Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So is this a victory for liberalism or the continued implosion of the left and the retrenchment of semi-permanent centrist conservative rule? Both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
These are exit polls right? Not actual counted numbers?

If it's exit polls, I'd expect the real AfD number to be higher. More people vote nazi than actually want to admit it to a pollster.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

System Metternich posted:

[...] seeing as we also got less AfD votes than the rest of Bavaria [...]

Considering that your Wahlbezirk has far less people in it than the rest of Bavaria that isn't really an achievement.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Ratzap posted:

If it's exit polls, I'd expect the real AfD number to be higher. More people vote nazi than actually want to admit it to a pollster.

It's both, the results for most voting districts are already there and the broadcasters combine them with the existing exit polls. I guess that what we have now will be pretty close to the final result. Concerning the AfD, the polls preceding the vote were pretty good (with the exception of the Nazi-lovers at INSA, every pollster estimated them at 10-12%), while their polls for CSU and SPD turned out to be a bit wrong (if nothing changes dramatically while the last districts are being counted, that is): Now it's 3-4% more for the CSU than initially expected, while the SPD actually finished worse than its already abysmal prediction in polls by 2-4%.

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Considering that your Wahlbezirk has far less people in it than the rest of Bavaria that isn't really an achievement.

By percentage, obviously

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ratzap posted:

Exit polls are done anonymously though

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

fine i'll post it myself

ninja edit

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sieht so aus als reicht es jetzt doch für eine 2er-Koalition aus CSU und FW. :smith:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Randler posted:

Sieht so aus als reicht es jetzt doch für eine 2er-Koalition aus CSU und FW. :smith:

Wieso, hättest dir schon einen nuclear take für den Fall von Schwarz-Grün zurechtgelegt? :v:

Prinzipiell wird eine CSU-FW-Koalition wohl vor allem den jetzigen Status Quo beibehalten: Nicht Abschaffung, sondern "Überarbeitung" des PAG, weiterhin eine eher restriktive Auslegung des Asylrechts bayerischerseits, Cannabis bleibt illegal (wobei das ja eh auf Bundesebene passieren müsste, oder?), keine dritte Startbahn in München, Ausbau und Förderung des ÖPNV, kostenlose Kitaplätze - zumindest, wenn alles nach den Freien Wählern geht.

Was man aber imo auch nicht unterschätzen darf ist die konzeptionelle Heterogenität der FW. Aiwanger dürfte sich zwar durch diesen Wahlerfolg und die voraussichtliche Regierungsbeteiligung erstmal unangreifbar gemacht haben, aber er stand auch schonmal kurz vor der Entmachtung, und viele der eher rechtskonservativen Positionen der FW gehen wohl auf ihn zurück.

unrelated edit: ein Dorf in meinem Landkreis hatte eine Wahlbeteiligung von 93,7% :eyepop:

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 15, 2018

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I want cannabis for my uncle in the mountains who has Parkinson disease. Allegedly it helps a lot.

Personally I don't like being high.

But isn't CSU / FW still less than 50% of the vote? Do they just hope they'll always be able to drag along some stragglers from other parties?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Btw Aleida und Jan Assmann are really good looking people

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Don't forget that percentages don't directly translate into mandates both due to a bunch of votes not being mirrored in the Landtag due to parties not making the 5% threshold as well as various quirks of the electoral system. By current calculations a CSU-FW coalition would have a comfortable majority with 85+27=112 seats in a parliament that's shaping up to be 205 strong.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

:thunk:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ich bin der Südpark Avatar.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Really interesting! What's your source, looks like a Öffentlich-Rechtliche Grafik? I would really like to know many Neuwähler the CSU gained.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Mir verlangt es nach mehr toten Babyboomern. (The CSU's largest single loss of voters is "died")

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Went 88% Hitler, lost 460k to Linksversiffung and still nothing to show for it but the Nazis getting in 3rs place. Art of the Wahlkampf :downsbravo:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

AfD might try again to get rid of their superantisemite BaWü MdL Gedeon

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/alternative-fuer-deutschland-afd-will-gedeon-aus-partei-werfen/23187108.html

They need the jewish Feigenblatt to keep being able to go yeah we're just worried about islamism, but from that restaurant attack in Chemnitz the besorgte Bürger apparently still hate jews

e: same with gay people, wasn't there a gay islamophobe in the Netherlands? But I don't think the Storch Flügel is gonna be having any of that.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

It seems really hard to get a job in Nürnberg. In my few years of work experience, I've been rejected by firms in Nürnberg twice, and outside Nürnberg only once, out of 2 Nürnberg job applications and easily 8+ non Nürnberg job applications. Why?

Don't forget that percentages don't directly translate into mandates both due to a bunch of votes not being mirrored in the Landtag due to parties not making the 5% threshold as well as various quirks of the electoral system. By current calculations a CSU-FW coalition would have a comfortable majority with 85+27=112 seats in a parliament that's shaping up to be 205 strong.

Thank you, that's what I had missed.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

pidan posted:

It seems really hard to get a job in Nürnberg. In my few years of work experience, I've been rejected by firms in Nürnberg twice, and outside Nürnberg only once, out of 2 Nürnberg job applications and easily 8+ non Nürnberg job applications. Why?

Thank you, that's what I had missed.

8 application is what a non-computertouching person sends out in a single day. It's not a representative sample. Nürnberg might be the easiest place to find a job and you wouldn't know from that tiny sample size

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Lunar Suite posted:

Mir verlangt es nach mehr toten Babyboomern. (The CSU's largest single loss of voters is "died")

The Babyboomer-cohort(generation) in Germany starts in (depending whom you ask) 1955 or 1959, which means the oldest of them are not yet/just so in their early 60ies.
The people currently nearing the end of their shelf-life are the Zwischenkriegsgeneration and Kriegskinder, so the last ones that received officially or inofficialy a völkische education.
:eng101:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Really interesting! What's your source, looks like a Öffentlich-Rechtliche Grafik? I would really like to know many Neuwähler the CSU gained.

You can find the interactive version here. According to that, about 90,000 Erstwähler (or 15% of that group altogether) voted CSU. 100,000 Erstwähler chose Grüne, and only about 3.3% of them went AfD, but the largest part at about 38% didn't vote at all.

e: If you remove the Nichtwähler from the (potential) Erstwähler group, the results look like this:

• Grüne: 27%
  • CSU: 24.3%
  • Andere (mainly Die Linke, I'm guessing): 16.2%
  • FW: 10.8%
  • SPD: 8.1%
  • FDP: 8.1%
  • AfD: 5.4%

e2: The article also contains a breakdown of the election results by other population groups like age, job and education. 22% of Bavarian workers voted AfD! :chanpop:

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 15, 2018

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

AfD got a third of their votes, roughly, from former CSU, Nichtwähler, and Andere-Wähler, respectively.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

AfD got a third of their votes, roughly, from former CSU, Nichtwähler, and Andere-Wähler, respectively.

I don't suppose there's a further Aufschlüsselung for the Andere Wähler? Would be curious how many of those came from the assorted neonazi parties vs. generic protest parties.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Perestroika posted:

I don't suppose there's a further Aufschlüsselung for the Andere Wähler? Would be curious how many of those came from the assorted neonazi parties vs. generic protest parties.

Yeah I was curious about that too but nope.

e: it would be easy to look at the numbers for the Andere parties in the official Wahlergebnis xlsx once it's out, but no dedicated Wanderung data in there ofc.

e: okay this doesn't really elucidate much because it doesn't seem to track the numbers for small parties from 2013?

https://www.landtagswahl2018.bayern.de/ergebnis_tabelle_990.html

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 15, 2018

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Yeah I was curious about that too but nope.

e: it would be easy to look at the numbers for the Andere parties in the official Wahlergebnis xlsx once it's out, but no dedicated Wanderung data in there ofc.

e: okay this doesn't really elucidate much because it doesn't seem to track the numbers for small parties from 2013?

https://www.landtagswahl2018.bayern.de/ergebnis_tabelle_990.html

A quick look at the official (still vorläufig, but I doubt that there will be much change yet, if any) xlsx of both this election and the one before shows that almost 200,000 people voted NPD and Republikaner in 2013, neither of which participated in the 2018 election. I guess they make up most of the 190,000 Andere->AfD voters (together with former BüSo and Die Freiheit voters, I guess, but those didn't even reach 8,000 votes put together 5 years ago).

e: It tracks the numbers, it's just that most of the small parties didn't take part in the 2013 election

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A quick look at the official (still vorläufig, but I doubt that there will be much change yet, if any) xlsx of both this election and the one before shows that almost 200,000 people voted NPD and Republikaner in 2013, neither of which participated in the 2018 election. I guess they make up most of the 190,000 Andere->AfD voters (together with former BüSo and Die Freiheit voters, I guess, but those didn't even reach 8,000 votes put together 5 years ago).

e: It tracks the numbers, it's just that most of the small parties didn't take part in the 2013 election

NPD and Rep seem to be very likely sources. Surprised that so many of the small parties didn't participate last time.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Franken :cripes:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

goethe42 posted:

The people currently nearing the end of their shelf-life are the Zwischenkriegsgeneration and Kriegskinder, so the last ones that received officially or inofficialy a völkische education.
:eng101:

Danke!
Mir verlangt es nach dem Tod alles völkischen.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smirr posted:

I wanna do a seance where I conjure the ghost(s) of whoever decided to build Köln Hbf right next to the Dom and teach them about the invention of international air travel and front facing phone cameras. loving hell this place is death. Still almost three hours until my train back to the shithole that I don't hate
Did Köln Hbf break Smirr? :ohdear:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

frankenfreak posted:

Hostageposting is a thing these days.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
There must be an easier way to get participants for a seance than taking hostages and force them to join!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

I've been back in Berlin since Saturday night :ninja: Although this is probably in my personal top 3 of relatable hostage takings, unless this turns tragic, in which case I didn't say anything

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Apparently they just went in and managed to arrest the guy.

https://twitter.com/polizei_nrw_k/status/1051821145039757314

e: Apparently the hostage is alright, too:

https://twitter.com/polizei_nrw_k/status/1051822086694555648

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 15, 2018

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Geiselwahnsinn STOPPEN, Geiselnähmer jetzt RAUS aus Deutschland!

e: at least he didn't ask for Caprisonne this time, poo poo is expensive and schwarze null

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Anyone remember the guy who called the police "lachhafter haufen"? Well...

https://twitter.com/erdapfelotto/status/1051630505756684293

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Sereri posted:

I actually don't remember that, but now that I read up on it, and it turns out the Polizei threatened him to "überdenk" his Tweet because they'd be strafrechtlich prüfing it, then they said they'd back down from prosecution and would instead invite him to a Klärungsgespräch over a coffee (which he agreed to, albeit on a day later when he wasn't hung over), and then backed down from that to prosecute him.

:psyduck:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Sereri posted:

solid PR move there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

mods please rename me Captain Acab thanks in advance