Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What do Canibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers have to do with poly ticks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

They're in charge?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Londoners? No, they just think they are.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
everyone in that lol trump thread is very highly strung. you only have to post MAGA and point out that some of their more forced jokes are not actually funny to cause a multi-page meltdown

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fridge corn posted:

everyone in that lol trump thread is very highly strung. you only have to post MAGA and point out that some of their more forced jokes are not actually funny to cause a multi-page meltdown

YOU SHUT UP YOU SON OF A BITCH :hmbol: :hmbol: :hmbol: :hmbol: :hmbol:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fender Anarchist posted:

https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/1049976919524106240

And so an era of my life is well and truly filed away to the annals of history. Good loving riddance.

The saddest part about this is that I have never thought to call it Ayn Rand Appliance Thunderdome before now, when they're about to crater.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veiled boner fuel posted:

YOU SHUT UP YOU SON OF A BITCH :hmbol: :hmbol: :hmbol: :hmbol: :hmbol:

:maga:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Fender Anarchist posted:

https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/1049976919524106240

And so an era of my life is well and truly filed away to the annals of history. Good loving riddance.

Did you used to work there?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Huh, and I was about to buy a couple shares of Sears stock a couple weeks ago because it was so loving cheap and they were still trying to expand stores. Good thing that I didn't

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We found an incredible house but it only has a single car garage. How do people live like that?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

We found an incredible house but it only has a single car garage. How do people live like that?

you make your wife park outside while your project car ties up the garage for months without progress :v:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

BraveUlysses posted:

you make your wife park outside while your project car ties up the garage for months without progress :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

Don't you tempt me.

She sent me the listing and before I could respond about the single car she replied "It's on a half acre and there's plenty of room to have a garage built out back." It's also $70K less than the other house.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

$70k garage incoming then.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
It's worth a look. You give her the garage and spend the $70k savings on building a 3-4 car garage/shop in the back. And if it's that much cheaper you definitely have the down payment available.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

BraveUlysses posted:

Try having your dead s13 in your best friend's mom's 2 car garage forcing her boyfriend to park on the street. They would move it but the tires haven't had any air in them for at least 2 years and it's a hassle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilkhan posted:

It's worth a look. You give her the garage and spend the $70k savings on building a 3-4 car garage/shop in the back. And if it's that much cheaper you definitely have the down payment available.

I just scheduled a showing. It's also 7 minutes from my job! It's a bit older than the other house but it has more updates and loads of charm. I'm sure there's a deal breaker, it's in the vicinity of some neighborhoods that were constructed in an era of wooden foundations but that info isn't in the listing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I assume this one car garage place is old, but modern garages piss me off so much.
We bought a house a year ago and spent about a year shopping because we weren’t in a big hurry and we probably looked at 50 houses in person and hundreds online and a grand total of ONE had what I’d call a decent garage.

Everything 2000 or later here has a “three” car garage but they’re all 32x20 which means if you want to actually put three cars in it you can’t put anything else. And they’re not deep enough to fit a 1/2 ton truck in a reasonable fashion or a 3/4 ton truck at all.

All they’d have to do is make them 4’ deeper or 4’ wider and 2’ deeper and you’d really have something but for some reason every builder in Nevada has picked sizes that are very nearly useful but not quite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I assume this one car garage place is old, but modern garages piss me off so much.
We bought a house a year ago and spent about a year shopping because we weren�t in a big hurry and we probably looked at 50 houses in person and hundreds online and a grand total of ONE had what I�d call a decent garage.

Everything 2000 or later here has a �three� car garage but they�re all 32x20 which means if you want to actually put three cars in it you can�t put anything else. And they�re not deep enough to fit a 1/2 ton truck in a reasonable fashion or a 3/4 ton truck at all.

All they�d have to do is make them 4� deeper or 4� wider and 2� deeper and you�d really have something but for some reason every builder in Nevada has picked sizes that are very nearly useful but not quite.

Yeah it's about 20 years older than the first place we liked. That place had an insane garage but they refused to move on the price and there were just far too many things we'd want to change. This new listing has been fully updated but the garage dimensions are not listed. It has a 3/4 finished basement which is something I'd quietly filed away as "wow I want that" but doubted we'd find it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

BraveUlysses posted:

you make your wife park outside while your project car ties up the garage for months years without progress :v:

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
The three car garage I’m planning on building is 30x40... I think I have to call it a barn at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Modus Man posted:

The three car garage I�m planning on building is 30x40... I think I have to call it a barn at this point.

Realistically I don't need that much space. We just bounced the idea of widening the existing garage and extending it to double deep.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
With 12' ceilings, right?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I don't know which threads you're reading but the threads in c spam that I read democrats get poo poo on because they're not left enough, not because they're too left.

Maybe you can give some examples.

Please don't.

Rhyno posted:

Rhyno posted:

Don't you tempt me.

She sent me the listing and before I could respond about the single car she replied "It's on a half acre and there's plenty of room to have a garage built out back." It's also $70K less than the other house.

cakesmith handyman posted:

$70k garage incoming then.

This is the correct answer.
This is also why I've been looking (very casually) at listings with at least a half-acre. I need a 2-car garage to park the cars. I need the land to build a shop.

edit:

Fermented Tinal posted:

With 12' ceilings, right?

Yes.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

We bought a house a year ago and spent about a year shopping because we weren�t in a big hurry and we probably looked at 50 houses in person and hundreds online and a grand total of ONE had what I�d call a decent garage.

Everything 2000 or later here has a �three� car garage but they�re all 32x20 which means if you want to actually put three cars in it you can�t put anything else. And they�re not deep enough to fit a 1/2 ton truck in a reasonable fashion or a 3/4 ton truck at all.

All they�d have to do is make them 4� deeper or 4� wider and 2� deeper and you�d really have something but for some reason every builder in Nevada has picked sizes that are very nearly useful but not quite.
Agreed. If you are gonna call it a 3 car the bays should be big enough for anything you want to do. My parents' 3 car has space for 1. The main has shelving and tools on either side of the car and the 1 car door is all workbench and more tools.

Double deep seems like a good option.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 10, 2018

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Ugh. Forgot to post why I actually came into the thread!

My journey toward LASIK has taken a bit of a turn. Now I'm getting an implant in the left eye to go with the one in the right eye. I had cataract surgery years ago in my right eye. They corrected that one up to match the left eye for reasons (I assume) rather than just letting me wear one corrective lens. So now, while looking at getting LASIK on both, they noted that a cataract was starting in the left eye, and that if I got LASIK on that side, it would be negated by the cataract in a few years. So, we're going with the implant on the left, and later correcting the right to 20/20 with LASIK, and cleaning up some minor scarring from the implant at the same time. They'll also do any "tune up" on the new implant if needed. It works out to be about 1/3 more expensive than just the LASIK on both sides, since my insurance is poo poo and does not cover any hospitalization or surgeries (I have a supplemental policy for hospital stuff, but this is outpatient surgery.) My folks offered to pay for LASIK as a birthday/Christmas/whatever gift, and they're still on board with the slightly increased cost. Even if they weren't, I'd still get it. I've waited 40 years for this. I am damned tired of glasses all waking hours.
The costs have really come down. LASIK, at this upscale eyecare center, is $1750/eye. The cataract surgery is $2800 all in (anesthesia, after-care, etc.) plus $500 for the toric lens I'll need to correct additional astigmatism (was $1750, but my vision insurance actually proved useful here), so $3300.
Best part is that with the implants, I'm set for life. They won't age further like a natural lens would, so what I get, I've got until my eyes explode or something.

I'm pumped. Surgery is in 2 weeks, LASIK after the implant heals.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The house I grew up in spoiled me on garages, which makes sense since my parents had it custom built. It's what they'd call a 2.5 car now - long enough (barely!) for a GMT400 Suburban, wide enough for a workbench area that doesn't encroach on the parking bays at all, and an attached storage closet.

My current house is a modern 2 car, which means I barely have room for the C10 parked in the middle with storage / workbench on the three walls.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Darchangel posted:

Ugh. Forgot to post why I actually came into the thread!

My journey toward LASIK has taken a bit of a turn. Now I'm getting an implant in the left eye to go with the one in the right eye. I had cataract surgery years ago in my right eye. They corrected that one up to match the left eye for reasons (I assume) rather than just letting me wear one corrective lens. So now, while looking at getting LASIK on both, they noted that a cataract was starting in the left eye, and that if I got LASIK on that side, it would be negated by the cataract in a few years. So, we're going with the implant on the left, and later correcting the right to 20/20 with LASIK, and cleaning up some minor scarring from the implant at the same time. They'll also do any "tune up" on the new implant if needed. It works out to be about 1/3 more expensive than just the LASIK on both sides, since my insurance is poo poo and does not cover any hospitalization or surgeries (I have a supplemental policy for hospital stuff, but this is outpatient surgery.) My folks offered to pay for LASIK as a birthday/Christmas/whatever gift, and they're still on board with the slightly increased cost. Even if they weren't, I'd still get it. I've waited 40 years for this. I am damned tired of glasses all waking hours.
The costs have really come down. LASIK, at this upscale eyecare center, is $1750/eye. The cataract surgery is $2800 all in (anesthesia, after-care, etc.) plus $500 for the toric lens I'll need to correct additional astigmatism (was $1750, but my vision insurance actually proved useful here), so $3300.
Best part is that with the implants, I'm set for life. They won't age further like a natural lens would, so what I get, I've got until my eyes explode or something.

I'm pumped. Surgery is in 2 weeks, LASIK after the implant heals.

That's pretty exciting congrats!

My eyes are also terrible and I have an astigmatism. I was told by an eye doctor a few years ago that my eyes were 'just' bad enough that I wouldn't qualify for LASIK (I also couldn't afford it anyways).

I'll have to look into that though it seems promising.

I also just got a new pair of glasses yesterday after wearing the same hosed up pair for the past 4 years. Feels really good.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

ilkhan posted:

Agreed. If you are gonna call it a 3 car the bays should be big enough for anything you want to do. My parents' 3 car has space for 1. The main has shelving and tools on either side of the car and the 1 car door is all workbench and more tools.

Double deep seems like a good option.

Some friends of ours have a magnificent garage, for an in-town ~2K sq. ft. house. It's a 2-car garage, but it's as deep as the entire house, about 30' or so. Big enough that the back right corner, where the washer and dryer are, was enclosed as a laundry room, and there's still enough space on that side for a normal car. Workbenches and such in the other back corner. It's also got a paved spot on the side of the garage for a trailer or RV. Not bad for a suburban house.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gonna see the house in the am! Woooohooo!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

64bit_Dophins posted:

That's pretty exciting congrats!

My eyes are also terrible and I have an astigmatism. I was told by an eye doctor a few years ago that my eyes were 'just' bad enough that I wouldn't qualify for LASIK (I also couldn't afford it anyways).

I'll have to look into that though it seems promising.

I also just got a new pair of glasses yesterday after wearing the same hosed up pair for the past 4 years. Feels really good.

Thanks!
Glasses are a love/hate thing. I'm thankful that I can see, but good God are they annoying for anything involving dirt, sweat, water, or being upside-down, etc.
I'll still likely need reading glasses, not for reading (since we'll be doing the "monovision" setup, with one eye for distance, and one for normal reading) but for anything closer than about a foot or 18". They set the reading focus at about where you'd normally hold a book.

Also, technically I'm a cyborg with the lens replacement, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LASIK chat!

My employer has a deal where we get 25% off the final cost of the procedure and the exams and consultations are all free. Brings it down to just under $4000 or so. Definitely moving forward on that next year.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

InitialDave posted:

If you made it more of going through how people answered each question and why, I suspect there would be a few big arguments blow up about it.

Simple questions/answers remove a lot of the detail that separates people out on a wide spectrum of supposedly agreeing opinions - where people stand is sometimes less important than which way they face.

Slow day at work...

1. Laws should restrict abortion in all or most cases.

Agree strongly. It is the role of the state to determine whether or not its citizens are safe. This includes the thorough regulation of healthcare providers as citizens lack the relevant expertise to determine the appropriate requirements for the performance of healthcare functions.

2. Unions were indispensible in establishing the middle class.

Strongly disagree. The state establishes an appropriate standard of living for all its citizens. Unions as authorized citizen organizations are extensions of the state but we must distinguish between the benefit-to-citizens attributable to the state and the benefit-to-citizen attributable to functional extensions of the state.

3. In nearly every instance, the free market allocates resources most efficiently.

Strongly disagree. The free market allocates resources in a somewhat efficient basis, but only the state can allocate resources in a pareto efficient manner to most effectively serve the interests of its citizens because only the state is in a position to effectively determine the interests of its citizens as a whole.

4. Public radio and television funded by the state provide a valuable service the citizens.

Agree strongly. Public radio and television funded by the state provide the news and other information that are most beneficial to all citizens without the questionable influence of outside interests.

5. Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

Agree strongly. The state has a strong interest in protecting the rights of its citizens. To the extent that the reproduction of non-citizens impinges on citizen rights, then that reproduction should be restricted.

6. Access to healthcare is a right.

Agree strongly. The state determines the optimal level of health for all citizens and provides appropriate care.

7. The rich should pay a higher tax rate than the middle class.

Strongly disagree. Each citizen should pay a tax rate appropriately determined by the state to maximize the total well-being of the body of citizens as a whole. This determination must be adjusted on a reasonable basis to ensure that it continues to be appropriate for the continued maximization of overall citizen well-being.

8. School science classes should teach intelligent design.

Agree strongly. The state must teach many logical fallacies so that its citizens are prepared to identify, analyze and debunk them in the approved manner.

9. Marriage must be heralded for the important role it plays in society.

Agree strongly. Marriage is the primary method of the reproduction of citizens and as such is necessary for the continued existence of the state.

10. Sometimes war is necessary, even if it means you strike first.

Agree strongly. The state's duty is to keep its citizens safe. To the extent a neighboring group of non-citizens has organized in a manner that threatens citizens, the state must use every means available to it to ensure that the state realizes its duty to its citizens.

11. Patriotism is an overrated quality.

Strongly disagree. The state is comprised of citizens. The vigorous support of the state is the vigorous support of one's fellow citizens and as such is an objective moral good.

12. Radio stations should be required to present balanced news coverage.

Neutral. Radio stations may present such news coverage as is permitted according to the rules and regulations laid out for them by the state to aid in the advancement of the common good of all citizens comprising the state.

13. Government should do something about the increasing violence in video games.

Neutral. Video game violence is subject to regulation by the state. To the extent violence exceeds the applicable regulations, then violence must be reduced. However, violence may be increased until it meets the requirements set forth by the state.

14. If our leader meets with our enemies, it makes us appear weak.

Disagree. Our leader must meet with our enemies if such meeting is necessary for the advancement of the citizens of the state.

15. We must use our military from time to time to protect our supply of oil, to avoid a national crisis.

Agree strongly. The state's duty is to its citizens. If the supply of oil is interrupted by non-citizens, the ensuing national crisis will indicate a failure of the state. Thus, the state must intervene using all means available to ensure the continued safety of its citizens.

16. Strong gun ownership rights protect the people against tyranny.

Strongly disagree. The state protects the people against tyranny.

17. It makes no sense to say "I'm spiritual but not religious."

Neutral. Citizens may express themselves in such a manner as permitted by the regulations promulgated to maximize aggregate citizen well-being. If the regulations permit such a statement, then, depending on the related circumstances, it may make sense to make a permitted statement .

18. It is not government's responsibility to regulate pollution.

Strongly disagree. The state's role is to provide for the regulation of all aspects that may affect the well-being of its citizens, including air quality, water quality, production volume and expense.

19. Gay marriage should be forbidden.

Strongly disagree. Gay marriage is permitted because it increases the aggregate well-being of citizens.

20. It should be against the law to use hateful language toward another racial group.

Strongly disagree. It is not permitted by law to use hateful language toward citizens, but the law does not provide for the restriction on hateful language toward non-citizens, whether as part of a racial or other group.

21. Government should ensure that all citizens meet a certain minimum standard of living.

Agree strongly. The state determines the optimal standard of living to maximize aggregate well-being for all citizens. Citizens must comply with this minimum standard of living.

22. It is wrong to enforce moral behavior through the law because this infringes upon an individual's freedom.

Strongly disagree. The state is comprised of all citizens. The laws promulgated by the state are, at heart, promulgated by all citizens. A law, whether enforcing moral behavior or otherwise, cannot infringe upon an individual's freedom because that individual has exercised their freedom through the proxy of the state in implementing the law.

23. Immigration restrictions are economically protectionist. Non-citizens should be allowed to sell their labor domestically at a rate the market will pay.

Strongly disagree. The state does not recognize any rights in non-citizens.

24. An official language should be set, and immigrants should have to learn it.

Agree strongly. To function efficiently, the state may employ such languages as are most appropriate for the relevant situation. However, a single, official language provides a sense of unity and camaraderie within the citizens and, to the extent an immigrant is permitted to become a citizen, immigants, and as such increases the aggregate well-being of the citizens.

25. Whatever maximizes economic growth is good for the people.

Strongly disagree. While economic growth may often be beneficial for citizens, there are circumstances where the state may choose to prioritize other elements instead. If the state so elects, then such a choice is good for the people and maximizing economic growth in that situation is not.

26. Racial issues will never be resolved. It is human nature to prefer one's own race.

Strongly disagree. It is human nature to prefer citizens to non-citizens.

27. People with a criminal history should not be able to vote.

Agree strongly. A criminal history indicates an inability to perform under to the social contract required between each citizen to create the state and as such is itself an act of war against the state.

28. Marijuana should be legal.

Agree strongly. All things are subject to appropriate regulation by the state. Use of substances outside of the permitted use is restricted.

29. The state should fine television stations for broadcasting offensive language.

Strongly disagree. Television stations are restricted from broadcasting prohibited language, however, if permitted, or required, language is offensive then television stations are not subject to fines for broadcasting such language.

30. It does not make sense to understand the motivations of terrorists because they are self-evidently evil.

Agree strongly. Terrorists are non-citizens.

31. The lower the taxes, the better off we all are.

Strongly disagree. See question 7.

32. Minority groups that have faced discrimination should receive help from the state to get on an equal footing.

Agree strongly. All citizens are required to comply with the minimum standard of living set by the state.

33. It is wrong to question a leader in wartime.

Strongly disagree. As the state is a proxy for citizens, so its leaders are a proxy for the state. However, it is important not to confuse a leader with the state and so a leader must be questioned whenever their actions are at odds with the interests of the state.

34. Tighter regulation would have prevented the collapse of the lending industry.

Agree strongly. Regulation by the state ensures the well-being of all its citizens.

35. It makes sense and is fair that some people make much more money than others.

Agree strongly. The state regulates the ownership of property, including the property of the body and mind of a citizen, and the income received for exercising ownership rights over that property. If the regulation permits some people make much more money than others then the fact of their making much more money makes sense and is fair.

36. Toppling enemy regimes to spread democracy will make the world a safer place.

Agree strongly. The state must protect the interests of its citizens. This includes both permitting groups of non-citizens to strive for the glories of citizenship by voting to be incorporated into the state, and toppling enemy regimes.

37. The state has no business regulating alcohol and tobacco products.

Strongly disagree. The state has a duty to regulate those elements which will maximize the aggregate well-being of its citizens.

38. If an unwed teen becomes pregnant, abortion may be a responsible choice.

Agree strongly. If abortion is required by regulation than it is the only choice. If abortion is permitted by regulation then either election permitted to be exercised by the appropriate regulation is a responsible choice.

39. International trade agreements should require environmental protections and workers' rights. (meaning: no free trade with countries that lack pollution controls or labor protections)

Agree strongly. The state's duty to its citizens is far-reaching and requires the state to accurately predict the most likely course of history. This includes attention to the fact of global warming and its potential negative effects on citizens and to the destabilizing effect that a lack of labor protections has on the production of goods by non-citizens for citizens.

40. Gay equality is a sign of progress.

Agree strongly. All citizens are equal in the eyes of the state.

41. The state should be able to put a criminal to death if the crime was serious enough.

Agree strongly. Criminals are non-citizens and as such have no right to the property of their body or minds. While the state is permitted to put criminals to death, it may elect to exercise its property right over their body and mind to further the interests of citizens.

42. The military budget should be scaled back.

Strongly disagree. The state has determined the appropriate military budget to maximize aggregate citizen well-being. If the budget is reduced, then the reduction is appropriate. If it is increased, then the increase is appropriate.

43. Economic competition results in inumerable innovations that improve all of our lives.

Agree strongly. Economic competition that is encouraged by the state improves the lives of all citizens.

44. It is not our place to condemn other cultures as backwards or barbaric.

Strongly disagree. Non-citizen cultures are backwards and barbaric.

45. When one group is slaughtering another group somewhere in the world, we have a responsibility to intervene.

Agree strongly. When groups are slaughtering each other somewhere in the world, the state must intervene to determine if any citizens are at risk, or if the interests of the state would be impinged in any way by the destruction of non-citizens or their property.

46. We'd be better off if we could just lock up some of the people expressing radical political views, and keep them away from society.

Strongly disagree. The expression of permitted political views is an important right of each citizen as the discussion of appropriate political views is an important obligation of each citizen. To the extent prohibited radical political views are expressed, the criminals expressing those views are non-citizens and have been appropriately regulated.

47. Unrestrained capitalism cannot last, as wealth and power will concentrate to a small elite.

Agree strongly. The state must appropriately regulate the various aspects of capitalism to ensure that wealth and power remain distributed among citizens in such a way as to maximize the well-being of citizens.

48. It is a problem when young people display a lack of respect for authority.

Strongly disagree. It is only disobedience that is problematic. The mere expression of a lack of respect is immaterial.

49. When corporate interests become too powerful, the state should take action to ensure the public interest is served.

Agree strongly. The state always acts to ensure the public interest is served.

50. A person's morality is of the most personal nature; therefore government should have no involvement in moral questions or promote moral behaviors.

Strongly disagree. The state is comprised of its citizens. It enacts laws and promulgates regulations to effect the greatest possible increase in aggregate citizen well-being. Citizens, through the state, must tackle even those most difficult of questions. Further, citizen privacy is never at issue because the state is comprised of the citizens and as such the laws relating to moral questions or moral behaviors are personal elections made about personal moral choices. The idea that there is the possibility of any kind of violation of privacy in this situation is, frankly, absurd.

51. The state should not set a minimum wage.

Strongly disagree. The state’s ability to appropriately distribute its property is an important tool the state can use to increase aggregate citizen well-being.

52. A nation's retirement safety net cannot be trusted to the fluctuations of the stock market.

Agree strongly. The state, not the stock market, provides for its citizens.

53. Offensive or blasphemous art should be suppressed.

Strongly disagree. See 29.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Darchangel posted:

Thanks!
Glasses are a love/hate thing. I'm thankful that I can see, but good God are they annoying for anything involving dirt, sweat, water, or being upside-down, etc.
I'll still likely need reading glasses, not for reading (since we'll be doing the "monovision" setup, with one eye for distance, and one for normal reading) but for anything closer than about a foot or 18". They set the reading focus at about where you'd normally hold a book.

Also, technically I'm a cyborg with the lens replacement, right?

Yeah I love glasses but whenever I have to work outside or go to the gym with them they're annoying and I can't afford contacts.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Holy poo poo that was a wall of text I just scrolled through

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Goober Peas posted:

Holy poo poo that was a wall of text I just scrolled through

Thank you for giving it exactly the consideration it deserved.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I want to know what score those answers give.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Garage chat: Mine is small, but I still fit 2 cars in and a bunch of tools and poo poo. More space is always better though for sure.

From the garage thread:

Suburban Dad posted:

With all that poo poo in there and I can still fit in 2 cars (22x20ish I think), which pleases me.

I have since upgraded my crappy toolboxes to a giant monster Husky. We park so the center aisle is wide (pull in on right side, back in on left side so driver's doors open to the center), and it works fine. I can't fit a full size truck in there (around 200" long is the limit for cars) but otherwise it's not the end of the world. When working on a car, I just pull it to the center and kick out the other car.

Lasik chat: that's awesome Darchangel! I wish I could pay money to never have to worry about my eyes degrading and have perfect vision. I'm not a good candidate for Lasik and I'm sure they're only gonna get worse from here (only 33).

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 10, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

builds character posted:

:siren: Dont quote walls of text you loving mouthbreather :siren:

just post the results you idiot

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008