Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Anyone else pop eye blood vessels when they max out deadlift singles?

Seems normal but I can't help wondering just a bit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Anyone else here go to an anytime fitness? Do they all have that overpowering... I don't want to say perfume scent but it's nose burningly strong.

Also the wifi here is worse than my 4G connection

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

naem
May 29, 2011

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i unironically love the fly machine. just work it into your chest routine and do drop sets or whatever

or just max the machine out and BEEF out

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 10, 2018

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fucken noice

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Garrand posted:

Anyone else here go to an anytime fitness? Do they all have that overpowering... I don't want to say perfume scent but it's nose burningly strong.

I get a membership as part of my job and I don’t use it often but the few times I’ve gone I haven’t noticed any scents. It’s a pretty new one though.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nice. Kinda reminds me of the railyard gym from Russia that see pop up from time to time in weightlifting articles.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Im curious about his diet was there an article?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
the concrete dumbbells are my favourite touch

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
But how will they microload?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Garrand posted:

They do seem to have a distinctive smell. Reminds of that weird chemical tang I noticed going into Office Max in the 90s.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

But how will they microload?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Fallows posted:

Im curious about his diet was there an article?

Lots of steroids.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

steroids rule and so does this thread. I tell myself to get beefy all the time in the gym

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Primitive Technology guy finally doing something useful.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

nooneofconsequence posted:

The Primitive Technology guy finally doing something useful.

I hate that idiot

If you’re so primitive how come you’re recording on a cellphone??? Fuken poser

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wow.

http://www.ergo-log.com/carb-binge-after-competition-paralyzes-bodybuilder.html

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Offseason Ronnie Coleman courtesy of Reddit

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nice dadbod Ronnie

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

MikeCrotch posted:

Offseason Ronnie Coleman courtesy of Reddit

how do i work out my internal organs to make them as large as this guy's?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Take your dosage of HGH as prescribed by your "Doctor".

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LordArgh posted:

how do i work out my internal organs to make them as large as this guy's?

salami and other various nitrate containing cold cuts

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

loving lol
I didn’t know much about this guy but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVCspMdX4os

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

loving lol
I didn’t know much about this guy but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVCspMdX4os

I remember when he bandied about his "Ice Cream Fitness" program which was just Stronglifts 5x5 with a bunch of accessories

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

I remember when he bandied about his "Ice Cream Fitness" program which was just Stronglifts 5x5 with a bunch of accessories

Lol I still have it bookmarked: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I have a pathetic amount of youtube channels I've used to troll him that he's banned. It just so fun :shobon:

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

Dum Cumpster posted:

I have a pathetic amount of youtube channels I've used to troll him that he's banned. It just so fun :shobon:

Like 5? Or 10 channels?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

what the gently caress are they eating??

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

what the gently caress are they eating??

HGH

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zev posted:

Like 5? Or 10 channels?

In that range, I don't keep a trophy wall or anything to know how many it was.

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
I think I need a sport. I keep falling off the wagon with my lifting. Part of me wants to be strong, but another part knows I just want it for vanity. Maybe if I had something to do with it, I would be more diligent with my training.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Most sports need muscle, so pick one.
But tbh if you can't hold down a regular schedule at the gym, you'll probably fall off the amateur sport wagon too.

Speaking of schedules, I'm thinking of changing mine to early morning gym. I gotta be at work at 0600 Monday through Friday, my gym is on the way to work and it opens at 4. So I could probably wake up at like 0350 and get an hour workout and a shower in before driving in to work (might be able to wake up later, we'll see).
All you early-rear end morning workout goons, how is it? Wondering if I'll want to kill myself (more than usual) or not.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It depends on if you're a person who can get out of bed and start doing something or one of those "give me 20 minutes to wake up" people.

There will be an initial drop in performance at first but you get used to it.

Fluids help. A big cup of coffee and a glass of water are a must.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

But tbh if you can't hold down a regular schedule at the gym, you'll probably fall off the amateur sport wagon too.

Speaking of schedules, I'm thinking of changing mine to early morning gym. I gotta be at work at 0600 Monday through Friday, my gym is on the way to work and it opens at 4. So I could probably wake up at like 0350 and get an hour workout and a shower in before driving in to work (might be able to wake up later, we'll see).
All you early-rear end morning workout goons, how is it? Wondering if I'll want to kill myself (more than usual) or not.

I do this and it kinda sucks.

You wouldn’t think getting up say an hour earlier would be that big of a deal but when it’s 3 something in the morning it starts to wear you down.

I’ve found that you definitely need to keep you sleep schedule on point. Like I have to be in bed by 8:30 ( I get up at 3:30) if I want to even remotely feel like I’ve gotten enough sleep.

The other issue I have is that you also have to make sure you can set an maintain a certain pace for your workouts because you are on a time clock which for me has led to missing things on my workout schedule because I was either dragging rear end that morning or something took longer then I thought.

But yeah if you can jump out of bed at 3:50 and hit the gym do it my job can be unpredictable so if I don’t go in the morning there is a chance I couldn’t go at night so mornings are a must.

Oh yeah and make sure your breakfast is on point lol I’m loving starving by the time I get to work at 0600.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

What the gently caress time zone are you guys in waking up at 3am

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

What time zone are you in that you don’t have to navigate 100s of life threatening scenarios a day on severe induced sleep depravation and uneccesary drugs with no help and then try to answer physics questions for people before you pass out from sheer exhaustion?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What time zone are you in that you don’t have to navigate 100s of life threatening scenarios a day on severe induced sleep depravation and uneccesary drugs with no help and then try to answer physics questions for people before you pass out from sheer exhaustion?
mountain daylight

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

But tbh if you can't hold down a regular schedule at the gym, you'll probably fall off the amateur sport wagon.

I was doing pretty good when I would alternate lifting and running, but then I did something to my hip running. It’s the days off that I think get me. If I had to do something physical every day I think I could keep going. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

What the gently caress do you do for work that you don't get in early and work your rear end off all day?

E: yeah I think I'll give the morning workout a try for a week or two. I do have a fairly physical job (it varies sometimes) so we'll see how I fare.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 14, 2018