Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Some say it exists, a magical place where chocobos run wild and fortunes can be made.

I have never seen this place in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Que? There's more saucer than the initial map?

Yeah, there's an elevator you can take in the main hall (I think) which takes you to the Chocobo Race and Verminion section.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Old Thancred: Tidus at the start of FFX

New Thancred: Tidus at the end of FFX

This is an incredibly accurate description and I loving love it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me IRL right now:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thundarr posted:

I have finally completed the hardest content in the game.

Reveal to me the secrets of this wizardry. I can't even get this dumb cat to give me two lines anymore.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Every time I'm reminded of Lord of Verminion I think about how they could have made a grid-based pet squad battle system.

Instead we have the world's worst RTS.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno if the engine can handle turn based.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
One of the traditional hang-ups of Japanese pop culture is not knowing how to deal with someone who's sexually outgoing. I think it's like, their cultural equivalent of being obsessed with Jocks versus Nerds in high school, one of those things that just keeps popping up even though as far as I know it doesn't reflect reality on the ground. Anyway, the guy who is actually interested in pursuing women always gets portrayed as a loser, because the only acceptable way to get girls is to be completely inhibited and suppress all your feelings until the universe drops a woman literally on top of you and eventually circumstances force you to get married.

Thancred's a victim of that. The narrative couldn't take him seriously until he lost some body parts and his libido died.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Casual reminder that Lord of Verminion is actually a tie in to a Square Enix arcade game and it's actually extremely faithful to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_UVy_CkPA

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
You can play tournament matches against the computer now so it is easy to win enough to get the baby penguin minion and a huge chunk of mgp. I will say I was a bit disappointed in the penguin though, it’s just really, really small and hard to see.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Me IRL right now:

Rip that guy. Was he important?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He didn’t pray, or use return

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Karasu Tengu posted:

Casual reminder that Lord of Verminion is actually a tie in to a Square Enix arcade game and it's actually extremely faithful to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_UVy_CkPA

Casual reminder that Lords of Verminion loving sucks.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I don't think I said anything otherwise.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Verminion is dumb but the challenge logs are an easy 20k or so MGP. Just spam the little big beast challenge and use en masse hildies.

Chocobo racing is a giant, horrible, miserable grind to get a chocobo actually worth a drat that can compete in the high rating races (do you like chocobo breeding? Do you like chocobo breeding that forces you to do a bunch of races with bos that are utterly unequipped to even think about doing anything but barely scraping out second to last place?), but it's supposedly pretty good MGP if you can get there. There are also challenges that can get you sizable lump sums of MGP for completing them once and a number of challenge logs related to bo racing.

Edit: Here's a guide I found ages ago, look at this insane bullshit: https://ffxivchocoboracing.wordpress.com/

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 23, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Thinkin' bout that broke brained reddit loony who spammed cuff a cur for a billion hours a day for weeks to be the first to get the fenrir mount

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Pretty sure that was the guy who spammed the Imperial in Triple Triad.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Reveal to me the secrets of this wizardry. I can't even get this dumb cat to give me two lines anymore.

The power of mathmagic! Statistics, specifically.

Now on to the next challenge, the 3/10,000 chance of winning Jumbo Cactpot.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I had a dream last night that they made Blue Mage available but since it is a class designed to be used at 80 it only had 3 abilities at 70, one equivalent to heavy shot, one self buff, and then you could choose any single cross class ability you wanted, but only one.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

euphronius posted:

Rip that guy. Was he important?

that's loisoix

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

I had a dream last night that they made Blue Mage available but since it is a class designed to be used at 80 it only had 3 abilities at 70, one equivalent to heavy shot, one self buff, and then you could choose any single cross class ability you wanted, but only one.

That.... would actually be a cool hearkening back to the old system in a way. If in addition to learning monster abilities, BLU also had the ability to lean into Tank/DPS/Healer roles a bit more by using cross class abilities (given that they don't exist anymore). If they only got one it wouldn't be very much, but say you can pick three overall, but each one had to be from a different class. FoF, Defiance, TBN, here I come.

One can dream about BLU tanks.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'd pick fracture three times

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
You can't pick the same ability 3 times, and you have to pick an ability that exists. On the note of bygone abilities, what was DRK's dot back in SB. I remember loving the animation for it.

Edit: Reprisal - had a cool side to side swing that no other DRK weaponskill replicates.

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 23, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Provoke, Shirk, Diversion

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Marathanes posted:

You can't pick the same ability 3 times, and you have to pick an ability that exists.

∧__∧
         ( ° ヮ °)
        ⊂  つ
         (つ ノ
          (ノ
   \     ☆
          |     ☆
       (⌒ ⌒ヽ   /
  \ (´⌒  ⌒  ⌒ヾ  /
   (’⌒ ; ⌒   ::⌒  )
  (´     )     ::: )/
☆─(´⌒;:    ::⌒`) :;  )
  (⌒::   ::     ::⌒ )
 /(    ゝ  ヾ 丶  ソ ─
     YOU DON'T PAY MY SUB

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'd pick fracture three times

Same. The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing Yoship to remove fracture.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
For reals though, give me back these:

Cross-classable Flash: It gave me something to do as a WAR.
Tank-usable Bloodbath: Bloodbath + Decimate spam under Inner Release, the slightly more aggressive version of Steel Cyclone spam under Inner Release
Fracture: Direct Crit Fracture ticks plz?

Marathanes posted:

You can't pick the same ability 3 times, and you have to pick an ability that exists. On the note of bygone abilities, what was DRK's dot back in SB. I remember loving the animation for it.

Edit: Reprisal - had a cool side to side swing that no other DRK weaponskill replicates.

That was not Reprisal. Reprisal was DRK's very bad Shield Swipe, and is a Role skill with just the lowered damage dealt effect, now.

You are thinking of Scourge.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 23, 2018

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Marathanes posted:

Scourge had the lightsaber side-to-side attack. Reprisal is still in the game as a cross class skill and I think it kept its animation.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/4T4NwbG.mp4

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm back to being an angry dragongirl.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Bring back scourge, then.

Edit:

As someone who plays a lot of different classes, but tends to main DRK these days, are there any thoughts so far on how they'll change dark arts moving forward or otherwise adapt DRK as it grows to 80? I like how busy DRK is with having to DA frequently and having a good number of oGCD abilities, but I'll admit I often miss things or let myself cap out on blood because I got too much poo poo going on.

I mained PLD back in ARR/HW, but switched because PLD is boring these days, never gets to MT, and sucks at holding threat compared to DRK/WAR. I'll admit PLD may still be the durability monster it always was, with the best cooldowns and the shield adding a significant amount of always on mitigation, but the sacrifices for it compared to DRK/WAR just don't seem to be worth it.

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 23, 2018

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm back to being an angry dragongirl.

I love everything about these two posts. :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Samurai might have some of the best skill animations out there.

https://i.imgur.com/YnhVXaF.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/3AzmURk.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are those cherry blossoms ?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

euphronius posted:

If there is a Samurai job in a Final Fantasy game, cherry blossoms will be involved.

Otherwise, they'll give it to Dragoon or something.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I think Dragoon does have one skill that makes them?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

euphronius posted:

The deadliest of elemental attacks, obviously.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vadoc posted:

I think Dragoon does have one skill that makes them?

Chaos Thrust on Dragoon does cherry blossoms, yeah.

But man, doing the full Kaiten animation into a Midare feels so good.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Dragoon has a move that shoots cherry blossoms and goes WOOP WOOP it is the best weapon skill in the game.

Edit: Apparently that sound effect is a couple notes off a koto so you're hitting a dude so hard they play music.

Hats Wouldnt Fly fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaiten's spinning is very satisfying to watch.