Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, wait. The Bitcoin guy was serious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (28F) sister (24F) has men paying for most of her living expenses.

This has been her MO since she was in college. She'll pick up temp work here and there, but I'd say at least half of her livelihood is financed by various guys who are interested in her. I don't mean just things like free drinks, I mean she lives off guys paying for her poo poo and buying her gifts in hopes of getting laid, which rarely happens.

It's how she's paid her rent, phone bill, gotten expensive things like her laptop and a new iphone, and how she gets drugs. She often lets guys take her out and pay for her dinner. They think they're on a date, she's just looking to get a free meal.

The thing is, she has this way she acts that's all for the purpose of keeping these guys around. Some are friends who want to be more than friends, the rest are random guys she meets from Tinder or at clubs and bars. She flirts with them on and off, stokes interest intermittently to make them believe they have a chance. Whenever she needs something the turns on this flirty personality, they get sucked in, then she'll ghost them for days/weeks on end. And then suddenly she's back with another bone to toss. Rinse and repeat. She always knows when a guy is attracted to her and encourages it. The ones who aren't, she tries to get them interested, and a lot of them fall for it.

We share some social circles so I've seen all of this. She has no job, no stable source of income, and as you'd expect lots of drama with people she knows. I'd say she has at least a half dozen "orbiters" at any time. That's only the real life ones, there's even more on instagram and facebook, tinder, other apps. Random men she adds to "chat". Or they comment on her selfies, etc.

Some eventually realize they're being played but others are there for the long haul. I know two of the IRL ones personally, one has fruitlessly pined after her for nearly five years including two painfully embarrassing love confessions and the other has a pregnant fiancee but I saw on Instagram that he went out dancing with my sister last weekend. She's carried on flirtations with a lot of her friends' boyfriends.

She can't keep a boyfriend of her own for more than a few months because they end up getting ticked that she's still leading all these guys on and won't tell them to gently caress off. She then complains to me about being dumped when she was the one caught sending suggestive texts to other men or effectively going on dates with them, over and over.

It's all a game to her. She expects everyone to play by her rules but acts like the world is ending if they don't.

I don't get it. Why do these guys keep hanging around? Do they truly believe something is going to happen? Because trust me it's not. The most she ever does with any of them is make out while drunk and grind on them in the club. She's flirty and physically affectionate, just enough to make them believe they have a chance at being chosen as "the one" over all the rest. In reality, none of them even qualify. She chases really confident borderline-arrogant guys for herself who often give her the same treatment she gives her orbiters, while the orbiters all have an eager-to-please personality type that's opposite what she's attracted to. She's said all this to me, minus realizing that the guys she goes after are using her in turn, for the ego stroking she gives them.

You're probably thinking okay well none of this hurts me so it's not my business, true! But, recently our parents have started upping their pressure on me to support my sister. They found out she doesn't have a job and are concerned understandably, they called me yesterday to urge me to give her some financial support until she gets on her feet. Apparently she'd been telling them she had a job but that she lost it recently or something and needed money (Which they don't have because they don't work either, long story not relevant). They were under the impression she was facing near eviction and homelessness which.... isn't anywhere close to true. I tried to explain she hasn't been employed the whole time since college. I told them she makes things work out financially by temp work, rooming with five other people to split rent, and the dinner dates and gifts from guys. Now they don't know which one of us to believe. It was incredibly frustrating because my sister can make anyone fall for anything, while all I can do is just keep repeating what I know is true.

Anyway my parents think I should take her in ESPECIALLY if I'm telling the truth. They want me to help her find a job. I don't want to do these things, she'll never apply for anything anyway. I'm trying to distance myself from the party lifestyle to focus on school and building my resume in my field. If my sister moved in with me she wouldn't be able to contribute more than the bare minimum if even that, and she'd bring all her social group's drama around my place, also my boyfriend and I live together and I do not want her around him.

How do I explain this to my parents? I don't want them to see me as a horrible sister and daughter. But I need to live my own life, and my sister can live her's. That's reasonable of me, right?

Tl;dr: My sister uses men for money and attention in leiu of having a permanent job. Our parents don't understand this. They think she's much worse off than she is and are pressuring me to financially support her including letting her move in with me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (28F) sister (24F) has men paying for most of her living expenses.

This has been her MO since she was in college. She'll pick up temp work here and there, but I'd say at least half of her livelihood is financed by various guys who are interested in her. I don't mean just things like free drinks, I mean she lives off guys paying for her poo poo and buying her gifts in hopes of getting laid, which rarely happens.

It's how she's paid her rent, phone bill, gotten expensive things like her laptop and a new iphone, and how she gets drugs. She often lets guys take her out and pay for her dinner. They think they're on a date, she's just looking to get a free meal.

The thing is, she has this way she acts that's all for the purpose of keeping these guys around. Some are friends who want to be more than friends, the rest are random guys she meets from Tinder or at clubs and bars. She flirts with them on and off, stokes interest intermittently to make them believe they have a chance. Whenever she needs something the turns on this flirty personality, they get sucked in, then she'll ghost them for days/weeks on end. And then suddenly she's back with another bone to toss. Rinse and repeat. She always knows when a guy is attracted to her and encourages it. The ones who aren't, she tries to get them interested, and a lot of them fall for it.

We share some social circles so I've seen all of this. She has no job, no stable source of income, and as you'd expect lots of drama with people she knows. I'd say she has at least a half dozen "orbiters" at any time. That's only the real life ones, there's even more on instagram and facebook, tinder, other apps. Random men she adds to "chat". Or they comment on her selfies, etc.

Some eventually realize they're being played but others are there for the long haul. I know two of the IRL ones personally, one has fruitlessly pined after her for nearly five years including two painfully embarrassing love confessions and the other has a pregnant fiancee but I saw on Instagram that he went out dancing with my sister last weekend. She's carried on flirtations with a lot of her friends' boyfriends.

She can't keep a boyfriend of her own for more than a few months because they end up getting ticked that she's still leading all these guys on and won't tell them to gently caress off. She then complains to me about being dumped when she was the one caught sending suggestive texts to other men or effectively going on dates with them, over and over.

It's all a game to her. She expects everyone to play by her rules but acts like the world is ending if they don't.

I don't get it. Why do these guys keep hanging around? Do they truly believe something is going to happen? Because trust me it's not. The most she ever does with any of them is make out while drunk and grind on them in the club. She's flirty and physically affectionate, just enough to make them believe they have a chance at being chosen as "the one" over all the rest. In reality, none of them even qualify. She chases really confident borderline-arrogant guys for herself who often give her the same treatment she gives her orbiters, while the orbiters all have an eager-to-please personality type that's opposite what she's attracted to. She's said all this to me, minus realizing that the guys she goes after are using her in turn, for the ego stroking she gives them.

You're probably thinking okay well none of this hurts me so it's not my business, true! But, recently our parents have started upping their pressure on me to support my sister. They found out she doesn't have a job and are concerned understandably, they called me yesterday to urge me to give her some financial support until she gets on her feet. Apparently she'd been telling them she had a job but that she lost it recently or something and needed money (Which they don't have because they don't work either, long story not relevant). They were under the impression she was facing near eviction and homelessness which.... isn't anywhere close to true. I tried to explain she hasn't been employed the whole time since college. I told them she makes things work out financially by temp work, rooming with five other people to split rent, and the dinner dates and gifts from guys. Now they don't know which one of us to believe. It was incredibly frustrating because my sister can make anyone fall for anything, while all I can do is just keep repeating what I know is true.

Anyway my parents think I should take her in ESPECIALLY if I'm telling the truth. They want me to help her find a job. I don't want to do these things, she'll never apply for anything anyway. I'm trying to distance myself from the party lifestyle to focus on school and building my resume in my field. If my sister moved in with me she wouldn't be able to contribute more than the bare minimum if even that, and she'd bring all her social group's drama around my place, also my boyfriend and I live together and I do not want her around him.

How do I explain this to my parents? I don't want them to see me as a horrible sister and daughter. But I need to live my own life, and my sister can live her's. That's reasonable of me, right?

Tl;dr: My sister uses men for money and attention in leiu of having a permanent job. Our parents don't understand this. They think she's much worse off than she is and are pressuring me to financially support her including letting her move in with me.

In case this isn't fake ("orbiters"? Really? Sounds like fanfic from the incel forums), I want to know more about "(Which they don't have because they don't work either, long story not relevant)". I think it's actually relevant, OP. Hella.

Edit: Found explanation in the comments:

OP posted:

They worked until my sister turned 18 and they were legally done financially supporting us then they quit their jobs. They had a good amount of savings but it ran out last year, now ever since then they've gotten by on government assistance because they aren't obligated to work because of their age at this point.
:sever:, OP, or be stuck with three dependents.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 22, 2018

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I think I'm going to need to see her Insta and tinder profiles.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

my(33) husband(38) had inappropriate conversation with my sister(27) and is still contacting her. He’s blaming it on the drugs. How do I leave with two kids?

When I started writing this, I was writing for a completely different advice. I really have no idea what I am doing....

I love this because it's like listening to someone's thoughts in realtime at the moment she realizes her life is well and truly hosed. I mean, I feel bad for her, but it's fascinating - like a computer programmer watching an A.I. become self-aware for the first time.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, if the sister actually needed help (which she doesn't seem to?), OP should advise her to move in with the parents and live off the dole with them. Do not support any of these people ever for any reason.

Also, the sister might be a psychopath. Taking advantage of thirsty guys is one thing, but not understanding why boyfriends get jealous/upset over patronizing the thirsty guys indicates a cognitive barrier and a lack of empathy.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LabyaMynora posted:

Also, the sister might be a psychopath.

Yeah. It’s impossible to diagnose something like that from third-party narratives, but the sister is showing manipulative behaviors, shallow emotional affect, and lack of empathy well beyond normal “a bit of a leech” levels.

Someone expressed doubt because of the “orbiters” term, but that post is the second one in the last day or so that I think has a really good chance of actually being true. There are a lot of pieces there that fit together.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

My (25F) boyfriend (27M) treats me like a rag doll and I feel helpless.

quote:

About 2 years ago, I got diagnosed with a degenerative condition and have lost a lot of my physical strength. Recently, my boyfriend of 5 years has been treating me like a rag doll. He grabs me and pushes me around and smacks parts of my body for his own amusement. I've asked him to stop but his defense is that he doesn't mean to hurt me but he just likes playing with me. I really don't appreciate it as sometimes it hurts and because of my disability I can't do much to stop him, and don't feel like I can leave him because of how much he does to support me otherwise. Every time he crosses the line, he apologizes, but because of how often this happens, it just feels... hollow. I don't know how to leave or if I should try to convince him to go to couples therapy or something with me. I just don't know how to handle this given everything that's been going on.

TL;DR: Boyfriend gives what feels like a half-assed apology for repetitively loving with me.

:stonk:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Xenocides posted:

Can you still pull the trigger on a gun? If so, you should tell this guy one last time to cut it out, then shoot him in his face when he doesn’t.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

yeah I tried bore but again not really right

nothing rhymes with orange toxic masculinity

eminems next interview toxic masuclinity rhymes with ______ idiot

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

snergle posted:

Wicked femininity

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Xenocides posted:

Train your psychic powers and murder him

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

snergle posted:

box dick rear end divinity

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Ex is pregnant and I might to have to pay child support... except I'm a lesbian. Help? [North Carolina]

This sounds ridiculous. It is ridiculous.

I'll start off by saying I'm a cis gender female. My ex is also a cis gender female. We separated about two months ago. State law says we can't even begin file for divorce until next July. She texted me today to tell me that she's 6 weeks pregnant. She's due in like June. We will still be married when her baby arrives.

I know from a friend's past experience that the mother's spouse's name automatically goes on the birth certificate here, whether he's actually the father or not, as long as they're still married on paper. My friend had to go through a paternity test to prove the baby wasn't his, and his lawyer said if the baby's real dad didn't step up that he might still be on the hook for child support. Because apparently the state doesn't care who the baby's actual dad is, as long as there's a second party to financially look after the kid. Luckily, in my buddy's case, the baby's father went through the process to be recognized as the real dad so my friend could be removed from the birth certificate. My ex says she doesn't know who the dad is. So basically, I think I'm screwed.

There is no way in hell this child is mine, but I can't divorce my ex in time to avoid it defaulting to me.. I'm meeting with my lawyer on Tuesday but like, really, this can't happen right? I feel like common sense says it isn't my baby so I shouldn't be responsible but the laws (as I know them) say otherwise. I guess the advice I want is what to realistically expect? Are there other cases like this? Or am I boned and doomed to play mommy #2 to a kid that isn't mine?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

dick wizard posted:

I was unfriended on FB by a woman I went to high school with because I took my family to Disneyland and said I couldn't imagine being there without my kids and she had a mini-meltdown because her and her husband went without kids like two weeks prior. Here's the kicker, she has two Disney aged kids that they intentionally left with her parents so they could go without the hassle of giving their kids a lifelong memory. Like.. what type of loving awful parent goes to Disneyland and leaves their five year old at home?

Yeah that's a hosed up thing to do. Family friend took his kids to Disneyland but waited until the youngest was at least 4/5 because under that age, he said, they won't remember much and will be overtired and cranky an hour in, because they are loving toddlers, and that is okay! But a two year old having another meltdown while parents try to ignore it or refuse to leave the line because gently caress, they have an hour wait left!, that's poo poo. Hell I remember one of the girls having a meltdown at a birthday party because it was just so much and she needed a nap but couldn't, she was overexcited and overtired.

If, parent, you really need a kidfree trip, do TWO. First one with just your spouse (make it a short one, like two or three days), then the next with the kids (in part so you can map out the park and how the lines are and how the kids will be about hour four into the day) for a week or so.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

blugu64 posted:

Ex is pregnant and I might to have to pay child support... except I'm a lesbian. Help? [North Carolina]

This sounds ridiculous. It is ridiculous.

I'll start off by saying I'm a cis gender female. My ex is also a cis gender female. We separated about two months ago. State law says we can't even begin file for divorce until next July. She texted me today to tell me that she's 6 weeks pregnant. She's due in like June. We will still be married when her baby arrives.

I know from a friend's past experience that the mother's spouse's name automatically goes on the birth certificate here, whether he's actually the father or not, as long as they're still married on paper. My friend had to go through a paternity test to prove the baby wasn't his, and his lawyer said if the baby's real dad didn't step up that he might still be on the hook for child support. Because apparently the state doesn't care who the baby's actual dad is, as long as there's a second party to financially look after the kid. Luckily, in my buddy's case, the baby's father went through the process to be recognized as the real dad so my friend could be removed from the birth certificate. My ex says she doesn't know who the dad is. So basically, I think I'm screwed.

There is no way in hell this child is mine, but I can't divorce my ex in time to avoid it defaulting to me.. I'm meeting with my lawyer on Tuesday but like, really, this can't happen right? I feel like common sense says it isn't my baby so I shouldn't be responsible but the laws (as I know them) say otherwise. I guess the advice I want is what to realistically expect? Are there other cases like this? Or am I boned and doomed to play mommy #2 to a kid that isn't mine?

This is genuinely fasinating, and I wonder how many such cases there have been since gay space marriage became the law of the land. It seems pretty clear to me that, if your state says the spouse is reponsible, then this woman is and should be on the hook.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

("orbiters"? Really? Sounds like fanfic from the incel forums)

I don't know, I heard that term back 10+ years ago, but back then it was used to describe emo kids who wanted to date your girlfriend i.e. what people would call "freindzoned" now.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

This is genuinely fasinating, and I wonder how many such cases there have been since gay space marriage became the law of the land. It seems pretty clear to me that, if your state says the spouse is reponsible, then this woman is and should be on the hook.

I'm pretty sure the code section that creates the presumption of paternity is worded specifically to apply only to men, i.e. "A man is presumed to be the father if... until otherwise rebutted."

Edit: I was right, according to this law firm.

"Q: Does being married make me a parent of my spouse’s biological child?

Answer: No. Gay marriages does not automatically make you a parent. However, by virtue of your marriage, you now qualify to petition for a stepparent adoption. Once your stepparent adoption has been completed, only then will you become a legal parent."

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 22, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The weirdest part is that this isn't a case of "gay marriage is legal via the courts and the state never updated the wording of various laws". NC specifically updated their laws to take gay marriage into account...and kept the presumption of paternity stuff:

quote:

[–]GoodAdvosor 262 points 22 hours ago*

Unfortunately, you are out of luck unless you can convince your soon to be ex to add the biological father’s name to the birth certificate instead of yours. NC Statutes were amended to include same sex relationships including presumption of paternity. It’s seems ridiculous but it is for the sake of the child. Additionally the presumption covers the time of conception, so it doesn’t matter whether or not you are divorced when the child is born.
Of course, it's a very nice thing if you're a lesbian couple conceiving through sperm donation, since then you don't have to go through an adoption process for the non-birthing parent. It's just biting the OP in the rear end here.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

That is it. I am tired of this sexism against men. I am going my own way!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

The weirdest part is that this isn't a case of "gay marriage is legal via the courts and the state never updated the wording of various laws". NC specifically updated their laws to take gay marriage into account...and kept the presumption of paternity stuff:

Of course, it's a very nice thing if you're a lesbian couple conceiving through sperm donation, since then you don't have to go through an adoption process for the non-birthing parent. It's just biting the OP in the rear end here.

IDK what that dude is talking about, I'm not seeing anywhere that NC's presumption statute has been amended.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

blarzgh posted:

I'm pretty sure the code section that creates the presumption of paternity is worded specifically to apply only to men, i.e. "A man is presumed to be the father if... until otherwise rebutted."

Edit: I was right, according to this law firm.

"Q: Does being married make me a parent of my spouse’s biological child?

Answer: No. Gay marriages does not automatically make you a parent. However, by virtue of your marriage, you now qualify to petition for a stepparent adoption. Once your stepparent adoption has been completed, only then will you become a legal parent."

I’ll bet our laws are absolutely chock-full of this sort thing, where the language reflects accepted social orders which can no longer be assumed. This part of the law is fascinating to me. It’s everything else about the law I can’t stand. I do not have the paperwork/minutiae gene.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

I’ll bet our laws are absolutely chock-full of this sort thing, where the language reflects accepted social orders which can no longer be assumed. This part of the law is fascinating to me. It’s everything else about the law I can’t stand. I do not have the paperwork/minutiae gene.

If you like this and like arguing, I am sure you would make a great lawyer. You should go to law school!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Xenocides posted:

That is it. I am tired of this sexism against men. I am going my own way!

lmbo

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

If you like this and like arguing, I am sure you would make a great lawyer. You should go to law school!

I know you’re making fun, but I’ve thought about it. My ex-wife became deeply interested in the law, and wanted to pursue it. I got a lot of exposure via student groups, books, classes, etc. I studied with my wife, and took the LSAT as nothing more than a way to support her at the time that she was taking it. I also have a great deal of exposure through my time as a professional poker player. I am only barely exaggerating when I say that about half of the new breed that were coming onto the scene eight or ten years ago were burnt-out lawyers who hated their jobs so much that poker actually looked good to them. There’s a fair amount of overlap in personalities and skills between poker players and lawyers.

I am interested in the concept of the law, and I love the interesting tidbits like this, but my I have various attention and brain issues which would make it nearly impossible for me to pursue as a career. Maybe with the right drugs, but I’m also old, so meh.

In short, the law is cool and good when all you have to is read about the fascinating bits. It seems pretty awful from a “reading filings all day” perspective. Some people are good at it. I probably would not be.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

snergle posted:

He’s got a rhyming disease

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

therobit posted:

A vicious curse

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

quote:

They worked until my sister turned 18 and they were legally done financially supporting us then they quit their jobs. They had a good amount of savings but it ran out last year, now ever since then they've gotten by on government assistance because they aren't obligated to work because of their age at this point.

Um....isn't Government assistance for someone who isn't obligated to work because of age called "a pension"? sounds like the parents just, like, retired early and used savings as a pension stopgap. Sever from the psycho sister but only drop the parents if they won't quit with the pressure to support her, their own retirement/finances aren't really a factor.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
I (21f) caught my boyfriend (22m) shaving his butthole with my razor, how long am I allowed to be upset for?

Just some context, my boyfriend and I live together and we leave the doors unlocked when we shower or go to the bathroom. Also, the shower has a glass door so you can see everything.

We were planning to go out for the day, grocery shopping and other errands, and boyfriend said he was gonna take a shower. While he was showering I remembered that I had needed to ask if he needed more shampoo. So I knocked on the door and told him I was coming in to talk to him. Then I see him holding a razor and looking guilty. I ask him not to shave his beard because I love facial hair, so I thought he was gonna shave or something. But then I noticed it was my razor, so I asked what was up and he confessed he had used MY razor to shave his butthole.

I already made him buy replacement razor heads, so he's atoned for the sin. But I just don't feel safe in the shower because I'm scared each time that he used it again. I should also add that he had been caught a few weeks before using my loofah on his balls, so he's got a track record of misusing my bath stuff. I just fear that he's using it when I don't catch him, though he swears those are the only times.

When I asked why he had used my razor, he said "well, I use mine for my face, and that's gross."

TL;DR, My boyfriend has a history of using my bath products on his pubes and butt, and this latest incident was shaving his butthole with my razor. How long am I allowed to be upset about this?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
/\/\/\ :sever: :murder:

I don't understand how the sister supporting herself through various gullible dudes isn't a sign she's living on the edge of homelessness.

Living with five people and scamming money just to get by certainly seems like the sort of lifestyle one develops as a symptom of living in poverty.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 22, 2018

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
This might be setting myself up for a grade-a razzing, but i would not care at all if my gf used my razor for any type of shaving at all. In fact she probably does because I leave a spare in the shower. We are way more intimate about things that are more personal than metal strips on a handle, who gives a poo poo. Girl from the story is acting like it was a kitchen utensil or something.
Slightly different, but there are a lot of posts on the internet made by people that have set up boundaries on their own bodies when it comes to showering and I’ll never understand that.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
That's some impressive dexterity shaving your rear end in a top hat with a razor. I'd be bleeding within minutes.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
If the dude needs to use a different razor for his butt-hole/balls than his face, then he should... buy more razors? I'm not seeing what his excuse is here. It's a personal hang-up that he can easily solve.

edit: also lol at her protestation at him using her loofah to wash his balls. If he's cleaning his balls with it, then the loofah and his balls both come out clean. There's not a special soap-proof bacteria specific to the scrote getting transferred to the loofah. Wait a minute, this applies to the razors too, right?

PizzaProwler fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 22, 2018

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I mean yes under perfect conditions there shouldn’t be anything wrong with someone using something of yours on any clean part of their body but that sounds a lot like how elementary physics textbooks assume every object is a frictionless sphere in a vacuum. In this case instead of frictionless spheres you have a butthole.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My (25F) brother (25M) committed suicide two years ago, and now it has come out that his ex-boyfriend (30M) passively helped him do it. What should I do?

quote:

My brother has long struggled with his identity as a gay man. It was particularly difficult because of our conservative parents, who accept our gay cousins and friends in our home country but have never hid how disappointed they were at how their oldest son turned out to be gay. He came out to them when he was 17, and while my parents did not react nearly as badly as they could have, it drove a permanent wedge between them. My brother eventually moved to a more tolerant part of the country where he met someone who we'll call Tim. Tim was my brother's first real partner of any kind, and they were together for three years before they amicably broke up. They remained fairly good friends for the next few years, with my brother still struggling with his depression and trying in vain to find a partner who would commit.

Two years ago, Tim and his husband Rick went to Canada for a week of vacation, and my brother was paid to house sit for them. Just a few hours before their flight home landed, my brother called off work, made sure Tim and Rick's dogs were fed, made sure the house was clean, and took Tim's pistol from his gun safe in his closet. He then drove to a hilly outlook where he loved spending time and where he always took his love interests, called 911 to report his own suicide, then shot himself with the suicide note next to him. His suicide note detailed how hopeless he felt and how he felt he never would fully get better. He apologized to most of our family and friends by name in the letter, and in it he joked to Tim that he'll say hello to Tim's favorite football player (Tim's favorite player was Jack Tatum who died in 2010). When the police contacted Tim, Tim stated the gun was secured in his safe when he left the home and that he had no idea how my brother got to it. When he was asked what the code was, Tim said it was the last two numbers of his birth year, followed by Jack Tatum's number when he played for the Oakland Raiders. This set of numbers was something Tim said he used as part of all his passwords, and it's something my brother could have guessed from being in a relationship with him. But Tim denied even telling my brother that he owned a gun. It was a huge shock to me and my family. My mother was inconsolable, and for the longest time I couldn't stop thinking about my brother and how we felt like we could've done more, how we should've noticed obvious signs even among the troubles he admitted to us about. Sometimes I made his favorite dinner for two pretending like he would walk it any second, I wrote endless lines of lovely poetry that I would throw out because none of it would do his memory justice, I still can't listen to his favorite bands nor watch his favorite movie (it was Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

Yesterday Rick drove up to my house in a haze and said he had something to tell me. He said Tim was drunk the night before and admitted that he had provided the gun to my brother because he couldn't bear to see my brother in mental torment. We both drove back to their house where we confronted Tim. This was not easy for me, because Tim is one of the kindest, most understanding people I've ever met. I could not think of anyone that could've helped my brother as well as he did. There's a reason why my brother and Tim's other exes are generally on good terms with him. A part of me was sure that this was all one giant misunderstanding involving a little too much wine on both parties. To my shock, Tim was defiant when we asked him if what he had said the night before was true. Tim stated that he was not sorry that my brother used his gun to kill himself. While Tim said he did not encourage my brother to do anything, he admitted that he implied to my brother that "if he were to own a gun", it would be a pistol in an easily accessible place such as the closet where he could hide in, and the safe would have an easy code he would be able to remember.

I remember shaking and feeling like the floor was coming up on me. I yelled and screamed many nasty things at Tim. I called him a murderer, and asked how he could do that to our family, how he could take part in helping turn my brother into one of the many faceless members of the LGBT community around the world who kill themselves each year because people don't give them the basic support they need. Tim almost seemed cold when he told me that my brother did not want to continue living and that suicide was the only real solution in all the futile platitudes and temporary fixes that everyone around him kept giving. The only real defense Tim tried to put up was how he was convinced of the futility of my brother's situation only after many long talks with my brother over the past few years, and that he realized trying to convince my brother to go on living was doing nothing for him, it was like "kicking him sideways" (only slightly better than the bigots and the homophobes who "kick him down").

I stepped outside the house to cry while Rick argued with Tim about what he had done, and how it was so grossly out of character for him to do that.

I'm not at all sure how to feel about this. A part of me thinks that maybe Tim is right, but if Tim is right then we could use this as an excuse to let anyone kill themselves. Perhaps death really is a proper exit. I haven't told anyone just yet because knowing my parents, they would try to possibly sue Tim and Rick for this.

Tl;DR: My brother's ex-boyfriend tacitly allowed his gun to be used in my brother's suicide, and he believes he did the right thing.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Theophany posted:

My (25F) brother (25M) committed suicide two years ago, and now it has come out that his ex-boyfriend (30M) passively helped him do it. What should I do?

:murder: but unironicly.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

Your brother was going to kill himself with Tim's gun or without it.

E: If a lesbian MGTOW's, does that just make her a straight woman?

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 22, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tactlessbastard posted:

Your brother was going to kill himself with Tim's gun or without it.

E: If a lesbian MGTOW's, does that just make her a straight woman?

Yeah, I'd be laying a lot more blame at his parents' feet tbh.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

quote:

Yesterday Rick drove up to my house in a haze and said he had something to tell me. He said Tim was drunk the night before and admitted that he had provided the gun to my brother because he couldn't bear to see my brother in mental torment.

I don't have much empathy for pickle ricks anguish personally. I think maybe he might just be a piece of humanoid poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Motherfucker posted:

I don't have much empathy for pickle ricks anguish personally. I think maybe he might just be a piece of humanoid poo poo?

Yeah, good job selling out your husband, jackass