Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The same reason some people get scared to fart around others in the bathroom.

I think its a cool idea, thought I dont suffer from it.

So cannabinoids can be absorbed through the butt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Vaginal suppository. It's a way to get around FDA approval since tampons are a medical device and require it. I think they finally approved the first CBD product so it's not exactly easy.

The interest is in finding something other than pills for menstrual cramps and since some cramps are caused by the tampons themselves.

Edit: There are taxes on tampons and female hygiene products in the US, no need to make being female illegal if you're going to do that. I ran into a lot of anger at the cost of products they dont have much choice in using while any mention of it is swept under the rug or painted over since everyone doesnt want to talk about it, thus the educational portion. Homeless women tear up pads and save them because cleanliness is a huge issue, tampons aren't a good fit for them. God forbid you're in a country where menstruation is looked down upon and women can't go to school because of it or resort to dried husks or grass for lack of products/money.

Like I said, a lot of learning about menstruation this quarter!

lightpole fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 13, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What if we just make being a woman illegal?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Soulex posted:

The same reason some people get scared to fart around others in the bathroom.
I once got a disbelieving "really, dude?" from a stranger after farting in a men's room. If not here, where? People are weird.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

lightpole posted:

Vaginal suppository. It's a way to get around FDA approval since tampons are a medical device and require it. I think they finally approved the first CBD product so it's not exactly easy.

The interest is in finding something other than pills for menstrual cramps and since some cramps are caused by the tampons themselves.

Edit: There are taxes on tampons and female hygiene products in the US, no need to make being female illegal if you're going to do that. I ran into a lot of anger at the cost of products they dont have much choice in using while any mention of it is swept under the rug or painted over since everyone doesnt want to talk about it, thus the educational portion. Homeless women tear up pads and save them because cleanliness is a huge issue, tampons aren't a good fit for them. God forbid you're in a country where menstruation is looked down upon and women can't go to school because of it or resort to dried husks or grass for lack of products/money.

Like I said, a lot of learning about menstruation this quarter!

Have you thought about tinctures? I know that cannabinoids are difficult to be absorbed transdermally, but if its going inside, it might be better? I know the idea is to make it inclusive, but what if the product were a salve or oil instead to also appeal to the people who wear pads. My wife takes CBD for menstral stuff and loves it.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Soulex posted:

Have you thought about tinctures? I know that cannabinoids are difficult to be absorbed transdermally, but if its going inside, it might be better? I know the idea is to make it inclusive, but what if the product were a salve or oil instead to also appeal to the people who wear pads. My wife takes CBD for menstral stuff and loves it.

Going to see where the women in the group want to go with it, there's plenty of options just limited resources. We definitely did not start out with CBD in mind so we are moving in interesting directions.

a cool fox
Sep 7, 2015
Just got accepted, starting in Spring 2019, NYC for environmental studies.

How do I not be a walking representation of every negative military stereotype during my first week?

Related: http://columbiafederalist.com/home/2018/10/11/gs-student-in-seminar-must-have-killed-a-man-to-be-this-confident

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Don't wear an assault pack, don't knife hand everybody, and don't call people "fuckers" (even though many of them are). You'll be fine.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Naked Bear posted:

Don't wear an assault pack, don't knife hand everybody, and don't call people "fuckers" (even though many of them are). You'll be fine.

No moto T-shirt’s or patch hats either

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Make sure you keep a fat dip lip in at all times

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Make sure you keep a fat dip lip in at all times

Why does everyone do this?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
My supervisor found out I was in the military and he won’t stop saying cringey poo poo to me now. It’s loving annoying, I wish I was a better liar.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's really easy to pick out prior military people if you know what you're looking for, unless they're exceptionally good at hiding it and even then. It's a taint that will never leave fully.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Grow a mighty and well oiled beard.

a cool fox
Sep 7, 2015
Awesome, I’m 80% there minus the vocab thing, still trying to convert my gently caress and motherfucker based Morse code into “isn’t this a pickle!” And “you goofball!”

Edit: also I’m using this as a benchmark of optimism before I come running back asking why didn’t I stay in but branch txfr to coast guard

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Few people think I'm ex military because I don't breathe through my mouth or mention my enlistment on a weekly basis

Edit: if you just say nothing whenever you're about to mention the military people will just think you're normal

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just applied to the honors society for my major because I thought that 2.99 would be taken as a 3.0. Nope. Apparently that .01 counts. What the gently caress?

:(

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

a cool fox posted:

Just got accepted, starting in Spring 2019, NYC for environmental studies.

How do I not be a walking representation of every negative military stereotype during my first week?

Related: http://columbiafederalist.com/home/2018/10/11/gs-student-in-seminar-must-have-killed-a-man-to-be-this-confident

Don't associate with the MilVets group. They're a walking dramabomb

a cool fox
Sep 7, 2015

Deathy McDeath posted:

Now we’re talkin’ (and thank you, my #1 priority since leaving MI has been to avoid dramabombs)

If you’re a CU alumni or student, wanna PM me or post the lowdown here? I’m thrilled obv. but I’m also a dummy who’s served since 17

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

Shoulda told me before I started loving with them Deathy, wtf.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

a cool fox posted:

Now we’re talkin’ (and thank you, my #1 priority since leaving MI has been to avoid dramabombs)

If you’re a CU alumni or student, wanna PM me or post the lowdown here? I’m thrilled obv. but I’m also a dummy who’s served since 17

a cool fox has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

a cool fox
Sep 7, 2015

Viva Miriya posted:

a cool fox has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

fixed, am an idiot, shukran ya akhi

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
CU has a good set of veteran student benefits so that if you're attending school there and are using the GI bill for your undergraduate degree you should get quite a bit of money back in the form of grants. This is all provided that you don't have any other source of income that would affect your financial aid eligibility

They also have a veteran services department that also offers a scholarship for veterans with above a 3.0 I think.

Other than that Boulder is a bland rear end town that is expensive to live in. Hiking and snowboarding are both awesome in the area, as is cycling and mountain biking. Generally it's a really nice place to live.

a cool fox
Sep 7, 2015

Kawasaki Nun posted:

CU has a good set of veteran student benefits so that if you're attending school there and are using the GI bill for your undergraduate degree you should get quite a bit of money back in the form of grants. This is all provided that you don't have any other source of income that would affect your financial aid eligibility

They also have a veteran services department that also offers a scholarship for veterans with above a 3.0 I think.

Other than that Boulder is a bland rear end town that is expensive to live in. Hiking and snowboarding are both awesome in the area, as is cycling and mountain biking. Generally it's a really nice place to live.

I got excited for a second...Columbia University, but I'm in Colorado Springs right now and Boulder intel checks out 10/10

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

a cool fox posted:

I got excited for a second...Columbia University, but I'm in Colorado Springs right now and Boulder intel checks out 10/10

drat baby my fault

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I play Powerball so I can dream about getting a PhD at School of Mines and just hanging out in the foothills for a few years.

a cool fox
Sep 7, 2015

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I play Powerball so I can dream about getting a PhD at School of Mines and just hanging out in the foothills for a few years.

To each their own, I really prefer Montana and Wyoming and Washington foothills/mountains, to say nothing of New Mexico. Colorado kind of soured on me largely as a function of meeting boring potheads (but I’m sure Mines won’t va r that issue as bad!)

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I almost did my MS at Mines. If you have state residence its dirt cheap for a master's. I didn't check PhD prices. Also, my undergrad was high stress and male so I think I made the right choice. Otherwise I would have been up in the mountains living with a friend who works at Coors and cutting as much class as possible to be outside.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hi guys I went to Metropolitan State University of Denver. May I join in on your conversation?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

a cool fox posted:

To each their own, I really prefer Montana and Wyoming and Washington foothills/mountains, to say nothing of New Mexico. Colorado kind of soured on me largely as a function of meeting boring potheads (but I’m sure Mines won’t va r that issue as bad!)

It's more just what I know of Civ E programs At School of Mines. I love Montana, would be totally okay hanging out in a circle between Missoula and the Palouse.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Grem posted:

Hi guys I went to Metropolitan State University of Denver. May I join in on your conversation?

Well Denver is awesome (but expensive *sad face*) so of course!

Denver Biscuit Company top 5 biscuit by the way.

1. Southern Grandma
2. Tudors
3. Denver Biscuit Company
4. Wawa
5. Chick-fil-A

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I also have been to colorado. Grand Junction.

Well thanks for listening!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

a cool fox posted:

How about you PM ME you fuckin weirdo???

Edit: I graduated in 2016 so my info will be a tiny bit dated

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Excellent. I got an immunizations hold for my last semester, my fourth one here, when I submitted proof during my first one on campus.

I now understand how Marines felt when we lost their medical records at the BAS. :v:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

I met one guy in community college that checked virtually every box. Field jacket with the stupid-big 1st Cav patch. He had half the class cringing during his turn at "tell us about yourself" the first day.

He never came back to that class again, and I've never seen him again in my life.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
This is the start of the eigth week of the semester, and the VA finally processed my Ch 33 claim. School still hasn't been paid but at least it looks like one months BAH and book stipend are coming this week.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Still haven't gotten certification yet, lol.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

How about you PM ME you fuckin weirdo???

Edit: I graduated in 2016 so my info will be a tiny bit dated

yo hop on discord bby i left you some messages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
poo poo, looks like I got certified on around Friday, school got paid, I got paid. Well, I got paid a bunch of random figures which is pretty usual and adds up in the end.