Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Waffleman_ posted:

That's the general justification people have gone with, yeah. You have to want it.

polnareff discovered requiem stands because he dropped the arrow behind a cabinet and was using his stand to rummage around for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why does silver chariot still have legs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Damage is transferred from Stands to users, but not users to Stands, unless the user is killed or knocked unconscious, in which the Stand just disappears.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

somepartsareme posted:

polnareff discovered requiem stands because he dropped the arrow behind a cabinet and was using his stand to rummage around for it

lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

They're prosthetic legs

Just like Polnareff's

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Damage is transferred from Stands to users, but not users to Stands, unless the user is killed or knocked unconscious, in which the Stand just disappears.
So, if the user gets a chunk of them torn out directly, and that same spot is hit on the Stand later on, does it just not do anything?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would assume they'd get a phantom pain, at least.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

except when it doesn't, because gently caress the rules

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Except when it doesn't" is always understood when talking about Stands.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

"Except when it doesn't" is always understood when talking about Stands.

good point

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

For the figure and PS2 game, Part 5 Chariot's right hand and both feet are replaced with spikes. You don't actually get to see Silver Chariot from the waist down in the manga, but the right hand spike does appear in a couple of pages.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we're definitely gonna get to see that in action, the anime is showing a lot of added stuff that wasn't even in the manga in the first place already with these two eps

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

well i mean

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Here's a question: if the anime is comfortable adding this extra stuff, what are they gonna do about Fugo?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Purple Haze Feedback ova

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
PHF is bomb and I’ll applaud if David adapts it. Its biggest weakness is being a light novel meaning most people won’t bother and will miss out on how cool it is

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

Purple Haze Feedback ova

Like yeah, definitely, but I mean more if they're going to lean into that he was supposed to be the mole for the boss.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Johnny Joestar posted:

as a person who has read the manga i'm pretty hype about the anime as a whole because it's already added a bunch of neat little touches and you all are gonna see some crazy good fights in this part. part 4 has some good as hell ones as well but 5 has some really standout ones.

From the anime thread, but now that I think about it is there a single bad fight in all of part 5? Maybe Man in the Mirror? But even then there are great parts.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
everything after requiem shows up :smug:

also baby face

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Expect My Mom posted:

he punches him into an active trash compactor while under the effects of Gold Experience's slowed time sooooooo

yikes

Remembering that Gold Experience can do that to people while watching the ep today kinda made GE Requiem make more sense to me. It's like an exaggeration of that effect: instead of feeling a single punch for MUCH longer than the actual punch lasts, you feel DYING. FOREVER.

Still dunno why the gently caress Silver Chariot Requiem swaps peoples' souls around though :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah GER also works as a mirror to King Crimson. Where King Crimson erases the cause of actions but keeps the effect of what happened in the skipped time, GER continues to loop the cause, while never letting the effect stick, Diavolo is dying forever without ever actually dying.

Getting an animated Part 5 along with decent translations is going to do wonders for my opinion of it, things like understanding Gold Experiences life thing and seeing Giornos DIO-esque Charisma in today's ep have me so excited

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 13, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does that even look to another person? Is Diavolo just constantly appearing somewhere in the world, dying, and then teleporting somewhere else? How long until the phantom dying man becomes an international legend?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I believe its sending him through alternate realities. In one of the scenarios, the nurse refers to him by another name so he's either just spiraling through the multiverse or entering the conciousness of people in their final moments forever

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Expect My Mom posted:

Getting an animated Part 5 along with decent translations is going to do wonders for my opinion of it, things understand Gold Experiences life thing and seeing Giornos DIO-esque Charisma in today's ep have me so excited
Same. Giorno has been dead last in my JoJo list with zero wiggle room. I'm optimistic the anime will change my mind.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I thought the dying-forever effect was mostly king crimson and GER's effects hitting at the same time and breaking reality and GER's power itself was just "is fuckin invincible"

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

Same. Giorno has been dead last in my JoJo list with zero wiggle room. I'm optimistic the anime will change my mind.

Part 5 is one of my favorite parts, probably second to 7, but that's mainly because it's peak battles (6 goes overboard too much, imo), not because of Giorno, who is already kind of flat. Although I never did read the new translation, in anticipation of the anime.

However, Giorno is already way better to me in the anime because, animated, his personality is shining a bit more - and I can't wait to see the scenes where he keeps sacrificing himself over and over in battle and everyone keeps falling in love with him because of that.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darko posted:

Part 5 is one of my favorite parts, probably second to 7, but that's mainly because it's peak battles (6 goes overboard too much, imo), not because of Giorno, who is already kind of flat. Although I never did read the new translation, in anticipation of the anime.

However, Giorno is already way better to me in the anime because, animated, his personality is shining a bit more - and I can't wait to see the scenes where he keeps sacrificing himself over and over in battle and everyone keeps falling in love with him because of that.

yeah 6 is one of the very few parts with some straight-up bad fights(there's some really, really good ones there too though)

giorno's main problem is that bruno seems to have all the ACTUAL charisma and Cool poo poo

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Just want to point out that the arrow plothole isn't a plothole since the Requiem Arrow is its own unique arrow with a unique design and Requiem giving abilities.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i can't wait for abbachio to call giorno a stupid rear end in a top hat every time he opens his mouth while fugo is mutilating narancia with a fork and slamming a stapler into mista's gut to stitch up his wounds

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m just here for the dance, baby

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Szmitten posted:

Just want to point out that the arrow plothole isn't a plothole since the Requiem Arrow is its own unique arrow with a unique design and Requiem giving abilities.

Is it? I thought all the arrows were the same.

Also the whole thing with Kira stabbing himself by accident while not technically a plothole is still a thread that part 5 skirts really close to but never addresses.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

somepartsareme posted:

everything after requiem shows up :smug:

also baby face

baby face does just suck for multiple reasons and i'd be fine with the anime replacing those 2 episodes or so with the gang eating at a roadside deli

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Is the part of the OP where chains keep looping over Narancia and then he's walking towards to the light with the classic JoJo Ghost Fog supposed to be referencing his death or am I reaching? This OP feels a little less visually foreshadowing than the others, but also it's hard to imagine that Cruel Angel's Thesis 2 will only be for 13 episodes

e: god now I'm paranoid at the blood dripping from Giorno's hand at the beginning and then making puddles on the ground without ever been seen actually hitting the ground. Isn't that a thing, where they finally figure out what King Crimson does by noticing some blood dripping or something?

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 13, 2018

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'd be surprised if this was the opening for very long, considering how little is actually going on in it. I actually think the visuals are kind of... boring, to be totally honest. All they do is show the main characters and while they are cool, I have never particularly been a fan of openings that just show characters using their abilities.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Momomo posted:

I'd be surprised if this was the opening for very long, considering how little is actually going on in it. I actually think the visuals are kind of... boring, to be totally honest. All they do is show the main characters and while they are cool, I have never particularly been a fan of openings that just show characters using their abilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get 3 OPs like DiU had. Maybe this one until Bruno vs KC, second until Cioccolata and Secco.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I’d love for OP2 to be a character opening for the squadra instead

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get 3 OPs like DiU had. Maybe this one until Bruno vs KC, second until Cioccolata and Secco.

That's what I'm expecting, since we see Trish in this but not Spice Girls. I can't imagine they'd put in less openings than the previous part.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah, in terms of interesting visual language, it's def the weakest (Go back and look at Chase which is doing things like showing bloody suitcases, implying Kira targets primarily tourists in Morioh, something that's never actually said), but the animation is really good. The ten seconds of Mista shooting, Abbachio rewinding the bullet leaving the background empty for Aerosmith to come soaring down Narancia's arms creating a cloud of smoke that leads into Purple Haze creating a BIGGER cloud of smoke that clears the way for Sticky Fingers to pop in, all on these intense surreal backgrounds, just looks really kinetic and fun to me

I don't even know if we'll get to Trish in 13 episodes but I don't remember at all the structure of Part 5

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

I’m just here for the dance, baby

I wonder if they will use the ED for the dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Momomo posted:

Is it? I thought all the arrows were the same.

Also the whole thing with Kira stabbing himself by accident while not technically a plothole is still a thread that part 5 skirts really close to but never addresses.

The requiem arrow does look different; it has the ladybug symbol on it or something. Can't remember exactly.