Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm still steamed that N52 Red Hood & The Outlaws got an omnibus over literally anything else from that time period.

Could the wizard that got us the Gotham Central omnibus please work that magic again for an All-Star Western omnibus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Absolute Court of Owls... uhh... at least they collected Godhead in one hardcover... (I've softened on that book, in hindsight I better appreciate how it covered a lot of bases, even if its internal consistency wasn't the best)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

^burtle posted:

None of it was good sooooo?

Flash started out pretty good, not sure how long that lasted.

OMAC was fun.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dial H would absolutely make a good deluxe volume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dial H would absolutely make a good deluxe volume.

Isn't there one?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lemire / Sorrentino's Green Arrow got a hardcover as well.

Rhyno posted:

Isn't there one?

There is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I mean oversized, if it wasn't.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 18, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

I mean oversized, if it wasn't.

Yeah, just checked and it's a few cm taller than my N52 softcovers.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone know if Final Crisis 10Th Anniversary Omnibus is going to be worth picking up? I haven't read much of DC.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It could be a bad start, unless you don't mind confusion leading to you looking everything up and becoming familiar with the DCU that way.
Morrison's JLA is a great way to get into him and DC, then you could work your way through everything he's written for them, plus going back to Jack Kirby's New Gods along the way. You might want to start FC then.
Anyway, get the old trade instead of the omni. There's no real worth in the extra comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 20, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

obi_ant posted:

Anyone know if Final Crisis 10Th Anniversary Omnibus is going to be worth picking up? I haven't read much of DC.

You should at the very least pick up Garrison's Bat-books and Seven Soldiers of Victory before you read Final Crisis.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I've started collecting Daredevil TPBs and HC and I got Nocenti's Touch of Typhoid omnibus. Besides the Heart of Darkness omnibus, there aren't anymore collected editions of her run right? , is the Fall from Grace omnibus the only one from the era between Nocenti and Kevin Smith's runs with the character?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

radlum posted:

I've started collecting Daredevil TPBs and HC and I got Nocenti's Touch of Typhoid omnibus. Besides the Heart of Darkness omnibus, there aren't anymore collected editions of her run right? , is the Fall from Grace omnibus the only one from the era between Nocenti and Kevin Smith's runs with the character?

Window’s Kiss collects #365-380 (the last issues of volume 1). It’s pretty bad though.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So did Prophet ever finish up? Why hasn't a hardcover been released? Is it just the five trades? Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while but that was my favorite series.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Here's some upcoming stuff:

Paper Girls Deluxe Edition Book 2. (It might be better to read it like this than as individual issues.)

Black Hammer Library Edition Volume 1. (I do wonder if all the spinoffs will be collected together.)

Promethea: 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition Book One. (I guess we're never getting that omnibus with double-page spreads.)

sporklift posted:

So did Prophet ever finish up? Why hasn't a hardcover been released? Is it just the five trades? Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while but that was my favorite series.

It finished. Brandon Graham says he wants hardcover collections but now it's just the paperbacks.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 17, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got some new books!

Got the Aquamans for cost since they had bends on the covers. Had a boatload of store credit so I ordered a dozen more books just to burn it up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I recently got some new books myself, all Marvel Epic Collections: one Fantastic Four ("The New Fantastic Four"); one X-Men ("The Gift"); and one Hulk ("Future Imperfect").

It was a choice between those and the Wonder Woman by George Pérez Vol. 3 omnibus. I've seen that going a bit cheaper elsewhere so I'm holding fire for the next wee while, which I hope I will not regret.

I was able to get the first Pérez WW omnibus for some ridiculously low price off Amazon UK because I pre-ordered it really early and its price went down to about £18 (!) for some reason, then when it shot back up to over £50 closer to release I got it at the lowest price. I've bought tpbs with a fraction of the content for more than that.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Does anyone do paperback reprints of Tales From the Crypt? I've done some googling by the only Reprints I can find are expensive hardbacks.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When did Marvel stop using the plain black spine with white text and cover collages on the back of the slipcase for omnibuses in favour of art on the spine and a back cover blurb? Or do they mix it up a bit? If so, which ones get which? The newest omnibus I own is the first Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme one which has a bit of a mixture (i.e. black spine but the title is the book's logo rather than the plainer text from the older ones).

Example of the newer sort:

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 28, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it varies. Known allot of them and I'd say a full third of my books have art spines.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Question:

The SHIELD: the Human Machine HC is the complete Hickman SHIELD series yes?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I think it is just the second half of the series.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rhyno posted:

Question:

The SHIELD: the Human Machine HC is the complete Hickman SHIELD series yes?

No. The Human Machine HC is the back half of the series. It combines with Architects of Forever (which collects the first Hickman SHIELD mini) for completions sake.

As far as I can tell, there is no complete collection of this story but it's down to just two HCs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well as soon as I order it they will release a combine version because gently caress my shelf in particular.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I'd give it until at least midway next year before buying the HC unless you're desperate. It didn't complete until very recently so they may try and milk it for a yearish before they announce a complete collection.

It seems prime for a $40 hardcover....

radlum
May 13, 2013
So I got two Mighty Thor HC (from the Jane Foster era); they look pretty good, have a dust jacket and the actual cover is pretty nice looking art.

I'm trying to get the rest of the run in a similar format but since buying online is the only option, I don't know which is the actual Volume 3 that follows my previous volumes:

This one?
https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Thor-Vol-Asgard-Shiar/dp/130290308X/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1543696769&sr=8-2

or this (unreleased yet) one?

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-A...54E2KW5JJZTX0EE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can you post which ones you have? In any case, from the listing, Mighty Thor vol. 3 is 160 pages and includes Mighty Thor #13-19, so basically a TPB-length hardcover. Thor vol. 3 includes Mighty Thor 13-23, 700-706, and some other stuff. It's a big 528-page hardcover. I'm *betting* the smaller one is the one you're looking for.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As Endless Mike said it depends on which two you have now. If you have the bigger volumes you want the second link. If you have the smaller volumes this is the full order:

Thor v1 Goddess of Thunder
Thor v2 Who Holds The Hammer
Secret Wars Battleworld: Thors
The Mighty Thor v1 Thunder in Her Veins
The Mighty Thor v2 Lords of Midgard
The Mighty Thor v3 The Asgard Shiar War
The Mighty Thor v4 The War Thor
The Mighty Thor v5 The Death of The Mighty Thor

That covers all the Jane Foster material.

radlum
May 13, 2013

X-O posted:

As Endless Mike said it depends on which two you have now. If you have the bigger volumes you want the second link. If you have the smaller volumes this is the full order:

Thor v1 Goddess of Thunder
Thor v2 Who Holds The Hammer
Secret Wars Battleworld: Thors
The Mighty Thor v1 Thunder in Her Veins
The Mighty Thor v2 Lords of Midgard

That covers all the Jane Foster material.

So I checked the back of my HC and seems I have Vol 1, that covers both Goddess of Thunder and Who Holds the Hammer, and Vol 2, that covers Thunder in her Veins and Lords of Midgard (https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-...aron+thor+vol+2) I guess that explains my confusion.

The unreleased vol 3 is too big, as Endless Mike, said, but might be the one I'm looking for considering this?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
I ended up finding a copy of this, but I thought I'd ask just to sate my own curiosity: is the TPB for the pre-New 52 Batwoman stories out of print now? I ended up buying what seemed to be the last new copy on Amazon, everything else was used and it was out of stock on in stock trades (har)/DCBS.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Mike Danger posted:

I ended up finding a copy of this, but I thought I'd ask just to sate my own curiosity: is the TPB for the pre-New 52 Batwoman stories out of print now? I ended up buying what seemed to be the last new copy on Amazon, everything else was used and it was out of stock on in stock trades (har)/DCBS.

They put out a new version in the middle of 2017 that included a few additional issues that weren't in the older Elegy collection. Might be between printings, I don't know.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

radlum posted:

So I checked the back of my HC and seems I have Vol 1, that covers both Goddess of Thunder and Who Holds the Hammer, and Vol 2, that covers Thunder in her Veins and Lords of Midgard (https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-...aron+thor+vol+2) I guess that explains my confusion.

The unreleased vol 3 is too big, as Endless Mike, said, but might be the one I'm looking for considering this?

OK if these are the two you have:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302900676/
https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman-Mighty/dp/1302903802/

Then this is the one you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302917382/

Alternatively you could buy the individual hardcovers and the numbers still line up:

Cover the same material as the one coming out in May.

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 2, 2018

radlum
May 13, 2013

X-O posted:

OK if these are the two you have:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302900676/
https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman-Mighty/dp/1302903802/

Then this is the one you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302917382/

Alternatively you could buy the individual hardcovers and the numbers still line up:

Cover the same material as the one coming out in May.

Thanks a lot! I'll wait until May; I've already spend too much on the Grant Morrison Batman Omnibus so I think May will be a reasonable time to get the Thor HC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're moving and I had to safely pack my books and since I no longer have access to diamond boxes I had to find a replacement.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is that a Kallax in the background? I put together two of those in a walk in closet two weeks ago because they were too big to get in after building and it was not fun! I mean it’s not a tiny closet but it still sucked!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's the older version, the Expedit. Slightly thicker outer edges. I was kind of bummed when they changed them but I recently discovered that there's a Walmart and Target brand that is nearly identical to what I own so future expansion is back on!

I have two 5x5, a 2x4, 2x2 and two 1x5 units. That seems like a lot but it fills up fast unless you want to double row books and that looks crappy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I got a 5x5 and a 4x4. One on each side of the walk-in. Only the 5x5 was supposed to be for my books, but it’s almost filled up already so I may have to take possession of the entire walk-in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As I get set up I'll probably start posting the new room. I'm more than tripling my square footage for nerd space. Homeownership is pretty grand!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

All my furniture at this point is either a bed, a couch or a Kallax/Expedit.

I have two 4x4, three 2x4, two 1x4 and four 2x2. One of the U-Haul box sizes fits loving perfectly in the holes which helps minimize any lost space. And most of my poo poo already fits in one of the holes then it'll fit in a box that fits in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RevKrule posted:

All my furniture at this point is either a bed, a couch or a Kallax/Expedit.

I have two 4x4, three 2x4, two 1x4 and four 2x2. One of the U-Haul box sizes fits loving perfectly in the holes which helps minimize any lost space. And most of my poo poo already fits in one of the holes then it'll fit in a box that fits in there too.

Ikea truly is the best option for collection furniture. When they announced the Expidit line was ending I dashed up to Michigan and bought the second 5x5 and 1x5 to future proof myself.

I also have 6 detolfs and room for more now so that's gonna get out of control soon.