Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Candy belongs in the loving trash, it throws off your palette.

You can fit a palette in your mouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Palate argh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Because you want ten variety pieces instead of a 135-piece jumbo bag.

The kids did not get their Halloween stolen. They got plenty of candy. The real story here is that the woman asked her husband to do a small and reasonable thing for her, and he said, "nah," and did whatever the gently caress he felt like doing, even as she tried to bargain down to smaller requests.

Why even answer the door at all, those kids get plenty of candy from every other house, right? More candy for me!

It is actually very easy to eat some candy from a bag without eating the entire bag, you can give the rest of it away to your coworkers or the homeless or whatever if you really don't want it around, and also you can just buy like a regular Milky Way from CVS while you're in there anytime you want. A grown adult should not get this attached to candy purchased specifically to give to children. This is America. Candy is the most easily replaceable food there is.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Because you want ten variety pieces instead of a 135-piece jumbo bag.

The kids did not get their Halloween stolen. They got plenty of candy. The real story here is that the woman asked her husband to do a small and reasonable thing for her, and he said, "nah," and did whatever the gently caress he felt like doing, even as she tried to bargain down to smaller requests.

LOL.

If only they had three bucks to solve such a conundrum and replace the wife's 20 pieces of candy the next day...

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Pick posted:

God one time a chef in Vegas comped me their ~house handcrafted candy bar~ and I choked it down so as not to be rude but I wanted to kick his rear end, that poo poo is vile. Caramel is revolting.

Candy, much like bread, is a waste of time, energy, and money that could be better spent horded in a damp cellar.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lmao my dad would go into my Halloween candy pile and take whatever he wanted and say "tax man"

No wonder I gravitated to lowtax

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Pick posted:

Lmao my dad would go into my Halloween candy pile and take whatever he wanted and say "tax man"

I always imagine your folks as the parents from Matilda.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Just kidding, I rebelled and am a stalwart defender of the much maligned IRS

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Pick posted:

With your mom hating on Pooh and your Dad taking your candy, you ended up quite well adjusted.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Pick posted:

Candy belongs in the loving trash, it throws off your palette.

What wine should one drink with a Twix bar?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Did she want to eat the candy later that night, or was she putting it aside for another day? If a), then she's right, if b) then he is. There, done, easy.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL.

If only they had three bucks to solve such a conundrum and replace the wife's 20 pieces of candy the next day...

I think it was Strong Bad who pointed out the lie that is “fun size”.

“What is fun about getting less candy?”

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Freudian posted:

Are you surprised that goons are misandrist?

yeah that’s what he was trying to say :jerkbag:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xenocides posted:

What wine should one drink with a Twix bar?

Port, especially if dark chocolate twix.

Now let me tell you about how to appeciate the interplay of fuzzy back notes with your riesling and a payday

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fatkraken posted:

Did she want to eat the candy later that night, or was she putting it aside for another day? If a), then she's right, if b) then he is. There, done, easy.

"My wife then picked out about 20 of her favourite candies and set them aside for herself for later consumption over the few days after Halloween".

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Candy, much like bread, is a waste of time, energy, and money that could be better spent horded in a damp cellar.

"Bread, a staple of the human diet for several thousand years, is a waste of time and energy!!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Port, especially if dark chocolate twix.

Now let me tell you about how to appeciate the interplay of fuzzy back notes with your riesling and a payday

fortified wine, seriously? Port's the loving employed man's mad dog 20/20

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Pick posted:

I thought port was still popular amongst the monocle and smoking jacket wearing set.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

I thought port was still popular amongst the monocle and smoking jacket wearing set.

Fine, port is the idle rich's mad dog 20/20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

As a person who successfully proved to some British/French people I can regurgitate wine facts* back to them at a satisfactory level, I can say with authority it is the officially correct pairing.

I tend to pair eveything with port, but I am also a 1880s railway baron constantly in the midst of ordering the murder of yet another small family whose farm is in the way of my train so it may not be for you!

*Facts may not be true

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Love mad dog for my homeless cosplay

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a sommelier, may I point out to sirs and madams that while colloquially MD 20/20 is referred to as "Mad Dog" the MD is for Mogen David. If you would like I can provide a small flight sampler to pick which of their flavors are most to your liking.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Why even answer the door at all, those kids get plenty of candy from every other house, right? More candy for me!

It is actually very easy to eat some candy from a bag without eating the entire bag, you can give the rest of it away to your coworkers or the homeless or whatever if you really don't want it around, and also you can just buy like a regular Milky Way from CVS while you're in there anytime you want. A grown adult should not get this attached to candy purchased specifically to give to children. This is America. Candy is the most easily replaceable food there is.

Lol, ok. "Set aside five pieces" is the same as NO CANDY FOR THE CHILDREN.

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL.

I mean, that looks like one type of candy. I'm guessing she didn't want to put aside ten of one thing. Also, you keep focusing on the candy. Why do you people keep responding to that, instead of what I have consistently said I believe is the real problem? He basically gave his wife the finger and unilaterally did what he felt like doing without regard to her feelings. It doesn't matter if she can go buy candy, tomorrow. She didn't want to, and they gave out plenty to the kids. The husband is obviously the rear end in a top hat, here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I saw a burning tickle me Elmo video and imagined that, as an entree, it would go great with Malort

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yes, that's correct. More children came when they only had the wife's candy left and the wife was like "don't you give any of my candy to the children!!"

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Just go buy a small bag from Walgreens, CVS, etc. like that other goon said. Jesus. Those places are trying to shovel it down your throat anytime you go in, let them help you.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
It's fine to ignore your loved ones' feelings if and only if those feelings are stupid

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, yeah, essentially. I'm not misreading your argument, I'm following it to its logical conclusion. At some point, a child is coming to your door on Halloween and you're saying "I still have some candy, but I'm not giving it to this kid, I'm keeping it for myself." Why not the kid before that? Why not the kid before THAT? Who are you really buying all this candy for? What is the point of this holiday?

Just give away all the candy you have, and the next day you can buy yourself some goddamn candy, because you are an adult and it's easy. You don't need it to be Halloween to get some candy, because you are not a child.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I mean, that looks like one type of candy. I'm guessing she didn't want to put aside ten of one thing. Also, you keep focusing on the candy. Why do you people keep responding to that, instead of what I have consistently said I believe is the real problem? He basically gave his wife the finger and unilaterally did what he felt like doing without regard to her feelings. It doesn't matter if she can go buy candy, tomorrow. She didn't want to, and they gave out plenty to the kids. The husband is obviously the rear end in a top hat, here.

There. Wife gets her variety of candy set aside for 'the few days after Halloween'.

It's a stupid problem with an easy fix.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Is it hosed up that the husband didn't respect the wife's preferences? Yeah.

Is it hosed up that the wife cares more about candy than the children? Absolutely.

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014
Why Did My Wife Leave Me? [40M] [38F]

TL;DR Wife of 10 years left me. I am well educated, wealthy, and good to our children. She says I have been poisoning my child, which is false.

Hello, reddit. I am facing quite a dilemma. My wife of 10 years has given me divorce papers and will not speak to me. She's taken my two children, a five year old boy and six year old girl. To say the least, I am heartbroken. I love my wife and kids and don't know what I did to deserve this. I'm in an empty home and am in tears. I've worked my whole life just to have a beautiful Family and I'm afraid it's all come crashing down.

It all started two days ago. I was having dinner with my daughter while my wife was downstairs watching TV. I was drinking an IPA. My daughter reached for my IPA and put it towards her mouth. I said, "alcohol is for adults! Not for you! Give that back." My daughter put her tongue in the beer and gave it a small taste, much to my dismay. She asked to take a real sip. Since I am a responsible father, I decided that yes, she should be allowed to have a sip. I do not want her to turn into an alcoholic later on in life. Allowing your children small portions of alcohol is actually a tool which will prevent them from rebelling and binge drinking when they're older.

So I sat back in my chair and watched carefully as she drank some IPA. Surprisingly, she liked it and she finished what I hadn't drank.

I told her that was it and that she needed to go to bed. She was walking a bit off, which I chalked up to the very low amount of alcohol in her system.

Instead, my daughter ran downstairs screaming "DaDDY GAVE ME BEER ! LOOK MOMMY I DRANK BEER!"

My wife thought it was a joke until she smelled my daughters breath. She shook my daughter saying "he GAVE it to you??"

My daughter nodded and seemed tipsy.

Ok, not good...

My wife became furious. At first she screamed, "you POISONED HER! YOU SICK MOTHERFUCKER!" She was hyperventilating. Jokingly, I offered my wife a beer to cool down. She didn't like that.

She packed bags in a rush, took my two kids, and fled the house. She didn't say one word despite my pleading.

I don't know what to do. Should I apologize for what I thought was an OK parenting choice, or let her go? She is beyond delusional.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

bubblebee posted:

TL;DR Wife of 10 years left me. I am well educated, wealthy, and good to our children. She says I have been poisoning my child, which is false.

Hello, reddit. I am facing quite a dilemma. My wife of 10 years has given me divorce papers and will not speak to me. She's taken my two children, a five year old boy and six year old girl. To say the least, I am heartbroken. I love my wife and kids and don't know what I did to deserve this. I'm in an empty home and am in tears. I've worked my whole life just to have a beautiful Family and I'm afraid it's all come crashing down.

It all started two days ago. I was having dinner with my daughter while my wife was downstairs watching TV. I was drinking an IPA. My daughter reached for my IPA and put it towards her mouth. I said, "alcohol is for adults! Not for you! Give that back." My daughter put her tongue in the beer and gave it a small taste, much to my dismay. She asked to take a real sip. Since I am a responsible father, I decided that yes, she should be allowed to have a sip. I do not want her to turn into an alcoholic later on in life. Allowing your children small portions of alcohol is actually a tool which will prevent them from rebelling and binge drinking when they're older.

So I sat back in my chair and watched carefully as she drank some IPA. Surprisingly, she liked it and she finished what I hadn't drank.

I told her that was it and that she needed to go to bed. She was walking a bit off, which I chalked up to the very low amount of alcohol in her system.

Instead, my daughter ran downstairs screaming "DaDDY GAVE ME BEER ! LOOK MOMMY I DRANK BEER!"

My wife thought it was a joke until she smelled my daughters breath. She shook my daughter saying "he GAVE it to you??"

My daughter nodded and seemed tipsy.

Ok, not good...

My wife became furious. At first she screamed, "you POISONED HER! YOU SICK MOTHERFUCKER!" She was hyperventilating. Jokingly, I offered my wife a beer to cool down. She didn't like that.

She packed bags in a rush, took my two kids, and fled the house. She didn't say one word despite my pleading.

I don't know what to do. Should I apologize for what I thought was an OK parenting choice, or let her go? She is beyond delusional.

:lol: that owns

He got a nice dig at the wife before destroying his marriage

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bogus Adventure posted:

Is it hosed up that the husband didn't respect the wife's preferences? Yeah.

An adult baby's "preferences" do not deserve respect.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know, I wasnt expecting him to have actually poisoned his child but here we are.

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014

Barudak posted:

You know, I wasnt expecting him to have actually poisoned his child but here we are.

I expected a post where the wife got mad about vaccines or some hippy thing. Nope.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Letting the kid finish the beer is a little much, but if there were like two sips left and he let her have one more than she thought he would...

Ask me about spending my childhood in Bavaria, where half beer/half lemonade (Radler) is not an alcoholic beverage and kids as early as three years get "the beer foam to taste it"...or a sip.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

r/relationships: DaDDY GAVE ME BEER !

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bubblebee posted:

Giving your kid a sip or two of booze to rob it of its forbidden allure is a questionable-at-best tactic when they're like 15, but this guy thought it was a good reason to let a loving six-year-old drink a whole beer

I bet he's the kind that thinks it's funny to get dogs drunk

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
She left you because you insist on calling it an IPA instead of just saying beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My aunt's trashy friend gave my then 2 year old niece a margarita slushie that she thought was non-alcoholic. It wasn't and my niece was wasted and sick.

Goddamned junkies and winos.

I have let my kids take tiny sips of my beers before though.