Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

jarofpiss posted:

got smashed in the temple today and it hurts to chew now but im still gonna eat a whole lot of trash

https://youtu.be/czXdC9Sg86M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

jarofpiss posted:

maybe if someone posts an inspirational quote itt i will go weight train

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/i0Wt7

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I hit 4 3 2 1 1rm in Average to Savage. I'm pretty happy about that.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

got hammered drunk watxhing party worlds rasslin and it as great

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

got hammered drunk watxhing party worlds rasslin and it as great

I went to a touring wrestling show tonight and it ruled, way better than the professional stuff

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

back to day 1 of madcow 5x5, hoping to get another 2 days in before the gym closes up for a week or so to move to a new location so I can get some more accurate numbers going forward

every day I am called back to the siren song of 5/3/1 but I think 5x5 is better overall for getting back into it and making up lost gainszzzzz

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

back to day 1 of madcow 5x5, hoping to get another 2 days in before the gym closes up for a week or so to move to a new location so I can get some more accurate numbers going forward

every day I am called back to the siren song of 5/3/1 but I think 5x5 is better overall for getting back into it and making up lost gainszzzzz

ive been doing 5/3/1 for a bit and i like it but my bench isn't moving up as fast as i want it to. madcow better for this?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

ive been doing 5/3/1 for a bit and i like it but my bench isn't moving up as fast as i want it to. madcow better for this?

probably not, it's a starter program so upper body gets 2nd billing to pants ripping thighs and squat rear end

maybe on bench day switch up the 5x10 or the accessories you've added if you did with some accessories routine to strengthen bench muscles

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i dont really care about getting stronger on my squat quickly now. my hip flexors are so tight and impinged all i care about right now is not losing a ton of strength on it.

i do want to hit my 5 plate DL in the next 6 months or so but really i want to get my bench up to 3 plates ASAP.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i think im gonna focus on bench and deadlift until i can push 3 plates and pull 478lbs (that’s 2 trumps)

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Just came by to say

Oww my legs

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TheDon01 posted:

Just came by to say

Oww my legs

That means it's working! Probably!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One resource if you're just getting into cooking for yourself and eating healthy, is https://www.supercook.com/#/recipes

Basically you punch in all the stuff you have sitting around, and it gives you recipes you can do with them. Alternatively, if you're looking to save money, you can just buy a bunch of stuff on sale or discount, then see what you can do with them later

Odds are you won't be using it for long but it's a good resource to start out with for the culinarily dumb as hell

TheDon01 posted:

Just came by to say

Oww my legs

you'll come to miss DOMS

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

chest day and my left shoulder is also destroyed as is my left hip.

im taking up yoga and becoming vegan. gently caress all this weight trainkng nonsense

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

jarofpiss posted:

chest day and my left shoulder is also destroyed as is my left hip.

im taking up yoga and becoming vegan. gently caress all this weight trainkng nonsense

Do all of them!

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

i figured out how to do power cleans right!! :hellyeah:
i lost enough weight that my pants feel looser and i can tighten my belt more!! :hellyeah:
my sleep schedule is finally getting consistent and i actually feel rested most days!! :hellyeah:

Epic High Five posted:

One resource if you're just getting into cooking for yourself and eating healthy, is https://www.supercook.com/#/recipes

oh man i needed something like this! i wanna start eating eggs again--i used to have them every day but then i got sick of the taste.

TheDon01 posted:

Just came by to say

Oww my legs

that's the feeling of victory, buddy! good job!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cool dance moves posted:

i figured out how to do power cleans right!! :hellyeah:
i lost enough weight that my pants feel looser and i can tighten my belt more!! :hellyeah:
my sleep schedule is finally getting consistent and i actually feel rested most days!! :hellyeah:

oh man i needed something like this! i wanna start eating eggs again--i used to have them every day but then i got sick of the taste.

that's the feeling of victory, buddy! good job!

egg salad is an excellent way to eat more eggs, but can get pretty calorie dense pretty quick if you aren't careful (this can be good or bad)

if you're cutting weight, one of my fav dished is stracciatella which is just italian egg drop soup, which is just whisking up some eggs with various spices (rosemary, thyme, bit of parmesean cheese maybe, whatever) and then very slowly pouring it into boiling broth (chicken for preference) so that it cooks on contact.

Esp good for winter cutting or just winter generally

also, congrats on the bigly progress!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i had to buy smaller pants the other day and it was a powerful feeling. get your rear end right

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i had to buy smaller pants the other day and it was a powerful feeling. get your rear end right

im finally at the place where my pants are too tight around my legs and rear end and loose around my waist. i wear sweatpants everywhere now.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Gonna start doing IF, just doing 16/8. Right now planning on 1300-2100. If my wife wants to go to brunch on the weekend sometimes, can I just move the window earlier, or does it gently caress something up to change when your eight hours are now and then?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crakkerjakk posted:

Gonna start doing IF, just doing 16/8. Right now planning on 1300-2100. If my wife wants to go to brunch on the weekend sometimes, can I just move the window earlier, or does it gently caress something up to change when your eight hours are now and then?

One fast a week being 14 hours instead of 16 ain't gonna break poo poo. If you're worried just start and end earlier

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

One fast a week being 14 hours instead of 16 ain't gonna break poo poo. If you're worried just start and end earlier

Cool. Thanks.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

jarofpiss posted:

im finally at the place where my pants are too tight around my legs and rear end and loose around my waist. i wear sweatpants everywhere now.

I've had the same issues with pants after lifting weights. Bonobos jeans/chinos with athletic cuts are closer to solving the issue but still tends to squeeze my thighs. Barbell apparel sounds good but the jeans are relatively lesser quality and got past orders incorrect.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao if u got culturemogged into wearing pants when going out

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Wear a kilt, like those guys who throw around trees and giant boulders

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I went to a TJ Maxx yesterday and pretty much every pair was tight against my thunderous calves, feels good but also not so good

Started logging calories again and it's pretty wild how much that acts as a hunger suppressor in and of itself

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

All you gorgeous motherfuckers are lookin thick, solid, tight.

In other news, Ive been hanging around the climbing gym enough that they offered me a job.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TheDon01 posted:

All you gorgeous motherfuckers are lookin thick, solid, tight.

In other news, Ive been hanging around the climbing gym enough that they offered me a job.

Did a very tall lawyer man ask you if you have stairs in your house

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
:killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing:

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1055912575093792768

:killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

just because it’s a race doesn’t mean it goes in the fitness thread

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

updating my previous post, thanks epic five high

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agronox posted:

Hell yeah, eat dem lil oily fishies

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
IF during the week still going strong, even if I'm technically at 15.5/8.5 or whatever. The big test comes tomorrow morning when I have a job interview during my fasting period :ohdear:

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Squat time bitches

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Agronox posted:

My man...have you had Fisherman's Eggs?

quote:

Ingredients

2 cans of sardines in water (no salt added) – loosen with a fork

2 medium onions – finely chopped

3 plump garlic cloves – minced

2 tbsp olive oil

4 whole eggs

1 tbsp parsley or chives – finely chopped

½ tsp freshly ground pepper

Pinch of salt

Instructions

Preheat oven to 500 F (260 C).

In a pan fry onions on a slow heat until soft (about 7 min.), add finely garlic and cook with onions for another 2 minutes.

Transfer onions & garlic to an oven-proof serving dish, add sardines, season with salt, pepper, mix well and place in the oven for 8 minutes.

Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the parsley or chives over the sardines.

Then gently crack 4 eggs into the dish and place it back in the oven for another 6 minutes.

Serve hot.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TheDon01 posted:

My man...have you had Fisherman's Eggs?

Man I miss that thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

just ordered an 8 inch cast iron to dedicate to fisherman's eggs :gritin:

down 5 lbs from mostly just tracking food...gym is about to be closed for a week or so while they move locations so in the meantime I'm going to really cut calories hard while I'm not having to worry about my lifts stalling

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

egg's is back baby. they're good again. Awoouu (exhales from deadlifting)

anyways, i'm thinking of trying out martial arts. thoughts? i'd like something defensive that uses the whole body with an emphasis on upper body. also i'd like to throw a punch every so often.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

cool dance moves posted:

egg's is back baby. they're good again. Awoouu (exhales from deadlifting)

anyways, i'm thinking of trying out martial arts. thoughts? i'd like something defensive that uses the whole body with an emphasis on upper body. also i'd like to throw a punch every so often.

My wife gave me a trial membership at a boxing/Muay Thai/BJJ gym for Christmas a couple years ago and I really liked it. Did mostly boxing with a bit of Muay Thai at the end, boxing is a pretty good cardio workout if you do it properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

:dudsmile:

Like 15 to go and I'm beginning to hate running less