Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustang posted:

You can't get more than 2 levels higher than anything, the whole game scales up to you and there's no way to turn that off.

Do people like this stuff? Aggressive scaling makes me feel like I'm never getting any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh good.

Fallom posted:

Do people like this stuff? Aggressive scaling makes me feel like I'm never getting any better.

At least in this game, it's not bad. I'm playing on Hard and stuff that's -2 levels will still loving murder me if I screw up enough. +2 stuff requires me to pull off some really sick combos otherwise I'm going to be hurting bad.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I do, if poo poo stayed the same level and you one shot everything that's pretty boring. It would also mean you outlevelled a good portion of the map because like a third of the map starts out at like lvl 16.

As you level up you also get better gear and more abilities plus 2 levels lower than you is still a pretty big difference from fighting stuff that's the same level as you.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mustang posted:

I just found a really horny old lady and helped her make a sex potion for her low libido husband by getting her a deer scrotum and some bear tongues.

Forgot which thread this tab was and :stare:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

Forgot which thread this tab was and :stare:

:same:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I have high hopes for RDR2, but I came in with low expectations for Odyssey and have been really surprised.

I really like we're ubisoft is going with this series. Wait - did I just compliment ubisoft.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I progressed enough to upgrade my abilities now. Now I can break tower shields :getin:

I am loving awful at ship combat.

I switched from using a spear to using a 2h axe, with the spear on reserve. Hits like a goddamn freight train and still has the reach of the spear, almost. It is however really bad at fighting fast things.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

I progressed enough to upgrade my abilities now. Now I can break tower shields :getin:

I switched from using a spear to using a 2h axe, with the spear on reserve. Hits like a goddamn freight train and still has the reach of the spear, almost. It is however really bad at fighting fast things.

I do spear, sword because of loving leopards.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
dumb short vids from the 'nam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjdcFn9Yik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd7vSM0DkfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Ii9HJqYt4

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The Pooki video is funny.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i think it says a lot about what video games have done to the concept of violence when i'll murderface six or seven dudes in a camp and then try my hardest to not kill a mercenaries' doggo :(

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Can you pet dogs in Odyssey?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

i think it says a lot about what video games have done to the concept of violence when i'll murderface six or seven dudes in a camp and then try my hardest to not kill a mercenaries' doggo :(

been that way for me since wolf3d

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Hold the phone. Now give the phone to me. Am I to infer that one of those Assassin's Creed games is now set in ancient Greece and there is real live AGE OF OARS NAVAL COMBAT?

gently caress, now I have to buy it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That first assassin's creed game that had the boats was such a good time blasting ships they might as well have called it GTA: high seas edition

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It has boats and you can upgrade all the parts of the boat. And you can capture mercenaries (think 80% of Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system) and they can be hired to crew your boat, giving it different bonuses. And you can swim to shipwrecks underwater and get cosmetics for your boat, like what your crew looks like or what masthead you have on the ship.

Game is real good yo.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Yeah but can you pet the dogs

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Syrian Lannister posted:

This is what really matters.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Syrian Lannister posted:

You could in Origins. Hell, its been in since 3 I think.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you can, I don't know how :(

There's a loading screen tip that says if you stand next to them for long enough. Maybe next time I should try it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Embargo is lifted on Fallout 76.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cF5Z45GuLY

It's not looking good. And Bethesda is starting the public beta a few days after Red Dead Redemption 2 drops, and will only be active a few hours a day to stress test it. Good luck retaining people testing your jank for free, especially considering RDR2 is shaping up to be more of an RPG than Fallout 76.

And big good luck to folks that didn't preorder for beta access, as progress in the beta carries over when the game releases.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No NPCs is a dumb idea

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Vasudus posted:

If you can, I don't know how :(

There's a loading screen tip that says if you stand next to them for long enough. Maybe next time I should try it.

Found it

https://twinfinite.net/2018/10/assassins-creed-odyssey-pet-animals-how/

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EBB posted:

No NPCs is a dumb idea

Sorry EBB games are services now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well bless my waning interest, then

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That fallout 76 video looked thoroughly uninteresting.

Good to say the shitastic melee combat hasn't changed a lick

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I lost interest with it being online only.

With shift work and other obligations I honestly don’t have the time to play, nor do I want to interview w a clan to watch my stuff get blown up.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Embargo is lifted on Fallout 76.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cF5Z45GuLY

It's not looking good. And Bethesda is starting the public beta a few days after Red Dead Redemption 2 drops, and will only be active a few hours a day to stress test it. Good luck retaining people testing your jank for free, especially considering RDR2 is shaping up to be more of an RPG than Fallout 76.

And big good luck to folks that didn't preorder for beta access, as progress in the beta carries over when the game releases.

That just looks like a regular Fallout game. Why did they make such a big deal out of stripping out the story and NPCs?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fallom posted:

That just looks like a regular Fallout game. Why did they make such a big deal out of stripping out the story and NPCs?

Because that is what FO IS.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
MGS2 and MGS3 HD are coming together Xbox One backwards compatibility today. Guess I'll have to play through them again!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Alcibiades is such a loving weirdo in Odyssey.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

He was a complete weirdo IRL IIRC; a business law teacher opened his first class by telling us all about him and he sounded like an actual real life Greek Flashman.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

MGS2 and MGS3 HD are coming together Xbox One backwards compatibility today. Guess I'll have to play through them again!

are they updating the control scheme?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The Rat posted:

He was a complete weirdo IRL IIRC; a business law teacher opened his first class by telling us all about him and he sounded like an actual real life Greek Flashman.

I read a biography about him like 10 years ago, he definitely came across as quite the character. Honestly surprised he lived as long and accomplished as much as he did, he was an expert at getting on peoples poo poo lists in a world where that would frequently get you killed.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Odyssey is probably going to be the first game I try and 100% since uh...MGSV?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

Odyssey is probably going to be the first game I try and 100% since uh...MGSV?

Spider-Man was the first game since Arkham Asylum that I cleared 100%

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
HZD is the only game I've ever done that on.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag and Far Cry: Primal are the only two games I’ve ever 100%ed.

The one where you play a pirate and the one where you play a caveman who solves all of life’s problem with SPEAR TO FACE.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

FrozenVent posted:

Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag and Far Cry: Primal are the only two games I’ve ever 100%ed.

The one where you play a pirate and the one where you play a caveman who solves all of life’s problem with SPEAR TO FACE.

Primal had no business being as good as it was. Far Cry 5 being such a massive flop after the fact makes even less sense.

Also spears were fun but I was pretty fond of the rock and sling. Slapping some dude in the face with that as he runs full tilt at me and just crumples never got old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I just loved how at higher levels, you could solve anything with a spear to the face.

“I have a devious plan to take over your tribe!”
*spear to the face*
“I have kidnapped your sister!”
*spear to the face*
“Brave warrior, you must defeat this ancient saber tooth - you get the idea.

The sling was cool, but that game was about the spear. To the face.