Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

And yet not once do the crew of the Enterprise mention Thor, an actual god, being on Earth in the early 21st century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cythereal posted:

In Mass Effect: Andromeda, you can get a scale model of the SpaceX rocket for your bedroom display along with models of starships and the space shuttle and whatnot. :v:
Yes and that is what killed the ME franchise

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
What episode of TNG should I watch this not at work afternoon (not Darmok I've seen it too many times)?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

Plus he's got boneitis

"My only regret is...

... that I have...

... boneitis!"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

lol but seriously I posted:

What episode of TNG should I watch this not at work afternoon (not Darmok I've seen it too many times)?

Devil's Due. Great episode but doesn't make any top ten lists so you probably haven't watched it recently

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

The Defector. I can listen to picard call him a traitor all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRqRbiyGlp8

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

cheetah7071 posted:

Devil's Due. Great episode but doesn't make any top ten lists so you probably haven't watched it recently

brett spinermdoing *acting*
*dramatic zoom to the picard*
the actual devil in trek again!
Troi reaction shot
Picard dgaf he'll beam down (also Troi come too)
Oh good it is the sexy devil
Who immediately starts hitting on picard
Picard is going to totally rules lawyer her
"a flim flam artist"
Troi is as useless as ever
Worf gets bitched out for the nth time
oh good it is the sexy devil
Who immediately starts hitting on picard again
lol slut shaming picard
Awkward trip home with your bestie after an unsuccessful sexual liaison I've been there
Enterprise has gone missing
Of course the ultimate prize is boning down with picard
law & order star trek victim's unit
oh god geordie why do i hate you so much?
Picard is totally rules lawyering her
Picard has a cunning plan
Picard has totally rules lawyered her

8/10 good recommendation

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

In Mass Effect: Andromeda, you can get a scale model of the SpaceX rocket for your bedroom display along with models of starships and the space shuttle and whatnot. :v:

I think thats ok because it's celebrating the technical achievement and what it means rather than just name dropping the CEO

I'm being a fickle little poo poo I know

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Pick posted:

That dude becomes an ambassador in beta canon so actually his skills, like all persons in finance, are respected and valued, suckaaaaa!

Two better stories:

1) Mr. Frozen encounters Federation luxury gay space communism, has a psychotic break, and winds up being the Federation's only living example of neuroses caused by capitalism. We follow the ENTIRE breakdown and it. is. HILARIOUS.

2) Mr. Frozen starts to gather followers on Earth to form a company selling Some Thing, which alarms Starfleet. Officers are deployed to infiltrate the company, who then find out that 20th Century capitalism is actually a semi-sentient memetic entity who survived in the mind of Mr. Frozen, and now has a fertile breeding and feeding ground in the minds of Federation citizens. Starfleet intervenes and it. is. HILARIOUS.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

This was our first clue to his true origins.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

gently caress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The villain of Venom is basically Elon Musk.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Geekboy posted:

This was our first clue to his true origins.

Elon Musk becoming a Great Man and a Pioneer of the Space Age was the jumping off point for the divergence of the Mirror Universe timeline.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tighclops posted:

it's because a rich guy paid a bunch of people to finally make them instead of continuing to grift world governments out of billions of dollars for more expendable rockets like the weapons manufacturers that built the shuttle and now the SLS would have

And the only reason that happened is because the Russians demanded one too many bribes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The villain of Venom is basically Elon Musk.

A slightly more competent version interested in life sciences instead of physics poo poo but yeah basically

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

lol but seriously I posted:

brett spinermdoing *acting*
*dramatic zoom to the picard*
the actual devil in trek again!
Troi reaction shot
Picard dgaf he'll beam down (also Troi come too)
Oh good it is the sexy devil
Who immediately starts hitting on picard
"a flim flam artist"
Troi is as useless as ever
Worf gets bitched out for the nth time
oh good it is the sexy devil
Who immediately starts hitting on picard again
lol slut shaming picard
Awkward trip home with your bestie after an unsuccessful sexual liaison I've been there
Enterprise has gone missing
Of course the ultimate prize is boning down with picard
law & order star trek victim's unit
oh god geordie why do i hate you so much?
Picard is totally rules lawyering her
Picard has a cunning plan
Picard has totally rules lawyered her

8/10 good recommendation

Are you off work today too? Because I'm liking this liveposting and i want more

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The bit that always gets me about Devil's Due is that apparently nobody on the Enterprise notices that someone's driven up and put a cloak around them. Or wonders why the captain was on his way back up in a shuttle and then never showed up. No wonder they didn't get Worf back for the E.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 9, 2018

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

MikeJF posted:

The bit that always gets me about Devil's Due is that apparently nobody on the Enterprise notices that someone's driven up and put a cloak around them. Or wonders why the captain was on his way back up in a shuttle and then never showed up. No wonder they didn't get Worf back for the E.

Tbf she might have interfered with the sensors.... she seems to be able to interfere with everything else on the ship

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

mycomancy posted:

Two better stories:

1) Mr. Frozen encounters Federation luxury gay space communism, has a psychotic break, and winds up being the Federation's only living example of neuroses caused by capitalism. We follow the ENTIRE breakdown and it. is. HILARIOUS.

2) Mr. Frozen starts to gather followers on Earth to form a company selling Some Thing, which alarms Starfleet. Officers are deployed to infiltrate the company, who then find out that 20th Century capitalism is actually a semi-sentient memetic entity who survived in the mind of Mr. Frozen, and now has a fertile breeding and feeding ground in the minds of Federation citizens. Starfleet intervenes and it. is. HILARIOUS.

3) Mr. Frozen becomes the new ship counselor after telling Picard that the Romulans have no idea what's going on and calls them out on their bullshit far more effectively than Troi would've done.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Had a couple of old unpainted models lying around forever. Maybe twenty years or more. Just lying around gathering dust. Decided to actually do something with them.

BAM! A bit of gold spraypaint and you've got super classy looking ship models! Just like Picard had!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Phylodox posted:

Had a couple of old unpainted models lying around forever. Maybe twenty years or more. Just lying around gathering dust. Decided to actually do something with them.

BAM! A bit of gold spraypaint and you've got super classy looking ship models! Just like Picard had!

Before the oaf broke his little ships

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

"You broke your little ships..."

"Shut up! I can replicate more! I'll replicate YOU! I'LL REPLICATE EVERYTHING! "

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"You have to stop this, Captain."

Picard held up his tiny Troi. "But you're here too, Deanna! Can't you see? We're all here! And we never die. In my little Enterprise, no one dies. There are no Borg. There is no pain. ". He gingerly placed tiny Troi on the miniature bridge. "There now, what do you think?"

"I think it's just fine, Captain." Said Tiny Troi.

"Just fine," nodded the Captain, content.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We cannot let the Sona remove the Baku! The Baku have agreed to let my doggo live with them!

Captain, what is a doggo?

A doggo is a big ole pupper, Mr Data.

Pupper?

A pupper is a tiny little doggo.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Smoke comically spews out of Data's ears.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"computer, increase size by 300%"

BLA-DEEP

*Grins warmly* "Absolute unit"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Geordi, what is this emotion?

That's awe, Data, awe at the sheer size of that lad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Geordi, why is this young man turning around to stare at this other woman? It appears to be causing distress in his current mate. She has a look of what could only be described as disgust on her face.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Riker: [staring at viewscreen] computer, link to series pls?

Computer: unable to comply. Sauce unknown.

Riker: computer reverse image search

Computer: best suggestion is "raw chicken"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Welcome to our elite team of dorks, Phylodox :c00l:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually want to draw some more of the alien redesigns too but I really haven't had time :qq:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Data: Captain, what is the purpose of what that man is doing to his anus?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pull up those pants ya whippersnapper! :corsair:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The Sound of Her Voice’s working title was THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pick posted:

I actually want to draw some more of the alien redesigns too but I really haven't had time :qq:

Us talentless hacks need to see you and Phlyodox in a doodle duel for our entertainment.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Kibayasu posted:

Us talentless hacks need to see you and Phlyodox in a doodle duel for our entertainment.

A deudle?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

CPColin posted:

Data: Captain, what is the purpose of what that man is doing to his anus?

"He's attempting to create a stable artificial wormhole, Data."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I want to do some doodles but I have no scanner, so you'd have to enjoy lovely phone shots of drawings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brawnfire posted:

I want to do some doodles but I have no scanner, so you'd have to enjoy lovely phone shots of drawings

Make it so