Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
New scenario coming soon: https://forums.funcom.com/t/initiating-forum-simulation-initiating-dev-letter-simulation-standby/35803

I guess that's cool if you like scenarios (does anyone?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Ossipago posted:

New scenario coming soon: https://forums.funcom.com/t/initiating-forum-simulation-initiating-dev-letter-simulation-standby/35803

I guess that's cool if you like scenarios (does anyone?).
No but I think that's the point of the new type. :v:

Fighting endless waves does sound more fun than the current "protect the idiots" scenarios, to be fair.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Well poo poo only took what 5 years?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The new scenarios are live and they're infinitely more fun than the old ones. The rewards are weird though - you get a reward for the last wave you clear plus a smaller bonus for every 3 before that (that scales with tier?) but the main rewards only increase in value every odd numbered wave. :confuoot:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Halloween event is live and they added in the broadcast mission from SWL. So at this rate in 3 more years we'll have all the SWL missions in place. At least the pale horse is guaranteed. I always wanted that mount.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Ossipago posted:

Halloween event is live and they added in the broadcast mission from SWL. So at this rate in 3 more years we'll have all the SWL missions in place. At least the pale horse is guaranteed. I always wanted that mount.

What do you have to do to get it?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Meallan posted:

What do you have to do to get it?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The Presenter is no joke. I don't think I'll be getting the achievement (solo him on hardest difficulty). Had to take it down to E3 from E5 and use the radio trick just to kill him.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Sekenr posted:

The Presenter is no joke. I don't think I'll be getting the achievement (solo him on hardest difficulty). Had to take it down to E3 from E5 and use the radio trick just to kill him.
At least the two "kill him without breaking any radios" achievements (no idea why there are two lol) can be done on any difficulty. I found the most success using my occult defence scenarios build - full aoe damage (so it took a while to actually kill the fucker) for clearing the ghosts with expose and a damage buff, though it leans quite heavily on my signet of cruel delight for healing. Definitely don't (re)engage the presenter until you've broken the radio in the room he's in though, he'll just stand and heal himself until you're ready but he's much easier to deal with once there's no ghosts.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pilchenstein posted:

At least the two "kill him without breaking any radios" achievements (no idea why there are two lol) can be done on any difficulty. I found the most success using my occult defence scenarios build - full aoe damage (so it took a while to actually kill the fucker) for clearing the ghosts with expose and a damage buff, though it leans quite heavily on my signet of cruel delight for healing. Definitely don't (re)engage the presenter until you've broken the radio in the room he's in though, he'll just stand and heal himself until you're ready but he's much easier to deal with once there's no ghosts.

The stacking buffs one is max difficulty only I believe.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Hypocrisy posted:

The stacking buffs one is max difficulty only I believe.
Possibly, it doesn't specify that it needs to be done on max difficulty but I think I did it on there anyway on both characters. :v:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Stacking buff requires e5+. I did a hammer/chaos build based around a sustain tank guide on the official forums and could knock out all three related achievements together, but the fight took 20 minutes.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Today's patch has reduced the health of the radios by a third and stopped them from spawning extra ghosts when they hit 50% hp, so it should be a bit easier now at least.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Too bad I already did it. Bright side, got to use my wings 3 times.

I'd still suggest not doing it alone.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

But than you won't get the achievement

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sekenr posted:

But than you won't get the achievement

Really? I could have sworn you could still get the max debuff/don't destroy radio achievements even grouped up. Oh well, much needed nerfs for less optimized players then.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Hypocrisy posted:

Really? I could have sworn you could still get the max debuff/don't destroy radio achievements even grouped up. Oh well, much needed nerfs for less optimized players then.
He means the achievement for killing him at max level on your own. :v:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Dark Agartha coming in two weeks. Not sure what type of content this is, but it means we've had the agent system, South Africa, and the new scenario in the past year, plus this now. That's honestly not a bad drip of new stuff.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It only took like five years for new scenarios!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

South Africa? Did they put in a new zone? I should probably play a bit of this again, get more value out of that lifetime sub.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ossipago posted:

Dark Agartha coming in two weeks. Not sure what type of content this is, but it means we've had the agent system, South Africa, and the new scenario in the past year, plus this now. That's honestly not a bad drip of new stuff.

Yeah, it's a solid amount of new content. I'm pretty surprised since it sounded rather dire at Funcom.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

South Africa? Did they put in a new zone? I should probably play a bit of this again, get more value out of that lifetime sub.

Yup, new zone. The story actually continues post Kaiden.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
It's the most Funcom thing ever but if you follow the news link about Dark Agartha when you log in, the video won't play in the in-game browser that opens :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
So Dark Agartha arrives tomorrow, it's a solo instanced race to defeat four bosses and the rewards let you bump your glyphs up to 4 pips.

https://www.secretworldlegends.com/2018/11/13/dark-agartha-deep-dive

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Dark Agartha is...interesting. It's basically a solo raid with no trash, just a few boss fights. They are pretty challenging, so if you pick a difficulty based on your max item power you're going to need a proper build and tactics. Choosing 1-2 tiers below your max IP makes it a lot more doable, but you still have to pay attention. You get a free 4 pip imbuer just for the initial mission, so it's worth doing once for that and content tourism. You need 300 fragments to buy another imbuer, and it scales somewhere from 5-10 going from e1 to e5. So it's going to take a lot of trips for most people and it's gated to only once per day.

After that first freebie though, the AP/SP cost to enter is prohibitive if you haven't filled every skill tree. It's very much a point dump for maxed players with nothing else to spend it on. The jump in stats is also not going to matter to most players, even at endgame. In chat they were estimating about 1% increase. If you're running e10s already it might make some go slightly faster, but I don't know who really cares at this point.

Unless they add a new raid, or maybe return the missing dungeons where stats matter.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Does the 4-pip glyph imbuer work on any pip-number of glyph? If so, looking forward to the crash of the 3-pip glyph market.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Hello Sailor posted:

Does the 4-pip glyph imbuer work on any pip-number of glyph? If so, looking forward to the crash of the 3-pip glyph market.
3 pip only and the glyph has to be epic or better quality too.

Ossipago posted:

In chat they were estimating about 1% increase.
Because of the way glyph stats work, there is a single correct build of 1 hit, 5 crit chance, 2 crit power - with that setup, all of them at legendary level 20, you have enough hit to never glance in e10, 50% crit chance and 170% crit damage and (importantly) hit the soft caps for crit chance/crit power. So at maxed out gear, the extra stats from the 4th pip get hugely reduced for going over the cap and give something like 0.8% crit chance and 2% crit damage. Hit doesn't have a cap but the increase is only useful if you're going beyond e10 in occult defence scenarios.

So yeah, the rewards for the new endgame mode are actually less useful if you've already maxed everything out. :v:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Winter event is up. Fun if you've never done it before and/or aren't burnt out on the game.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ossipago posted:

if you've never done it before
There's actually a new event this year, with seasonal champions and an investigation mission.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The new investigation mission was pretty fun.

It's funny watching the debate between the tech people and the ground people over their Cipher. Almost made me feel bad for wiping them out.

poem.txt posted:

My heart beats faster

It beats for you

Big and ready

Just for you

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
The new content was nice, hopefully we get more like that with each event. The other bonuses--increased distillate XP, no limit on chest keys, etc. that they've been rotating are also nice and make it feel worthwhile to login during the holiday. Servers are more populated than I'd expect them to be. Maybe the new game director is actually good and will keep the game alive long enough for the next zone (please be Congo)?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ossipago posted:

The new content was nice, hopefully we get more like that with each event. The other bonuses--increased distillate XP, no limit on chest keys, etc. that they've been rotating are also nice and make it feel worthwhile to login during the holiday. Servers are more populated than I'd expect them to be. Maybe the new game director is actually good and will keep the game alive long enough for the next zone (please be Congo)?

He's a great guy and super good for the health of the game IMO

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

What an incredible thing it was

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I'm guessing it's because there's not much demand among the few remaining players, but agent dossiers have dropped dramatically in price on the market. Some going for under 2k. I feel like anyone who cared about maxing their agents has probably already done so, but if not here you go.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ossipago posted:

I'm guessing it's because there's not much demand among the few remaining players
It's actually because occult defence scenarios are popular since they added group mode. Regular agents still sell for tens/hundreds of thousands, it's just the ones from stonehenge that have crashed in price. :eng101:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

How is the health of the game these days? Friend trying to get me to play but I haven't really looked at it since before they launched the reboot.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
There's always plenty of people around, if that's what you're asking. There's an extra (much smaller) story zone that wasn't there in the original plus a new scenario type and a randomised daily solo challenge dungeon. They also did a joke patch yesterday that has a lot of people furious because how dare the devs waste time on things like that instead of toiling in the content mines. :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

There's always plenty of people around, if that's what you're asking. There's an extra (much smaller) story zone that wasn't there in the original plus a new scenario type and a randomised daily solo challenge dungeon. They also did a joke patch yesterday that has a lot of people furious because how dare the devs waste time on things like that instead of toiling in the content mines. :v:

To be fair I still haven't forgiven them for the mankini.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Small drip of new content but it sounded like an April fools so I didn't realize it was real. TSWDB is trying to break it down: https://www.tswdb.com/news/update-2.3.2-shenanigans/

Death of a Game has done a video on TSW now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sewl0u66lQ

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ossipago posted:

Death of a Game has done a video on TSW now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sewl0u66lQ
I'm watching this now, but I can save you a bit of time on the real answer:

"A design philosophy built almost from the ground up to maximize the cost of creating new content while not incentivizing giving the company money"

edit: Eyyyy he did sorta get to it halfway through

Basically we made 3 different types of niche products at the same time, and also hand-crafted a game that made you run out of stuff to do

uggghh he gets really stupid when he gets to Legends

double edit: I don't work there anymore, BTW

this guy's hero worship of Ragnar and attribution of all the good ideas to him is, from my discussions with other people who work there, not accurate.

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

theflyingorc posted:

uggghh he gets really stupid when he gets to Legends
I don't think he's actually played the relaunch, what with decrying the addition of classes. :v: