Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Booley posted:

What really is an inch?

There are many inches.
The 1/39.37-metre definition used in US Surveying
The French inch of 2.70 cm
The Amsterdam inch which is 8% shorter than a regular inch.
The slightly larger than normal Scottish inch of 2.5441 cm
The Pyramid inch of 2.5426924 centimetres.
Take your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

richyp posted:

Depends if he measures from the base or not.

:vince:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy hell this is dumb

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Dr Hemulen posted:

Thanks. It's a colour I've been trying to replicate for quite a while without success:

I showed the image to Caleb, and he just went: Use these colours and hit it with this ink :science:
The original might be a little bit more orange, but I'm happy with this.

The thread is 90% geometry problems now but this is a real good toy my dude. Shame about 8th.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Maneck posted:

Yes, distance versus displacement. Although using correct terminology makes things worse because the page 2 rule is "measuring distance".

The starting point for being wrong is trying to get anything right.

How thick are these lines

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Ghazk posted:

How thick are these lines

28mm

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I miss templates. Too bad about them adding so much complexity.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Maneck posted:

That very clearly describes how to measure the distance between two objects.

The issue is that measuring between two objects doesn't help very much in determine how far something can move. I say doing that relies on measuring path traveled (which is not a "distance between") and the rules signal this by shifting from looking for the minimum distance, to looking for the maximum.

Mine is clearly the minority view.

The distinction would matter mostly where a high velocity vehicle has to do a punch of pivots.

Yeah you use the movement stat on the unit entry for that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Is BattleScribe the only army builder tool that has Kill Team lists in it? It seems to be the go-to for KT and plain old 40k but man I was really hoping I'd never have to install Java again.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Inspector_666 posted:

Is BattleScribe the only army builder tool that has Kill Team lists in it? It seems to be the go-to for KT and plain old 40k but man I was really hoping I'd never have to install Java again.

Put it on your phone because the google or Apple app is so much better.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

If you have an iOS device you can also use Quartermaster.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
https://youtu.be/c2066-Bioi0
I love the GW community team. :allears:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren::siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Hey 40k dudes. I'm here to announce the public release of Tactical Strike Plus (TS+).This project is the culmination of several years of development, design, and playtesting from the idiots within this forum. Tactical Strike Plus combines Tactical Strike with the Victory is Vengeance campaign system, expanding upon the rules and making modifications that emphasize balance. I’m drat proud and grateful for the hours of hard work everyone put into the things that made TS+ possible- from the editing, formatting, testing, photography, and daily reminders for me to kill myself. Thanks goons!

You can visit our dedicated website to download the rules, leave feedback about the system, share your Strike Force, or send us a hate fueled message. Word of mouth is how this project started, so please share this with your Warhammer community and help us get the word out. Our only hope is that this supplement is enjoyable and that it inspires this community to continue playing, being inspired by, and being part of the Horus Heresy.

Here’s a short FAQ:

quote:

Q: What books do I need in order to play Tactical Strike Plus?
Tactical Strike Plus is a supplement based on The Horus Heresy: Age of Darkness rulebook. In order to play, you will need a copy of these rules and those for your army list.

Q: Which army lists are supported by Tactical Strike Plus?
Tactical Strike Plus supports factions from the Legiones Astartes, Crusade Imperialis, and Taghmata Ominissia army lists.

Q: What makes Tactical Strike Plus different from standard games?
Games usually last 30-45min. Unlike the base game, you challenge opponents before building your Strike Force. This means you can adjust your Rank & File depending on your Mission and who you are playing. Command Points make games more dynamic and can be used at any time to change the flow of the game. This makes outcomes less predictable as enemies can spend points to mitigate actions that didn’t go their way. A large part of the metagame is making opponents spend Command Points while generating your own. There's also an optional resource management and character progression system.

Q: What the standard sized army?
A typical Strike Force consists of 1 hero, up to 2 optional leaders, and between 10-25 other models. Tanks, dreadnoughts, monstrous creatures, and artillery are restricted to one model per Strike Force. Because Rank & File are picked before missions, it is possible for every model in a Strike Force besides the Hero and Leaders to change between missions!

Q: 8th edition when?
Next month… haha just kidding

never

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren::siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Hey 40k dudes. I'm here to announce the public release of Tactical Strike Plus (TS+).This project is the culmination of several years of development, design, and playtesting from the idiots within this forum. Tactical Strike Plus combines Tactical Strike with the Victory is Vengeance campaign system, expanding upon the rules and making modifications that emphasize balance. I’m drat proud and grateful for the hours of hard work everyone put into the things that made TS+ possible- from the editing, formatting, testing, photography, and daily reminders for me to kill myself. Thanks goons!

You can visit our dedicated website to download the rules, leave feedback about the system, share your Strike Force, or send us a hate fueled message. Word of mouth is how this project started, so please share this with your Warhammer community and help us get the word out. Our only hope is that this supplement is enjoyable and that it inspires this community to continue playing, being inspired by, and being part of the Horus Heresy.

Here’s a short FAQ:

This is a pro click.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

Here’s a short FAQ:

:frogsiren::frogsiren:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The more I look at them the more I realize I'll end up owning at least 1 each of the new buggies and multiple of at least the Shokkjump. My poor wallet.

I'm not sold on the trike boss though. I have some grots on tiny bikes and a boss on bike. I may try putting them all on a big base and running it as counts-as.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LingcodKilla posted:

Ahhh the Konga line. That was a big issue when close combat blocked line of sight and you couldn’t shoot into combat either. Nids being the number one transgressor. The HQ would join the unit and be carried across the board.

Bring in the whirlwinds and really inaccurate guess work.

What if: Peasant Rail Gun but with Hive Tyrants?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Booley posted:

What really is an inch?

A miserable pile of millimeters.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BULBASAUR posted:

Here’s a short FAQ:

:pusheen:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a Slaanesh equivalent of Nurglings? Small, cute little Daemons that just kinda ride along with bigger guys?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there a Slaanesh equivalent of Nurglings? Small, cute little Daemons that just kinda ride along with bigger guys?

You'd know.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there a Slaanesh equivalent of Nurglings? Small, cute little Daemons that just kinda ride along with in the bigger guys?

And now you know.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

STDs

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harkano posted:

This is stupid. I'm paralysed for choice on which of these mats for my Orks to Speed Waaagh around on.

Opinions on which one is the best Fury Road to ride eternal on? Only a few of my guys are based with Armageddon Dunes, and I've picked up Vallejo Sand as a more economical way of basing the army, so I'm flexible for matching the board.

For what it's worth my Boyz are yellow which makes me wonder if they'd pop better on top middle?

I'm also super hyped for speed freeks and thinking about buying a desert map especially to play on. Do we know exactly what size the official playmat is?

panascope posted:

The thread is 90% geometry problems now

:psyduck:

I leave for a couple months and now its all about how you can square a circle

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Able to argue over measuring from one model to another. loving Hams.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New Regimentul Bosspole on humie kapz.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm also super hyped for speed freeks and thinking about buying a desert map especially to play on. Do we know exactly what size the official playmat is?

Based on the one scenario they’ve shown so far (Da Grand Smash here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/15/15th-oct-speed-freeks-da-roolzgw-homepage-post-1/) it looks like there will be multiple 16”x22” boards that are maybe put into different configurations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It's red so it makes your brain go faster.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's red so it makes your brain go faster.

Looking forward to re-painting all my Boyz red so they move an extra inch.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The bit I'm not looking forward to explaining to new players is that all my boyz will be using the same Clan rules despite being painted as different Clans because they are based on older editions where Ork tribes were a mixture of all of them and not just a single one like the current fluff :(

Yes I could use each unit as it's painted Clan but I'd lose out on free benefits and screw that.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Raphus C posted:

Modelling for advantage, for shame!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Raphus C posted:

3rd ed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aka best edition.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Aka best edition.

Coming from rogue trader and 2nd it really was.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Building a Speed Freeks army

Nothing new in this one, sadly.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Technowolf posted:

quote:

Whether or not you use Troops in a Speed Freeks army is up to you! We’ve added a few units of Trukk-mounted Boyz into this list to hold objectives and give you some additional Command Points – with so many new Stratagems in the Orks codex, it’d be a shame not to use them.

That's taunting.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Boomdakka Snazzwagon really is an amazing name, Shokkjump Dragsta isn't bad either.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Boomdakka Snazzwagon really is an amazing name

If I drove a wagon I would 100% get "SNAZWAGN" as a custom plate for it. It's such a good name.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Finally got my first knight painted. Started with one of the babbies as a proof of concept with the color scheme.

Kind of a quick and no frills scheme since I have to get 3 more armigers and 3 big knights painted in ~3 weeks for a planned "big game". No transfers yet, but planning on just simple aquilas on the shoulders and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Technowolf posted:

It does point out some PL drops which can be associated with points drops:
Nobz 11PL -> 7PL
Trukk 5PL -> 3PL
Warbikers 5PL -> 4PL
Morkanaut 18PL -> 15Pl