Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pixel Puzzle Collection is a picross game with Konami stuff that's apparently completely free except for ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kheldarn posted:

Stardew Valley coming to mobile. It launches on iOS on 10/29, and they hope to have an Android release date soon.

RIP my phone battery

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You can import PC saves into mobile stardew valley lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mrkillboy posted:

Pixel Puzzle Collection is a picross game with Konami stuff that's apparently completely free except for ads.

Can confirm this is a really good picross game

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

precision posted:

Can confirm this is a really good picross game

Metal....Gear? [Does it have Metal Gears?] - Snake

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You can import PC saves into mobile stardew valley lol

Holy poo poo. I've bought Stardew Valley 3 times now and my only regret is that I couldn't give the money directly to the dev instead of Chucklefuck studios.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

WaltherFeng posted:

Metal....Gear? [Does it have Metal Gears?] - Snake

Haven't seen any yet but with hundreds of puzzles it would definitely be an odd thing to leave out. One thing that's cool is that there's no set order to the puzzles, it just gives you a random one of the difficulty you're on.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it does have an entire Parodius section. also, each puzzle has a little description, and they are pretty well-written

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone else playing this C&C Rivals? I feel so dirty playing it because I grew up on C&C and this game is a Clash Royale clone for the most part but it's actually kinda fun. I saw there's a bunch of clans with the word goon in it, do we have an alliance for this?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

"goon squad" is copywrite by Dr. Lowtax Awful. all of these pubbies and (ugh) normies who are STEALING it make me sick!!

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Seriously there are a lot of alliances with the word "goon" in the title and AFAIK they haven't posted here

explosivo they are gradually rolling out the beta to wider and wider groups, it's not open beta and it's not on iPhone yet. So although about ~5 goons (including me) have posted about it in this thread I think any alliance would have to allow pubbies for now.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

explosivo posted:

Anyone else playing this C&C Rivals? I feel so dirty playing it because I grew up on C&C and this game is a Clash Royale clone for the most part but it's actually kinda fun. I saw there's a bunch of clans with the word goon in it, do we have an alliance for this?

I do wish they would just clone the original C&C and Red Alert games onto Mobile/Touchscreen with an updated UI and nothing else. Those games were fantastic.

I still have yet to actually beat that Ant campaign yet. :argh: The original C&C games were much harder (from what I remember) than Red Alert 2 and games since. Man I miss Westwood.

Also I am excited for Stardew Valley too. I got into it on PC, then put it down due to life and feel like I need to restart it to know what I was doing again. Being on mobile might make that a hell of a lot easier.

I was already playing it "mobile" a bit though with my Shield Portable at times.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

For a free to play Picross game, this is bizarrely good. Even the ads aren't that bad.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah I usually get sick of phone games after one or two plays but that one is super good.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

axelblaze posted:

For a free to play Picross game, this is bizarrely good. Even the ads aren't that bad.

I don't care for the big ad that pops up after a game on the main screen because I keep hitting it trying to start a new puzzle. Other than that, which isn't that big of a deal, I really like the game. Already played my first "BOSS" puzzle too and beat it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This just reminds me that we never got Pictlogica Final Fantasy, and that makes me sad. :smith:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Picross Survival is not a good picross game. By that I mean if you make a mistake, it lets you know immediately. Pixel Puzzle (and Hungry Cat) you can go for trial and error to get a level complete. Of course with Hungry Cat Picross if you make a mistake on a sparkling spot you don't get the gold.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Edit: Alliance disbanded in favor of the one that already exists!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 10, 2018

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Kheldarn posted:

Stardew Valley coming to mobile. It launches on iOS on 10/29, and they hope to have an Android release date soon.

Figures they announced it right after I get the switch version :argh: Fortunately Stardew is very good and not expensive so whatever!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

tudabee posted:

Figures they announced it right after I get the switch version :argh: Fortunately Stardew is very good and not expensive so whatever!

Switch version has real controls though so there's that

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have to disagree, the Switch controls are hot garbage. That game demands a keyboard and mouse.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Len posted:

Switch version has real controls though so there's that

Is there going to be support for Bluetooth controllers?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
What ads are you guys talking about in Pixel Puzzle Collection? I've gotten about 10% completion, and have yet to see an ad show up even once.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Morpheus posted:

What ads are you guys talking about in Pixel Puzzle Collection? I've gotten about 10% completion, and have yet to see an ad show up even once.

There is an ad at the bottom of the screen which isn't very bad as it is out of the way but after a lot of the puzzles when it goes back to the main screen to pick a new one it will pop up a huge add in the center right where you need to tap to get a new puzzle.

The current ads I am seeing are for PES Pro Evolution Soccer.

I am not running any ad blocker or anything tho so maybe that is why you don't see them.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

thuly posted:

I'm making an alliance for C&C Rivals. There's no USSR flag and the Russian Federation one just doesn't have the same chutzpah. Look up "We shall have RESPECT" and I'll add you.

For folks that haven't played it: progression is Clash Royale, gameplay is hex based movement fighting over control points. Controls feel intuitive, looks good, no Frank Klepacki music.

explosivo posted:

Alright well I made a private Alliance for C&C Rivals. If anyone wants to join search "Tiberan Goons" and you'll find it :waycool:

Edit: Alliance ID: yzlmkpz1 if you need that for some reason.

you guys need to figure this out

also that's not how you spell Tiberian :mad:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I'm not running an ad blocker and I haven't seen any ads. I've done like a dozen puzzles. The one thing I dislike is that most of the puzzles are quite small, and a lot of the time they don't look like much until you solve it and the colors are applied.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I'm not running an ad blocker and I haven't seen any ads. I've done like a dozen puzzles. The one thing I dislike is that most of the puzzles are quite small, and a lot of the time they don't look like much until you solve it and the colors are applied.

Lucky you.

and

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Even with an adblocker the ad will still pop up.

Until you block it manually.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 10, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rastor posted:

you guys need to figure this out

also that's not how you spell Tiberian :mad:

Aw gently caress I didn't realize someone already posted about making one earlier. Also, I spelled it right in the app. I typo'd here. :downs:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

I have to disagree, the Switch controls are hot garbage. That game demands a keyboard and mouse.

So if it's garbage on Switch imagine playing with touch controls.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Trastion posted:

There is an ad at the bottom of the screen which isn't very bad as it is out of the way but after a lot of the puzzles when it goes back to the main screen to pick a new one it will pop up a huge add in the center right where you need to tap to get a new puzzle.

The current ads I am seeing are for PES Pro Evolution Soccer.

I am not running any ad blocker or anything tho so maybe that is why you don't see them.

If you tap the screen immediately after finishing a puzzle it will cancel the loading of that ad. At least on my phone.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Len posted:

So if it's garbage on Switch imagine playing with touch controls.

Yeah I'm a little concerned.. I can't imagine some of the deeper levels of the mines on a touchscreen. Farming would probably be okay until you fat-finger and ruin a crop or something.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
pixel puzzle collection doesnt seem to support the note 8's pen stylus thing which is driving me up the absolute wall

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

quite stretched out posted:

pixel puzzle collection doesnt seem to support the note 8's pen stylus thing which is driving me up the absolute wall

:tif:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm at 11%, have done 3 bosses and a few mini boss puzzles, and have only seen one Castlevania puzzle :mad:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

i got up to the first 15x15 one and nearly went insane because of the curved side of the screen making it way harder to hit the squares on the right of the grid, and the zoom not seeming to actually let you paint while zoomed in :shepface:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat, got hyped for this Picross game you're all playing but it's not available in the UK.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is there really no way around the ads? Nothing to buy? I haven't installed it but I don't see 'IAP available' in the store.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

quite stretched out posted:

i got up to the first 15x15 one and nearly went insane because of the curved side of the screen making it way harder to hit the squares on the right of the grid, and the zoom not seeming to actually let you paint while zoomed in :shepface:

You have to double tap when zoomed in to paint a block. Bit of a pain.

I'm wondering, people who are getting ads, are you all in the US? I'm in Canada, and don't see any, popup or banner or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
What are the thoughts on the game Merchant? Ironically, I was browsing Facebook on my phone and I saw an ad for it being on Steam. Never heard of it before today but it seems well received.

What do you guys think of it, as a mobile game?