Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

nesbit37 posted:

In honor of the spooky nature of halloween, one of them will be a scenario involving zombees and the other ghost bees from hives in a cemetery.

Dang dang dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

kinkouin posted:

Yeah, I feel the same way about the art.

It's a cool bundled adventure for those that want a quick start and not the hassle of breaking out pen and paper for DnD but overall didnt hit all the buttons for me.

I don't mind the art, but I look at that array of chits and trackers and my eyes slide off. Too busy for a silly, lightweight concept for me.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

That 3D printed mall kickstarter has set up preorders on Backerkit for anyone who's interested.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

HazCat posted:

Thanks so much! I'm really optimistic about the campaign funding, but I'll have to wait and see how badly it stalls in weeks 2 and 3, since apparently those tend to be the worst...

Thanks! I've been really humbled by how much support the deck is getting. I'm so lucky I found such an amazing artist to work with!

She does! She's apollineart on Instagram, has a Facebook portfolio and is on ArtStation.

She does artwork for boardgames too, so this post is even tangentially on topic :v:

Adding my voice to the congratulatory chorus, this is fantastic! I've backed for a set, thanks for the links to the artist as well.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Cecil Howe's The Forest Hymn & Picnic is down to its last few hours on kickstarter - currently sitting at 29k of 20k.

Cecil posted:

Hi, Hello, and Hooray! Dear Reader,

The Forest Hymn & Picnic is a forthcoming tabletop adventure game set across the backdrop of a very absurd, unending and often haunted forest. Players take up the lives of oddballs in The Forest Hymn—precocious Animal Folk, lost People, or costumed Ghosts—as they stumble upon trouble in the strange woods. Take on work in town and get to know the neighbors, investigate the supernatural, take a spot in the brass band, explore the ruins that litter the woods or even win a dance marathon at the county fair! This role playing game is best played in 2 to 4 hour sessions by folks ages 13 and up.

This RPG is heavily inspired by the following sweethearts:

• The illustrations and literary works of Arnold Lobel: Frog & Toad, etcetera
  • The Wind In The Willows by Kenneth Grahame
  • The more outlandish bits of the 100 Acre Wood as told by A. A. Milne
  • Over The Garden Wall by Patrick McHale
  • A certain animated film from 1949 based on Washington Irving's The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow
  • The Skeleton Dance by Ub Iwerks—specifically the 1929 version in both black and white!
  • Stories allegedly told by the Greek fabulist Aesop
  • The music of The Decemberists

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
It's the final 48 hours in the Bee Lives campaign and we still have some stretch goals to go. Check us out if you haven't been able to yet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/580070528/bee-lives-we-will-only-know-summer

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

We just posted our third update on Americana, which has a bunch of stuff, but the main one I think you'll all dig is that our artist Andi is running a week long CYOA thing over on their tumblr, following some of our face characters investigating the death of their wee goblin pal, Theo. I know you all liked the kind of in-universe shenanigans of Orc Stabr and this is kinda like our Americana version of that right now.

Check it out here:
http://allegro-designs.tumblr.com/post/178859437387/the-death-of-theodore-odom

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Quick question for you Nemesis of Moles about Americana, I know it has listed 6 archetypes which I'm guessing are basically just classes, but is it listed anywhere what the races are? I only skimmed through and I saw that it mentioned that there would be 9 fantasy species but I wasn't sure what species that included or if it was listed down somewhere in particular.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FirstAidKite posted:

Quick question for you Nemesis of Moles about Americana, I know it has listed 6 archetypes which I'm guessing are basically just classes, but is it listed anywhere what the races are? I only skimmed through and I saw that it mentioned that there would be 9 fantasy species but I wasn't sure what species that included or if it was listed down somewhere in particular.

From a post a couple of pages back:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

To expand and explain a little bit - the 9 species thing is actually me goofing up, I meant to say 8, but since I goofed we've been talking about adding Tieflings or something to the cast. Or I'll fix the typo and hope not too many people notice. Stay on the edge of your seats!

What makes the species different from each other is also right now purely an aesthetic choice, but we're playing around with an Cultural or Species strength list to choose one additional strength from. People like both kinds right now so we'll see what it ends up looking after some more playtesting.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bruceski posted:

From a post a couple of pages back:

Ah, thank you! :)

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

To expand and explain a little bit - the 9 species thing is actually me goofing up, I meant to say 8, but since I goofed we've been talking about adding Tieflings or something to the cast. Or I'll fix the typo and hope not too many people notice. Stay on the edge of your seats!

What makes the species different from each other is also right now purely an aesthetic choice, but we're playing around with an Cultural or Species strength list to choose one additional strength from. People like both kinds right now so we'll see what it ends up looking after some more playtesting.

The ninth race is just going to be "corpse"

Not the undead. Not reanimated bodies of any kind.

Just a corpse.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

The time for Sexy Swamp monsters is nigh!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So kickstarter recommended this to me, it's some tabletop rpg called Bunnies and Burrows.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/bunnies-and-burrows

Honestly I don't know anything about the creators and the fact that this is for a 3rd Edition of the game means that I'm sure someone here has probably at least heard of or had some experience with it previously, but I personally can't speak for whether it is any good or not.

What I CAN say is that this pic from their page is absolutely amazing.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Bunnies and Burrows is almost as old as formally published D&D, and based heavily on Watership Down. It's... fairly unique.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah Bunnies & Burrows is a classic. You young'uns won't remember that there was quite literally a Watership Down craze for a while, there, after the insanely popular book and animated movie.

I've never played it, but it was always in those distributor catalogs I pored over in the early 80's.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is this bearded teen dwarf Judy Garland? Because that's amazing.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
The Cheese Dudes did a review of the original edition. https://systemmasterypodcast.com/tag/bunnies-burrows/

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I bought the GURPS version of B&B way back when. The main characters are rabbits. Not magical rabbits or semi-anthropomorphic rabbits, just ... rabbits. Everything wants to eat you, you don't have opposable thumbs, and you can't count higher than 4. All you can do is talk to other animals (but not humans, who are strange, unpredictable alien monsters). Now go have adventures. It's the ultimate RPG of living by your wits in a world much bigger than you are.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The people who recently delivered The Brigade just launched their next project Tinderbox Tales, 3 small box games set in the same location as Brigade, a 2-4 player worker placement game, a 4+ party game, and a 2 player asymmetric strategy game. Can back for one, two, or all three.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Here is a game I’m backing because I like the creator’s drawing.

Not sold on mechanics, but I really like the goofy snake doodles. Might make for a good filler game, from what I’ve seen.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bieeanshee posted:

Bunnies and Burrows is almost as old as formally published D&D, and based heavily on Watership Down. It's... fairly unique.

Not completely unique, though. In particular, Bully Pulpit Games did a PBTA game called The Warren with a very similar theme. I haven't played either so I don't know whether The Warren is likely to obviate the need for a new edition of B&B, but Bully Pulpit (in particular Jason Morningstar) are very good and so is the Apocalypse Engine, so I'd say it's at least worth looking at.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bieeanshee posted:

It was created by B. Dennis Sustarre. The same guy, the druid spell Chariot of Sustarre in D&D was named after.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Someone I know on another forum is kickstarting a D&D 5E Adventure Module. It looks pretty cool!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/458886079/petals-and-thorns-what-do-you-believe-in

I am not much of a 5E enthusiast, but this module pitch has me SERIOUSLY tempted to try DMing it. I love fantasy games with interesting faction-based politics, and it sounds like they thought about the strengths and weaknesses of 5E as a system when they set this up. They have also reached the funding level for a Pathfinder conversion!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

malkav11 posted:

Not completely unique, though. In particular, Bully Pulpit Games did a PBTA game called The Warren with a very similar theme. I haven't played either so I don't know whether The Warren is likely to obviate the need for a new edition of B&B, but Bully Pulpit (in particular Jason Morningstar) are very good and so is the Apocalypse Engine, so I'd say it's at least worth looking at.

I have that! It's hard for me to say what this new version of B&B will look like; I've only got the GURPS adaptation.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It was created by B. Dennis Sustarre. The same guy, the druid spell Chariot of Sustarre in D&D was named after.

This, I didn't know. That's dorkily cool. :)

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

avoraciopoctules posted:

Someone I know on another forum is kickstarting a D&D 5E Adventure Module. It looks pretty cool!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/458886079/petals-and-thorns-what-do-you-believe-in

I am not much of a 5E enthusiast, but this module pitch has me SERIOUSLY tempted to try DMing it. I love fantasy games with interesting faction-based politics, and it sounds like they thought about the strengths and weaknesses of 5E as a system when they set this up. They have also reached the funding level for a Pathfinder conversion!

I hit the pledge button like the fist of an angry god. If it does *anything* compelling with 5e faction-based mechanics it'll be worth my money.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

As of this morning, Americana is 90% funded. That's incredible, and a lot of that comes down to everyone in here, SA is something like #3 on our backers/funding list. I was hoping I could ask for one big push from ya'll, some tweets or throwing rocks through windows or however we're supposed to promote stuff these days, to get us through that last 10% and into Funded Land, where the streets are made of honey and Nem's heart rate can return to a normal healthy state.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/americana-1

We've tested out the posters from DriveThru and we'll be including one in every signed copy, and having them for a very low nominal fee (less than $1 if possible) when we launch. We've also launched a section on the website where you can check out some of the stories that'll be included in the book as we work on them, you can find those here.

I'm also doing a Q&A tonight at 7:30PM EST to 9:30, if anyone is interested in checking that out, the link for that is here.

AND our artist Andi has done a bunch more on their CYOA over on their blog, including this, the best thing to come out of this project so far.

Anyway, thanks for all your support, and any more you're all willing to give.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

As of this morning, Americana is 90% funded. That's incredible, and a lot of that comes down to everyone in here, SA is something like #3 on our backers/funding list. I was hoping I could ask for one big push from ya'll, some tweets or throwing rocks through windows or however we're supposed to promote stuff these days, to get us through that last 10% and into Funded Land, where the streets are made of honey and Nem's heart rate can return to a normal healthy state.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/americana-1

We've tested out the posters from DriveThru and we'll be including one in every signed copy, and having them for a very low nominal fee (less than $1 if possible) when we launch. We've also launched a section on the website where you can check out some of the stories that'll be included in the book as we work on them, you can find those here.

I'm also doing a Q&A tonight at 7:30PM EST to 9:30, if anyone is interested in checking that out, the link for that is here.

AND our artist Andi has done a bunch more on their CYOA over on their blog, including this, the best thing to come out of this project so far.

Anyway, thanks for all your support, and any more you're all willing to give.

I missed out on that sweet sweet Ork Stabr KS (each copy a collector's item!), so there was no way I was going to not back this.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Backed Americana as #236. It's not really the type of game my group would play but the CYOA looked fun and I probably got my :10bux::10bux: entertainment out of reading the Orc Stabr stuff posted here already. I also forwarded the Bee Summer KS the other day to my friend who loves nature/science/animal themed euro games. She said she loved it so hopefully she got in before the buzzer. Good luck to you both and all the other goonstarters.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Just backed Americana because I will forever have to live with the self loathing of not backing Orc Stabr. Keep up the awesome work.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I backed, and will finally get to be the hunky dreamboat orc I've always wanted to be.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

In other tabletop news looks like the Mountain Witch reprint has stalled. Normally being a month overdue (on the PDF at least) would be mundane for a KS, but Kleinart hasn't logged in to his account since August and backers have been struggling to get in contact with him. Hopefully there'll be some good news relatively soon.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

We've also launched a section on the website where you can check out some of the stories that'll be included in the book as we work on them, you can find those here.

I appreciate that the first story establishes that this game is radically inclusive, both in the sense of "pushing limits" and in the sense of "way cool."

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I missed out on that sweet sweet Ork Stabr KS (each copy a collector's item!), so there was no way I was going to not back this.

bagrada posted:

Backed Americana as #236. It's not really the type of game my group would play but the CYOA looked fun and I probably got my :10bux::10bux: entertainment out of reading the Orc Stabr stuff posted here already. I also forwarded the Bee Summer KS the other day to my friend who loves nature/science/animal themed euro games. She said she loved it so hopefully she got in before the buzzer. Good luck to you both and all the other goonstarters.

Merauder posted:

Just backed Americana because I will forever have to live with the self loathing of not backing Orc Stabr. Keep up the awesome work.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I backed, and will finally get to be the hunky dreamboat orc I've always wanted to be.

Antivehicular posted:

I appreciate that the first story establishes that this game is radically inclusive, both in the sense of "pushing limits" and in the sense of "way cool."

I asked Andi to make something for everyone, to express how we're feeling right now.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
oh poo poo, it's skelly five aces

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Leraika posted:

oh poo poo, it's skelly five aces

mixed with fiesta cat

and yet somehow....it's workin????

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
The taped on glasses really do it for me.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
So that's what our collective skeleton in the closet looks like.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Hey, my softcover copy of High Plains Samurai came in today. Has anyone else backed that/read into it more?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Here's the Q&A we did, a fair few really good questions in here.

https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/2018/10/10/qa-liam-ginty-americana/

Also we're less than $200 from being funded, thanks again in large part to you all. Thank you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
After Orc Stabr, there's no way we wouldn't go out on a Limm for you again.