Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Known problematic guests:

Angela Nagel
Sam Kriss
Matt Taibbi
Stav
Adam
David Cross
Liz Bruenig
Tim Faust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
what's the problem with faust

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Moridin920 posted:

by all means keep being a sneering liberal lmao

bro you're the one who started on hillary vs bernie, i'm just pointing out the ridiculous cognitive dissonance required to simultaneously ascribe to the clinton campaign machiavellian scheming in the primaries and comic ineptness in the general. and it's especially rich if you're arguing that russian meddling didn't matter but whatever minor fuckery clinton supposedly pulled off in the primaries was the definitive reason bernie lost

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

bro you're the one who started on hillary vs bernie, i'm just pointing out the ridiculous cognitive dissonance required to simultaneously ascribe to the clinton campaign machiavellian scheming in the primaries and comic ineptness in the general. and it's especially rich if you're arguing that russian meddling didn't matter but whatever minor fuckery clinton supposedly pulled off in the primaries was the definitive reason bernie lost

it's moridin don't bother

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

that’s.....not what that means?

Hilary objectively had complete control over the primaries but shockingly that power doesn’t translate to the general elections.

like your arguing things that objectively happened didn’t and that’s insane.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm sure there's some insufferable slapfight thread for shut ins to whine about podcasts, probably in D&D, please take further discussion beyond blanket recommending or not recommending of chapo, per the poster's request, to there tia <3

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Nothus posted:

Known problematic guests:

Angela Nagel
Sam Kriss
Matt Taibbi
Stav
Adam
David Cross
Liz Bruenig
Tim Faust

Can’t tell if you’re kidding or not but Taibbi was absolutely vindicated. Like what happened to him would be like trying to take Hunter S. Thompson down for all the crimes done in Fear and Loathing.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
problematic is just what you call someone when you don't have any actual evidence of their racism or whatever

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

BraveUlysses posted:

he keeps saying "fucken dohhhhpe" in that STUPID loving VOICE

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BraveUlysses posted:

His day job is/was with some kind of woke insurance company or something. IDK I just know he got dragged on Twitter for it so he goes on The Bad List.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
wow really compelling stuff right there

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

problematic is just what you call someone when you don't have any actual evidence of their racism or whatever

I thought "problematic" was intended for ideas predicated on other, worse ideas

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

ikanreed posted:

I thought "problematic" was intended for ideas predicated on other, worse ideas

It's for fat Greek comedians who call things hella gay

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

zegermans posted:

like I was one of the succiest bad dem hillfolk or whatever and I've largely opened up to Chapo because most of the time they diffuse my rage at America. Sometimes they veer too anti-dem to the point that they parrot right wing talking points (last week they said Warren's DNA test wasn't any more native american than any average white person, which isn't true and was a breitbart line).

Anyway in my lovely opinion, they're one of the best left wing podcasts to listen to if you just want to hear assholes torn apart.

e: realized this isn't the trump thread, sorry for the triple post, I was just assuming there'd be spacing there

If you want to hear an rear end in a top hat getting torn apart you can also walk past my cubicle at around 2pm :smug:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hilary objectively had complete control over the primaries but shockingly that power doesn’t translate to the general elections.

hillary's inevitable 2008 primary victory was thwarted by a black guy with a scary name who had less than 4 years of experience in national politics. he was a long-shot, but his campaign was carefully planned and run from the start with the intention to win.

by his own words, bernie entered the primaries as a protest candidate who initially didn't expect or plan on being competitive. by that original standard he was wildly successful, and he wouldn't have made it that far if hillary had the kind of control y'all think she did. the truth is, bernie might've won the primary if he had become a democrat and raised his political profile a year or two earlier, built a base of supporters, and set up a full campaign apparatus beforehand, not after it started. it was a completely understandable missed opportunity, but should be accepted as a lesson learned for 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

no loving primary chat allowed piss off

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What CharlestheHammer said but also I was laughing at you thinking you represent 99% of Americans and damnit why won't more people agree with you.

by his own words, bernie entered the primaries as a protest candidate who initially didn't expect or plan on being competitive. by that original standard he was wildly successful, and he wouldn't have made it that far if hillary had the kind of control y'all think she did. the truth is, bernie might've won the primary if he had become a democrat and raised his political profile a year or two earlier, built a base of supporters, and set up a full campaign apparatus beforehand, not after it started. it was a completely understandable missed opportunity, but should be accepted as a lesson learned for 2020

Okay maybe but despite this he didn't get a fair shake at all. We'll never really know what a fair outcome would have been.

Like dude this is what the DNC said in a court of law when they were sued:

DNC lawyers posted:

if you had a charity where somebody said, Hey, I'm gonna take this money and use it for a specific purpose, X, and they pocketed it and stole the money, of course that's different. But here, where you have a party that's saying, We're gonna, you know, choose our standard bearer, and we're gonna follow these general rules of the road, which we are voluntarily deciding, we could have — and we could have voluntarily decided that, Look, we're gonna go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way. That's not the way it was done. But they could have. And that would have also been their right, and it would drag the Court well into party politics, internal party politics to answer those questions."

That's just such a "gently caress you" and yet they are mad that you don't get support from the Bernie Bros. What the gently caress the DNC is more willing to compromise with the GOP than leftists.

Leftists who simultaneously don't matter and represent fringe views that 99% of Americans don't care about but also are responsible for the lost election. It's nanners.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 00:17 on Oct 23, 2018

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

James Adomian is a national treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nglVo9rj2Nk

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
getting back to thread fundamentals

quote:

Jordan Evans, 27, is a town constable and an elected library trustee in Charlton, Mass.

She’s a Republican, as are most of the people in her hometown, a rural community where about 54 percent of voters cast their ballots for Donald Trump in 2016. Evans is also transgender, as are about 1 million other adult Americans, according to rough estimates. Few combine the two identities. Evans is believed to be the lone openly transgender elected Republican — “my cross to bear,” as she puts it.

The tension involved in her unusual profile became acute over the weekend, when the New York Times reported that the Trump administration is weighing a move to define gender as strictly biological, denying the very basis of transgender identity.
“I am afraid,” the Republican politician said in an interview. “I’m absolutely distraught.”
Evans acknowledged being envious of the outpouring of support on the other side of the partisan divide. “Every so often,” she said, she is tempted to abandon the Republicans. “It would be easier, wouldn’t it?”
But she has no plans to jump ship. She sees an advantage in sticking with a party that remains less welcoming of transgender people. She enjoys access to people whom the movement most desperately needs to convince — people unreachable by her Democratic counterparts.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

she should check out the history of the Log Cabin Republicans while she's being sat between two jesus freaks at party meetings as they proudly misgender her and muse openly about tossing her in a death camp

but hey

tax breaks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

But she has no plans to jump ship. She sees an advantage in sticking with a party that remains less welcoming of transgender people. She enjoys access to people whom the movement most desperately needs to convince — people unreachable by her Democratic counterparts.

"less welcoming" lmao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that's a pithy way to say "would beat me to death if they saw me go into the 'wrong' restroom."

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
shut up about whether chapo is racist and how the dems lost to the love child of grimace and the hamburgler

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

I won't believe people this stupid budget so tightly the Trump tax cut falls anywhere near relevance.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I hope she kills herself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine being trans and then voting for the GOP. Holy poo poo lmao.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Buhhh yeah half their party says I am what is wrong with America and the other half is as we speak working to define "transgender" out of the health code but lol I'll change the religious nationalists' minds from the inside.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

zegermans posted:

(last week they said Warren's DNA test wasn't any more native american than any average white person, which isn't true and was a breitbart line).

Eh Amber also said blood quantum is an innately reactionary view on race, which is true, and it's gross to argue any percentage of native blood somehow makes a person raised white, indigenous

Otherwise I'm happy you've evolved politically buddy :)

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
forgot to quote these parts

quote:

“How can we stand for individual liberties if we are ready and willing to use the force of government — completely antithetical to what Republicans believe — to deny someone’s ability to exist in our society? As Republicans, we should be appalled at that.”

quote:

At this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference, an annual summit for conservative officials and activists, Evans was confronted by someone from what she described as a “far-right nationalist group.”

“He called me the downfall of the West to my face,” she recalled.

:allears:

The_Politics_Man posted:

the dems lost to the love child of grimace and the hamburgler

surely the orange fry guy fits into his geneology

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Look at Kenny go

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Moridin920 posted:

Imagine being trans and then voting for the GOP. Holy poo poo lmao.

Stupidity knows no boundaries

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Look at Kenny go

Lol his GoFundMe is at $0 despite being up forever

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Look at Kenny go

Did he cross breed a cheetah and a pug?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/GodservantDebra/status/1054377580936290305

debra loves abortions, gay marriage, and border walls

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Fairly sure this belongs here

https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/1054478618389241856?s=19

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

she's a horrible pile of garbage who was happy to throw literally everyone under the bus. gently caress her, gently caress her family, and gently caress her money.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Deserves what they get. Moron breaking world records for being the most gullible fool ever.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

she should check out the history of the Log Cabin Republicans while she's being sat between two jesus freaks at party meetings as they proudly misgender her and muse openly about tossing her in a death camp

but hey

tax breaks

speaking of which, the world's most unreadable book still sits on my dresser because the Log Cabin Republican who, well, published it decided that a collection of his college essays was prime material

I will probably never get around to reading it unless some extraordinary force compels me to do so

edit: upon closer inspection, it is actually part 1 of 2 of the guy's published college essays. aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
it does

caitlyn jenner is an inspiration for showing us that trans people can be loving retarded just like anybody else