly does the tank who catches the sword have to do? I read online that they have a QTE or something.

They mash buttons.

RedRaven
Sep 11, 2001

He's going to SHOCK the world!

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like they upped the complexity/difficulty of the base-level bosses for Stormblood.

Please look forward to the level 70 MSQ base-level boss.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

So I just did Susanoo as part of the MSQ, and I feel like they upped the complexity/difficulty of the base-level bosses for Stormblood.

Susano sure is a step up from Ifrit and Ravana normal, that's for sure.

It would be a shame if the next boss was a wimp. :v:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

I personally struggle to play the game on a controller, while finding the keyboard/mouse controls much easier. At least we won't have to chat in-game since we'll be in the same room.

Regardless of which platform you or your wife decides to finalize on, the PC version of FFXIV can also use a controller plugged in or over Bluetooth. DS4s can also be used on PC, it's what I use for platformers even though I don't own a PS4.

Also, you can plug a keyboard and mouse into the PS4, and I believe that still works completely kosher as well.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Next time do Susano with a healer friend and take one of the swords yourself. MNK blocks it with their fists :black101:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The end of Stormblood is gonna be a fun time for you.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Next time do Susano with a healer friend and take one of the swords yourself. MNK blocks it with their fists :black101:

First time I did Susano it was as a healer and when it came for the Revengeance moment none of the tanks did the thing. And I was like there is a thing here to click and no one is clicking it, so I blocked the sword with my Duel Disc (tm) system.

We wiped.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fire whoever designed that Astrolobe. KaibaCorp products should not bend that easily.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Every time I join the Flames, though, it always ends poorly!
Been doing my daily frontline roulette for about a week now, and every match but one has gone exactly the same way. Maelstrom takes an early lead, the Adders poo poo their pants, and the Flames get pounded from both sides because the other two have some kind of shady cease-fire agreement. Why isn't Rival Wings in the roulette again? It's not exactly great, but at least it's only a two-team affair.

I still have so, so many dailies to go in order to buy both hairstyles, the mount, the music....

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Been doing frontlines since ARR and there was PvP level. Maelstrom has always done better and flames have always pretty much just worked to throw the game somehow. What happens nearly every time is that the flames will either get jumped by one of the teams or pick a fight with one of the teams, and whichever team this is they are now honor-bound to spend the rest of the match grudge-matching with no matter what.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm on the flames and I don't think I've ever won frontlines.

But I joined the flames to become Raubahn's husbandfu and by golly I will never betray him like that.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Renegret posted:

I'm on the flames and I don't think I've ever won frontlines.

But I joined the flames to become Raubahn's husbandfu and by golly I will never betray him like that.

And now all the Flames have left is his small potato son. Desertion must be set at an all time high.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I won 4 times this week, twice on flames and twice on adders, never got maelstrom as freelancer.

Long as your group mostly stays together as a murderball and does objectives instead of pointlessly fighting you'll have a good chance of winning. Getting that group is mostly random though.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Mael has the ability to have all 24 members of their alliance at every node and at their base at all times and also they never take damage.

I still put Garo on as a title while I lose my way to haircuts and mounts but I've long since accepted that I won't actually get the wins I need for the horses. I'm just bad at PvP. :v:

I got a pissy holier-than-thou tank in o10n today. We wiped a couple of times to exaflares and he and another healer were begging for a kick so they didn't have to wait to requeue. The other tank pulled the third time and those two just stood there until wipe #3 and the abandon went through. First time I've encountered a prima donna like that. Managed to beat the fight on the next go around. The non-dickish healer from the first group was in my second group so I gave him the com.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Cabbit posted:

And now all the Flames have left is his small potato son. Desertion must be set at an all time high.

Pippin is actually really cool, and Nanamo is still the only of the GC leaders to be doing anything. Also the Flame Lieutenant Helmet is way cooler than anything the other two factions get. :colbert:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

A mere glimpse of Potato Fabio's luscious locks inspires eternal loyalty.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rainuwastaken posted:

Pippin is actually really cool, and Nanamo is still the only of the GC leaders to be doing anything. Also the Flame Lieutenant Helmet is way cooler than anything the other two factions get. :colbert:

The elder seedseer is working her butt off to the point where her and Nanamo are known as folk heroes.

It's really just the admiral who is slacking.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
In my experience the 'please kick me' tank is super rare but I always tell them to either eat the penalty or keep playing because gently caress em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Leofish posted:

We wiped a couple of times to exaflares
Should have just abandoned tbh