Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you

They need to make the game that children could beat 30 years ago easier so that children can beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hey Jude, don’t make it bad
Make a gas mod and swap their gender

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

They need to make the game that children could beat 30 years ago easier so that children can beat it.

i said that before i knew it was a lazy savestate. but if they made a proper romhack that lightens the really frustrating/obtuse parts of the game who cares lol

this shits embarrassing lmao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Obtuse and Frustrating 30 year old Nintendo game most of us beat when we were 6 years old

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Note it's actually impossible to beat the SPECIAL EDITION of the game without using your own save states (instead of just using the in game save function like any normal person would do) because even if you save your progress in game, as soon as you exit the game and then reopen it later, it immediately rolls back to the original save state with no save files.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Note it's actually impossible to beat the SPECIAL EDITION of the game without using your own save states (instead of just using the in game save function like any normal person would do) because even if you save your progress in game, as soon as you exit the game and then reopen it later, it immediately rolls back to the original save state with no save files.

oh my god

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

i like when nintendo actually did stuff inhouse instead of contracting it out. see also: the piece of poo poo Yoshi's Island DS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

American McGay posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
cant wait for next months release of Super Mario Bros.: Now You're Playing With Power! where you start with a fire flower in the middle of jumping over the first pipe

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Been lolling heartily at the thread recently. Zelda Switch is a grease fire

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

absolutely anything posted:

cant wait for next months release of Super Mario Bros.: Now You're Playing With Power! where you start with a fire flower in the middle of jumping over the first pipe
lmfao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Metroid: Super Edition that is just a save state that has JUSTIN BAILEY already typed in and you just have to press start after entering all the dashes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i like when nintendo actually did stuff inhouse instead of contracting it out. see also: the piece of poo poo Yoshi's Island DS

i dunno man if they had contracted this poo poo out to like M2 or frank cifaldi's people it probably would have been a lot better

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
m2 showing up with a bunch of sega games and insisting theyre better so its ok

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

this is very disheartening information. I need to rethink my love for nintendo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im printing out the last few pages of this thread and mailing htem to nintendo japan

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im playing solomons key and enjoying it lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

its a good game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

noting down everyone doubting Nintendo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

It's better with save states its too long to play on a cartridge in the 80s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea, also its good protection in case i have an arino moment and gently caress up the continue code

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Zas posted:

i dunno man if they had contracted this poo poo out to like M2 or frank cifaldi's people it probably would have been a lot better

Well yeah those would be great instead of whatever clown company they've been using

NES games look like hosed up poo poo on the 3ds and I have no idea why they don't offer pixel perfect mode like the snes games do

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

keep imagining this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Remem-ber, the lotion goes on its skin
Before you beg-i-in
To play DIDnapper

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Well yeah those would be great instead of whatever clown company they've been using

NES games look like hosed up poo poo on the 3ds and I have no idea why they don't offer pixel perfect mode like the snes games do

The clown company is themselves

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

yea, also its good protection in case i have an arino moment and gently caress up the continue code

Its cool how often he forgets to hold a before mashing stary

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I forgot about arino. what a cool guy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Started replaying Mario Odyssey today, it's still the best game I've ever played. Do you think there's a chance they make an Odyssey 2 eventually?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think there will be another super mario. it might be called something else though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Super Mario Sunshine 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i think there will be another super mario. it might be called something else though

Bold claim

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope the next mario game is either a new maker game or a 2D game that doesn't piss me off to look at

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Started replaying Mario Odyssey today, it's still the best game I've ever played. Do you think there's a chance they make an Odyssey 2 eventually?

the fact that they haven't done any dlc levels for it makes me think they just went straight into making a second one, like what they did with galaxy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

the fact that they haven't done any dlc levels for it makes me think they just went straight into making a second one, like what they did with galaxy

Yeah. I'd be good with that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Did we ever get anything remotely similar to another Mario game on N64? Seems kinda odd looking back now. Most consoles that launch with a Mario game end up having 2 entries by the time it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i need mario maker switch