Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ugh I've got most of what I want to restart skorne but now I'm thinking about running mammoth and hydra together because lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Buffbot casters are generally pretty boring as a whole

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Truth

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Lucant is boring. He is efficient and strong but boring.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

S.J. posted:

Ugh I've got most of what I want to restart skorne but now I'm thinking about running mammoth and hydra together because lmao

Theme: Imperial Warhost
3 / 3 Free Cards 75/ 75 Army

Xerxis, Fury of Halaak - WB: +28
- Desert Hydra - PC: 35 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
- Mammoth - PC: 35
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 0
- Agonizer - PC: 0
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 0

Siege Animantarax - PC: 17
Supreme Guardian - PC: 16

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yes.

I'm also thinking Makeda 1

That gives the second turtle instead of Supreme Guardian

S.J. fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 12, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Nah my dude, get in on that Mak3 train before it leaves the station. I'm sure she's still dirt cheap enough places that you can get her for less than 50% MSRP before the CID is done.

She's not gonna win you any tournaments, but she's sure gonna be a lot more fun.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

waah posted:

Nah my dude, get in on that Mak3 train before it leaves the station. I'm sure she's still dirt cheap enough places that you can get her for less than 50% MSRP before the CID is done.

She's not gonna win you any tournaments, but she's sure gonna be a lot more fun.

I already own her and I'm going to

e: Mak 3 has been my favorite of them since she came out and her CID buffs are insane to me. I love it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ehh you take mak1 so you can turn scarab packs into shield guards

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

But... scarab packs.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

I still want to try Mak 1 an a ton of soldiers or sentinels with shield guard auto with carapace.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Denny 0 and Croak Jr Warlock, Under Chief Myre , will be released at WMW.

Was really hoping for Sorscha 0....

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Ehh you take mak1 so you can turn scarab packs into shield guards

Or I can turn my gargantuan who gets speed boosts from taking damage into a shield guard

Which of course means double mammoth instead of hydra

S.J. fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 12, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For_Great_Justice posted:

I still want to try Mak 1 an a ton of soldiers or sentinels with shield guard auto with carapace.

Yeah the new spray bugs with her seem legit

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
How are minions these days? I loved Blindwater back during 2e, but haven't played 3e.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

LeSquide posted:

How are minions these days? I loved Blindwater back during 2e, but haven't played 3e.

They are great. I do wish they had a theme that let me mix and match all the units from both sub factions but other than that they have good models, good rules and good times.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

waah posted:

But... scarab packs.

Eh boostable attacks and 10 boxes is good mang. Also they are adorable uwu

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

S.J. posted:

Yeah the new spray bugs with her seem legit

Its something I've always wanted to drop in a heavy gun list. 6x bugs with arm 23-5 depending on krea placement. Shoot me now idiots. An bugs still have steady for no knock downs.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

LeSquide posted:

Blindwater is quite good because it has gotten a CID. Pigs aren't that great because they havethe last group of beasts to have not gotten overhauled since the launch of MK3.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

counterspin posted:

Blindwater is quite good because it has gotten a CID. Pigs aren't that great because they havethe last group of beasts to have not gotten overhauled since the launch of MK3.

I’m hoping that next year we get a Farrow CiD and expansion.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

why am I also restarting trolls

oh that's right it's because trolls are loving rad

e; someone throw Ragnor lists at my stupid face. he's my favorite

S.J. fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 13, 2018

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

why am I also restarting trolls

oh that's right it's because trolls are loving rad

e; someone throw Ragnor lists at my stupid face. he's my favorite

War Room Army

Trollblood - New Army

Theme: Band of Heroes
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Ragnor Skysplitter, the Runemaster - WB: +30
- Trollkin Runebearer - PC: 0
- Mountain King - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 30)
- Dire Troll Brawler - PC: 16

Horthol, Long Rider Hero - PC: 8
- Horthol, Long Rider Hero (Continued)

Trollkin Fennblades - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer - Officer & Drummer: 5
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3
Trollkin Champions - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
- Skaldi Bonehammer - PC: 0

THEME: Band of Heroes
---

GENERATED : 10/14/2018 01:47:47
BUILD ID : 2069.18-10-06

Smash face, get up in peoples faces and know that heroes never die.

My buddy was working on an anti shooting list and we came up with this Gunnbjorn list as well:

War Room Army

Trollblood - New Army

Captain Gunnbjorn - WB: +28
- Trollkin Runebearer - PC: 5
- Dozer & Smigg - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)

Fell Caller Hero - PC: 5
Fennblade Kithkar - PC: 4
Stone Scribe Chronicler - PC: 4
Feralgeist - PC: 2

- Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer - Officer & Drummer: 0
Sons of Bragg - Wrathar, Tor & Rhudd: 11

---

GENERATED : 10/14/2018 01:51:04

I played against this today and only won because of some bad dice rolls on my opponents side.

Being able to get 14 inches of no shooting was just brutal.

He wanted to try a list with no stone but if you feel like you need one then I’d swap out the SoB for them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

War Room Army

Trollblood - New Army

Ragnor Skysplitter, the Runemaster - WB: +30
- Trollkin Runebearer - PC: 0
- Mountain King - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 30)
- Dire Troll Brawler - PC: 16

- Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer - Officer & Drummer: 5
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3

---

GENERATED : 10/14/2018 01:47:47

Smash face, get up in peoples faces and know that heroes never die.

This is surprisingly close to what I was wanting to put into a list, I just can never tel looking at Troll lists how they're going to perform on the table. Is Horthol better here than, say, Fell Caller, Chronicler, or Champ solos?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Fell Caller and Champ solos can do good things, I just thought of a list that got rid of a lot of Troll support bloat that seems to be the norm in their list and wanted face punching action all the time.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That's definitely fair. Although one thing I've always kind of liked about a lot of troll support (well, Fell Callers anyways) is that they can still get quite a bit of work done.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I'm thinking of using this (along with a Irusk2 AK list pairing). Mind telling me your opinions please? And no, I sadly haven't got enough WG or IF to play more infantry based lists.
War Room Army

Khador - Hide and Seek

Theme: Jaws of the Wolf

Kommander Oleg Strakhov - WJ: +28
- Spriggan - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Destroyer - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Juggernaut - PC: 13
- Kodiak - PC: 13
- Juggernaut - PC: 13

Widowmaker Marksman - PC: 0
Yuri the Axe - PC: 0
Manhunter - PC: 4
Manhunter - PC: 4
Gobber Tinker - PC: 2

Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5
Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5
Widowmaker Scouts - Leader & 3 Grunts: 8
Battle Mechaniks - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5

THEME: Jaws of the Wolf
---

GENERATED : 10/15/2018 16:36:50

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm honestly not sure what to think. Relying on getting a significant alpha with his feat is gonna be very difficult with more than one jack, and you don't have infantry to screen with. I feel like you need more guns in your battlegroup so you can get in the fight early and not have to risk using your feet just to interact with your opponent. One destroyer and one spriggan isn't gonna put a check on anyone's game plan.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Would swapping a Juggernaut and the Tinker for a Decimator help?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

Would swapping a Juggernaut and the Tinker for a Decimator help?

The Decimator is still fairly short ranged on an already low SPD chassis. I'm thinking like, a second Destroyer or Behemoth or something along those lines. That being said, I think the basic idea of the list is at least worth trying out for a couple games. I just don't know how much I like Strakhov with that battlegroup.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

waah posted:

I am excited to have a week of having playable items only for the rest of the community to go overboard and say Skorne is OP and how can they possibly have good units this good? Then we'll have the last 3 weeks of of our CID ruined by people who will never play Skorne complaining about Skorne. Only to find out once CID is over that all the complainers kept Skorne from getting anything decent.

It's almost like I am a prophet or something.

:rip: all our Makeda3 dreams.

Her hand of death spell doesn't work on warbeasts anymore, only on warrior models.

Bullshit.

Gunbugs lose gun fighter.

Some stuff got cheaper but I am still mad.

All I have to hold onto is that Makeda3 took the nerf for the Mammoth.

Edit: Like i really don't understand changing Mak3 to what they did. They basically made her a more boring version of her earlier incarnation.

I'm not trying to be all overreaction here, but that was the fun of Mak3. One turn of dude surfing with Tibbers or Karn and then you lose to any opponent who sees it coming but at least you got to smash dudes.

Now uhh.. I guess you can send Hakaar to kill like 3 dudes, or you can get Mak3 super dead next turn while her beasts just kinda chill.

waah fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 16, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Overtake is useless on most decent combat warriors outside of exalted, since they'll make like two attacks at most. But an Ancestral Guardian with 3 souls to spend can get a good amount of work in, at least. Not that that really makes up for it. Incite is still insanely strong, though, despite the nerf. You can also cast it on multiple models in a turn, and if you have marketh, he can cast it for free.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 16, 2018

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

S.J. posted:

Overtake is useless on most decent combat warriors outside of exalted, since they'll make like two attacks at most. But an Ancestral Guardian with 3 souls to spend can get a good amount of work in, at least. Not that that really makes up for it. Incite is still insanely strong, though, despite the nerf. You can also cast it on multiple models in a turn, and if you have marketh, he can cast it for free.

Literally the only Skorne non-caster warrior models with multiple attacks who are playable in theme with Makeda (other than Marketh who's losing them) either (a) have easy access to side step as they are praetorian swordsmen or legends and can ignore tough in theme, (b) are ferox with leap, a 2" base, and a 2" reach one side and a bite the other and can ignore tough in theme, (c) are nihilators and not in a theme with Marketh (d) are Ancestral Guardians, or (e) are character models; Zaadesh, Hakaar, and Vorkesh.

This just feels like an absurdly lazy nerf. "That spell is causing problems? Let's nerf it and not even bother to see how it interacts with the faction". With the result her signature spell, the spell that tried to give her back her Mark 2 functionality, is pretty close to useless. I don't believe after that there's anyone on the PP dev team who even plays Skorne outside Exalted.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

neonchameleon posted:

Literally the only Skorne non-caster warrior models with multiple attacks who are playable in theme with Makeda (other than Marketh who's losing them) either (a) have easy access to side step as they are praetorian swordsmen or legends and can ignore tough in theme, (b) are ferox with leap, a 2" base, and a 2" reach one side and a bite the other and can ignore tough in theme, (c) are nihilators and not in a theme with Marketh (d) are Ancestral Guardians, or (e) are character models; Zaadesh, Hakaar, and Vorkesh.

This just feels like an absurdly lazy nerf. "That spell is causing problems? Let's nerf it and not even bother to see how it interacts with the faction". With the result her signature spell, the spell that tried to give her back her Mark 2 functionality, is pretty close to useless. I don't believe after that there's anyone on the PP dev team who even plays Skorne outside Exalted.

As I said to a friend, it's a change that stinks of Soles, since he can't design his way out of a paper bag.

Edit- and Nihilators are only in a theme she explicitly cant be used in.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I haven't been paying too much attention to the CID for armies I don't play. How does it usually shake out? Is it mostly the last iteration of things that goes live or do they ever go back to earlier tests for final?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I don't mind the change to Makeda really, although I probably would like to see a bit more compensatory buffs. Surfing a heavy was extremely strong (especially a heavy like Molik or Tiberion) and I can understand why they would be leary of it. Having it be a lower impact 1 cost spell that you use to get a bit more work out of Hakaar or an AG and then cause Makeda herself to become a dangerous threat on feat turn is a decent niche. I think what I'd ideally like to see is Makeda herself becoming a bit more durable so that you can get even more value out of Incite on a turn-to-turn basis and on feat turn she can realistically be able to do work without having to end the game then and there. Giving her Exalted handmaids 8 Hp+Guard Dog or something to that effect.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 16, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

neonchameleon posted:

I mean... thanks for saying in long form the point I was making I guess :v:

I just don't think it's quite as huge a deal, but we don't know for sure if it'll stick yet or not. I have the feeling that it will, but with Incite buffing everything including guns, I don't think it kills her ability to be played.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

S.J. posted:

I mean... thanks for saying in long form the point I was making I guess :v:

I just don't think it's quite as huge a deal, but we don't know for sure if it'll stick yet or not. I have the feeling that it will, but with Incite buffing everything including guns, I don't think it kills her ability to be played.

Oh, it doesn't kill her ability to be played. It just makes her boring and little more than a buff-bot when part of the charm of Mk2 Makeda3 was she was more like a cousin of the Butcher with interactions with animi (most notably Molik's Fate Walker and Vortex of Destruction as well as the old bronzeback's animus and her feat) that both made her extremely active and could only happen in Skorne. No caster with bulwark and incite is going to be terrible.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah, I 100% agree. My favorite thing about Makeda 3 was that she needed to live the dream in order to do well, but The Dream doesn't really exist anymore. Of course, it hasn't since her Mk3 incarnation, regardless, even last weeks CiD didn't really change that in my mind.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

My suggestion on the PP forums when told that Mk2 Makeda couldn't be recreated in Mk3 was that to play like her old self in Mk3 her kit should be something like Field Marshal: Overtake, her sword inflicting a -3 ARM debuff rather than having Blood Boon, either Flashing Blade or Thresher, and some sort of serious reposition ability that didn't take free strikes. Probably also bulwark.

Far more interesting than the direction PP are taking her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

neonchameleon posted:

some sort of serious reposition ability that didn't take free strikes.

Herserious reposition ability is Fate Walker though