Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

tenderjerk posted:

how do you make exercise not boring af

I do resistance band exercises every night in front of my pregnant wife who laughs at me and tells me the baby will still beat me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

oh my loving god

https://twitter.com/samknight_one/status/1049625602641326086?s=21

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hahahahahaha

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

If only someone on Obama's cabinet had told him that.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

shovelbum posted:

Why is this such a big hot button for people, it's in the single digits of emissions as-is and a large amount of that is from shipping fossil fuels. It's hugely efficient, crucial to any kind of global technological response, and a lot harder to de-carbonize than stuff that doesn't stray thousands of miles from the nearest electrical grid.

i think it's things like this

ShriekingMarxist posted:

One cargo ship produces the annual carbon of 50 million automobiles. And we're constantly sending products on vacations around the globe to be assembled in stages and exported for more money.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Max Boot: I just thought being conservative was normal

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Al! posted:

tacodaemon please tell me the little mermaid is real at least

it's from the same Hans Christian Andersen book from 1837 as the Emperor's New Clothes

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

tenderjerk posted:

watch anime while u do it

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDfrrgqy_Eo

good workout jam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tacodaemon posted:

it's from the same Hans Christian Andersen book from 1837 as the Emperor's New Clothes

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

find a routine that is about 45 minutes a pop, 3-4x a week and keep rest between sets short, stick to the fundamental big lifts and then if ur feelin froggy do accessory work, either after the main session or on a day off

nobody on earth and in all of history has done a tabata and believed it was boring so don't worry about that bit, it's 4 minutes and you'll be utterly and absolutely destroyed by the end

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

https://twitter.com/jacobsoboroff/status/1049670459577552901

lol

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

tenderjerk posted:

ride a bike everywhere. youll be too busy trying not to get roadkilled by cars to notice youre exercising

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

As a Floridian I'm always thinking about how this state could bring in tons of researchers and Grant money for climate change mitigation science because it's a) a flashpoint for environmental upheaval and therefore an ideal proving ground b) not Mississippi c) not Louisiana

Instead we have climate denial as a state policy

The funny thing is that even in spite of the State Gov't being in full climate denial mode, most, if not all, of the publicly funded universities are relatively cutting edge in regards to science and engineering regarding the mitigation of the effects of climate change. The Fed government has a lot of stuff in Florida that would likely end up seeing use in other states regarding future climatological effects (only modified based on regional soil and climate variances).

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Buy some sort of rig that holds your phone in front of your face while you work out so you can just have it scroll through random poo poo to entertain you

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

conservatism is an intellectually rigorous ideology

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

why doesn't anyone want to vote for carbon copy democrats who think the concept of "maybe people should have healthcare" is an extremist position

it's the children who are wrong

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

tenderjerk posted:

buy a 3ds and a bunch of jrpgs and sit on an exercise bike for an hour a day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/leakiestfaucet/status/1049287617055940610

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Epic High Five posted:

I'm happy to answer any powerlifting questions people have but I'm hardly a fitness expert or anything. If you need cardio or whatever do HIIT, if you need cardio and ur brain is lovely and destroyed go jogging, otherwise just do 5/3/1 or 5x5 or smtg

there, thread

Best approach to being an exercise C-SPAMmer is to be a baseball poster also. Two points define a line, bing bong, so simple.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

wow holy poo poo you guys this guy we support I read what he said and

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MysteriousStranger posted:

If only someone on Obama's cabinet had told him that.

they did, they stepped down after he decided to reason with them

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tentatively enjoying gnarlacious bros turn in the tentacles of the postin octopus

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

kaleedity posted:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/DavidYankovich/status/1049710139710803968

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Phone posted:

buy a 3ds and a bunch of jrpgs and sit on an exercise bike for an hour a day

I had a friend who did this and played Tetris and pedalled his rear end off and lost a ton of weight

He also generally hates video games so ymmv

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol Goldwater ran on segregation after the moon landing

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kaleedity posted:

more like dome cumsky

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

idk this is kinda like laughing at a fat guy exercising

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1049650695081734146

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

shovelbum posted:

hows china on climate, they need to secure the existence of their people and a future for han children after all

The ground and water will be as poisonous as the First Emperor's tomb, but the skies will eventually be blue and clean.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
If EHF makes the healthy exercise C-SPAM thread I promise to post my crazy wrongbrain fitness poo poo in there too.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:yooge: I'm king of the world!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

tentatively enjoying gnarlacious bros turn in the tentacles of the postin octopus

I wonder who's next

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it’s max dipshit, don’t give him the benefit of the doubt

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

lol on msnbc they're arguing whether kanye is more qualified than ivanka

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I just don't really have much more to add to fitness chat than what I just put up there tbh, I'm not really that healthy nor is it like a big platform of my life and full disclosure, I've actually been quite bad about making it to the gym regularly ever since the election and I've been radicalizing more and more

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is pretty wild, this guy going full "im retarded?" then looking into a mirror

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

shovelbum posted:

hows china on climate, they need to secure the existence of their people and a future for han children after all

They're expanding their carbon tax nationwide

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jared got fatter.

its either gonna be ivanka or some thumbhead loyalist moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Pancakes posted:

If EHF makes the healthy exercise C-SPAM thread I promise to post my crazy wrongbrain fitness poo poo in there too.

its very important to twist a bunch in odd ways while lifting heavy weights in order to maximize tiny muscles you didn't know existed. This is the secret to a 6 pack

• Locked thread