Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that was a marketing stunt. the clintons attended his wedding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maowkilRvZE

"you've got david duke just joined. a bigot, a racist, a problem. this is not exactly the people you want in your party. buchanan's a disaster, as we covered."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
The people who are so eager to ally with the NeverTrumpers are the people who don't think there's anything wrong with normal conservatives aside from minor political disagreements - that Trump and only Trump is the problem. After all, Trump's actual policies aren't much different from Bush's.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Main Paineframe posted:

The people who are so eager to ally with the NeverTrumpers are the people who don't think there's anything wrong with normal conservatives aside from minor political disagreements - that Trump and only Trump is the problem. After all, Trump's actual policies aren't much different from Bush's.

Granted, a large part of it is just tone, if Trump did everything he was doing in a conventional manner, the opposition would be significantly less.

It is also why 2020 is going to be almost certainly going to be a trash fire, and honestly, don't see it how it can't be one at this point especially with Warren probably running. I think I became numb to an extent because well you can see that the next 10 years at least are going to be complete poo poo. The Democrats are going to stubbornly refuse to change, and have the tools to give then at least a taste of power while far and away actually be able or willing to accomplish anything useful.

Edit:

I use to think if Bernie had 4 years with a Congress that would work with him, it might stabilize the situation a bit. That is before Kavanaugh got nominated.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 14, 2018

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/revoltpolitic/status/1051455296902705153?s=21

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

No Bernie I'd rather give them savings plans for health care that won't cover them, and would enjoy that the banking industry remains more insulated from oversight than any other sector of the economy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, I think taking out full page ads calling for the execution of black people is actually above average racism tbh. He also was running for that one weird racist third party label in 2000 or 1996, wasn’t he?

Well, I'd say that's about average racism (in our country, anyways), just with a lot of money behind it.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

quote:

Perhaps Sanders shouldn’t have named the act for Bezos (and I don’t say that because I am writing this piece for The Post).

lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's super awesome that Democrats are spending more time saying Republicans are cool and good as opposed to trying to do something about more and more Red States purging voters knowing that no one is going to do anything about it while our garbage SCOTUS sits back and laughs.

I'm kinda coming to the opinion the Democrats are going to be locked out of power indefinitely until the country devolves into a fascist one party state (making them totally irrelevant) or something really bad happens when people realize that there is literally no way to influence government through voting. I guess it comes down to how succesful the GOP is at stealing this election through Jim Crow 2.0 that no one in government seems to be acknowledging. The Third Way faction has been fiddling their thumbs for over twenty years while the Republicans were at war with the country and we are seeing the results of their political malpractice.

It's hard not to remember that this is because of John Roberts and Bush Jr when you see Democrats lining up to say how they are both respectable because TRUMP.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 14, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't know what other thread to put this:

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1051582942462525440

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The party of women.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Clintons need to REALLY go away.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Radish posted:

The Clintons need to REALLY go away.

They were influential in the 80's in the party but was it really the 80's or the 90's that they kind of made the party as it is now?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Best presidents.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I dunno, it's a step up from her calling a kid who was raped a lying slut as a lawyer, see guys she's evolving

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I dunno, it's a step up from her calling a kid who was raped a lying slut as a lawyer

uh whut

E: nvm just looked it up and holy poo poo I can't believe I forgot that happened

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 15, 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

I dunno, it's a step up from her calling a kid who was raped a lying slut as a lawyer, see guys she's evolving

Look she didn't want to represent that guy but it was her duty to do anything she could to get him acquitted. That this included portraying the victim as a lying slut is neither here nor there.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Goddamn Hillary go away

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

This lead me to an OpEd in the Post describing Hickenlooper as the type of business minded Democrat who could convince moderate Republicans to vote for him. They never learn, Republicans won't vote for a Democratic candidate, period.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SimonCat posted:

This lead me to an OpEd in the Post describing Hickenlooper as the type of business minded Democrat who could convince moderate Republicans to vote for him. They never learn, Republicans won't vote for a Democratic candidate, period.

I don't know how these dumbass papers keep flooding the conversation with stories about stupid Trump loving middle class Republicans that love Trump for whatever ego stroking reason and how they will never leave him because they are sunk in but then write "look THIS is the conservative Democrat that will finally get those guys to leave the GOP!!"

Like choose one or the other here. Of course the OPED section of practically every paper is a welfare scam for trash that has no business being paid six figures.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Well, if you're not going to be honest about how one side is just stripping the other's voting rights away you need to come up with other explanations as to how they lose. The mythical Trump Democrat is just the reason a la mode.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

All republics are racist

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1051795503376150528?s=19

:ughh: lmao instead of shrugging off a schoolyard insult that only mattered to people who were never going to vote for you, you've legitimised right wing propaganda and given the media license to talk about nothing else. Jesus Dems are bad at this.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1051795503376150528?s=19

:ughh: lmao instead of shrugging off a schoolyard insult that only mattered to people who were never going to vote for you, you've legitimised right wing propaganda and given the media license to talk about nothing else. Jesus Dems are bad at this.

How does proving it wrong "legitimize it?" The only people whose opinion this would affect are the people who already use "Pocahontas" as a sick burn.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

How does proving it wrong "legitimize it?" The only people whose opinion this would affect are the people who already use "Pocahontas" as a sick burn.

If you go out of your way to deny it then it kinda implies that there is some kind of legitimate disagreement here.

E: Or at least that's how it looks to casual observers.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 15, 2018

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cerebral Bore posted:

If you go out of your way to deny it then it kinda implies that there is some kind of legitimate disagreement here.

Okay but who cares besides the people who already did? There's no mythical undecided person who is scratching their beard saying "SAY maybe there is something after all to this lying on her application thing!" There are some undecided people who would see it and say "oh, the Republicans are wrong"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Oh I get it she should have Gone High instead

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh I get it she should have Gone High instead

It's a winning strategy, it's why Hillary Clinton is now the president

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Okay but who cares besides the people who already did? There's no mythical undecided person who is scratching their beard saying "SAY maybe there is something after all to this lying on her application thing!" There are some undecided people who would see it and say "oh, the Republicans are wrong"

Realistically it's not going to sway anyone, no. But then again, if that's the case then who go through this hassle in the first place? She shoulda just told anybody who brought it up to gently caress right off.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This is a good argument for why it was a very dumb idea.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trabisnikof posted:

This is a good argument for why it was a very dumb idea.

Because she put forth almost zero effort to get a few independents to say "Oh hey, the Republicans are wrong here?"

I'm just trying to figure out why Picard is facepalming over something that won't budge the electorate negatively and cost zero effort.

Ardennes posted:

The results showed she had very little Native American blood.

Oh, we are quibbling over the amount. Carry on, I guess

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 15, 2018

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Because she put forth almost zero effort to get a few independents to say "Oh hey, the Republicans are wrong here?"

I'm just trying to figure out why Picard is facepalming over something that won't budge the electorate negatively and cost zero effort.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

"Now that Obama has released his long-form birth certificate, surely birtherism will die and Donald Trump will be abandoned by the right after being made to look like a huge lying idiot" - probably you, a few years ago

I'm pretty sure there weren't any undecided people who genuinely cared about this blatantly racist line of attack on her personal conduct in the first place

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ardennes posted:

yeah they shift to "she's barely native american!" now.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Main Paineframe posted:

"Now that Obama has released his long-form birth certificate, surely birtherism will die and Donald Trump will be abandoned by the right after being made to look like a huge lying idiot" - probably you, a few years ago

Nah, there is a core of Republicans that will never be swayed and are 100 percent unaffected by proof of their hypocrisy. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out at any and all opportunities.

quote:

I'm pretty sure there weren't any undecided people who genuinely cared about this blatantly racist line of attack on her personal conduct in the first place

That doesn't mean bullshit shouldn't be pointed out at any and all opportunities.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Ardennes posted:

Granted, a large part of it is just tone, if Trump did everything he was doing in a conventional manner, the opposition would be significantly less.

It is also why 2020 is going to be almost certainly going to be a trash fire, and honestly, don't see it how it can't be one at this point especially with Warren probably running. I think I became numb to an extent because well you can see that the next 10 years at least are going to be complete poo poo. The Democrats are going to stubbornly refuse to change, and have the tools to give then at least a taste of power while far and away actually be able or willing to accomplish anything useful.

Edit:

I use to think if Bernie had 4 years with a Congress that would work with him, it might stabilize the situation a bit. That is before Kavanaugh got nominated.

You know the constitution doesn't limit how many supreme court justices there can be and that it is ow popular among dems to talk about court packing right?

https://twitter.com/LynnEstaGoldman/status/1051601732088680449

She even has the stillwithhers getting annoyed.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 15, 2018

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Nah, there is a core of Republicans that will never be swayed and are 100 percent unaffected by proof of their hypocrisy. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out at any and all opportunities.

That doesn't mean bullshit shouldn't be pointed out at any and all opportunities.

The Pocahontas attacks were never about applying the one-drop rule. This DNA test has just gone to show that she's got barely any Native American ancestry. Identity is pretty subjective, but most of the people slinging around the Pocahontas attack are going to consider "actually, I'm 1/512 Native American :smug:" to be a hilarious joke, not a serious rebuttal.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Pointing out hypocrisy is an ineffective campaign tactic.

No one will vote for Warren because of this, so that means it was a waste of time and energy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

It brings back a piece of dumb and stupid bullshit into the national conversation just before an important election, and making the national conversation center around dumb and stupid bullshit instead of actual issues is good for the GOP.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cerebral Bore posted:

It brings back a piece of dumb and stupid bullshit into the national conversation just before an important election, and making the national conversation center around dumb and stupid bullshit instead of actual issues is good for the GOP.

Yeah, the voter suppression of the GOP would get more coverage if only Elizabeth Warren didn't do a DNA test lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Crowsbeak posted:

You know the constitution doesn't limit how many supreme court justices there can be and that it is ow popular among dems to talk about court packing right?

If FDR got cold feet, then the modern-day Democrats wouldn't even dare. It is less likely than a trillion dollar coin being printed.

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah they shift to "she's barely native american!" now.

Nah, they are going to say she lied to get special treatment (even if it was just a FB page) and 1/512th is essentially nothing. (I don't think this, but it was a stupid idea to give them ammo.)

• Locked thread