Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Reposting here since I'm not sure how many people actually read the console thread.

Flytrap posted:

Fellow console bastards, get on and dust off your Archwings, The Razorwings are back and trying to break our poo poo

Specifically, they're attacking the Lorunda Relay on the PS4, you know, the one we just goddamn rebuilt.

And if saying the Relay isn't enough, this event is also dropping the Gorgon Wraith Parts and Blueprint. It's usefulness is inversely proportional to how useless the normal Gorgon is. That is to say, it's loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

devstream up

YO THAT ATLAS DELUXE SKIN

Its Geode dude

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Is there a Prisma Gorgon? If so, how does it rate vis a vis the Gorgon Wraith? I have a pretty good Gorgon riven and I'm wondering if it's worth building one up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

YES Prisma Gorgon is real

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm glad they're changing Titania to getting all of her buffs at once.
Too bad all of her buffs are still worthless and a waste of energy.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gonkish posted:

I also need to get my last two bits of Saryn Prime. The neuroptics is cheap (~15p last I checked) but the loving chassis is like 150p+. I'm probably going to buy it, though. Saryn is great, and I'm closing in on MR20 and am whoring myself for mastery at this point.

I'm a relatively new player (almost 2 months) and lucked into getting 3/4 of Saryn Prime from a single random fissure group full of dudes cracking old relics. A goon helped hook me up with a chassis, so I'd recommend checking around here.

Saryn Prime is a great looking frame too. I threw on the Pyra Syndana and she got bright pink wings and its like "this is beautiful". I slapped on the Day of the Dead Porta armor also which also meshes pretty well with her model.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Gonkish posted:

Is there a Prisma Gorgon? If so, how does it rate vis a vis the Gorgon Wraith? I have a pretty good Gorgon riven and I'm wondering if it's worth building one up.
warframe-builder.com

Prisma is the best version of gorgon. It's a perfectly viable/fun crit gun.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

after the big round of weapons buffs the prisma gorgon is now one of the most outright powerful assault rifles in the game

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Gonkish posted:

If you liked Gorgon and wished it were able to compete with the other assault rifles, Prisma Gorgon is your thing.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
while I love the proposed nyx changes, I'm a bit concerned about the math changes to absorb. I hope I can still be invincible forever. If they increase the energy consumption/damage so it drains faster when hit but explodes with more range and damage it might be worth it. I'm hoping for something like equinox where it scales forever and can actually kill things in a reasonable range.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

As long as I can still stomp around like the big bad wolf in Assimilate for a reasonable duration, they can science up the damage math however they like

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I ran a 40 minute survival with Octavia a few hours ago and the song I was using is still stuck in my head.

Is this a recurring problem with this frame

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

As long as I can still stomp around like the big bad wolf in Assimilate for a reasonable duration, they can science up the damage math however they like

I mean, I'm just afraid that they'll make each hit taken cost like 10 energy or something. but I wouldn't mind if they made it so there's an incentive to explode every now and then. Like if it could quickly charge up to 100k+ radioactive damage it could be useful. Be completely invincible and wipe out the map every now and then.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

I ran a 40 minute survival with Octavia a few hours ago and the song I was using is still stuck in my head.

I'm not sure I understand, what is the problem?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hobbesmaster posted:

The only problems are those you bring upon yourself.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRok5OCnhes&t=11s

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

don't make fun of my amazing riven for this incredible gun that isn't terrible and I haven't sold and still have for some reason

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

kinda hoping garuda gets some polishing up. i'm already not a fan of her 4 being another 'toggle on and move around' skill and the animation for it doesn't help at all. also the thing where you crack an enemy open like a cold one to make a shield seems like it's really finicky.

I like the look of her 4 and if it radial javelin'd people when you turned it off that would also be really cool, it looked like it was doing aoe damaging when deactivated but i didn't see people pinned to the floor and wall with blades. But the very very first thing I thought and felt when I saw it was exactly what you're saying here. It's very Nyx like, it isn't going to compete with other gently caress-this-entire-room ults, and it doesn't look as fun as the rest of her kit. She should either have something that almost puts her on autopilot running around and ripping through every thing like a combo of valk and ash, or just something way way different that doesn't compete with nuke ults.

The shield could definitely be widened a little bit but I do like that it isn't a new iron skin/warding halo or even shatter shield/turbulence.

Needs more bones and gore. Still metal as hell though.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Also speed up the animation of the stab, somewhat.

Or just Atlas it and make the dive and rip'n'tear portion of attack invincible.

Gonkish posted:

Saryn is bae

Saryn is bae

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Babe Magnet posted:

don't make fun of my amazing riven for this incredible gun that isn't terrible and I haven't sold and still have for some reason

The game is lenient enough to use any weapon you find fun. My fav unpopular weapons with rivens are Aksomati, Staticor (kamehameha!) and Pantera.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh I know, I've put too many forma into lovely weapons lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What is a good mix of range/duration/eff/power for a frame like Gara? curious how much I'll need to forma her to make use of her splinters.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What is a good mix of range/duration/eff/power for a frame like Gara? curious how much I'll need to forma her to make use of her splinters.

I use Narrow Minded with Stretch to offset, leaving range at 79%. Strength should be at 130% minimum to get max damage reduction on Splinter Storm, but having more is by no means a bad thing. Duration should be your highest stat. I just run Streamline for efficiency, but I also run Zenurik so energy is less of an issue.

My full build:

Natural Talent is a bit of a personal taste thing, but I'm fond of casting Mass Vitrify in midair to get better vertical wall coverage, and it helps a bunch with that.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Babe Magnet posted:

'sup, Spectra riven buddy.

Edit: I think that my rocket pistol is still probably my dumbest riven'd secondary.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 20, 2018

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

quote:

Edit: I think that my rocket pistol is still probably my dumbest riven'd secondary.

I have always liked the Angstrum and I did not know that rivens were that good on it. :stare:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

wid posted:

My fav unpopular weapons- Staticor-

T-the second most powerful sidearm on the game at the Atmos' only rival?!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Flytrap posted:

T-the second most powerful sidearm on the game at the Atmos' only rival?!

For real, it has a 1 dispo for a reason.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Riven transmuters are not tradeable? poo poo, guess I can just melt them into endo.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Vauban's 1 should deploy 1/2/3 turrets that copy his primary weapon at 30/50/70% damage.

Hire me DE.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Every time I see a ghouls event I keep wondering when the giant circular saw that you could ride like a motor bike is coming.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd like if vauban had a 'gently caress nullifiers' button. that alone would make him worth using.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd like if vauban had a 'gently caress nullifiers' button. that alone would make him worth using.

They should do this and also give him a unique extra Sentinel, Khora-style.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Make it his hat.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm trying to level vauban at the moment and it sucks. Advice?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So is there something awful terrible about Khora I'm missing? I got her really early into my gave when I got my first coupon ever. Used her for pretty much the enitre starmap and she's still listed on my profile as my most used by...a lot. Limbo is the only one that comes close. But every time I see her brought up while watching Youtube is in utter disgust.

Like comments I see popping up--and not even in the comments, like the actual video--is that 'yo Garuda really needs to be amazing since Revenant and Khora were lovely trash garbage and has left a bad taste in all of our mouths am I right?" But I'm here like...she seems like one of the better and more versatile frames in the game?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Khora is absolutely fine and good. It's only when compared to warframes that are invincible, make their teammates invincible, murder the entire enemy strength at range without line of sight, or do some combination of those that she falters.

To be fair that list isn't short.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

khora is incredibly strong. at first i thought you might be watching old videos from when khora was apparently awful but since you mentioned garuda i guess that isn't the case. maybe it's garbage youtubers who haven't tried her since her fixes and immediately wrote her off?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The murderous nature of her farm turns a lot of people against her, and I'd be lying if I said that was unjustified.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

A lot of people on youtube have no idea what fun is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Khora's Whipclaw is among the strongest quick strike attacks in the game, it can draw from Rivens, and when you pair that with Accumulating Whipclaw it's numbers can get abso-loving-lutely bonkers.

Also I am entirely in love with strangledome for CC - if you've never tried a 280% Range strangledome and murdered half a map for 30 seconds, you haven't lived.

Khora rulez.