Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discarded box
Oct 15, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

She said she needed medication for an acute panic attack, not a preventative medicine

yeah there aint nothin but benzos for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Frankenstyle posted:

All those other words, when these two really say it all.

It was all said the moment she declared herself a polyamorus Viking

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

She said she needed medication for an acute panic attack, not a preventative medicine

I don't know what kind of drug gabapentin is, but it's good for panic attacks and you have to take a ton before you feel even a little high.

Edit: it makes you super talkative, though.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

We all just gonna gloss over "this is our daughter, Bartleby the Scrivener" from the last page? I laughed.

I would prefer not to.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [24M] wife [24F] has her heart set on a house and thinks my reason for not wanting it is "stupid."

quote:

Together for 5 years now, first year married. We bought our first house 2 years ago and are currently in the market for something larger. We're in no rush and are waiting for the perfect house. Yesterday our realtor showed us a listing for a house that my wife absolutely fell in love with. It's a house I've actually been in before and it is really nice. I work as a community nurse and one of my palliative patients from a few months ago lived in this house. While the house does check all of my boxes off too I fear that living in it will constantly remind me of my work in that house. Drawing up meds, doing assessments, rushing over to their house at midnight multiple times after they called my pager frantically, calling 911 during an emergency situation , and eventually returning to pronounce the patient's death all over the span of a couple months.

My wife thinks that I'm just being silly and once we move in, renovate, and make it our own I won't feel that way anymore. I strongly disagree. I've been doing my job for 4 years now and while you certainly become "desensitized" to the work there's still certain cases and patients who stand out.. and this was absolutely one of them. The house checks literally all of our boxes (under our price range, perfect size, large property, and ideal neighborhood) so she's really insistent. I don't even want to go for a viewing of the house.

TL;DR: Wife fell in love with a house. I'm not interested because I had a palliative patient who lived there. Am I being unreasonable?

EDIT: It wasn't a traumatic event for me. I specialize in palliative care and this was an expected death in the home. I've lost count on the number of patient's that I've pronounced or help stay comfortable during their last days and weeks - it's something I do at my job daily. That said - I still don't find it comfortable purchasing this house because of the history. I don't want to come home to somewhere that I used to work.

discarded box
Oct 15, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I don't know what kind of drug gabapentin is, but it's good for panic attacks and you have to take a ton before you feel even a little high.

yeah lol like mega talkative. everyone can always tell when ive taken some, for someone with severe social anxiety it is nice though

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

discarded box posted:

whoa thermodynamics only means calories in and calories out? im learning so much here. here i was thinkin it was some kind of law or something and had all kinds of implications. guess im a dummy. haha

which law of thermodynamics states that all human bodies have the exact same density in all configurations though

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

My [24M] wife [24F] has her heart set on a house and thinks my reason for not wanting it is "stupid."

Now thats good poo poo.

"Honey, do you want to paint that room?"
"The room she poo poo the bed in, or the room she died in?"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Haifisch posted:

I was all primed to tell this guy off for being afraid of ghosts or some dumb poo poo but this seems pretty legit.

Also insufferable brokebrain wannabe Viking horde makes me wonder what the Venn diagram looks like of people who think they’re polyamorous and people who can’t even spell the word.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm prescribed a beta blocker for panic attacks. It works.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Beachcomber posted:

Yo gabba gabba.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

I looked up info on it on Wikipedia and found this gem

Wikipedia posted:

Gabapentin is used primarily to treat seizures and neuropathic pain.[17][18] It is primarily administered by mouth, with a study showing that "rectal administration is not satisfactory".[19]

Why don't we hear about this info about every drug? I demand we be told about this!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I use ethanol to deal with anxiety. The best part is that it's over the counter and dosage can be adjusted depending on the situation. I can deal with anything on enough ethanol. Not necessarily in a productive manner, but I can deal with it. Thank you, ethanol.

Ethanol may be right for you, but it can cause drowsiness so operating heavy machinery while taking ethanol isn't recommended.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

discarded box posted:

whoa thermodynamics only means calories in and calories out? im learning so much here. here i was thinkin it was some kind of law or something and had all kinds of implications. guess im a dummy. haha

Ok but what about quantum physics. Can we rope that into this conversation about peoples' subjective appearances too?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

cumshitter posted:

I use ethanol to deal with anxiety. The best part is that it's over the counter and dosage can be adjusted depending on the situation. I can deal with anything on enough ethanol. Not necessarily in a productive manner, but I can deal with it. Thank you, ethanol.

Ethanol may be right for you, but it can cause drowsiness so operating heavy machinery while taking ethanol isn't recommended.

I thought you took cum to deal with your anxiety

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress Your Website posted:

It's 100% not, this is unreliable narrator territory with loads of conveniently omitted detail and they are definitely on hard drugs. Police don't bust into your house like this if you just leave a kid at school late once, anywhere, ever.

"we work early, and take care of our household" Bitch you're supposed to, you don't get extra credit for that poo poo

Also that house is 100% a sty

They are latinos in arizona :ssh:

i immediately realized people aren't going to get what im saying but, they were asked for their papers repeatedly, that don't happen to yts.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Blade Runner posted:

I thought you took cum to deal with your anxiety

No, cum is an emollient so I use it to deal with my rectal psoriasis. The method of administration is extremely relaxing though.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

They are latinos in arizona :ssh:

i immediately realized people aren't going to get what im saying but, they were asked for their papers repeatedly, that don't happen to yts.

I realize the new state borders are taking some getting used to but it's still called the Empire of Greater Arkansas, may the names of its enemies be forgotten by history

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am not really in cum situations but I love vodka

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Ferret King posted:

Is someone debating calories in/out here or are you just misunderstanding that too?

Hey, did you know you can eat so few calories that your body starves itself, so that when you finally eat food, you'll have ruined your metabolism, and every loving grape, apple, and piece of bread will immediately glob onto your disgusting flesh heap? Idk, I've been eating about 200 calories a day for 6 months and guess what? I'm losing about 2 lbs a week, I'm passing out all the time, and my doctor put me on temporary disability, but I can't get myself to eat because every time I try too I'll see an ad on tv making fun of fat people, or something online, and I'm disgusted with myself.

Anyways, everytime goons start talking about just putting the fork down, I like to post my guide for how I did that!

I would recommend eating in front of a mirror. Just watch you force your disgusting mass to absorb. Look at the misshapen curves, the assymetry of your revolting fats, not every man has the much sought "side butt" but you do you disgusting sonuvabitch. First bite, look at how loving wide you have to open your mouth, maybe if you took smaller bites people would stop worrying about you stepping on there pets. Stuff like that, just insult yourself off of every single bite, and if you can't think of anything, just write down what goons say about fat epople and repeat them to yourself when you eat. Eventually you will become so disgusted by the thought of eating that consuming food will make you nauseous. People will call you retarded a lot, you're not eating enough to think but who cares!

Look at how good everyone says you are. Look at how big your cock is getting, look at your muscles, face starts to have a definition other than "breathy." The nurses who don't know about your eating disorder keep telling you to keep it up, everyone is telling you to keep it up. In society it's better to be sickly than fat. So honestly? Just don't loving eat, it's the only way, less calories in than out.

And I mean anything, because if you're like me, you're so pathetic and disgusting you won't be able to stop yourself, but eventually you can just make the cravings go away.

anyways, I've gone from 420lbs to 296, keep it up, im doing so good, yadda yadda.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I realize the new state borders are taking some getting used to but it's still called the Empire of Greater Arkansas, may the names of its enemies be forgotten by history

im super loving dumb.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i don't see the big deal every time I get seriously overweight I just bud off into two separate, normal-weight goons, problem solves itself :shrug:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DoctorWhat posted:

I would prefer not to.

:)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I am sorry but there is no way in Hell I am reading that poo poo

Synopsis: the gods hired a dude to build a really big wall to protect them from trolls and ice giants, and if he can't do it by a certain day then they don't have to pay him. In order to get away with not paying the dude they wait for him to get 95% done and then Loki summons the world's sexiest horse to distract the builder's horse, so the dude no longer has a horse to haul around bricks with and fails the challenge

I'm not joking that is an actual Norse myth

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 19, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

waiit a minute I thought Loki was the world's sexiest horse, this story isn't adding up

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

waiit a minute I thought Loki was the world's sexiest horse, this story isn't adding up

i heard her leg game was on point.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I think it's ambiguous as to whether Loki is the horse or simply creates the horse

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

He is,that's how Sleipnir is conceived.

Also the dude was a Jotun,so Thor killed him anyway when he returned

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

He is,that's how Sleipnir is conceived.

Also the dude was a Jotun,so Thor killed him anyway when he returned

oh poo poo that's rad so he not only turns into a horse but also proceeds to bang as one, and presumably is the one who becomes pregnant?? Amazing

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

oh poo poo that's rad so he not only turns into a horse but also proceeds to bang as one lol

Well,Loki turned into a mare so he could distract the Jotnars super horse that did all the stone carrying. They had a bet as to him not getting paid at all if he takes too long.

He didn't choose to actually get caught by the horse. So he got raped and laughs were had.
Then Thor killed the Jotnar anyhow,and Loki was absent for a few months

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

QuarkJets posted:

oh poo poo that's rad so he not only turns into a horse but also proceeds to bang as one, and presumably is the one who becomes pregnant?? Amazing

He also plays tug of war with a goat by tying a rope around their scrotes.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

like 90% of ancient religion is the exact poo poo fanfiction.net writes about yeah

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Well,Loki turned into a mare so he could distract the Jotnars super horse that did all the stone carrying. They had a bet as to him not getting paid at all if he takes too long.

He didn't choose to actually get caught by the horse. So he got raped and laughs were had.
Then Thor killed the Jotnar anyhow,and Loki was absent for a few months

You'd think Loki, the cleverest god, would be able to not get raped by a horse but oh well

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Beachcomber posted:

It's an anti-convulsant. I am on a ton of it. The pharmacy takes a couple of days to fill the prescription, because they never have enough on hand. I have five giant, tall bottles of it in my house, right now. I get NONE of these crazy effects people talk about. I had literally no idea that it had any mood-altering effects until a few months ago when I saw someone mention it, probably on these forums. It doesn't make me talkative. It doesn't make me feel high. I had no idea it had any use at all for panic attacks. I take ridiculous amounts of the stuff, and it barely does what it's supposed to do, much less all this add-on stuff.

Non-banana for scale:

Note the "2 of 5," lol.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

You'd think Loki, the cleverest god, would be able to not get raped by a horse but oh well

Well,he wasn't the cleverest of the Aesir anyhow. He's not an Aesir at all. Loki is a trickster,but he's also the butt of the story most of the time,until his jokes turn sour and his children(the non monstrous ones) are getting used as intestinal ropes to bind him in torture.

Then the laughing stops.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It's an anti-convulsant. I am on a ton of it. The pharmacy takes a couple of days to fill the prescription, because they never have enough on hand. I have five giant, tall bottles of it in my house, right now. I get NONE of these crazy effects people talk about. I had literally no idea that it had any mood-altering effects until a few months ago when I saw someone mention it, probably on these forums. It doesn't make me talkative. It doesn't make me feel high. I had no idea it had any use at all for panic attacks. I take ridiculous amounts of the stuff, and it barely does what it's supposed to do, much less all this add-on stuff.

Non-banana for scale:

Note the "2 of 5," lol.

My god and I thought my pill bottles were big, I didn't even know they made bottles of that size.

Wait 2 of 5? How many do you go through in a month?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Well,he wasn't the cleverest of the Aesir anyhow. He's not an Aesir at all. Loki is a trickster,but he's also the butt of the story most of the time,until his jokes turn sour and his children(the non monstrous ones) are getting used as intestinal ropes to bind him in torture.

Then the laughing stops.

Loki gets real loving mad and vindictive when they take his monster children I think, but he's also just kind of an rear end in a top hat

He kills Baldr for laughs and never really feels bad about it, is the only reason Baldr can't come back to life, and then goes over to dinner at the house of Baldr's parents just to sit down, make himself a plate, then insult everyone for a few hours

They pretty much just take the insults while sitting there awkwardly until he basically says "hey remember your loving idiot dead son who I murdered? Ha, gently caress that guy" and they decide they've had enough

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

this explains a few things about the "not a suppository" disclaimer I guess

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
If you sleep through two alarms and the police knocking, you on :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011