Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are live shows that are good in spite of the live audience, but McQuarrie Island is the only one that's actually improved by the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Paris Race live with Adomian is good because of Adomian and the audience too.

Not sure if its come up in the thread before but the podcast Behind the Bastards is basically the dollop with the wackiness turned down on both subject material and the hosts. This results in some pretty good episodes (Bill Cosby, a life of red flags) and some pretty bad ones (Erik Prince, which is a close following of the dollop's same narrative except with two libs bemoaning what an awful fuckshoe clown hat he is). May be worth checking out if you're podcast starved. The bill cosby ep is pretty good

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Seconding that rec. I mention that podcast whenever I can. My favorite eps so far are "Hitler: YA Fangirl" (which focuses on Hitler's favorite author Karl May, a guy whose story must be heard to be believed), Albert Fish (mostly because his guest is a comedian who happens to be descended from Fish. It features a hilarious moment when Evans shows her clips from the guy who managed to obtain Fish's infamous letter to Grace Bud who must also be heard/seen to be believed), The Qadaffi ep (where we go from his rise to power that was essentially a comedy of error to his sci-fi story) and Alex Jones (where they play some of his most deranged clips).

My biggest problem with it though is the stupid Doritos running gag, especially since the show already has ads that often have several seconds of him leading to them. I'm honestly starting to wonder if he's being sincere.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 14, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

terrorist ambulance posted:

Not sure if its come up in the thread before but the podcast Behind the Bastards is basically the dollop with the wackiness turned down on both subject material and the hosts. This results in some pretty good episodes (Bill Cosby, a life of red flags) and some pretty bad ones (Erik Prince, which is a close following of the dollop's same narrative except with two libs bemoaning what an awful fuckshoe clown hat he is). May be worth checking out if you're podcast starved. The bill cosby ep is pretty good

i like there stuff. their newest one about the reagan's during the aids crisis was pretty great. it makes the reagans look much worse because they probaly wernt really truly homophobic and didn't believe all the evangelical poo poo because they had close friends who were openly gay but they were fine with them all dying in mass because they wanted support from the monsters like moral majority. they lionize koop a bunch too.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 14, 2018

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

oh dope posted:

I enjoy the live shows, and I like the drunk guest. I wish every guest was poo poo faced.

I also strangely liked the drunk guest for this live episode. Took about 10 minutes and I couldn't quite figure out if he was way drunk or way high, but I enjoyed him!

By the way, is there anywhere I can get the Walking The Room podcast feed without all the episodes being all jumbled up? Everywhere I look the feed keeps repeating the most recent 30 or so episodes with 1 or 2 older ones mixed in. The official All Things Comedy page for it has them in order, but only loads back until episode #119, then says "You've loaded all the episodes!" =S

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
New Trash Toons is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdgjnhVe3o

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Was everybody in the 40s a Nazi or something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

inthesto posted:

Nazis were way more popular at the time than people assume. Hell, the Nazis based a bunch of their horrible laws on poo poo that was happening in various state governments.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Guys, sorry to bring up Behind the Bastards again but a new ep just dropped:

It's about Steven Seagal.
Guest starring Seanbaby.

I haven't listened yet but it HAS to be great otherwise we truly live in hell. Will keep you posted.

EDIT: Five minutes in and I'm already holding back laughter.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 16, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well,at least he can't be as bad as Errol Flynn.

"Human trafficking"

Oh.

Edit: Okay, he's less evil than Flynn but that's a loving low bar to clear.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 16, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Well,at least he can't be as bad as Errol Flynn.

"Human trafficking"

Oh.

Edit: Okay, he's less evil than Flynn but that's a loving low bar to clear.

I'm guessing the next episode will go into things like the sex slave dungeon so get ready to potentially have that opinion changed...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To be fair to the podcast, I hadn't finished the episode before making the edit. And I still haven't, Seagal was too douchy for late night listening.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I think by the end of Ep 1 he's already past Flynn territory. Looking forward to Part 2. Seanbaby did not disappoint.

EDIT: I hope they go into his infamous energy drink at some point.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 16, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

inthesto posted:

Did the Dollop ever do a Business Plot episode because the answer is yes nazis were so mainstream that there was literally a planned coup by people who were at the time and then went on to be modern major business and political figures who wanted to overthrow the US government because we were gonna maybe frown a bit too hard at fascists

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Did the Dollop ever do a Business Plot episode because the answer is yes nazis were so mainstream that there was literally a planned coup by people who were at the time and then went on to be modern major business and political figures who wanted to overthrow the US government because we were gonna maybe frown a bit too hard at fascists

Episode 94

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

terrorist ambulance posted:

I was listening to the Alex Jones series and he mentioned he was compiling a list of chuds getting redpilled for an article

and I was like hey I just started reading an article on that and realized it was the same guy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

exploded mummy posted:

I was listening to the Alex Jones series and he mentioned he was compiling a list of chuds getting redpilled for an article

and I was like hey I just started reading an article on that and realized it was the same guy

Same thing happened to me!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

Guest starring Seanbaby.

I haven't listened yet but it HAS to be great otherwise we truly live in hell. Will keep you posted.

Yeah this is Really Good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thank you for turning me onto Behind the Bastards.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea that was a pro recommend.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

yeah. my girlfriends step dad is like a 30 something fail son who great uncle(or some direct relative) was smedly butler.

AceOfFlames posted:

Guest starring Seanbaby.

holy loving poo poo. does seanbaby have his own podcast?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. my girlfriends step dad is like a 30 something fail son who great uncle(or some direct relative) was smedly butler.

that whips rear end

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

inthesto posted:

Do Go On is an Australian podcast with a format fairly similar to The Dollop's. The main difference is that they don't focus on historical horror stories and will do a story on just about whatever.

Thank you for this, I love it

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

Was exterminating the Jews part of the business plot? Not everything bad or anti-democratic or anti-communist is Nazism. And how is a murky possibly entirely fictional plot that involved only a small number of people "mainsteam"? And the business plot was in 1933, before the Germany had become a Nazi state... there were some Nazi sympathaiser organisations in America like the German Bund later that managed to gather a few thousand members, but even these were suppressed and disolved when USA entered the war. Pretending that Nazism was a popular ideology in post war USA is literally retarded. I'm not even american and I'd like to suplex you through a table for this slur against the americans.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Real Quaid posted:

Was exterminating the Jews part of the business plot? Not everything bad or anti-democratic or anti-communist is Nazism. And how is a murky possibly entirely fictional plot that involved only a small number of people "mainsteam"? And the business plot was in 1933, before the Germany had become a Nazi state... there were some Nazi sympathaiser organisations in America like the German Bund later that managed to gather a few thousand members, but even these were suppressed and disolved when USA entered the war. Pretending that Nazism was a popular ideology in post war USA is literally retarded. I'm not even american and I'd like to suplex you through a table for this slur against the americans.

http://thedollop.net/wp/episode-233-dollop/

It can be eye-opening when you find out how the US wasn't 100% on the Allies/good-guy side in the general population.

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

prefect posted:

http://thedollop.net/wp/episode-233-dollop/

It can be eye-opening when you find out how the US wasn't 100% on the Allies/good-guy side in the general population.

Dude, I mentioned the German-American Bund as pre-war Nazi sympathisers in the very post you quoted.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Real Quaid posted:

Dude, I mentioned the German-American Bund as pre-war Nazi sympathisers in the very post you quoted.

You made them sound like some tiny splinter group with no influence or sympathizers.

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

prefect posted:

You made them sound like some tiny splinter group with no influence or sympathizers.

Cool. What percentage of the vote did Nazis get in the 1940 US election?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Real Quaid posted:

my good bitch do you not know that the US' official stance on Hitler pre-Pearl Harbor was basically 'well...he's being very rude to our friends England and that's pretty hosed up buuuuut he's got a lot of good ideas....'? Like yea, if you wanna be super annoying about it the very mainstream minority voice in America was a more general pro-fascist movement that went along very well with the way more mainstream way less minority general pro-eugenics/nationalism movement so while they weren't actual card carrying American Nazis they were pretty well in line with Hitler's general steeze

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

they weren't Nazis

thank you- apology accepted

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What, exactly, makes someone a nazi if being a fascist who wants to exterminate people with "lesser" genetics doesn't do the job?

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

Ariong posted:

What, exactly, makes someone a nazi if being a fascist who wants to exterminate people with "lesser" genetics doesn't do the job?

What percentage of the vote did fascists who wanted to exterminate people with "lesser" genetics get in the 1940 US election?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Real Quaid posted:

thank you- apology accepted

god this is the gold medal of dumb guy power moves and hell I salute you for having the balls if anything :911:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The Real Quaid posted:

What percentage of the vote did fascists who wanted to exterminate people with "lesser" genetics get in the 1940 US election?

500%

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Real Quaid posted:

Cool. What percentage of the vote did Nazis get in the 1940 US election?

44.8%

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Real Quaid posted:

According to Wikipedia, 17.3%

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you for turning me onto Behind the Bastards.

Ronald and Nancy Reagan were total loving pieces of poo poo, goddamn.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Ronald and Nancy Reagan were total loving pieces of poo poo, goddamn.

I was born in 1981 and apparently Ronald Reagan was my imaginary friend. My Mom used to set me in front of the TV to watch the Gipper speak. I have always had a reverence for Reagan my whole life. I know that he's a piece of poo poo, I hate his politics, but I'm really scared to listen to those episodes :(

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Saw The Dollop live last night and it was very good.

Okay that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I was born in 1981 and apparently Ronald Reagan was my imaginary friend. My Mom used to set me in front of the TV to watch the Gipper speak. I have always had a reverence for Reagan my whole life. I know that he's a piece of poo poo, I hate his politics, but I'm really scared to listen to those episodes :(

I dunno if it’s better or worse for you that those episodes solely focus on the AIDS crisis and not the MANY other terrible things he did.