Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Randaconda posted:

The weirdest thing about New Kids is that none of them went broke, crazy, died/committed suicide, or got in serious legal trouble.

Didn't Donnie Wahlberg start a fire in a Louisville motel after a drunken fight with his girlfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Didn't Donnie Wahlberg start a fire in a Louisville motel after a drunken fight with his girlfriend?

Well, poo poo. I stand corrected

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
And the only reason Donny isn't broke (anymore) is because of his brother.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I have literally never had a pizza I would describe as "horrible"*. Even those $1.00 single-serving gas-station-freezer-section pizzas would rate as "OK" from me.

Why yes, I am fat why do you ask.

*this obviously not including literally inedible poo poo like rotten or burnt stuff or pineapple or whatever

Imagined has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Oct 9, 2018

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The best pizza is that which is made by me. But the reward to effort ratio is too low so I only make a half dozen a year, and half of that is new year's eve.

I do love me some pizza slut though. Domino's, though it is generic assembly line pizza, I don't think its horrible.
Little Seizures isn't horrible either (IMHO) because its like fast and cheap.

As a Canuckistanian, I also like Pizza Pizza (Pizza 83 for you westerners) for some reason. I used to not like it much, but..... Did they change their crust or something? I remember several years ago it was awful, now its acceptable.

I can pile whatever the gently caress bullshit toppings on a pizza, but if the crust is no good, that'll pretty much break a pizza for me.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm waiting for the next popular food trend to be a batter-dipped, deep-fried, deep dish pizza.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm waiting for the next popular food trend to be a batter-dipped, deep-fried, deep dish pizza.

They have these in Scotland

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Imagined posted:

I have literally never had a pizza I would describe as "horrible"*. Even those $1.00 single-serving gas-station-freezer-section pizzas would rate as "OK" from me.

I have, and maybe it's just my local, but Pizza Hut was the last to give it to me. I don't even really eat at chains anymore since I was lucky enough to find a local gem called Pizza Chef only a couple of blocks down the road. It has the benefit of being close, and also of being the only non chain in the local area that doesn't do bad New York style.

poo poo, the only reason I did Pizza Hut recently was nostalgia over some book pizza and thinking how Stuffed crust was all the rage after that as well, and what I got was a soggy unpleasant mess.

remusclaw has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Oct 10, 2018

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I have basically gone off most pizza since I work at Domino's and eat it too much but I would like to clear up a few things:

1. 15 years ago when I worked there almost everything was canned or frozen, and nobody gave two shits about dating. Basically when something ran out on the makeline we just tossed another can in the same tub. It was gross.

2. Nowadays almost everything is fresh and shipped in produce boxes or bags. We spend hours every day preparing and dating the product into sterilized containers with lids and date the poo poo out of it. It's super thorough and we have surprise random inspections almost every month.

3. Our dough is brought in fresh twice a week and proofed in-store. The pan pizza and bread twists are handmade from this dough, not ever prepackaged or frozen.

4. We've had several people come over to work who have worked at other pizza places and former Hut workers say Pizza Hut does better prep (more sides and flavors etc.) and they prefer the taste but Domino's uses fresher stuff and care more about cleanliness. All our former Little Ceasar's people think Domino's is heaven.

It may not be your cup of tea, and that's fine, but it *is* way better quality than most people think.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Imagined posted:

They have these in Scotland

The most on-point set decoration in Avengers: Infinity War was an Edinburgh chippy with a sign saying "we will deep fry your kebab". Scotland will loving deep fry anything that fits into the fryer.

Ferrule posted:

And the only reason Donny isn't broke (anymore) is because of his brother.

The brother who went on a racist rampage in his teens, including blinding one Vietnamese dude. He was very briefly a NKOTB member so he had enough lovely actions by himself to make up for all the rest of them for a lifetime.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Parkingtigers posted:

The most on-point set decoration in Avengers: Infinity War was an Edinburgh chippy with a sign saying "we will deep fry your kebab". Scotland will loving deep fry anything that fits into the fryer.

So will the American county fair.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

wesleywillis posted:

pizza slut
Little Seizures
Canuckistanian

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Papa John’s (by “John” I mean a person who solicits prostitutes)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Papa's Johns

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I have always had the opinion that Papa Johns Pizza tastes like all of the ingredients, separate, but together. Like, the crust is bread, the toppings taste like the toppings should by themselves, the sauce like the sauce, but there is no cohesion, it looks like a pizza, but it tastes like its parts.

It isn't better, or even equal to the sum of it's parts, it is a math problem made of foodstuffs. It's bland I guess is what I am trying to say really longwindedly?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
We got bad service at a pizza hut when I was 4 and my mom boycotted them forever for it so I never actually had pizza hut parties growing up :smith:.

She's still boycotting them and at this point I don't think she even remembers why she's boycotting them.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
The only time I ever had Pizza Hut as a kid was for the Book It thing. Or if I was at a friend's house. I remember liking it though.

My family always got our pie from the local place. It was super thin crust and greasy as gently caress. The place was run by a Greek family that also owned the arcade/ pool hall next door. I had some good times in that arcade. The arcade closed long ago but the pizza shop is still there. The owners handed it down to their sons and I'm pleased to say that it's still the exact same thing greasy pizza as it was 25 years ago. I stop in for a slice every time Im near there.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
We had Pizza Inn, Shakey’s and Pizza Hut when I was a kid.

Pizza Inn and Shakey’s had a jukebox and Shakey’s had arcade machines. Sambo’s closed down and a Godfather’s moved in to their building

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I found out recently that Little Cesars is home of the Detroit style pizza. I had no idea Detroit even had a style!

I'll still eat it.

Original Little Caesar's pizza was way different (better) from what it is today (bullshit). When I was a kid in the '80s it was rectangular, cut into square pieces, and had a deep dish crust.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Laterite posted:

Original Little Caesar's pizza was way different (better) from what it is today (bullshit). When I was a kid in the '80s it was rectangular, cut into square pieces, and had a deep dish crust.

They were in alot of Kmarts too. I thought they went out of business totally until they started popping up in strip malls a few years ago. I think the Kmart pizza was better but I might be remembering it with kid tastebuds. Ceasers is great for kid parties when you need cheap trash food.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I remember getting little ceasers from the Kmart when we would visit my grandma. And getting SURGE at the drink fountain every time.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dixville posted:

. And getting SURGE at the drink fountain every time.

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Laterite posted:

I think that was just their "Bigfoot" that was deep dish and square (blasphemously) cut.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Iron Crowned posted:

I think that was just their "Bigfoot" that was deep dish and square (blasphemously) cut.

Oh wow, I'd forgotten all about the Bigfoot pizza :psyduck:.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Keith Atherton posted:

We had Pizza Inn, Shakey’s and Pizza Hut when I was a kid.

Pizza Inn and Shakey’s had a jukebox and Shakey’s had arcade machines. Sambo’s closed down and a Godfather’s moved in to their building

We had a Shakey's when I was kid. Loved those battered potatoes they called "Mojoes". The building where it was is a lovely biker bar now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEiPXAYE-U

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, I'd forgotten all about the Bigfoot pizza :psyduck:.

Its a good pizza it is.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/od0V3SF.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/khL2YTK.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/CnRTtxy.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/HNN0xM2.mp4

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I watched more of this growing up than I did Batman TAS.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Saw a guy in an All That hoodie today and I could appreciate that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

I watched more of this growing up than I did Batman TAS.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PREVIOUSLY...On X-men!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

PREVIOUSLY...On X-men!

Like I mentioned in the BSS chat thread the other day, I was recently re-reading some of the X-Men Episode Guide entries Chris Sims did for Comics Alliance a few years ago (and realising that he started them in 2013 was crazy to me because I remember following them weekly when they started) which you should check out if you have nostalgia for the show.

Also:

COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

PREVIOUSLY...On X-men!

Tutti Fruity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

Like I mentioned in the BSS chat thread the other day, I was recently re-reading some of the X-Men Episode Guide entries Chris Sims did for Comics Alliance a few years ago (and realising that he started them in 2013 was crazy to me because I remember following them weekly when they started) which you should check out if you have nostalgia for the show.

Also:

COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS COVERED WITH SCORPIONS

Yea those are great.

I was talking about Areosmith in the 80s thread, and it was really Livin' on the Edge that made them kings of 90s rock and your dads favorite band that he tries to act like it makes him cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

Then we had the Alicia Silverstone videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNmyxV2Ncw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNgbISmF4I

Cryin' followed by Crazy sounds like a bad band from a SNL skit would have. "Yea, are songs are cryin', crazy, creepin', crimpin' and crocheting"

And then they became your moms favorite band with I don't want to miss a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkK8g6FMEXE

Is something more cliche about big overwrought 90s videos than having the band preforming with an orchestra? It's almost as bad as a childrens or black choir.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Counterpoint: the orchestra showing up with Sisqo before the neon projectile titties is pretty awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FilthyImp posted:

Counterpoint: the orchestra showing up with Sisqo before the neon projectile titties is pretty awesome.

That gets a pass for being from 2000.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

Yea those are great.

I was talking about Areosmith in the 80s thread, and it was really Livin' on the Edge that made them kings of 90s rock and your dads favorite band that he tries to act like it makes him cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

Then we had the Alicia Silverstone videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNmyxV2Ncw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNgbISmF4I

Cryin' followed by Crazy sounds like a bad band from a SNL skit would have. "Yea, are songs are cryin', crazy, creepin', crimpin' and crocheting"

And then they became your moms favorite band with I don't want to miss a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkK8g6FMEXE

Is something more cliche about big overwrought 90s videos than having the band preforming with an orchestra? It's almost as bad as a childrens or black choir.

Woah now, November Rain had an orchestra, iirc, and both that song and video owned. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Therion owns, and I will not hear any trash talk about their orchestra.

On the other hand, Metallica's orchestral album S&M was downright terrible.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Iron Crowned posted:

Therion owns, and I will not hear any trash talk about their orchestra.

On the other hand, Metallica's orchestral album S&M was downright terrible.

They do, but they're also not "radio rock with orchestra" that they're referring to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Meat Loaf did a live album with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra where the music was fine but even in 2003 his voice was completely shot to poo poo or at least not helped by his tendency to do this kind of slurring bellow when he performs live (and it's only gotten worse).