Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bring it, I'm ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Man, we're 2 for 2 on cat avatar/post combos in the last 2 days. About 20 years ago I had a white cat, Munch, who gave no shits about people food except for pizza flavored Pringles. Shrimp? Tuna? Other kinds of potato chips? Nah. But he went nuts for those Pringles, would fit his little munchkin head inside any unattended tube to get at them. No idea what kind of kitty crack they put in those, but he loved em.

I'm glad to know I share similar taste to a chip addicted cat. R.I.P PIZZA CAT

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

What Is Waiting For My Swampfriend

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jim sounds like a real son of a bitch.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

I thought that this was one of those recipes that are gathered from kindergartners and made into a book so that parents can have a sensible chuckle and then I saw the "Courtesy of Congressman James R. Jones".

Welp.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Solice Kirsk posted:

Jim sounds like a real son of a bitch.

It's nutrient rich bio-paste to keep his cellular husk appearing alive.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Would, because I like dill pickles.

But probably only once.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Sir Lemming posted:

As a recently ex-New Yorker, I can safely say this: although it's possible there's a benefit to using NY water to make pizza, it's extremely more likely that a lot of restaurants in other regions are simply failing to get the flavors/ingredients right. Most of the bad pizza I've eaten hasn't been mysteriously bad, it was just very obviously not made with the right blend of spices or ratio of ingredients. The dough itself usually doesn't even crack the top 10 things wrong with it.

(To be more specific, the sauce usually doesn't have enough flavor, there usually isn't enough basil/oregano in general, and the cheese is often just mozzarella instead of a blend including parmesan and others)

One of the only times I have had truly bad pizza was when I was in NYC. It wasn't a chain, and it wasn't some greasy shithole, it was a nice fashionable little restaurant. I get the feeling I would have had better pizza at a greasy hole in the wall than that one place.

That's my New York pizza story.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

One of the only times I have had truly bad pizza was when I was in NYC. It wasn't a chain, and it wasn't some greasy shithole, it was a nice fashionable little restaurant. I get the feeling I would have had better pizza at a greasy hole in the wall than that one place.

That's my New York pizza story.

Ya I paid like $35 for a plate of the most mediocre Italian food Ive ever eaten in New York, but also paid like $1 for some really great pizza

I've had better bagels in Tokyo tbh. I feel like bread is like the big hidden secret of Tokyo, there are amazing bakeries loving everywhere

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bike tory posted:

mediocre Italian food

This is redundant

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This is redundant

Thousands of Italian grandmas just felt a chill across their souls.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Dixville posted:

I bet that mug is lit af though

One drunkass mug

E god I should reload the page more

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Oct 19, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Ok let me clarify. Italian-American food is mediocre trash garbage poo poo.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Oh in that case, yeah that makes sense. The grandma's souls are now unchilled.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

italian-american food has had the thing happen to them that korean-american food is shortly going to have happen to it (is having happen to it)

viz., restauranting in america is a poo poo job and it's only the best opportunity for peeps who can barely speak english. their kids go and be lawyer-doctors or some poo poo and sell the fuckin restaurants

what's left is the dross and the chains

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

bob dobbs is dead posted:

italian-american food has had the thing happen to them that korean-american food is shortly going to have happen to it (is having happen to it)

viz., restauranting in america is a poo poo job and it's only the best opportunity for peeps who can barely speak english. their kids go and be lawyer-doctors or some poo poo and sell the fuckin restaurants

what's left is the dross and the chains

All of the bagel places near me are owned by vietnamese or thai families

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I've heard most american korean food predates the shift in Korea where mounds of sugar started being put into everything, so now american korean is a lot less candied and more traditional

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tunicate posted:

I've heard most american korean food predates the shift in Korea where mounds of sugar started being put into everything, so now american korean is a lot less candied and more traditional

This is broadly accurate, yes.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

"trends in the prevalence of diabetes in korea. left is standardized by age, right is total prevalence."

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Zil posted:

Thousands of Italian grandmas just felt a chili across their souls.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

More in the vein of current Japanese food fads then AFP (but possibly both) is clear, coconut and yoghurt flavoured water

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

The alcohol industry is way ahead of you there, mayo. You better bring your A-game if you want to hang with the big boys.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

inkblot posted:

The alcohol industry is way ahead of you there, mayo. You better bring your A-game if you want to hang with the big boys.

I'm assuming this is the trend of millennials "killing" things in the sense that they no longer buy garbage quality common foodstuffs when cheaper, better things are now available and that they don't spend $5k a year on vacations and travel.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I would probably eat that. Fried chicken with mac'n'cheese seems like it would be ok.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Would, but I'd be wiping my hands and face off every few seconds because I'm super weird about messy hand foods

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Would, every single one of these. The first one is poverty chow I've had to deal with many a time, and the fact I can identify the ingredients within is actually a plus.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gently caress yes! I want this in my face hole rightnow!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The churrito place started making churro wrapped hotdogs served with crushed hot Cheetos and cheese dip on the side

Probably delicious but sweet lord that's a lotta calories. Maybe I can drag someone along to split one with me before I move away.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dixville posted:

The churrito place started making churro wrapped hotdogs served with crushed hot Cheetos and cheese dip on the side

Probably delicious but sweet lord that's a lotta calories. Maybe I can drag someone along to split one with me before I move away.

Who cares? wer're all fats in this thread

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well at least it makes me fair and balanced after posting the green vegan goop last

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dixville posted:

That's really on the warm side of the color spectrum.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, so what's the fad here? Because, even as someone who doesn't like macaroni and cheese that still looks fine.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Dixville posted:

What is with the hot Cheetos in everything? I just don't get it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Would, but I'd be wiping my hands and face off every few seconds because I'm super weird about messy hand foods
:yeah:
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

It's no dirty vat of brains in a hospital basement, but this tea seems very incoherent to me