Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

omg that cant be serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Thats the problem with trying to grift these people, you have to be equally broke-brained to come up with things they'd want. If you told me people would want a teddy bear with trumps hair on it and a tie named 'trumpy' i'd of never believed you, much less people would want bricks sent to them in the mail because it was personalized and the promise of fake bricks to come. I'm pretty sure theres even loot crates for Trump fans.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Blackchamber posted:

Thats the problem with trying to grift these people, you have to be equally broke-brained to come up with things they'd want. If you told me people would want a teddy bear with trumps hair on it and a tie named 'trumpy' i'd of never believed you, much less people would want bricks sent to them in the mail because it was personalized and the promise of fake bricks to come. I'm pretty sure theres even loot crates for Trump fans.

lol

https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/status/869268254744858624?s=20

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

lmao

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
if gwenneth paltrow can sell vaginal jade eggs for $66, surely alex jones can sell border wall brick suppositories

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

PDP-1 posted:

Just heard from a neighbor that one of our local dive bars may be closing down - the owner went full chud and banned showing football games on any of their TVs because of players kneeling during the anthem and they've been losing tons of business on game nights as a result.

lol that rules

I went to a touring amateur wrestling show last night and there were a bunch of people sitting for the anthem

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Astrofig posted:

I'm going to regret asking I know, but what's a chud?

the name originally comes from the monster movie linked earlier, someone used it jokingly to describe a full bore MAGA hat wearing Fox news grandpa type person and it just kinda stuck in forums lore.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i prefer the explanation that it stands for Clearly Homosexual Urges for Donald

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Caucasians/Hillbillies Under Donald

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

PDP-1 posted:

the name originally comes from the monster movie linked earlier, someone used it jokingly to describe a full bore MAGA hat wearing Fox news grandpa type person and it just kinda stuck in forums lore.

Is it a forums thing? Cause I feel like I see it all over twitter and such.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chuds was originally from Chapo I believe

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey is chapo trap house worth a listen

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Blast of Confetti posted:

I like it

Lots of people bitch about it but lots of people bitch about any old thing you can think of

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah it's good

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

got any sevens posted:

omg that cant be serious

always remember: e/n

everything is real/nothing matters

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Theyre kind of mean-spirited for my tastes but have the novelty of hating democrats far more than chuds because at least the chuds are fundamentally honest and know what they are.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
If you're ever thinking about watching CHUD, watch the similar but much better The Stuff instead

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BOOSness Hammocks posted:

Theyre kind of mean-spirited for my tastes but have the novelty of hating democrats far more than chuds because at least the chuds are fundamentally honest and know what they are.

werent half of them ex-lf peeps

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Chapo doesn't think Russia influencing elections is that big of a deal.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Avirosb posted:

Theyre right in that whatever nudging russia could accomplish wouldnt mean poo poo if America werent a badly teetering empire in decline hollowed out by decades rapacious dismantling. And theyre mad about the russia talk because democrats will rally around it instead of fixing the problems that brought about our current situation.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theyre right in that whatever nudging russia could accomplish wouldnt mean poo poo if America werent a badly teetering empire in decline hollowed out by decades rapacious dismantling. And theyre mad about the russia talk because democrats will rally around it instead of fixing the problems that brought about our current situation.

what we need to do is bomb russia then bomb the republicans

then bomb the democrats

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

what we need to do is bomb russia then bomb the republicans

then bomb the democrats

the bombing starts in five minutes

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Avirosb posted:

Ruskies to the Rescue imo

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

if you want to try them out check out the two-part episode 246 that they put out recently, it's a best-of reel from some of their tour live shows. if you don't like those, you don't like chapo.

some of the non-live episodes right after that were kind of low energy i guess because they were tired after the tour which is understandable.

their special interview episodes are more for learning than entertainment, they can be good if they have a good guest but it's a more serious discussion as opposed to their ha-ha funny main show stuff.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Avirosb posted:

A few grand worth of facebook ads and shitposting on twitter isn't that big of a deal. The racial animus and reactionary drive that brought Trump to power isn't because of the Russians. The Nazis are coming from inside the house.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

A few grand worth of facebook ads and shitposting on twitter isn't that big of a deal. The racial animus and reactionary drive that brought Trump to power isn't because of the Russians. The Nazis are coming from inside the house.

Thing is, we don't *know* that's all it was. And there is enough actual stuff out there to say they also most probably hacked one (or maybe both) of the parties and sold those things to the other side, and/or edited, added to, or removed data from said parties databases.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Lol "just a few grand". Its a concentraded campaign, both on FB and Twitter, we are talking serious cash being spent on this.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
and in the end none of that really matters all that much

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

PDP-1 posted:

if you want to try them out check out the two-part episode 246 that they put out recently, it's a best-of reel from some of their tour live shows. if you don't like those, you don't like chapo.

some of the non-live episodes right after that were kind of low energy i guess because they were tired after the tour which is understandable.

their special interview episodes are more for learning than entertainment, they can be good if they have a good guest but it's a more serious discussion as opposed to their ha-ha funny main show stuff.

live shows are absolutely not worth listening to as an introduction to the show

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

CharlestheHammer posted:

and in the end none of that really matters all that much

You literally have no way of knowing that. The fact that the campaigns continue means that they likely see some benefit in having them.

Edit: We have a dedicated thread for this so ill stop now.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Siljmonster posted:

I completely shut down and walk away from people who say the word bipartisanship to me in discussions.

The nice thing about the people in the middle is that they will be the first ones taken out, so both sides can get to killin' each other.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Nothus posted:

A few grand worth of facebook ads and shitposting on twitter isn't that big of a deal.
The racial animus and reactionary drive that brought Trump to power isn't because of the Russians. The Nazis are coming from inside the house.

Well, true. Their operations aren't just limited to America, however.
Pretty sure they were involved with Brexit to some extent as well.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avirosb posted:

Well, true. Their operations aren't just limited to America, however.
Pretty sure they were involved with Brexit to some extent as well.

The Brexit crowd and the Trump crowd has a lot of very serious overlap. Using the same services companies, similar people showing up, similar tactics and lies to get moving.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

chuds are fundamentally honest

:hmbol:

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Vernii posted:

Products don't need to be clever, well-designed, or quality -- the more obnoxious and tacky, the better. What they want is something to visibly signal their tribal loyalties in a way that's impossible for anyone to ignore.
This past week I was in the area of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I went to several tacky touristy shops among several very nice ones--there was a Cherokee craft store that I liked looking through--and after looking at multiple t-shirts starting with 'LISTEN HERE SNOWFLAKE', Jim McNaughton prints, Punisher logo/American flag/Blue Lives Matter window decals, 'THE SECOND AMENDMENT PROTECTS THE FIRST' fleece blankets, and teddy bears with Confederate shirts, I can confirm that this is 100% accurate.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The nice thing about the people in the middle is that they will be the first ones taken out, so both sides can get to killin' each other.

Lol no they are craven cowards who will jump on the fascism train the second things get a little rough

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol no they are craven cowards who will jump on the fascism train the second things get a little rough

history has repeatedly proven to be the case I don't know why anyone still bothers arguing against it other than the very craven cowards themselves who try to say they wouldn't act like that.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/carolyn_mowry/status/1054279249098612737
https://twitter.com/BarbinWV/status/1054210870077779968
https://twitter.com/Krod3945Kenneth/status/1054193806856327168

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

love thsoe thots and prayers going right into the trash bin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF