Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Lunchabully
Jul 20, 2003
Pillbug

HAVE A GOOD TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/19/657897279/after-ice-raid-a-shortage-of-welders-in-tigertown-texas

After an ICE raid swept up all the undocumented workers, company now cannot find enough labor to build their trailers

their solution if things don't improve is to move their entire operation to Mexico lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

That dude doesn't evoke boomers at all though.

That's more like it.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

- obamacare doesn't count bc if you're below the poverty line u had medicaid already

Lmao maybe in a blue state

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

anyway im aware of voter apathy from the poor, but the other demographic that doesn't vote much is young adults. and since income tends to increase with age id be curious to see a breakdown of voting rates by both age and income to see which is the biggest factor. anyone seen something like that?

Young people tend to be more mobile than old people, often times they don't even live in the state or county they're registered to vote in

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/19/657897279/after-ice-raid-a-shortage-of-welders-in-tigertown-texas

After an ICE raid swept up all the undocumented workers, company now cannot find enough labor to build their trailers

their solution if things don't improve is to move their entire operation to Mexico lol

And hire back their entire workforce? :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1053320208692269056

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/412202-michigan-gop-womens-group-backs-dem-candidates

A Michigan Republican women's PAC is backing two Democratic candidates in November over their Trump-supporting opponents, pointing to President Trump's rhetoric and Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings as key reasons for the move.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grape posted:

That dude doesn't evoke boomers at all though.

That's more like it.

Dude is clearly from the 70s though idk

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Moridin920 posted:

Dude is clearly from the 70s though idk

Dude looks either super super late 70's, or early 80's.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Shear Modulus posted:

in the year 2000 when i was in middle school i couldnt remember which one of al gore and george bush was the democrat and which one was the republican and also what the difference was and i imagine being an undecided voter is a lot like that

I did a report for my middleschool social studies class about how you should vote for bush because gore had leiberman as his vp and he hated videogames :downs:

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

lol

quote:

For the state’s DSS, the practice of discriminating against Jewish families was too much. As early as January 2018, DSS sent a letter raising concerns that the agency was violating federal and state nondiscrimination laws, as well as DSS policy, by requiring applicants to meet strict religious standards — namely, being a practicing Protestant and not being in a same-sex relationship

“There is the ability to have an intelligent conversation, versus a ‘we’re right, you’re wrong’ — ’cause it is subtle. It’s very difficult. And I know the CEO of Miracle Hill. I know him well. And he is not a bigot. And that’s what makes this a human story.”

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

goon project to save a suicidal person? I could get to seattle by tomorrow if necessary

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

VROOM VROOM posted:

goon project to save a suicidal person? I could get to seattle by tomorrow if necessary

congrats on winning the avatar contest

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

They're really into the "it's not bigotry to do this openly bigotted thing" thing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

VROOM VROOM posted:

good luck finding him, i think one of his tweets said he lives in his car

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharelsCD/status/1053445908182917121

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

VROOM VROOM posted:

lol what a waste of gas

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Browsing that guy’s account and he’s not necessarily a Trump supporter just one of those sad brained anime racists on twitter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Browsing that guy’s account and he’s not necessarily a Trump supporter just one of those sad brained anime racists on twitter

wait there are sad anime racists that arent trump lovers

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
yeah they forsook trump when he wore the little hat and visited israel instead of immediately withdrawing all support and launching nukes

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This article is so good

quote:

The argument, from the state and from the agency, is that the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act should not force a Protestant group to work with Jewish people if it violates a tenet of their faith.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is that inaccurate

didnt the rfra say basically that you can choose to ignore any law if you claim it violates your religious beliefs

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lmao that protestants just make up rules about when and how they interact with jewish people and claim it's due to their religion

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Corrupt boyars all over this joint

quote:

“What Miracle Hill does, is they scoop up these kids from foster care, and they have these group homes. And then once they get the kids in there, their whole objective is to indoctrinate them into their brand of Christianity,” Lesser said.

Lesser said that while she and her husband were licensed foster parents while they lived in South Carolina, they “hardly got any calls” to foster children.

“I think that if Trump knew about this in detail, he wouldn’t be for it,” Lesser said. “Because he’s not a religious nut.” She’s a proud supporter of the president — and, she offered, she wanted Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh to be confirmed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao that protestants just make up rules about when and how they interact with jewish people and claim it's due to their religion

American Protestants are the loving worst they believe in nothing but "my god lets me do whatever I want and I'm never wrong and always right." I'm an atheist but gently caress those dudes make me wish they'd get inquisitioned.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

is that inaccurate

didnt the rfra say basically that you can choose to ignore any law if you claim it violates your religious beliefs

the only good religious intolerance is mine

im gonna join gay satanist church and refuse to serve christian customers

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
Louisiana passed a law allowing students failing school to use government vouchers to attend alternate religious schools.

That's cool, but then they realized non-Christians might want funding too

quote:

Republican state Rep. Kenneth Havard objected to the Islamic School’s request for 38 government-paid student vouchers, saying he opposed any bill that “will fund Islamic teaching,” the Associated Press reports.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Shear Modulus posted:

But officer, I'm an anti-speedlimit-arian.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Moridin920 posted:

American Protestants are the loving worst they believe in nothing but "my god lets me do whatever I want and I'm never wrong and always right." I'm an atheist but gently caress those dudes make me wish they'd get inquisitioned.

as a failed Catholic agnostic I would definitely sign up for a New Inquisition or Crusade on behalf of the Church to destroy the Prot heretics

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dead Beef posted:

Louisiana passed a law allowing students failing school to use government vouchers to attend alternate religious schools.

That's cool, but then they realized non-Christians might want funding too

it would be wrong to force a government employee to violate his sincerely-held religious belief that reading a koran induces abortions

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
the KJV-only are my favorite flavor of protestant nutters. everyone who doesn't use the KJV bible goes to hell! you died before king james was born? gently caress you, you're in hell too!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Suspicious posted:

the KJV-only are my favorite flavor of protestant nutters. everyone who doesn't use the KJV bible goes to hell! you died before king james was born? gently caress you, you're in hell too!
ah I see we have a Jack Chick fan

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the divine inspiration was in the king james translation and not the original hebrew

i actually have read someone saying that if the king james version and the original hebrew or greek did conflict then the king james english version was correct and the hebrew version was wrong

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Im a foster parent amd thats not surprising. There is a lot of cross over with the very religious so some of them end up weird.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Moridin920 posted:

Mainline Prots are generally chill as hell and even progressive in some corners.
Once you venture outside of that though.....

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grape posted:

Mainline Prots are generally chill as hell and even progressive in some corners.
Once you venture outside of that though.....

unless they're UU or can tell you what the Poor People's Campaign is*, be deeply suspicious

* - this excludes anybody who can tell you what the poor people's campaign is but then will tell you they're terrorists

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

unless they're UU or can tell you what the Poor People's Campaign is*, be deeply suspicious

* - this excludes anybody who can tell you what the poor people's campaign is but then will tell you they're terrorists

lol UUs aren't Christian, they're just a club for lapsed Christians and Jews who still crave the vague experience of going to a religious building. And yes are progressive as gently caress.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

BraveUlysses posted:

I mean that's not exactly an innovation on Protestants part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/warfield_anni/status/1052747092794454017