Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Spire is definitely less interested in the mechanical impacts of influencing the city, though I actually don't mind that approach given it also explicitly ties mechanical character progression to causing various degrees of narrative tilt in the city as a whole, and also is working from a frame of reference of the cause being inherently somewhat doomed and almost guaranteed to end badly for any single cell of the Ministry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dulkor posted:

Spire is definitely less interested in the mechanical impacts of influencing the city, though I actually don't mind that approach given it also explicitly ties mechanical character progression to causing various degrees of narrative tilt in the city as a whole, and also is working from a frame of reference of the cause being inherently somewhat doomed and almost guaranteed to end badly for any single cell of the Ministry.

That's true, although I find the advancement schema to be a bit vague since it's based on the degree of impact you've had on the city and, well, there aren't really a lot of real solid guidelines for that. It's not, like, a total dealbreaker, I just really like games that put mechanics to stuff like that. I still recommend checking out the Spire, at the very, very least you could wholesale mash it and Blades together into some unholy abomination and it probably wouldn't come out half bad.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Orun is live. Afrofuturist scifi from the pens of people who are responsible for a wide variety of cool poo poo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Doctor Zero posted:

I never knew I needed a game about taking over all the classical music until now.

Symphony no. 9 is exactly this. You play a wealthy music patron paying composers to make music for you, sometimes even causing them to die of stress.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Jedit posted:

Symphony no. 9 is exactly this. You play a wealthy music patron paying composers to make music for you, sometimes even causing them to die of stress.
I think he was making a joke that I wrote aria instead of area :v:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jedit posted:

This disappointed me, because I wanted a game actually about music, and 9 is not at all that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tekopo posted:

I think he was making a joke that I wrote aria instead of area :v:

I know he was. But it doesn't hurt that what he wanted exists anyway. I once went into a record shop when such still existed and asked if they had a John Carpenter's Greatest Hits CD, with no idea if such a thing was real. They replied, "Volume 1 or Volume 2?"

(I bought both, of course.)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Er... bit of a cross-post with politics, but I saw this in the D&D Trump thread and it signaled warning signs for me:

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/1052552642294140931
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/politics/trump-china-shipping.html

If something like this happens, won't it completely screw up tabletop game prices for stuff produced in China?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

JazzFlight posted:

Er... bit of a cross-post with politics, but I saw this in the D&D Trump thread and it signaled warning signs for me:

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/1052552642294140931
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/politics/trump-china-shipping.html

If something like this happens, won't it completely screw up tabletop game prices for stuff produced in China?

It’ll screw a whole bunch of everything up.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Diehard Miniature's latest Kickstarter has passed it's first stretch goal, releasing a set of sci-fi cop-and-dog figures based on artwork by the guy who did all the cool artwork for Rogue Stars. There's 19 days to go, and they need another £1500 to open up a gang of bounty hunters.

I think the company only sells it figures through various Kickstarters, which is annoying but they have an interesting range. Not-Lizardmen, in traditional Fantasy versions but also ones with mystic, lost-tech guns, undead (Also in fantasy and sci-fi versions), "Chaos" figures that could liven up an Age of Sigmar army or used in the upcoming Sword Marches game being released by the same folks who made Scrappers and Brink of Battle, and humans, dwarfs and elfs in fantasy and sci-fi versions.

It's worth checking out to see if there's any figures you think are neat.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That Old Tree posted:

ORUN: Post-Apotheosis Afro-Centric Space Opera RPG is up, from New Agenda (Misha Bushyager, Jerry Grayson, Eloy Lasanta). There utopian future has collapsed, and recovered, and now you're fixers on planet-hopping adventures.

I'm glad I forgot to buy Spire after my last paycheck, because now I can feel justified backing this Kickstarter to get it and the expansion anyway.

Oh man, Eloy teaming up with Jerry and...actually I have no idea who Misha is but she seems cool, too.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Plastic Sisters unveiled!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Well, you could do worse for figures to act as allied Imperial Guard- I mean, Astrum Milli-whatever for when GW finally releases those upcoming plastic Sisters of their own...

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Orun looks amazing, definitely a must back. I have enjoyed most of Eloy Lasantas work, so interested to see how this turns out.

Lol that Jerry Grayson doesn't mention working on 7th Sea in his bio.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Orun looks amazing, definitely a must back. I have enjoyed most of Eloy Lasantas work, so interested to see how this turns out.

Lol that Jerry Grayson doesn't mention working on 7th Sea in his bio.

In fairness the only stuff he mentions is the stuff he, uh, owns and produces personally.

e: also, I just want to note that Jerry is an amazing guy and I've loved every interaction I've ever had with him at cons, he is super personable and nice.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Jerry Grayson is a very old-sounding name. Like a Law & Order detective or Robin's secret identity or something.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

March of the Ants is one of my favorite 4x games, and the same team is now making Tidal Blades: Heroes of the Reef. The game looks gorgeous, although I worry about any dice-based game, but seriously, March of the Ants was so good (and pretty hard to find) that I may just pledge on good faith.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got my Legacy 2nd in the mail a few days ago. So glad I splurged on the collectors edition, the box set for the settings and the player handouts. They’re all beautiful.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Anyone have news regarding “The Mountain Witch”? I was hoping to get a copy when it came out but the author appears to have vanished?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DalaranJ posted:

Anyone have news regarding “The Mountain Witch”? I was hoping to get a copy when it came out but the author appears to have vanished?

He's closing in on two months overdue on the PDF, hasn't logged into his kickstarter account since August, and multiple attempts by KS and work associates to get in touch with him have failed. It's looking grim.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Mors Rattus posted:

In fairness the only stuff he mentions is the stuff he, uh, owns and produces personally.

e: also, I just want to note that Jerry is an amazing guy and I've loved every interaction I've ever had with him at cons, he is super personable and nice.

Oh, I don't doubt it. I was more throwing shade at the massive implosion of 7th Sea that I assume is happening even now.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i received my copy of panic at the dojo today. very high quality in terms of weight and construction, and the interior looks good. didn't even realize it was on the way so that's a nice surprise

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Speaking of news on things, is there any word on the 7th Sea Khitai book? Or is it not actually late?

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Dawgstar posted:

Speaking of news on things, is there any word on the 7th Sea Khitai book? Or is it not actually late?

It should be out by january or so iirc? I have no idea wtf implosion is being discussed because they've been steadily releasing content and communicating to backers. Information's actually easy to find even for non backers like me.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

MollyMetroid posted:

It should be out by january or so iirc? I have no idea wtf implosion is being discussed because they've been steadily releasing content and communicating to backers. Information's actually easy to find even for non backers like me.

:unsmith:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Buck Wildman posted:

He's closing in on two months overdue on the PDF, hasn't logged into his kickstarter account since August, and multiple attempts by KS and work associates to get in touch with him have failed. It's looking grim.

Like real life work associates or KS associates? I got the impression the author isn't a huge fan of the internet.

Serf posted:

i received my copy of panic at the dojo today. very high quality in terms of weight and construction, and the interior looks good. didn't even realize it was on the way so that's a nice surprise

I wish I had played more 4e D&D because I sort of flubbed my first session. It's a great book though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That Old Tree posted:

ORUN: Post-Apotheosis Afro-Centric Space Opera RPG is up, from New Agenda (Misha Bushyager, Jerry Grayson, Eloy Lasanta). There utopian future has collapsed, and recovered, and now you're fixers on planet-hopping adventures.

I'm glad I forgot to buy Spire after my last paycheck, because now I can feel justified backing this Kickstarter to get it and the expansion anyway.

Same.

Also, my copy of Tiny Wastelands showed up, and so far it's pretty good! The sole complaint I have is that the DM screen print is half of a 14x11 sheet of paper, but that's pretty trivial. Looking forward to running this at some point.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I don't think JWP is imploding, but they've had to downsize. Probably because giving away an entire gameline for an old potato and a wink doesn't rake in the kind of money that can sustain a dozen high production-value books in a couple of years. Also whatever they dumped into the abortive video game and the two go's at the board game. But, really, I don't think anyone knows, and unless Khitai goes a year over and then dies I wouldn't call it an "implosion."

Most unfortunate so far is that it appears John Wick will have to take on more of the PR and writing, which is terrible news for everyone.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That Old Tree posted:

I don't think JWP is imploding, but they've had to downsize. Probably because giving away an entire gameline for an old potato and a wink doesn't rake in the kind of money that can sustain a dozen high production-value books in a couple of years. Also whatever they dumped into the abortive video game and the two go's at the board game. But, really, I don't think anyone knows, and unless Khitai goes a year over and then dies I wouldn't call it an "implosion."

Most unfortunate so far is that it appears John Wick will have to take on more of the PR and writing, which is terrible news for everyone.

Doesn't help that they haven't really seen the update on 7th Sea 2e that they wanted because while there's a poo poo-ton of setting for it, the rules are at best unfinished and in all honesty not really good.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DalaranJ posted:

Like real life work associates or KS associates? I got the impression the author isn't a huge fan of the internet.

I would suppose KS associates, including literally Kickstarter going by the comments. He sure was active when the KS was going, so fan or not it's not like he can't at least give a status update as the PDF deadline whizzes by and we're a month and a half out from the physical tiers. That's really all I'd want at this point - it's not like he's crazy behind schedule.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Oh, hey, Strata just unlocked one more stretch goal, and is 800 from the next:

FUNDED! £28,000: Ironshrike by Ben Brock. How do you kill a place? The cell must find out: they are ordered to kill an underspire marketplace where a warped sect worships the god of predatory capitalism. Will burning it to the ground be enough, or must they destroy the spirit of the district too?

£32,000: Glasshelm by Kira Magrann. Glasshelm is the centre of the aelfir banking network in Spire, and a handful of downtrodden drow are going to ruin it. Taking the ideas of computerised banking and adapting them for a fantasy setting, this scenario leans hard into cyberpunk - but all the hard-drives are the wet brainmeat of captured magicians, and the hacker is a blood-witch with a parasitic intrusion spell curled around her heart.

Only 8k more until we get the murderbakery with 27 days to go!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I had never heard of Spire before, and it is extremely my poo poo. I'll never get to play it though, unless I get to a con where someone is running it. :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Americana hit its first stretch goal, so Tom's Dead, the audio drama we piloted, is going to get made into a full 6 episode series, and I'm really excited to put that together. Now we're really gunning for that super sentai tokusatsu stretch goal, so I had Andi make a picture of what we envision our versions of the megazord might look like.

We've got two weeks left, but it's been a slow week 3, as expected, but I think there's still a reasonable shot at hitting that $10k goal. I reached out to a bunch of tokusatsu fan pages today so hopefully that'll get some new eyes on the project!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/americana-1?ref=567996&token=8141fd55

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
First I was 'oh my god, yes' at the pompadour.

Then I registered the comb.

I have nothing else to offer.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

7TV Apocalypse has arrived.

Oh, and apparently Bad Squiddo games is launching a kickstarter of Onna-Bugeisha minis at some point in the near future.

LashLightning posted:

Well, you could do worse for figures to act as allied Imperial Guard- I mean, Astrum Milli-whatever for when GW finally releases those upcoming plastic Sisters of their own...
Those could work as maybe Frateris Militia (Soritias Militia?)

Speaking of Sisters, the Daughters of the Burning Rose kickstarter have been very communicative, despite running late. It looks like they will be beating GW to the punch, when it comes to release date (as well as maybe even price).

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Yellow King PDFs are out (to backers at least)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I got a quote for the layout of my game today so I decided to start work on the kickstarter page.

How does it look? I didn't get art yet so it's spartan. But how are the basics? I'm going to start search for some art. Make some banners. And do a brief video with some art pieces and public domain music.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Dinosaur Princess is up from the Sprawl author:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ardensludere/dinosaur-princesses-a-story-game-for-all-ages

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dortoka: City on the Sea of Glass just sent out the final proofs to backers and I really like it. 54 pages of mostly generators for their billion-year old abandoned city Dortoka. There are lots of nicely-formatted tables with sub-tables if you need them. There are also pretty neat NPC, job, faction name and title generators. One of the raddest things is their method for creating and drawing city streets and wards, and pointcrawl implementation for sandbox gaming.

I haven't actually gotten my copy of Vagabonds of the Dyfed, so I can't comment on the overall mechanics of the system, but the generators alone would be of great use for any OSR game, and still pretty good for any game with a need for generating big abandoned city areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

SirFozzie posted:

Yellow King PDFs are out (to backers at least)

Did they ever put out the 13th Age crossover PDF?