Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
It's not a ladybug.

But it IS a stag beetle, which is pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

each one of them has a different design, it means nothing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They'll probably just have Golden Experience catch the arrow or something rather than taking it through the hand.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Are you a bad enough dude to keep your phone still for a day?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If I'm not at work, I don't touch my mobile so I could do that easily. I've done it 5 times this week :v:

Also read out a rough estimate placing Trish at around episode 9.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I came to that myself, considering the last two episodes have covered 4 chapters each.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Expect My Mom posted:

I don't even know if we'll get to Trish in 13 episodes but I don't remember at all the structure of Part 5

Trish isn't far off IIRC. We have the bit with the lighter, then meet the gang, they go on the boat trip to Capri, fight some dudes, and then when they get the toilet money is when she is introduced.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hmm okay, cool. I feel like Black Sabbath will take two episodes, with the introduction to Polpo and then lighter hijinx, and maybe we meet the boys at the end of Episode 4. Then we have the fight on the boat, Kraftwerk, Illuso, Littlefeet etc. I feel like Part 3 has really conditioned me with it's pacing even after Part 4 where I feel like everything will take forever

anyway now i'm imagining the end of the White Album episode, they play the credits over Giorno killing Ghaccio and then just play Freek'N You over the blowjob scene

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think the op changes after the metallica fight/abbachios death.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it's definitely changing to at least include Diavolo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can see the OP changing when Fugo fucks off and then changing again when Polnareff enters the picture.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I heard this thread is horny for livereactions. Behold as I catch up with Jojolion from Chapter 69.

I forgot how messed up the stand user rockman was, holy poo poo.
Right, right, rokakaka will help these guys gain more power, likely by removing their weakness of being rockmen.
loving crossbow with forks. I bet Jolyne would've loved this.
I forgot there was a loving tank stand involved also.
Okay, no, wait, he's being runover by a tank and punctured all over by the little hook things. There's no way to get out of this??
"Do you know what I'm trying to do with my Doggy Style, Josuke?" that's a very normal sentence and a natural way to remember what his stand name was.
Oooh same-ish stand.
Oh god the child old man and the toyhouse. Okay, I did make it like halfway through that fight last time i was reading.
:stare: i forgot the yasuho flashback stuff :stare:
hey, yeah, joshu and his fish sausages, yeah let's go in on that and relax a bit.
Okay, yeah, messing with pressure, outside low inside high, this must be the last chapter i read.
Well. That's probably a first. Long range stand user ignoring the fight by giving head. There's something magical about going down on a girl and getting a call from the enemy stand user.
"Josuke will see the orchid burn! And he will take action! We are definitely taking the path of righteousness!" Jobin said, as Josuke pukes blood behind a door.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 14, 2018

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Expect My Mom posted:

Gold Experience gets stabbed with the arrow and nothing happens which is absolutely not what happens later on, I hope they change it

The arrow only grants power to those who are worthy, and Giorno wasn't worthy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like with other things related to the arrows i always kind of figured it had to do with intent and personal growth. like how kira despaired so much the arrow shot into him and expanded his power due to the sheer amount of desire he had to live a quiet life.

ultimately it's probably just ~whatever~ but it's open enough to be able to reliably interpret it that way, as far as i see it. kinda hope they just change it a bit to have him catch the arrow during black sabbath, yeah.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

TheLoneStar posted:

Same. Giorno has been dead last in my JoJo list with zero wiggle room. I'm optimistic the anime will change my mind.

I like Giorno a lot (in case you couldn't tell) but it's largely because of the interactions he has with the rest of the cast, rather than stuff that Giorno himself does.

Xad posted:

Still dunno why the gently caress Silver Chariot Requiem swaps peoples' souls around though :v:

Cuts souls out of bodies, but since souls can't exist outside bodies they move to the nearest available one.

Dragonwagon posted:

Trish isn't far off IIRC. We have the bit with the lighter, then meet the gang, they go on the boat trip to Capri, fight some dudes, and then when they get the toilet money is when she is introduced.

She doesn't get Spice Girl until much later, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm curious when you say Giorno isn't worthy yet, because I struggle to think what big changes he goes through or lessons he learns other than dealing with loss, but my memory of Part 5 is p. Bad

But yeah ultimately its space rock that gives you a magic ghost so lack of consistency is fine, but through a meta lens, I feel you can chalk it up to writing a story week to week and it would be less of a headache if they change it rather than adhere closely. They're getting bolder and bolder with pacing and taking good liberties with presenting scenes to the point where the 39 episodes quality crunch is the only thing keeping me from saying the anime is of totally equal quality. (The Part 4 blurays arent on Crunchyroll right? That's never been a thing they do I'm pretty sure)

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 14, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

fractalairduct posted:

Cuts souls out of bodies, but since souls can't exist outside bodies they move to the nearest available one.
Why do the normal people turn into monsters or fall asleep

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part of me is kind of hoping they've had time to reliably crank out episodes since the first one premiered a little while ago. the occasional shot in part 4 never really bothered me but if they've gotten the chance to not be rushed this go-around it'll be cool. hell, the anime-only additions so far have been great.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

Why do the normal people turn into monsters or fall asleep

Soul's

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

giorno's truly dio's son. He, like his father, saw a familial structure to infiltrate, and depose of those in command so he could sit atop it. Giorno the Invader.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

each one of them has a different design, it means nothing

it probably hurts a lot to get stabbed by, before a magic ghost comes out of your brain and starts turning people's fingers into twizzlers or whatever anyway

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nothing about requiem stands makes sense and it's a good thing they were dropped by the end of part 5. there was a lot of potential for something cool, like maybe the stands gaining a bit of their own independence inherently and the users having to convince them to fight with them, but what we got kind of sucks. and unlike act stands getting an actually really cool one in part 7 i don't have confidence in requiem stands being workable unless heavily edited.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

I'm curious when you say Giorno isn't worthy yet, because I struggle to think what big changes he goes through or lessons he learns other than dealing with loss, but my memory of Part 5 is p. Bad

He goes from being all about his dream to protecting his loved ones (the rest of the gang) by the time he stabs himself with the Requiem arrow. It's not really said outright, but you can kinda tell it stopped being about taking over the gang around the time it was becoming clear just how bad Diavolo was and the lengths he'd go to to protect his identity.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The arrow decided that Giorno was worthy enough to deus ex machina the gently caress out of Diavolo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

BaDandy posted:

He goes from being all about his dream to protecting his loved ones (the rest of the gang) by the time he stabs himself with the Requiem arrow. It's not really said outright, but you can kinda tell it stopped being about taking over the gang around the time it was becoming clear just how bad Diavolo was and the lengths he'd go to to protect his identity.
Hmm okay yeah I assumed it was some Power of Friendship

I hope to actually be able to catch that kinda stuff this time, right now I'd be pretty boned if you put a gun to my head and made me list Giornos character traits. Like I could do Arabia Fats better probably

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

- drinks piss
- wants to steal 100 cars

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
- thinks that the best way to avoid a stand user who can freeze stuff is to drive into water

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

FirstAidKite posted:

- thinks that the best way to avoid a stand user who can freeze stuff is to drive into water

Large, flowing bodies of water don't actually freeze that fast and even then, ice is less dense than liquid water so it would float. So his main mistake was thinking that the laws of physics apply to Stand users, when they don't.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The part 4 dub had "I feel you deeply" but not "No dignity"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

god Giorno instantly turning around to Mista and going "uhhh I hosed up dude" is so loving funny

that and their "Hey, you're fifteen right? How do you know how to drive?" "Oh I don't."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know looking back I don't really remember much about what Giorno actually does during Part 5 outside of the usual highlights (vs. Bruno, that cockamamie thing he and Mista do during White Album, the big MUDA storm, punting Diavolo to Hell.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think from what I remember of when I was reading through the series, 5 was when I was starting to get a bit fatigued, and the bad translation and battle-heavy nature of the arc didn't help.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
in my memory, he's more of a character to play off of than a super active personality like Mista or Narancia. Passione is also just more of a team so the quieter ones like Abbachio and Giorno don't stick as well in my brain

Later I'll be an idiot and count up all the fights in Part 5 and see who is in the most

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 14, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

Hmm okay yeah I assumed it was some Power of Friendship

I hope to actually be able to catch that kinda stuff this time, right now I'd be pretty boned if you put a gun to my head and made me list Giornos character traits. Like I could do Arabia Fats better probably

Giorno reads people extremely well and has a ridiculously strong sense of right along with his father's ends justify the means mentality - but that also entails that the means include sacrificing himself to reach those ends and total trust in his friends to the point where they all decide he is a guy they can follow.

Thats also why the crew is built up more than him; it's more about how he can draw these wild personalities in, and once he does, how all these crazy guys overcome even crazier guys.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

in my memory, he's more of a character to play off of than a super active personality like Mista or Narancia. Passione is also just more of a team so the quieter ones like Abbachio and Giorno don't stick as well in my brain

Later I'll be an idiot and count up all the fights in Part 5 and see who is in the most

giorno edges out mista and narancia but not by much

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I forget, how did they find the gang again for the white album fight what with the 100 stolen cars thing?

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
I think they restored the photo from its ashes and figured out they had to be going to Venice?

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
The other thing to consider is that a stand needs to take possession of the arrow to go Requiem. For example, Polnareff manages to reverse Silver Chariot's transformation by taking the arrow out of its hands before it finishes transforming. I think the fact that the arrow in the Black Sabbath fight is like, part of Black Sabbath might make that kind of difficult.

Anyway, it would be a pretty big loophole if any sufficiently powerful stand user could beat Black Sabbath by sticking their hand in its mouth.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think the point behind Black Sabbath was to fight against non-stand users. If they already had a stand going into the fight, that certainly wasn't the expected result. It seemed like it was designed so that people trying to enter the gang would either

1. gently caress up, get attacked by Black Sabbath, live, get a stand, join the gang
2. gently caress up, get attacked b y Black Sabbath, die from the arrow wound
3. Never gently caress up with the lighter at all, meaning they were so good at doing this one particular thing that they would probably make for a good crony (I like to think that this is why Luca was around, that he was just that good at keeping a lighter lit for 24 hours)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's entirely the point of black sabbath, yes

it's a trial by fire for anyone looking to get into the gang