Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Who are you cowards that suffer a crowned head to live? Show yourselves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Protect Amber.

shameful how all you dudebros can't accept a woman in a position of power.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 05:35 on Oct 16, 2018

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

Just raided an abandoned fortress far to the south and recovered some artifacts

Of course the book brought back by the follower of Xi Jinping Thought was called "The World of Trade"

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Come on guys, just think how right it is she rules. There's a reason why, and if you can't see it thenni just don't know what to say.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

edit: also don't kill the queen is winning the poll by a decent margin, so Amber Lee Frost Premier-Queen of The Stoked Steel (our civ) lives to rule another day.

i'll be honest I'm three of the no votes. my praxis is incomprehensible even to myself

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

redneck nazgul posted:

the gently caress is an Alekog or a Baktuscubor

what happened to good dwarvish weapons

Those are dwarvish names for dwarven made weapons. Once a dwarf grows attached enough to a weapon they name it.

Also we raided the nearby goblin held elven retreat, lost 4 soldiers and killed about 70 elves (30 of which died to Atrocious Joe alone). Didn't end up bringing back any loot unfortunately.

EDIT: Apparently while I wasn't paying attention an elven poet was elected mayor :laffo:

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 07:11 on Oct 16, 2018

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

The ideologies of the many should not be made to suffer under the rule of one.

Then again, I'm sure a Goldblumist wouldn't really mind.
Probably just sit back and say something about chaos theory and start pulling chunks of face off.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Jeff Goldblum posted:

The ideologies of the many should not be made to suffer under the rule of one.

Then again, I'm sure a Goldblumist wouldn't really mind.
Probably just sit back and say something about chaos theory and start pulling chunks of face off.

the revolution appears to have encountered an insurmountable obstacle: hard coded monarchism. the superiority of accelerationism with ecodestructionalist characteristics is evident.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

is my simple tailor still knockin' around?

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Socks4Hands posted:

the revolution appears to have encountered an insurmountable obstacle: hard coded monarchism. the superiority of accelerationism with ecodestructionalist characteristics is evident.

Look, if they're in positions of power, it's only logical that they're fundamentally better people. We must protect authority at all costs. Read my Amber Frost fanfiction in the library to become fully enlightened regarding my advanced logic. Wait, where are you going, it's really good i promise

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

animist posted:

Look, if they're in positions of power, it's only logical that they're fundamentally better people. We must protect authority at all costs. Read my Amber Frost fanfiction in the library to become fully enlightened regarding my advanced logic. Wait, where are you going, it's really good i promise

pls link

animist
Aug 28, 2018

"Amber Becomes Immortal and Has Sex With Me Forever Using the Power of Logic and Reason"

if you're unfamiliar, that's the harry potter fanfiction written by the roko's basilisk guy. it's supposed to convince people to give him money to protect them from scary robots

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

animist posted:

"Amber Becomes Immortal and Has Sex With Me Forever Using the Power of Logic and Reason"

if you're unfamiliar, that's the harry potter fanfiction written by the roko's basilisk guy. it's supposed to convince people to give him money to protect them from scary robots

joke's on me I've already read this

edit: i had a fever once and a former roommate wouldn't shut up about it so i read it in three days and i'm 100% sure it made my illness worse

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Dwarf doxx me. Dwoxx me

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Socks4Hands posted:

edit: i had a fever once and a former roommate wouldn't shut up about it so i read it in three days and i'm 100% sure it made my illness worse

:ssh: they wanted you to die so they could take your stuff

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Giant War Cat program is coming along well.

Skellybones posted:

Dwarf doxx me. Dwoxx me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

Finished work on the new dining hall! I think it came out great

thats sick

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i am absolutely disgusted at the monarchist tendencies itt

Socks4Hands posted:

i'll be honest I'm three of the no votes. my praxis is incomprehensible even to myself

VOTER FRAUD

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
What if, instead, we built an AI so powerful it could retroactively torture you in the future as punishment for not building it

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Obliterati posted:

What if, instead, we built an AI so powerful it could retroactively torture you in the future as punishment for not building it

that's the plan yes. Please give me your share of Dwarven Ale if you want to not be tortured

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How is my hotep dorf doing? Have I been called up by the Ancients yet?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

Also we raided the nearby goblin held elven retreat, lost 4 soldiers and killed about 70 elves (30 of which died to Atrocious Joe alone). Didn't end up bringing back any loot unfortunately.

Praise be to Allah!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How is my hotep dorf doing? Have I been called up by the Ancients yet?

Arioch
Oct 6, 2018
Can I get the dox for my dorf?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The goblin controlled elves seem keen on retaliating against us; and they are much more scary than normal elves because they are able to use metal equipment when normal elves from elven civs cannot. We will be able to launch another raid on their base soon though. It also appears that humans on this world are almost completely extinct thanks to goblins, so we can liberate some human civs from goblin control as well.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where are all the books I swear to Armok I will read them

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

Venom Snake posted:

they are much more scary than normal elves because they are able to use metal equipment when normal elves from elven civs cannot.

Metal will not save the elve's fragile physique from the power of raw dwarf muscle

Btw have I immigrated yet, and if so can I join the next batch of dwarf doxx

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Has my dwarf died in a beautiful chariot accident yet?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Obliterati posted:

Does it matter if we ha ce a king or queen when we are all already ruled by by our preexisting thought paradigms

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Who died in the raid and did they die gloriously?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

is my dwarven namesake still dead and enjoying the freedom of the grave

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Venom Snake posted:

Finished work on the new dining hall! I think it came out great

:eyepop: a need to step up my dwarf game

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Also am I still alive? I need to know what happened to me

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azuth0667 posted:

Who died in the raid and did they die gloriously?

Just a bunch of no-names, although I think they left behind an adamantine spear which we need to get back

BoneDaddy1969 posted:

Metal will not save the elve's fragile physique from the power of raw dwarf muscle

Btw have I immigrated yet, and if so can I join the next batch of dwarf doxx

Siljmonster posted:

Where are all the books I swear to Armok I will read them

We have hundreds, what kinda book do you want me to screencap?

Mayor Dave posted:

Also am I still alive? I need to know what happened to me

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Well according to my character sheet I am the shittiest anarchocapitalist of all time, good

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Doxx pls

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

Well according to my character sheet I am the shittiest anarchocapitalist of all time, good

very fitting with the theme that there are no good ancaps

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

very fitting with the theme that there are no good ancaps

Your dwarf is currently losing her mind due to stress, which started with her.....seeing a gremlin die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No True Dwarf

• Locked thread