Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kuvo posted:

freelancing.jpg

Maelstrom winning, I see nothing wrong here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I've been on flame teams that managed to recover from being 200+ point down to taking first twice now. They also seem to get pincered a lot more even when they're not winning.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Going with the soiled mattress from a jail cell color scheme for their gear was an interesting choice for the Adder. Maybe a nice shade of green instead?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Going with the soiled mattress from a jail cell color scheme for their gear was an interesting choice for the Adder. Maybe a nice shade of green instead?

The elementals decree that you shall be piss coloured.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
‘Hey Bobeaux, what should our color design be?’

‘Phlegm. But phlegm from a day when you are sick and drinking tons of coffee.’

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Little late on this, but being afraid to run low on TP is the ice mage of melee.

It makes me feel like

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

O10S is worse than Superman 64 because they are both boring garbage but O10S was made like what, 2 decades later?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
13m run of The Burn. Couldn't believe how fast everything died. Only 1 jump on the last 2 bosses.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
To the 1% crafters in this thread: is it worthwhile to have retainers leveled in crafting? I have one for each gathering job as the prospect of "free" mats every few hours is hard to turn down but I can't really see the value in crafting retainers.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

pupuru posted:

To the 1% crafters in this thread: is it worthwhile to have retainers leveled in crafting? I have one for each gathering job as the prospect of "free" mats every few hours is hard to turn down but I can't really see the value in crafting retainers.

Retainers can't be crafting classes. It's useful to have one as a combat class for skins and the like

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Sam AoE absolutely shreds and I get mad at every single sam I see doing a mediocre single target rotation on one monster in a pack of six. It's killer on TP but, like usual, if you run out of TP and things are still alive it's usually because the rest of the party aren't doing their jobs.

I know, right? I just don't get people who don't AOE.

You run out of TP very fast, but while you still have juice you're a human blender turning everything around you into a fine paste.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

onesixtwo posted:

Which boots and shorts are those?

Here's the whole list:

Weapon: Bronze War Axe
Head: Classic Specs
Body: Survival Shirt (Mole Brown)
Arms: False Nails (Soot Black)
Legs: Spring Bottoms (Shadow Blue)
Feet: Spring Shoes (Dalamud Red)

Its pretty much all cheap/low level stuff

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Little late on this, but being afraid to run low on TP is the ice mage of melee.

It makes me feel like

nice upskirt

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The moment Nanamo was revealed to be alive was basically the moment they quietly swept all of the ARR issues under the rug.

It still kinda amuses me that the Heavensward preview CGI cutscene thing has these menacing shots of Lolorito, and generally implies that the poisoning of Nanamo was some major plot moment and he was going to be a major antagonist, but then later that whole plot beat is just sorta swept under the rug as "yeah Lolorito* basically dealt with it behind the scenes, everything's cool and everyone overreacted over nothing."

Part of me wonders if they had debated making Lolorito an actual Heavensward antagonist at some point and then just changed their mind as they developed the plot.

* no spoilers if Lolorito suddenly becomes evil against later in Stormblood

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

If they ever do a Cataclysm style expansion it'd be the perfect time to bring back Lolorito/Monetarists overthrowing the monarchy, do something with the Elementals and Padjal in Gridania, and...idk have drunk pirates wreck up the place in Limsa cause they're made about the Sahagin, or taxes and regulations or something.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I still can't get over that they basically annulled the ending of ARR barely 1 level into HW. I don't think you can even run the first HW dungeon before they go "Oh she's fine"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

thewizardofshoe posted:

If they ever do a Cataclysm style expansion it'd be the perfect time to bring back Lolorito/Monetarists overthrowing the monarchy, do something with the Elementals and Padjal in Gridania, and...idk have drunk pirates wreck up the place in Limsa cause they're made about the Sahagin, or taxes and regulations or something.

ARR was the Cataclysm expansion

RME
Feb 20, 2012

o10s is good because now everyone can die to the easiest mechanic in the world, exaflare, without stepping into ultimate

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Countblanc posted:

ARR was the Cataclysm expansion

:hmmyes:

but no flying until hw? :thunk:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

RME posted:

o10s is good because now everyone can die to the easiest mechanic in the world, exaflare, without stepping into ultimate

it may not have worked the last seven times, but i will definitely be able to squeeze in between these two rolling explosions at half health now

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
10s sucks

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Bolow posted:

You know that brings up something that's been bothering me.

Maelstrom has good glamours, good city and good PvP, it's obvious why you'd pick that GC

Flames has good glamours, and fast queues, which is especially good if you're a botting piece of poo poo

But who the gently caress actually picks Adders, for any reason.

I picked maelstrom because I will never unequip the <Storm Puppy> title
:regd09:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bolow posted:

You know that brings up something that's been bothering me.

Maelstrom has good glamours, good city and good PvP, it's obvious why you'd pick that GC

Flames has good glamours, and fast queues, which is especially good if you're a botting piece of poo poo

But who the gently caress actually picks Adders, for any reason.

i mean, id take the adders flag lady out on a coffee date, she seems nice

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I hear somebody likes unsolicited dick pics glamor shots?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

How do all your screenshots look so drat good, goons? All of mine look like a screenshot of Runescape.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

How do all your screenshots look so drat good, goons? All of mine look like a screenshot of Runescape.

Reshade, loving with it for a few hours, getting good at handling lighting, and maybe a 3rd party trainer to let you force time of day and do some animations your normally can't :v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

close runescape

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
I literally only picked Maelstrom because the guy they sent to the Waking Sands gave me an actual salute. Not some weird click-your-heels-and-strike-a-pose salute, not some faux fantasy-bang-my-chest salute, a real honest-to-God military salute. That's the good stuff right there.

Oh, and I liked the red uniforms too.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Reshade helps, but play around with the gpose settings. Change the FOV, wiggle the camera around at different angles, look the different ability animations, all that poo poo. Just hitting /gpose isn't gonna get you a good shot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tried to make a character on Mateus so I could go gawk at roleplayers

It was open when I started creation, and closed by the time I was done.

Please make a :lala: emote for this thread, thank you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That is very cool imho

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Please do not post Monster Hunter screenshots in this thread.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I actually have no idea what Reshade is or how to make it work but yeah, gpose, loving around with the lighting settings, know where to stop/start an animation for the proper pose, fiddling around with camera angles and the built-in gpose filters (I find it hard to go wrong with bright 2/bright 4, personally), those are some good starts.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Monathin posted:

I actually have no idea what Reshade is or how to make it work but yeah, gpose, loving around with the lighting settings, know where to stop/start an animation for the proper pose, fiddling around with camera angles and the built-in gpose filters (I find it hard to go wrong with bright 2/bright 4, personally), those are some good starts.

Same, and I play on PS4 so no reshade anyway. The other thing is you can flip the camera sideways, so that you can get closer while still getting a full body shot, and then rotate it in any image editor before posting.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Unsolicited housing photo dump inc.

Managed to save up and find a medium plot in The Goblet (being on Exodus helps). I spent a week working on this and gathering mats to craft a lot of it. My wife laid out the top floor, while I handled the main floor and the basement.

Main floor

Top floor

Basement

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leofish posted:

Unsolicited housing photo dump inc.

Managed to save up and find a medium plot in The Goblet (being on Exodus helps). I spent a week working on this and gathering mats to craft a lot of it. My wife laid out the top floor, while I handled the main floor and the basement.

Main floor

Top floor

Basement

The way this is lit and arranged reminds me a lot of Morrowind.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

FactsAreUseless posted:

The way this is lit and arranged reminds me a lot of Morrowind.

I've never played Morrowind so I can't say there was an inspiration there. I like to keep my houses fairly open. I like lots of space, but I wanted to make lots of room for sitting and being social when I have FC mates over. I'm not skilled enough to do some of the really slick, modern style housing that I sometimes see, so I stuck to something more simple.

Also, at first I thought you wrote "this is way lit."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Never actually posted my catgirl in here, so might as well:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

These absolute fuckers, locking a new hairstyle behind a contest.