Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Once again, you're not legally allowed to do this even in the Berlin U-Bahn. Enforcement is a different issue. I'd check while I'm here but I refuse to acknowledge their barely subterranean rear end tram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Smirr posted:

Once again, you're not legally allowed to do this even in the Berlin U-Bahn. Enforcement is a different issue. I'd check while I'm here but I refuse to acknowledge their barely subterranean rear end tram

aren't you a Kölner now though? show some respect for your barely subterranean rear end tram

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

barely subterranean rear end tram

Streng genommen ist in Köln alles unterirdisch.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

- das Stadtarchiv

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

aren't you a Kölner now though? show some respect for your barely subterranean rear end tram

Not yet. Still in limbo (not to be confused with lmbo, which I'm decidedly not doing)

Also I'm glad that someone went in for the Stadtarchiv. It's been long enough for it to be funny

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr in Köln... hard to imagine

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I don't know why everyone I know irl keeps saying that!! But it keeps happening!!! Wish people would share their arcane Köln knowledge with me instead of going "ausgerechnet..." bedeutungsschwangerly

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smirr posted:

Not yet. Still in limbo (not to be confused with lmbo, which I'm decidedly not doing)

Also I'm glad that someone went in for the Stadtarchiv. It's been long enough for it to be funny

Tbf it was about time someone dug it up.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I once visited Köln and really liked the Schweinshaxe and the Museum Ludwig. The rest was a bit too zerbombt for my taste tbh

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It is rather

https://youtu.be/bAsJxaU3sVo

but I've worked in Kassel and lived so

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
+++NRW-CDU anscheinend von bajuwarischen Gedankengut unterwandert+++

quote:

"Wir haben die Bedenken und Argumente Ernst genommen", sagte Reul. "Was bringt das beste Gesetz, wenn es am Verfassungsgericht scheitert?"

Ich war es ja schon von der Kraft-Regierung (SPD) gewohnt, dass die Landespolitik es mit der Gesetzesbindung nicht so genau nimmt, aber anscheinend operiert die CDU mittlerweile auf dem "Nobody outcrazies Ophelia!"-Prinzip.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wengy posted:

I once visited Köln and really liked the Schweinshaxe and the Museum Ludwig. The rest was a bit too zerbombt for my taste tbh

Every opinion you have is bougie.txt lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Real suicidal ideation hours, whomst up?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Smirr posted:

Real suicidal ideation hours, whomst up?

:whitewater:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

It is rather

https://youtu.be/bAsJxaU3sVo

but I've worked in Kassel and lived so

loving hell, blast from the past. Love it.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I must have missed the memo declaring Schweinshaxe bougie as gently caress at the last multiplebalconyhaversmeeting.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Randler posted:

+++NRW-CDU anscheinend von bajuwarischen Gedankengut unterwandert+++

Ich war es ja schon von der Kraft-Regierung (SPD) gewohnt, dass die Landespolitik es mit der Gesetzesbindung nicht so genau nimmt, aber anscheinend operiert die CDU mittlerweile auf dem "Nobody outcrazies Ophelia!"-Prinzip.

I remember you being very pleased that Kraft lost.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Köln knowledge:
- Rheinterassen are really nice in good weather.
- Hansestube degu menu is super if you’re hungry and got the spare cash.
- Hilton Ice Bar has some nice drinks.
- the Inder near there is also quite good.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wengy posted:

I must have missed the memo declaring Schweinshaxe bougie as gently caress at the last multiplebalconyhaversmeeting.

yeah what

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The Kölner Dom is nice.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mano posted:

Köln knowledge:
- Rheinterassen are really nice in good weather.
- Hansestube degu menu is super if you’re hungry and got the spare cash.
- Hilton Ice Bar has some nice drinks.
- the Inder near there is also quite good.

You know a city is good when the "Hilton Ice Bar" is one of the places to get nice drinks lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://twitter.com/rudifussi/status/1050012464493068288

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Post ur most german pics itt

az
Dec 2, 2005

2 slots for strohbergung simulator, I know what I'm missing in my life!

also lmao bremen nord simulation, the people from bremen don't even want to be in bremen why simulate the misery

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
It's me, Mega Frankfurt v2.0.

Patch notes:
- instituted a decent drug policy so you don't step in heroin needles everywhere in the Bahnhofsviertel
- removed senseless rioting bug from Eintracht fans
- removed Handkäse

Notes:
- we still have issues with the dialect engine and everyone sounds retarded

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

az posted:

2 slots for strohbergung simulator, I know what I'm missing in my life!

also lmao bremen nord simulation, the people from bremen don't even want to be in bremen why simulate the misery

There is a most excellent LP of just that :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7iw0FC2T0E

az
Dec 2, 2005

I can't believe any of those games are real and sell well enough to be profitable. I get bloodshot eyes just looking at a game like Anno, those sim games would straight up murder me braindead

ps: a foreign friend of mine is looking for good german metal bands, any recommendations I can throw his way?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I mean Bremen is nice enough, but Bremen-Nord. Oof.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

az posted:

ps: a foreign friend of mine is looking for good german metal bands, any recommendations I can throw his way?

Omega Massif, Ultha, Phantom Winter, Ancst, Wight, The Ocean, Sun Worship. You’re welcome.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

az posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcvWoGBt1Vg

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

lmao

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

az posted:

Sodom, we went over this last night/this morning. Other than that, any way to narrow this down a little? GC is no longer with us so hopefully no one's gonna recommend Avantasia but I'd prefer not to take any chances

az
Dec 2, 2005

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Omega Massif, Ultha, Phantom Winter, Ancst, Wight, The Ocean, Sun Worship. You’re welcome.

danke

Smirr posted:

Sodom, we went over this last night/this morning. Other than that, any way to narrow this down a little? GC is no longer with us so hopefully no one's gonna recommend Avantasia but I'd prefer not to take any chances

who went over what im confused and I think Im missing something. I think he's looking for any decent german, fash free metal/grindcore/whatever you got because he wants to explore german music and I cant help him with metally stuff at all

holy shitsnacks

az
Dec 2, 2005

I can't stop listening to that cover, I think I've been bewitched and I am craving gyros really bad right now

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

az posted:

danke

who went over what im confused and I think Im missing something. I think he's looking for any decent german, fash free metal/grindcore/whatever you got because he wants to explore german music and I cant help him with metally stuff at all

holy shitsnacks

I posted a link to a Sodom song last night, who are a good German metal band. That's it. Chances are that he's already aware of them though.

Let me try to think of something more current, uhhh, Hellish Crossfire are great and kill live, same for Indian Nightmare. Blackened crust is huge these days and if he starts with Ancst he'll probably find something he likes. Right now I keep thinking of all these Austrian and Swiss bands for some reason 🤔

az
Dec 2, 2005

Smirr posted:

I posted a link to a Sodom song last night, who are a good German metal band. That's it. Chances are that he's already aware of them though.

Let me try to think of something more current, uhhh, Hellish Crossfire are great and kill live, same for Indian Nightmare. Blackened crust is huge these days and if he starts with Ancst he'll probably find something he likes. Right now I keep thinking of all these Austrian and Swiss bands for some reason 🤔

cheers mate

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

az posted:

In Extremo, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Onkel Tom, Apokalyptische Reiter.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
what the gently caress. couldnt find that band on wikipedia, but this is just as messed up:
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onkel_Toms_H%FCtte_(Berlin)

as for german metal, i think kreator is popular, not my genre tho

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

What, that place is named for an abolitionist novel written by a woman. You some kinda racist or sexist? :clint:

Anyway, trolling aside I came to ask the Bavarians itt about this baffling passage in a spon article about the Freie Wähler

quote:

Aiwanger ist das Gesicht der Partei. Wenn er spricht, zieht er die Worte lang wie Kaugummi, im niederbayerischen wird das "a" zum "o", das "ei" zum "ai".
http://m.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/bayern-wer-sind-die-freien-waehler-und-wer-ist-hubert-aiwanger-a-1232661.html

That last bit in particular. If they're talking about "ei" as in the word "Ei", then uhhh. If they're talking about something else, I don't what it could possibly be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Aix posted:

what the gently caress. couldnt find that band on wikipedia, but this is just as messed up:
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onkel_Toms_H%FCtte_(Berlin)

The novel was extremely important in stoking abolitionist sentiment in the US, and the name of that part of the city came to be long before the more negative associations connected with the book of the civil rights era :shrug: Also don’t forget that some of the popular criticism of the book actually misses its mark, eg the understanding of „Uncle Tom“ as a derogative towards black men freely subordinating themselves to their white masters comes from the „Tom shows“ that were very popular for a time and over which the author had no control. In the novel, Uncle Tom instead is brutally tortured and murdered by his owner after he refuses to betray his fellow slaves.

Smirr posted:

What, that place is named for an abolitionist novel written by a woman. You some kinda racist or sexist? :clint:

Anyway, trolling aside I came to ask the Bavarians itt about this baffling passage in a spon article about the Freie Wähler

http://m.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/bayern-wer-sind-die-freien-waehler-und-wer-ist-hubert-aiwanger-a-1232661.html

That last bit in particular. If they're talking about "ei" as in the word "Ei", then uhhh. If they're talking about something else, I don't what it could possibly be

I have no idea either 🤷‍♀️ „ei“ often (but not always!) becomes „oa“ in Bavarian, and depending on where you grew up „el“ can turn into „ei“ (although more widespread variants would be i, e, ö, ej or oj), but rendering ei as ai would be news to me (not that there’s any meaningful difference between the two)

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 12, 2018