Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

StabbinHobo posted:

every ton matters, no matter how much you wish it didnt (me too!)

That really is the "millennials could buy houses if they didn't eat avocado toast" argument. it's undeniable that toast costs a zero amount of dollars and that literally even a penny could be saved towards a theoretical house but it's so profoundly barking up the wrong tree that it's garbage to even talk about the cost of a piece of toast in the discussion about buying a house. It's literally nothing but disingenuous redirection away from the real problems into a blatantly fake false 'personal responsibility" based framework that sidesteps literally any of the real world reasons. There is a specific things that release the absolute vast majority of the co2, those things need to be replaced. Period. Any plan that relies on everyone on earth acting in lockstep with a set of deeply unpopular directives is magical thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Redirect the oil pipeline into the water supply of red counties. Then drop a match into the sink at a diner.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Before the public will accept the big changes of restructuring the transportation grid and cities, building nuclear, and revamping industrial farming, the culture has to change. You change the culture by focusing on individual actions.of caring.

People are real loving dumb about nuclear and it's gonna take a lot to reverse that.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
hoo boy ya'll just post dumb, dumb poo poo

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Party Plane Jones posted:

hoo boy ya'll just post dumb, dumb poo poo

wait do you mean to tell me that this isn't the right place to post demented words of violence and death?

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i ate a mcdonalds cheeseburger today for the first time in weeks it was delicious

the more owl talks the more i understand kulaks and re-education camps

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Mann tweeted this out yesterday btw, the latest in a string of "The IPCC report was optimistic" posts he's been making lately. Considering he's been one of the most prominent doomsayer scolds in past years, yeah poo poo's real bad

https://twitter.com/MichaelEMann/status/1051871585760624642?s=20
This is a nice (scary) article in itself, but it also references a very handy Nature contemporary review of the most likely carbon-dioxide removal (CDR) and radiative-forcing geoengineering (RFG) options. Massive negative emissions are mandatory if you believe the Paris agreements 1.5C target is possible, and realistically even for the 2C target. Given that it's helpful for non-experts to have a short overview of likely CDR/RFG techs that gives a sense for which are feasible and can be deployed on time ie by 2050 (short answer: probably none!). The usual caveat applies, it's not worth getting excited about negative emissions until global emissions start approaching zero.

Probably the most relevant section from the abstract, which can save a lot of reading:

Nature posted:

Evaluating climate geoengineering proposals in the context of the Paris Agreement temperature goals
Published: 13 September 2018
Current mitigation efforts and existing future commitments are inadequate to accomplish the Paris Agreement temperature goals.
Based on present knowledge, climate geoengineering techniques cannot be relied on to significantly contribute to meeting the Paris Agreement temperature goals.

Here is a nice plot from the article summarizing all the various ways we might jigger the climate.

The paper optimistically assumes the Paris agreement short-term emission reduction goals are met, followed by an average emissions reduction rate after 2031. The amount of CO2 that must be removed from the atmosphere and/or required negative radiative-forcing depends on this reduction rate. This is summarized in this plot:

As a baseline the paper assumes ~650GtCO2 will need to be removed from the atmosphere by 2100 (CDRref), equivalent to a sustained negative forcing of 0.6W/m^2. Note this is ~8GtCO2 removed per year for the rest of the century starting now (hahaha).

The key techs and main takeaways:
Afforestation

quote:

Principally the carbon storage potential is large compared to CDRref, given that historic deforestation was 2400±1000 Gt(CO2)16.(wowowow)
More realistic estimates therefore range from about 0.5–3.5 Gt(CO2)/yr by 2050, increasing to 4–12 Gt(CO2)/yr by 210027,28,33, implying a total removal potential of about 120–450 Gt(CO2) from 2015 to 2100

BECCS

quote:

High-end estimates for BECCS in the literature involve underlying assumptions ... resulting in an uptake of ~10 Gt(CO2)/yr by 2050, with estimates for 2100 being similar or possibly even higher
Assuming a linear development to 10Gt(CO2)/yr until 2050 and constant thereafter would imply a cumulative removal potential by 2100 of ~700 Gt(CO2), i.e., exceeding CDRref.

Biochar

quote:

This results in a much lower estimated maximum removal potential for biochar, ~2–2.5 Gt(CO2)/yr, or up to ~200 Gt(CO2) by 2100, although, as with BECCS, this could possibly be enhanced by additional use of residue biomass from agriculture and forestry.

Agricultural land use

quote:

Earlier studies suggested a very limited possible role for soil enrichment; however, more recent analyses suggest a physical removal potential of ~200 Gt(CO2) by 2100, i.e., a significant fraction of CDRref, and this could possibly be increased up to 500 Gt(CO2) by practices such as soil carbon enrichment at greater depths.

Ocean iron fertilization (I always thought this was a smart idea)

quote:

However, while early studies indicated that CO2 removal by OIF might be capable of far exceeding CDRref, later studies showed that this neglected many limiting factors, so that the removal capacity is likely less than 400 Gt(CO2) by 2100

Other biomass-based CDR

quote:

A recent assessment has concluded that the expected CO2 removal capacity for each of these would likely be less than 100 Gt(CO2) by 2100, and several would have significant environmental side effects.

Cost of Biomass CDR

quote:

Published values for all of the techniques discussed above can presently only be taken as broadly indicative, and are typically of the order of $100/t(CO2), with the range of values given in the literature for each technique often being a factor of three or more

Weathering

quote:

Due to the abundance of the required raw materials, the physical CO2 removal potential of enhanced weathering is principally much larger than CDRref.
Given that removing a certain mass of CO2 requires a similar mass of weathering material, the operations would need to be comparable to other current mining and mined-materials-processing industries,

Direct air carbon capture and storage - DACCS

quote:

Current estimates for the efficiency of DACCS are technology-dependent, ranging from at best 3 to likely 20 or more times the theoretical minimum, or ~1500–10,000 MJ/t(CO2), implying that removing an amount equivalent to CDRref by 2100 would require a continuous power supply of approximately 400–2600GW. Combined with the energy requirements for (1) and (3) (equivalent to about 100GW), this represents about 20–100% of the current global electricity generation of ~2700GW.
The physical CO2 removal potential of DACCS far exceeds CDRref, provided the high energy requirements could be met; there are no significant principal limitations in terms of the material availability or CO2 storage capacity (see Box 2), and even the manufacture of millions of extraction devices annually would not be unfeasible

Cost of Weathering+DACCS

quote:

Published estimates cover a similar range to the biomass-based techniques, from about $20/t(CO2) to over $1000/t(CO2). Better estimates of the costs are particularly important for DACCS, since it essentially represents the cost ceiling for viability of any CDR

Solar Shade

quote:

Space mirror RFG could contribute considerable cooling from a climate physics perspective, based on model simulations using it as a proxy for RFG in general; however, proposals for implementation rely on extensive future technology developments and a dramatic reduction in material transport costs from ~10,000$/kg to less than 100$/kg.

Surface-Based RFG

quote:

Furthermore, for proposed surface-based RFG techniques, a recent literature assessment has shown that their potential maximum cooling effects are either too limited (i.e., well below RFGref), or are associated with substantial side effects

Stratospheric aerosol injection

quote:

Model studies, as well as evidence from past volcanic eruptions, indicate a maximum potential cooling (negative radiative forcing) ranging from 2W/m2 to over 5W/m2, i.e., well above RFGref, though the upper end of the range would require extremely large injection amounts (comparable to the current global anthropogenic sulfur pollutant emissions of about 100Tg(SO2)/yr).

Marine sky brightening

quote:

Similar to SAI, the limited knowledge about key microphysical and dynamical processes involved results in a large uncertainty in the maximum cooling that could be achieved via MSB, with estimates ranging from 0.8 to 5.4 W/m2, i.e., likely well above RFGref.

Cirrus cloud thinning

quote:

A maximum net cooling in the range of 2–3.5W/m2, considerably exceeding RFGref, has been computed based on model simulations
On the other hand, some studies have found that CCT might not work at all, or might even produce a net warming. (ooops)

SUMMARY

quote:

Given the meagre knowledge surrounding technique scalability, at present only indicative orders of magnitude can be given for costs: approximately $100/t(CO2) for CDR techniques (i.e., over $800 billion/yr to achieve CDRref between 2020 and 2100); and possibly as low as $10 billion/yr for the atmospheric RFG techniques to provide RFGref, though such low costs may never be achievable due to technological challenges upon scaling up.
Finally, based on the current knowledge reviewed here, proposed climate geoengineering techniques cannot be relied on to be able to make significant contributions, e.g., at the levels of CDRref or RFGref, towards counteracting climate change in the context of the Paris Agreement. Even if climate geoengineering techniques were ever actively pursued, and eventually worked as envisioned on global scales, they would very unlikely be implementable prior to the second half of the century

IMO the last point is the most important. Even IF negative emission techs become feasible, by that time it will likely be too late to prevent dangerous warming. Realistically the tech needs to exist and be well understood RIGHT NOW for immediate widescale implementation, and none of the options are ready.

The paper seemed more positive about DACCS then I expected, or at least as positive as it could be about an option that requires energy use equivalent up to 100% of current total global generation to work.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

StabbinHobo posted:

i ate a mcdonalds cheeseburger today for the first time in weeks it was delicious

Why did every bit count till you did it?

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rime posted:

actively working to overthrow global capitalism

I don't even disagree, but even assuming by some miracle the behemoth is brought down, it's not going to be a smooth crash. Individual efforts etc. still can protect pockets of resources, which is worth something.

We're all going the way of the dinosaur eventually, one way or another. No reason to go down without a fight, and no reason to be terrible to each other if we can help it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Carbon sequestration is such a weird concept to me. I mean think of it like this; you capture carbon dioxide, concentrate it, and then put in in a mine. How is this different from buying barrels of oil and then just putting those in a mine? If we had stores of super-concentrated carbon it would make an excellent fuel source, so wouldn't we just immediately want to burn it again?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Not burning it in the first place is obviously preferable, yes. If we had a way to take it out of the atmosphere for free though, then we could burn as much of it as we wanted as long as it we kept the ppm of CO2 at pre-industrial levels. This is, of course, a fantasy and not worth thinking about.

Carbon itself is not a fuel source, hydrocarbons are. If you can capture carbon from the atmosphere and make it into graphite or something then it's not going to end up back in the atmosphere any time soon.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Salt Fish posted:

Carbon sequestration is such a weird concept to me. I mean think of it like this; you capture carbon dioxide, concentrate it, and then put in in a mine. How is this different from buying barrels of oil and then just putting those in a mine? If we had stores of super-concentrated carbon it would make an excellent fuel source, so wouldn't we just immediately want to burn it again?

Eventually, geoengineering will permit environmental remediation at scale.

The field's so undeveloped as to basically not exist, though. It's new stuff. Right now, it only really shows up as a fudge factor where you get to assume X gigatons of sequestration and you fudge your apparent carbon budget to pretext burning more fossil fuels. This engenders a lot of hostility from people toward this and its R&D budgets.

But it's got a real future as a serious means of remediating the environment.

Edit: As a term, Geoengineering is a bit fuzzy but I'm considering it as inclusive of weather modification and ecological engineering.

Examples of what these refer to:
  • Geoengineering - Stratospheric aerosol injection.
  • Weather Modification - Cloud seeding.
  • Ecological Engineering - Afforestation.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 21, 2018

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
geoengineering was pretty much verboten in the aughts because there was the belief that if people started talking geoengineering it would allow us to continue with current or higher emission levels while engaging in some fairly risky technology that could easily backfire based on not knowing enough about the interactions between various systems that we were going to meddle with.

now that there's no feasible way to cut emissions to avoid catastrophic damage, geoengineering is pretty much necessary to keep the positive feedback loops in check while we scramble to cut emissions. We need some kind of geoengineering treaty ratified to put a stop to any deranged billionaire or small state that's disappearing beneath the waves from setting out and doing their own thing because otherwise there's going to be a lot of rogue geoengineering projects doing serious damage to a pretty fragile situation. And the current treaties don't seem to be doing much.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 21, 2018

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Dreylad posted:

some kind of geoengineering treaty

Fully agreed. I did a little reading recently and didn't find much. There's a Vietnam-era accord banning the offensive use of weather modification during war time because we were loving around with cloud seeding.

But you did remind me of a bill which is currently parked in committee. H.R. 4586 - Geoengineering Research Evaluation Act of 2017. It's focused on Solar Radiation Management (SRM), requests a research agenda and recommendations for governance of said agenda's implementation. This part of the findings section was interesting. It's in reference to an NAS report from '15 on geoengineering:

quote:

(7) The Academies’ reports recommended investing in the research and development of methods of carbon dioxide removal and disposal at scales that would impact the climate. They also recommended the development and implementation of a dedicated albedo modification research program that furthers basic climate science, understanding of human interaction with the climate system, and improved detection of changes in radiative forcing.

(8) The Academies further recommended the development of a clear framework for governance of albedo modification research that would adjust governance of specified types of research according to the magnitude and nature of a project’s expected impact on radiative forcing and climate. Such a structure should ensure transparency in the research process, extend governance requirements beyond those of general research, and engage civil society and other nontraditional stakeholders in decision-making. Large, high-risk projects should not be implemented without thorough consideration of the outcomes of smaller-scale, low-risk projects.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Why did every bit count till you did it?
you are such a shitposting allstar its almost fun to watch. I said "every ton matters" like seven or eight loving times, verbatim, but that doesn't work for your bi-polar splitters narrative, so you had to minmax it and editorially twist "ton" to "bit".

I could also go back and pull a half dozen quotes about how the goal is to minimize not eliminate flying and you should generally try and chose chicken over beef "by default". etc etc. all my actual comments are based on an almost dogmatic 80/20 "try to reduce your harm and footprint without being nuts about it" approach.

but for some reason your mind is incapable of handling that? its like you have a filter as you read things. if someone is 51% one way, your brain just applies a MAX() function, and if someone is 51% another way it applies a MIN(), and then you go making up the entire rest of the downstream line of reasoning to fit that.

are you simply too unwell to ... reason? to be reasoned with?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are you trying to defend eating beef while insisting that individual action is not worthless?

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChairMaster posted:

Are you trying to defend eating beef while insisting that individual action is not worthless?

perfect example of splitting

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything must be OKFINEGOOD or BANNED there is no room for reduced, managed, constrained, mitigated

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So yes then.

You do understand that there are millions of people who don't eat any meat at all, for reasons much less severe than "meat production is literally destroying the world", right? You can't even make a small sacrifice that wouldn't have much of a genuine impact on your life, yet you still insist that the incredibly huge changes that humanity needs to make to avoid catastrophe are perfectly reasonable and can be achieved by individuals doing the right thing.

Even though you won't. You can't even be bothered to set a good example.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 21, 2018

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChairMaster posted:

You do understand that there are millions of people who don't eat any meat at all, for reasons much less severe than "meat production is literally destroying the world", right? You can't even make a small sacrifice that wouldn't have much of a genuine impact on your life,
what the gently caress are you talking about? do you have me confused with some other poster? the context of the conversation is how americans can reduce their 17 - 20t/year footprint, and my argument is that cutting ~80% of your red meat consumption is good for about 1t. I am specifically arguing in-favor of small sacrifices that wouldn't have much of a genuine impact on ones life. eat 1 or 2 cheesburgers a month instead of 1 or 2 a week. that is the kind of example "sacrifice" i was *literally posting about doing*.

quote:

yet you still insist that the incredibly huge changes that humanity needs to make to avoid catastrophe are perfectly reasonable and can be achieved by individuals doing the right thing.
what the gently caress are you talking about part 2? I "still insist"? how can I "still insist" something I never once insisted? you cannot find a quote in my hundreds of posts in this and the previous thread where I "insist" that.

again, maybe this could be written off as you just being confused about who you're reply to, arguing with some vague hive mind forum caricature, but sorry i have to basically be up front here in saying gently caress you for just making poo poo up and lying about me.

StabbinHobo fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 21, 2018

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Okay I guess I was being way too generous. You're arguing for a straight-up fantasy world in which you make small completely worthless sacrifices that mean absolutely nothing and serve no function other than to help you feel better about how global human civilization is going to be over soon.

Forgive me, I thought those people moved on after the latest IPCC report.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there you go splitting again

i can't fix it so i quit

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Your entire basic premise is completely flawed, dude. The math doesn't add up at all, we really don't have the time or the atmospheric budget to dick around with pathetic meaningless half-measures like that if we actually gave a poo poo about preventing disaster.

There is no worthwhile individual action a person can take that we are allowed to talk about in this thread.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that one is "learned helplessness"

which I admit, makes perfect logical sense in context. its hard to argue we have any meaningfully greater impact on the world than rats in a lab. but whats the alternative? just pretend you don't know what you're doing? pretend you don't know what gasoline is?

at what point does *not* changing your lifestyle become some kind of psychosis where one half of your brain is screaming and the other half is trying to scream louder ICANTHEARYOUICANTHEARYOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's not learned helplessness, it's "the problem is bigger than reducing my carbon footprint and I'm not delusional enough to think otherwise".

If you want to make an actual difference, reducing your footprint is not the way to do it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

ChairMaster posted:

There is no worthwhile individual action a person can take that we are allowed to talk about in this thread.

I do see three angles here:
  1. What if we're wrong? -- We might have time. Personally, I don't think we do but I could be wrong.
  2. What will we do later? -- We could start now on cultural adaptations to Desert Hellworld. These adaptations overlap with mitigation behaviors so win:win. It'll ease the changes failure will force.

Personally, I think civilization will be unrecognizable by 2100 and individual action will be washed away by the tide. But if 6% of American are vegetarians instead of ~3% when it's time to increase meat prices 10x, things'll go easier. poo poo like that.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Uh chances are my country is not going to exist in 2100 either way, so I'm not particularly concerned with how easy the people living here are going to have it with regards to adapting to a new way of life.

As far as I'm concerned, we can prevent the oncoming dark ages by taking genuine useful action or we can let them happen, I just don't care that much about the difference in severity of the lovely state of the world long after I'm dead.

The argument that every little bit helps make the bad times slightly better is one in which you have already conceded to failure. It's not a worthwhile approach in any way.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 21, 2018

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

I can think of only a few people in the whole world who could singlehandedly "make an actual difference" wrt climate change in a sufficiently short timeframe. Trump, Xi, Wheeler perhaps, and the few billionaires who have the means to crash the economy overnight. That’s it. So in this context using "making an actual difference" as your metric for if such or such action is worthwhile sounds pretty self-defeating.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Flowers For Algeria posted:

I can think of only a few people in the whole world who could singlehandedly "make an actual difference" wrt climate change in a sufficiently short timeframe.

This is because you're still within the confines of a certain way of thinking.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I think the saddest lifestyle choice is claiming you reduce your red meat intake by 80%, that you eat 1-2 cheeseburgers a month and saying that you had your first mcdonalds hamburger in "weeks" in context of saying that like it was a relatively long pause instead of an abnormally short one that implies your red meat intake is now almost all mcdonalds hamburgers.

(or that the numbers and percentages on this page are your prescriptions for what other people should do and not something you yourself can be expected to follow)

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the average american eats just over one pound of beef per week.

if we do some naive napkin math we can call that four quarter-pounder cheeseburgers a week.

an 80% reduction from there would be 3 per month

replace mdcondalds with wherever you get your cheeseburgers, and replace cheeseburgers with whatever form of beef you prefer, it doesn't matter neither of those are the point.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

StabbinHobo posted:

the average american eats just over one pound of beef per week.

It's that you have painted a picture where you either are proscribing numbers even you can't be bothered to follow or are indicated that a majority of your red meat intake is from mcdonalds since you are talking about only "weeks" as the time between when you eat delicious mcdonalds . (which, I guess technically there is nothing actually wrong with but yikes, what a life decision)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Hey gang so I'm trapped in a raging office building inferno right now with hundreds of my coworkers. We all wanna leave cause the CEO never got around to paying for an emergency sprinkler install because he said office fires were a myth and that preparing for them would make us uncompetitive. He and the board of directors also he parked all of their luxury sedans and sports cars right in front of the doors (on accident) and are holding the doors shut and telling us we need to start gently tossing the more expensive office supplies out of the small gaps that we're able to open in the doors. They aren't letting the fire department spray the building because they're afraid it'll ruin the furniture we're supposed to remove, so they're telling us we should try spitting and crying into the fire.

Some of my coworkers agree and have walked into the flames with a few half empty bottles of Dasani. Personally, I think we should just kick the doors open even if it scratches the cars or hits our bosses? But a lot of my coworkers and most of the middle management were aghast at the suggestion and went back to spitting. Please advise???

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Hey gang so I'm trapped in a raging office building inferno right now with hundreds of my coworkers. We all wanna leave cause the CEO never got around to paying for an emergency sprinkler install because he said office fires were a myth and that preparing for them would make us uncompetitive. He and the board of directors also he parked all of their luxury sedans and sports cars right in front of the doors (on accident) and are holding the doors shut and telling us we need to start gently tossing the more expensive office supplies out of the small gaps that we're able to open in the doors. They aren't letting the fire department spray the building because they're afraid it'll ruin the furniture we're supposed to remove, so they're telling us we should try spitting and crying into the fire.

Some of my coworkers agree and have walked into the flames with a few half empty bottles of Dasani. Personally, I think we should just kick the doors open even if it scratches the cars or hits our bosses? But a lot of my coworkers and most of the middle management were aghast at the suggestion and went back to spitting. Please advise???

well i have bad news and good news

the bad news is the entire world outside of your office building is similarly on fire

that's also the good news

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somehow you took two facts:
- i ate a cheeseburger yesterday
- i advocate not doing that every week

and ran that through your MAX() function and turned it into "the majority of [my] read meat intake"

its not a painting, you're delusional

StabbinHobo fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 21, 2018

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlimGoodbody posted:

I think we should just kick the doors open even if it scratches the cars or hits our bosses? But a lot of my coworkers and most of the middle management were aghast at the suggestion and went back to spitting. Please advise???
feel free to start kicking

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's the opposite of what you're saying.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no it is not, thats splitting

the two things are in no way opposed or exclusive to one another

imho, they are co-dependent in fact

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Except one of them is a worthless waste of time and effort and one of them is useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

StabbinHobo posted:

and ran that through your MAX() function and turned it into "the majority of [my] read meat intake"

What I took from it is that your proclamations on the standard you would have others follow is something you apply to yourself so little that you didn't even think out matching all your statements out to even pretend you followed them even for a single page of the thread.