Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

a7m2 posted:

It's a great help, but completely unnecessary. Also it very, very slightly changes the ending if you get it.

I feel like I've barely seen any of Zelda. I've only unlocked two memory pictures of her though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
She's kind of a nonentity if you don't go out of your way to seek out the story. I didn't do the memory quest at all my first time around and I was surprised in my second play of how much story I had missed.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The camera is centered on Zelda for like 95% of the game.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lemming posted:

The technology has been good for a while, I played through all of Deus Ex Human Revolution using OnLive (the thing that crashed and burned hard RIP) on a netbook all the way back in 2011

From a couple pages back, but this is very true. I've been using Nvidia's GeForceNOW service for most of the year and it's been pretty great, even on average connections (25mbit or so). I'm not an FPS guy so I dunno if those would be playable, but for most other games (including Assassin's Creed type stuff) it's generally fine.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Countdown until I order this beanbag chair in an Ambien haze:

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ktiq/

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

The key to botw is to not look anything up or ask any questions. It's about exploring the game systems as well as the game. An amazing and unparalleled.

I think it's worth mentioning to at least follow the path until you get to Kakariko. After that, go nuts.

I took a different path and ended up missing the very useful upgrade until way, way later in the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Frankston posted:

I think it's worth mentioning to at least follow the path until you get to Kakariko. After that, go nuts.

I took a different path and ended up missing the very useful upgrade until way, way later in the game.

Yeah, I usually recommend staying on the guided path until the 2nd town proper unlocks something in your slate. Then go nuts.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Countdown until I order this beanbag chair in an Ambien haze:

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ktiq/

I haven't caved to temptation and bought the Snorlax one yet. Stay strong friend.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
In BotW is there any other sensible way to get to the top of Akkala tower other than paragliding from the top of death mountain? Like I did it on my first playthrough and again now, it just makes the most sense. The glide ratio almost perfectly gets you there, and the tower itself is wrapped in corruption so I don't think you can scale it normally.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Butterfly Valley posted:

In BotW is there any other sensible way to get to the top of Akkala tower other than paragliding from the top of death mountain? Like I did it on my first playthrough and again now, it just makes the most sense. The glide ratio almost perfectly gets you there, and the tower itself is wrapped in corruption so I don't think you can scale it normally.

There is a way to reduce the corruption.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
Spider-Man that poo poo.

https://twitter.com/Moninjaa92/status/1036309926254006273

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Have the issues with the games missing from Starlink been mostly a US issue?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's been exclusively a US Best Buy issue as far as I can tell, probably has to do with whoever their distributor is.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Physical Starlink has a 1 hour day one download :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

tinkerballz posted:

Physical Starlink has a 1 hour day one download :(

Yeah my kid was disappointed, he had to go to bed before we could actually play it. But he liked putting all the spaceships together.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How big is the Starlink universe? How many planets, etc?

Also, holy poo poo, why would anyone buy this on a non-Switch system? I'm not a huge Starfox fan, but like... why choose anyone other than Fox? :psyduck:

This is like Soul Caliber 2 all over again.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
So... no one has been banned for creating a us account with an hotel address for the switch right?

I just need to use a different email and buy eshop cards via net? There's very little risk for one to lose the games because of account banning?

Help an european out

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How big is the Starlink universe? How many planets, etc?

Also, holy poo poo, why would anyone buy this on a non-Switch system? I'm not a huge Starfox fan, but like... why choose anyone other than Fox? :psyduck:

This is like Soul Caliber 2 all over again.

7 planets, I think. And I could see people buying the non-switch versions, either because they're too young to remember the good days of Star Fox, or not caring about Star Fox in general. I'm just a little surprised that the Playstation version didn't have an exclusive ship/pilot either. Ratchet and his ship would have worked. I cant think of what they would do for an Xbox exclusive if they went that route though (Master Chief and a Banshee?).

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
drat, Star (Fox) Citizen is looking tempting.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I know there are frequent postings on reddit whenever there is X eshop game that goes on sale for megacheap where people switch over to a different region account. Do note that if you have funds in your current account, I believe you lose those funds.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Etrips posted:

I know there are frequent postings on reddit whenever there is X eshop game that goes on sale for megacheap where people switch over to a different region account. Do note that if you have funds in your current account, I believe you lose those funds.

That doesn’t make sense and I highly doubt that.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Etrips posted:

Lose funds how? Don't you just create a different profile as US and then you can just continue your main profile to play the game you purchased?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Meallan posted:

So... no one has been banned for creating a us account with an hotel address for the switch right?

I just need to use a different email and buy eshop cards via net? There's very little risk for one to lose the games because of account banning?

Help an european out

I don't remember ever having to give a physical address at all, except for credit card verification.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Checking into the thread 18 months after release and lolling at the idea that there's ever only ONE way to do something in BOTW.

Starlink looks like it's a bit of a sleeper hit potentially, was I the only one who somehow missed that there's open world and strategy elements? I swear it just looked like a dogfighting game until about a week ago.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Nintendo does not steal your money if you move across the world. You still have the funds if you switch your region back.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
So if I create an US account/profile and buy games in there, I can use my main account to play them right?

I was thinking if I'm getting a secondary account I might just also let my best friend use the US account for game sharing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jables88 posted:

Checking into the thread 18 months after release and lolling at the idea that there's ever only ONE way to do something in BOTW.

Starlink looks like it's a bit of a sleeper hit potentially, was I the only one who somehow missed that there's open world and strategy elements? I swear it just looked like a dogfighting game until about a week ago.

I knew there was some exploration and strategy and upgrades to it, but when I landed on my first planet yesterday, came out of a canyon, was moving slowly and a little icon came up saying "Press Y to pick fruit" I just knew "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit I'm going to be playing this game for 100 hours"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Meallan posted:

So if I create an US account/profile and buy games in there, I can use my main account to play them right?

yes

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Meallan posted:

Help an european out
Yeah just create a US region account, I don't think you even need to give a physical address? Just sign up with another email address. You're not going to get banned for doing it. You just login to the eShop with the US account, buy whatever game(s) you want and download them. You can then play them using your regular European account.

There's no reason to change the region on your main account.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only way Nintendo can steal your money is if you buy ARMS.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

a7m2 posted:

It's a great help, but completely unnecessary. Also it very, very slightly changes the ending if you get it.

I honestly didn't know you could damage Ganon without the master sword, wasn't that a thing in previous games?

Apparently people were also saying the Ganon fight totally changes if you fight him early. I thought he just has more HP but he has more abilities and stuff? I wish they kept a way to keep that fight in the game

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Where the gently caress is my Hollow Knight Grub plush?

e:

I was supposed to have this in September dammit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I honestly didn't know you could damage Ganon without the master sword, wasn't that a thing in previous games?

Apparently people were also saying the Ganon fight totally changes if you fight him early. I thought he just has more HP but he has more abilities and stuff? I wish they kept a way to keep that fight in the game

He summons the bosses of the Divine beasts to attack you first, but if you've already killed them he can't do that.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

He has more HP and also you have to fight every blight boss you haven't already fought. Otherwise it's the same.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
drat, Starlink is insanely chill. I shot off to the second planet as part of the story but have otherwise just been scouting around, building up outposts, scanning animals, taking down baddies, and unlocking map points. The only thing that wasn't apparent to me was how to "complete" the deserted towns. I grabbed what I thought was the item from each, but they all still show 0/17 on the first planet, where other landmarks count up once you complete them.

You can upgrade your main base quite a bit which allows you to further mod your weapons, ship, cargo capacity, skills, etc. I only briefly tried a different ship when I ran in to an elite enemy who ruined Fox McCloud's day, but they all have their own levels and skills. It looks like you could pump a stupid amount of time in this gave if you were inclined.

I've never really been in to spaceship games, but I am enjoying this a hell of a lot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha well I suck, my first extractor fight I burned through three ships

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Mega64 posted:

The only way Nintendo can steal your money is if you buy ARMS.

How dare you. ARMS at least has its own documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UanUlf4b0

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Haha well I suck, my first extractor fight I burned through three ships

Best thing to do in hover mode I've found is just kind of dive into and out of the mob and try to heal up between each pass. When the enemies are really dense circle-strafing doesn't do you much good

edit: I can't wait to see what else they add to the game. I can only assume there's going to be a fairly regular drumbeat of new ships and pilots

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 17, 2018

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Augus posted:

I dunno are the flight mechanics in Starlink really at all comparable to Star Fox? Seems to be a lotta hovering and strafing as opposed to high-speed dogfights.

They Breath of the Wilded it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bombadilillo posted:

The key to botw is to not look anything up or ask any questions. It's about exploring the game systems as well as the game. An amazing and unparalleled.

I bet i could break the game in an hour starting over. And its genuinely sad I will never get to experience it for the first time again.
God this thread moves fast.

I'm trying to heavily limit myself on what I use and how, there's just something cheesy and shameful about beating every fight by cramming a hundred simmered apples in my face every time I take a hit.