Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Actually, would you post your repeater build? I put a Lebensauger / P90 build together last night but it didn’t really work. I wasted too much ammo on the Lebensauger without getting successful headshots to boost my reload speed. The recon scope is also godawful, couldn’t see basically 1/4 of my screen. Might switch to a red dot if I try again, the only enemies far away enough to need magnification for headshots are snipers, and those have no health.

Or somehow get silencer skills and use the contractor? I don’t know. Having no laser throws me off bad, I almost never use the sights in this game.

Would aced HVT and frenzerker Anarchist let you 1hit dozers on Mayhem? It says they have slightly under 12k health, so I think if they’re marked and more than 10m away that would do it. 30% health brings the base damage to 7500 on the thanatos.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Actually, would you post your repeater build? I put a Lebensauger / P90 build together last night but it didn’t really work. I wasted too much ammo on the Lebensauger without getting successful headshots to boost my reload speed. The recon scope is also godawful, couldn’t see basically 1/4 of my screen. Might switch to a red dot if I try again, the only enemies far away enough to need magnification for headshots are snipers, and those have no health.

Or somehow get silencer skills and use the contractor? I don’t know. Having no laser throws me off bad, I almost never use the sights in this game.

Would aced HVT and frenzerker Anarchist let you 1hit dozers on Mayhem? It says they have slightly under 12k health, so I think if they’re marked and more than 10m away that would do it. 30% health brings the base damage to 7500 on the thanatos.

Lack of laser sight does suck for the repeater, I'll grant you that. Here's the skills for you or anybody else that wants to try something new.

*last 2 points are put in the basic ghost skills for more sprinting and the 30% 5 second speed boost when my armor breaks. You'll need 1-2 infamies for the skill tree discount to make it happen.

Note how I don't have Graze, let alone any sniper skills. I love frenzerker that much since even if you take no health damage/spawn in with just those skills, you will always have a +40%* boost for any weapon except explosives.
*According to the wiki. I personally never did the number crunching myself but the results are satisfactory for me in practice loving around with this.
That alone is enough to make the repeater DW viable to pop any enemy in the head for a OHK, except for dozers and boss enemies like the commissar. Coupled with its high fire rate and generous ammo pick up, and my preference for the one-by-one reloading, it works well.
As long as you get used to it. The irons are awkward for the inexperienced and I hate the scope due to its iron-sighting sway. I never used the lebensauger/desertfox much and they both look so similar I keep mistaking one for the other. Contractor 308 might be a better beginner-friendly sniper for this type of fuckery since it's more or less an armor piercing M308 with less ammo in semi auto only.

Important note with frenzerker in general: any green health damage you take will give you that much more damage, up to a pixel-wide sliver. At that point any more damage will incap you, but at that thin breakpoint, you can also OHK "green" cops with a bodyshot anywhere. Even on DW. Also makes virtually everything viable damage-wise, and lets me spice things up by trying out other weird weapons for variety or more serious situations. (like LMGs :human being:)
And for snipers like the nagant/R93 that deal a whopping 500 damage a shot when you have half of any perk deck filled out, the above build allows you to OHK any green or tan anywhere on their body on Overkill.

Also: use the goddamn secondary flamethrower. It is as OP as it sounds and looks with its magic infinite reservoir of ammo.

That is if you slap on a low-temperature mixture tank, and you should. The actual fire particle contact damage means nothing; the afterburn and stun is where it is at. Also why it's better to put dragon's breath in the low-damage/high-ammo shotguns.

And yeah, maniac perk deck. Flat damage resistance so it doesn't scale that well, but with a full bar, frenzy's aced 25% resistance, and the iron man suit plus constant bullseye procs with the flamethrower, you are deceptively durable. Most of the time. Also with the +6% team boosts to try to help out random pubs because I'm a nice guy like that.

Big downside with this exact loadout is that you absolutely suck poo poo against bulldozers unless you can pull off a fully-charged 1600x melee attack to maybe one hit them. Dozer hunting is not this build's strongsuit: picking off everything else is.

The above all works for me though, hopefully it or a reasonable facsimile thereof also works for you :tipshat:

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 17, 2018

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Thanks. I think I might try that but with Anarchist. Maybe one version with the stability and accuracy skills alongside the Contractor too. I’ll try Maniac too, but it seems like the Anarchist heal on damage thing would be amazing with the flamethrower.

Does a flamethrower set a shield on fire?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Thanks. I think I might try that but with Anarchist. Maybe one version with the stability and accuracy skills alongside the Contractor too. I’ll try Maniac too, but it seems like the Anarchist heal on damage thing would be amazing with the flamethrower.

Does a flamethrower set a shield on fire?

You bet it does. It won't stun or interrupt shields but it will certainly kill it. It'll also mess up tasers and usually make cloakers not kick you in the balls.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Will it stop a medic from healing as well? I’ve never used a flamethrower and barely used dragon’s breath.

I want to try turning my Stryk build into a dodge one as well. The only thing it has on the buzzsaw right now is dozer melting slightly faster. Not sure whether I want to use an explosive pistol crossbow or 5-7 with it though. Pistol skills can be ridiculous.

Medics aren't that phased by fire and will still heal through it. For that regular weapons are better to dispatch them.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 17, 2018

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Will it stop a medic from healing as well? I’ve never used a flamethrower and barely used dragon’s breath.

I want to try turning my Stryk build into a dodge one as well. The only thing it has on the buzzsaw right now is dozer melting slightly faster. Not sure whether I want to use an explosive pistol crossbow or 5-7 with it though. Pistol skills can be ridiculous.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Fire does not stop medic healing; they will heal enemies through it. The afterburn can still kill people that have been recently healed, however.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I spoke poorly, will it stop a medic from healing people? Like does their flailing around prevent them from using their ability? Because that would be pretty fantastic.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I spoke poorly, will it stop a medic from healing people? Like does their flailing around prevent them from using their ability? Because that would be pretty fantastic.

IIRC Medics and Dozers don't flail around doing the "It sucks I'm on fire" dance so no dice there.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Very little does the flailing animation when they're burning alive, just non-specials and tasers. Maybe snipers too but they die instantly anyway. Shields might look like they do but that's also just them dying instantly.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
:siren:BREAKING NEWS:siren:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/1703942864376352557

Crimefest 2018 is coming.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I look forward to more lore.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
The icon for Day 6 kinda looks like it's gonna be No Mercy. I say that with full awareness that people have speculated No Mercy is just around the corner no really for real this time guys for... years? So I guess this time it's my turn to do so.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's pretty much their last chance to do it as a Halloween heist so it really ought to be this time.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Think I'm gonna re-install the game next week.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And the second to last day has a loving twitch icon. Guys, this isn't the time to talk up a stream. This is possibly your last Crimefest for Payday 2.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's just going to be Wordsmith explaining the plot and why Q the president's evil clone didn't let us bypass biometric security and solve The Secret.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

vox is getting brought on as another heistgiver

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
After some time with OVERKILL's other game, Walking Dead, I'm wording if its sim management stuff will find its way into a hypothetical Payday 3 where you are a crime syndicate. Its a little bit nightmarish to imagine them basically putting in extra randomized clicker poo poo in between your actual real heists. But it works if you're replacing bain and just making Crime.net global. But it'd only be worth if it eventually gave you rewards that mattered like masks, mods and guns.

Oh yeah, they're experimenting with color tiered guns in TWD. There's a good chance that poo poo is going to be showing up elsewhere if the game makes money.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_IFQltvCtY

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
is walking dude out yet or something I have heard zilch about it since that bait and switch years ago

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
It is in spurts of closed beta and is planning to release this November. What it shows has some serious issues for a game that received apparently an extra year of development next to RAID, and I'm not sure how truly fair it is to call this beta with November 6th 3 weeks away. Its survival action shooting, with 2 types of enemies, the predictable zombie hordes that grow with the amount of noise produced by guns fired, car alarms triggered or explosions made by you or the second enemy type, other human shitlords with cop like aim boting.

Classes are a little bit more fleshed out, with there also apparently being SECRET characters to be unlocked somehow and skills can eventually be interchangeable between most of them outside of extra gun type ammo and damage if you upgrade your survivor camp and passive skills that everyone can access. Imagine if all perk decks were always active if you spend enough skill points across all of your characters in them. Low level play is a grind, but it shows signs of making your characters death gods eventually that may or may not be needed for difficulties above normal. Because like it or not, OVERKILL's Walking Dude is harder than Payday 2.

Guns degrade with use in each mission, you have to always have scrap on hand to pay your undead land lord every few in game days or morale will go bad, you have to pay attention in mission to actually pick up all the supplies you can find whether its ammo, lunch bags yo momma made you, crafting materials or specialty traps/boxes that may contain high level weapons or mods before you EVEN GET TO MAYBE SOME BAGS TO THROW. Because randomly generated around the various paths you can take in missions are poo poo like chems that you can craft some solution to pick up supplies from a draino bottle or you can save that for a loving trip wire bomb that was maybe placed in the level that insta-kills your dumb poo poo pubby team walking right into it. But you have to actually craft that poo poo and find the materials to keep making stuff like medic bags or lock picks, because you can potentially have an infinite amount of them but you'll need to find the bandages and chemicals required to MacGyver up more.

It has potential to be something interesting, but goddamn it does the pubstove burn hotter with little sign of goons jumping in on this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Played the beta some too, I was super apprehensive because other than Telltale S1, Walking Dead games don't exactly have a hot history but I was pleasantly surprised, game looks and feels nice to kills zambies in, plus it's a lot more methodical feeling compared to usual zombo shooters too, which is something I've always kind of wanted to see more of.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FAUXTON posted:

vox is getting brought on as another heistgiver

The Pedant is sending us to Union Station for another train job. We're stealing onto a train that's leaving there soon, to grab its cargo, some- wait, what?

Ditch the cargo, just bring you the train?

You want as many trains as possible?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 20, 2018

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I hope we steal trains the same way you did it in Ballad of Gay Tony

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The Pedant is sending us to Union Station for another train job. We're stealing onto a train that's leaving there soon, to grab its cargo, some- wait, what?

Ditch the cargo, just bring you the train?

You want as many trains as possible?

Sorry, guys- now's no time to Take a Break. Brick, "The Chef" has some missions for us, including raiding a history museum for old militaria. You'll go in disguised as Bodhi's food truck. Extraction will be the tank in the front courtyard.

Yardbomb posted:

Played the beta some too, I was super apprehensive because other than Telltale S1, Walking Dead games don't exactly have a hot history but I was pleasantly surprised, game looks and feels nice to kills zambies in, plus it's a lot more methodical feeling compared to usual zombo shooters too, which is something I've always kind of wanted to see more of.

I always tend to get turned off of zombie games when they start throwing in special zombies. Like I'd just be down for a version of L4D that's rebalanced around just fighting the chaff zombies.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 20, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So far there is only like 3 kinds of zambis, regular, military dudes in armor you have to be careful about by stealth killing or hitting them enough to knock the helmet off and the fat guys that tip over and explode in a damaging pile of poo poo.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
“The Pedant’s got an...interesting job lined up this time, friends. You ever hear of something called GoonCoin - some big electronic currency kak? Well, apparently it’s up to some kranksinnig high amount versus the dollar, and all you need to do is take control of some server farm and keep an eye on things while the money collects itself. Simple enough, yeah?”

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Plan Z posted:

I always tend to get turned off of zombie games when they start throwing in special zombies. Like I'd just be down for a version of L4D that's rebalanced around just fighting the chaff zombies.

I guess the feeling is that with only one enemy type it would end up getting boring too quickly. Special zombies are generally complications and when you have multiple types it creates varied scenarios by combining them together.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Plan Z posted:

Yeah that was kind of the feeling I got from this, like Crabtree said there's some 'specials' already, but they're fairly mundane and still fit in with the idea of the real danger being how many of them roll up.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The Walking Dead's current theme and what we're learning about future seasons is that the scariest and most dangerous thing isn't its walkers, its the humans with guns. They're like a tertiary antagonist and environment obstacle compared to traps/resource management and going up against the human enemy of the level. But it is very easy to gently caress up and make a true swarm of them hit you.

The key is to quickly learn how to stay quiet, including preemptively shooting/hitting cars before the alarm triggers to remove it, have a group that casts a wide net of skills to handle as many environment hazards as possible and to bring the best and most effective guns to a level. Playing with Scruffy and Misrevus has shown me that its very forgiving in utilizing the same kind of violent stealth in a level if you're bold enough. Even rushing in with melee weapons against humans when you're spotted can mitigate them from a huge fire fight that ups your noise level.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 21, 2018

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

TheObserver posted:

“The Pedant’s got an...interesting job lined up this time, friends. You ever hear of something called GoonCoin - some big electronic currency kak? Well, apparently it’s up to some kranksinnig high amount versus the dollar, and all you need to do is take control of some server farm and keep an eye on things while the money collects itself. Simple enough, yeah?”
"gently caress me, we needed those ancaps - I'm going with RAM stick."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

TheObserver posted:

John Zoidberg and I literally submitted an entry to a create-a-heist contest level that included an optional cryptocurrency objective on day 3.

Day 2's contents were heavily reworked and turned into fodder for Beneath the Mountain and Henry's Rock.

The Medicdozers and Minigun dozers were also based on my submissions.

I have no regrets.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Folks, it's finally dawned on me what this game truly misses in terms of contractors, Gilbert Gottfried.

Day 1:"Well if it isn't DC's second worst clown act! You kids really need to step up your GAME if you wanna outshine a PERPETUALLY SCREECHING, ORANGE PUCKERED ANUS, but - eh, we'll get to that in time. NOW LISTEN UP, because this first one's a doozy. I want you to make someone else rob a bank or two. I know, weird right?! WHY WOULD I HIRE YOU SCHMUCKS TO GET SOME OTHER BOZO DO DO A JOB? Well, its for - let's say personal reasons these particular, as you'd say, "Limp dick pieces of poo poo" do this. Yeah? So, the Lawanki brothers are visiting the area and I want you to make them new, expendable members of the clown family with these nice little masks I've made for them. WHAT ARE YA, STUPID? DON'T PUT EM ON, they're wired to lock into place and blow when I feel like it! They're a little motivational tool to make them really give it their all while we hit our real target once we've helped them knock over that Murkey Water train station again, while I let the news get wind that they're shipping enough nuclear waste for a dirty bomb.

What, do I need to give you an written invitation!? Get off your asses and grab them! Oh, and make sure this one's nice an Loud! AIN'T A DISTRACTION IF THE COPS DON'T REALLY WANT THOSE DICKHEADS!"

Day 2: "Wait, you got how much out of that shitfest? drat - maybe I should call this off.....NAH, gently caress EM! So while the Dallas Juniors are off waving a fake yellow cake in the hope they'll find some disarm codes that don't exist, I want you losers to put your singular brain cells together and find these beauties down by a certain warehouse. I gots some 'friends' that can work with us, if we get them and claim the reward for returning them, but that ain't the only undocumented valuables hiding out here if ya get what I mean. Misappropriated tax dollars, goods that have been missing since both Iraq Wars, conflict diamonds, you name it they probably have that crap somewhere. And the beautiful thing is, the security codes to the doors is, I poo poo you not, 1-2-3-4-5-6. HOW DID NO ONE ELSE BEAT US TO THIS SCORE?! Oh and -- maybe there's some -- other security stuff but, you've done this Mission Impossible nonsense before, right?

I'd suggest you clowns try to go quiet, ya know, because at this point the NATIONAL GUARD and US ARMY will be out and about because there's A NUCLEAR THREAT IN DC BLARING GUNS AND ELECTRONIC MUSIC; but look who I am talking to. Get my goods secured and I'll provide the fireworks to make the getaway!"

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 23, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Crabtree posted:

Folks, it's finally dawned on me what this game truly misses in terms of contractors, Gilbert Gottfried.

Day 1:"Well if it isn't DC's second worst clown act! You kids really need to step up your GAME if you wanna outshine a PERPETUALLY SCREECHING, ORANGE PUCKERED ANUS, but - eh, we'll get to that in time. NOW LISTEN UP, because this first one's a doozy. I want you to make someone else rob a bank or two. I know, weird right?! WHY WOULD I HIRE YOU SCHMUCKS TO GET SOME OTHER BOZO DO DO A JOB? Well, its for - let's say personal reasons these particular, as you'd say, "Limp dick pieces of poo poo" do this. Yeah? So, the Lawanki brothers are visiting the area and I want you to make them new, expendable members of the clown family with these nice little masks I've made for them. WHAT ARE YA, STUPID? DON'T PUT EM ON, they're wired to lock into place and blow when I feel like it! They're a little motivational tool to make them really give it their all while we hit our real target once we've helped them knock over that Murkey Water train station again, while I let the news get wind that they're shipping enough nuclear waste for a dirty bomb.

What, do I need to give you an written invitation!? Get off your asses and grab them! Oh, and make sure this one's nice an Loud! AIN'T A DISTRACTION IF THE COPS DON'T REALLY WANT THOSE DICKHEADS!"

Day 2: "Wait, you got how much out of that shitfest? drat - maybe I should call this off.....NAH, gently caress EM! So while the Dallas Juniors are off waving a fake yellow cake in the hope they'll find some disarm codes that don't exist, I want you losers to put your singular brain cells together and find these beauties down by a certain warehouse. I gots some 'friends' that can work with us, if we get them and claim the reward for returning them, but that ain't the only undocumented valuables hiding out here if ya get what I mean. Misappropriated tax dollars, goods that have been missing since both Iraq Wars, conflict diamonds, you name it they probably have that crap somewhere. And the beautiful thing is, the security codes to the doors is, I poo poo you not, 1-2-3-4-5-6. HOW DID NO ONE ELSE BEAT US TO THIS SCORE?! Oh and -- maybe there's some -- other security stuff but, you've done this Mission Impossible nonsense before, right?

I'd suggest you clowns try to go quiet, ya know, because at this point the NATIONAL GUARD and US ARMY will be out and about because there's A NUCLEAR THREAT IN DC BLARING GUNS AND ELECTRONIC MUSIC; but look who I am talking to. Get my goods secured and I'll provide the fireworks to make the getaway!"

oh gently caress

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

gently caress contractor, I'd throw down cash in a heartbeat for heister Gilbert Gottfried.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The pager responses, just imagine. :allears:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

The pager responses, just imagine. :allears:

An entire read, in full, of The Aristocrats.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 23, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Gilbert Gottfried's signature weapon should be a really lovely budget hi-point or something but engraved/enbalmed the gently caress out of it

Also his perk deck should basically be the revenant tree 2.0 so off in the distance you'll hear him madly wail every 10 seconds after slipping and falling on his rear end like he has anal lube on his shoes as the cloaker keeps kicking him in the balls

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

43 new achievements. I'm not copying the text here because :effort: but presumably these are for No Mercy and whatever else Crimefest gives us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

He that fights and run [sic] away, may turn and fight another day; but he that is in battle slain, will never rise to fight again.
Here's a few more that I've managed to recover. No idea what they mean but...
A few times every year, there are some jobs that pop up, where you'll meet so many skulls that you think it was made up.
This should be sufficant [sic] to help you on your quest. For now the search for Baldwin continues,
we have to.