Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I don't like Republicans and my personal political beliefs do not lean at all towards the right but maybe "actually my political beliefs are objectively correct and good and my opponents are objectively bad" is a take that should be evaluated more

SpaceViking posted:

A Legal Advice interlude:

(WA) Neighbors ramming car to squeeze in parking

Piss in their gas tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Piell posted:

That's basically the Republican party platform, bucko

Okay, but most of the people who show up in the stories in this thread get hosed by the republican party as hard as any democrat does. They're not the ones voting on legislature and most of them probably don't even KNOW who their legislators are or what they voted on. They're like the people living everywhere who root for their state school's football team despite never had attended that school. They don't really have a stake, don't really know what they're supporting, they just want to be part of a crowd.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blade Runner posted:

I don't like Republicans and my personal political beliefs do not lean at all towards the right but maybe "actually my political beliefs are objectively correct and good and my opponents are objectively bad" is a take that should be evaluated more

Maybe the truth is in the middle

I want gays to live you don’t, who knows who is right.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe the truth is in the middle

I want gays to live you don’t, who knows who is right.

I'm gay, so story checks out

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lmao at anyone who defends republicans in 2018.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Elderbean posted:

Lmao at anyone who defends republicans in 2018.

deeeeecooruuummmm let's work across the aisle i am a ghost

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

SpaceViking posted:

I... what? What weenie sees his neighbor literally ram his car and goes “hey guys, please don’t do that anymore”?????

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blade Runner posted:

bigotry is an objectively bad political belief, i'm not gonna second guess that just because bigotry is all modern republicans have these days

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

areyoucontagious posted:

I... what? What weenie sees his neighbor literally ram his car and goes “hey guys, please don’t do that anymore”?????

you'd get loving stabbed in Boston for doing that

I don't advocate stabbing, but yeah, you'd get loving stabbed.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Threesome [26M] [24F] [23F] gone wrong, help me understand what i should do.

GF here sounds like the most exhausting person. She told them to gently caress the first time, and somehow he's at fault? Then she instigates it again, and breaks down? Polyamory is a hell of a drug.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Brother Entropy posted:

bigotry is an objectively bad political belief, i'm not gonna second guess that just because bigotry is all modern republicans have these days

but don’t you see there are good people on both sides

for example I met a neo Nazi the other day that was very polite to me and even let me borrow his song of the south dvd

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
I moved to Puerto Rico a little while ago and let me tell you about politics not matteri

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
oops the electricity died good thing I have a backup generator *asks family to show up to vote since doing that here isn't a thing*

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

SpaceViking posted:

There's some cameras peeking out the apartment building across the street from mine. They're been there a while. I finally got the opportunity to ask the people in that apartment, hey, wtf is with those cameras? Turns out someone in my building has a kid who just learned to drive. But they're not the best driver, so they tend to rear end parked cars, get too close and scratch up cars, etc. The parents and the kid deny it, so the people got cameras to record the street, and their cars parked on the street.

In summary: get cameras, threaten to sue, hope the car damagers aren't homocidal bostoners, smoke weed everyday.

I don't know why I'm giving advice like they can see it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Could we stop the politics chat and get back to trainwrecks, please?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

value-brand cereal posted:

hope the car damagers aren't homocidal bostoners

To be clear, I meant that ramming someone's car could get you stabbed. People get into fistfights over parking spots in this city.

Boston is not especially stabby in general despite that, but yeah who politely asks someone to please stop damaging their car? If they cares about the owner's thoughts on the matter, they wouldn't be ramming their way into a parking spot.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Khazar-khum posted:

gently caress yes!

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

FELD1 posted:

GF here sounds like the most exhausting person. She told them to gently caress the first time, and somehow he's at fault? Then she instigates it again, and breaks down? Polyamory is a hell of a drug.

Yeah... you'd think after the first time she might reevaluate her feelings and consider that the whole thing should just stay as a fantasy inside her head to get off to, rather than a relationship ruining reality.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Khazar-khum posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Train-Wrecks...DSWL&ref=plSrch

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Xik posted:

Yeah... you'd think after the first time she might reevaluate her feelings and consider that the whole thing should just stay as a fantasy inside her head to get off to, rather than a relationship ruining reality.
She's not very smart. Especially since she told them to keep loving as she went to the bathroom to sob about them loving. He's dumb for doing it again after she melted down the first time. The friend is REALLY dumb for getting mixed up in it.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

who politely asks someone to please stop damaging their car?

Someone who lives in Seattle.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Taima posted:

I hate this emote. It seems inherently sarcastic but half the time people mean it seriously. For that reason it is impossible to understand the intent behind it. You could be saying “that’s stupid” or “that’s right” or anything in between.

You probably mean it sarcastically here given that salty josh is terrible, but still.

I'm happy to clarify that it was incredibly loving stupid

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blade Runner posted:

It is a fantasy really only perpetuated in extremely online "resist" places that all that many people are breaking up over politics in 2018

Like I live in loving NYC and that hasn't been my experience, most people just don't care as long as you're pretty and don't hit them

i'd say a solid half of the women on tinder where i live have some sort of variation of "swipe left if you like trump" on their profiles :shrug:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

i'd say a solid half of the women on tinder where i live have some sort of variation of "swipe left if you like trump" on their profiles :shrug:

The secret is to objectify them in a way that they find acceptable.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Acres of Quakers posted:

Okay, but most of the people who show up in the stories in this thread get hosed by the republican party as hard as any democrat does. They're not the ones voting on legislature and most of them probably don't even KNOW who their legislators are or what they voted on. They're like the people living everywhere who root for their state school's football team despite never had attended that school. They don't really have a stake, don't really know what they're supporting, they just want to be part of a crowd.

:hmmyes:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blade Runner posted:

Piss in their gas tank

as a reminder, the overton window has shifted so hard to the right, things like "we shouldn't have concentration camps" and "sexual assault should be a disqualifying offense" are now political beliefs

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Blade Runner posted:

Piss in their gas tank

So you're not a fascist, congratulations! You are a complete unprincipled moron, though.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Salty Josh posted:

The secret is to objectify them in a way that they find acceptable.
Consensual, one might say :thunk:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

Consensual, one might say :thunk:

That's a new one for me.

You learn something every day.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Weirdly I do enjoy it when a partner tells me about my tits and I do not enjoy it when a stranger on the street does the same. Chicks are baffling like that, bro

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost
Weirdly I do enjoy it when my partner calls me her boyfriend.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Sorry I think you're supposed to say that in all caps.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

Weirdly I do enjoy it when a partner tells me about my tits and I do not enjoy it when a stranger on the street does the same. Chicks are baffling like that, bro

Abject Xenophobia

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

Sorry I think you're supposed to say that in all caps.

Ah my mistake.

You gotta understand, I'm a knuckle dragger that's been introduced to civilized society. Grammar and nuance totally escape me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I doubt anybody is going to be calling me HER BOYFRIEND anytime soon.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I doubt anybody is going to be calling me HER BOYFRIEND anytime soon.

Sorry man

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Blade Runner, you're talking about NYU students, we all know they're bougie trash anyway. Hang out in the boroughs more, Manhattan is for scrubs, you may as well be comparing poo poo to Disneyland.

Elmhurst, Queens is one of the most diverse zip codes in the world. There's a reason they elected Ocasio-Cortez and it's because they're sick of the rich people poo poo mucking up the actual political needs. I mean, the NY govt can't even agree on who has to pay to maintain the MTA, and upstaters are such shitheads, they'll suck up all that sweet NYC tourist tax money to the state but they don't wanna pay back in.

You may have lived there your whole life but you sound like you've managed to keep your community constrained to People Very Much Like You.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 9, 2018

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:chloe: to this whole gol-darn thread

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Actually if I had a girlfriend who was an evil mastermind I could be Herr Doctor Boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Actually if I had a girlfriend who was an evil mastermind I could be Herr Doctor Boyfriend.

Do you have an extremely high pitched voice and a rented gimmick and costume?