Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loving doing it you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Imagining all the Bolsonaro supporters getting stuck in the logical loop of "Bolsonaro doesn't spread fake news via WhatsApp, and I can prove it in the form of this meme saying so I received on WhatsApp"

Edit: one of my inlaws tried to buy her housekeepers vote, now her son in law is racially abusing her for declining. Ugh.

hoiyes has issued a correction as of 01:31 on Oct 19, 2018

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

no chance they ban bolsonaro for that. he hasn't outlived his usefulness like temer has

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this would extremely cause a civil war but otoh it couldn't be any worse than him being elected so i guess it's a wash

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hoiyes posted:

Imagining all the Bolsonaro supporters getting stuck in the logical loop of "Bolsonaro doesn't spread fake news via WhatsApp, and I can prove it in the form of this meme saying so I received on WhatsApp"

Edit: one of my inlaws tried to buy her housekeepers vote, now her son in law is racially abusing her for declining. Ugh.

how do you buy someones vote

I'd get the money and then vote for I wanted to anyway

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kurtofan posted:

how do you buy someones vote

I'd get the money and then vote for I wanted to anyway

For the people who do that as a political strategy in the countryside, you only get the payment if their side wins. But since those are upper middle class idiots who think they're smart - and thus very easy to fool - it would be easy to get away with it (also Bozonaro is winning anyway), but the housekeeper probably has her principles, and they are an important factor in her self-steem, being at the bottom of the economic pyramid, so she won't betray them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
E:nm

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evangelical megachurch leader Jair Macedo is using his media empire to try to drag Greenwald and the Intercept and apparently the media companies are trying to get the supreme court to prohibit foreign media companies from releasing stuff in Brazilian Portuguese.

https://theintercept.com/2018/10/20...-the-intercept/

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
let me go ahead and quote myself here

nerdz posted:

I had this theory that Bolsonaro is trying to create a fox news equivalent out of Record and it's getting less far fetched by the day. I imagine next year whatever news record has will surpass Jornal Nacional in relevance. Globo will probably get the CNN treatment.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Evangelical megachurch leader Jair Macedo is using his media empire to try to drag Greenwald and the Intercept and apparently the media companies are trying to get the supreme court to prohibit foreign media companies from releasing stuff in Brazilian Portuguese.

lmao what

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The latest The Dig podcast has an excellent discussion of the current Brazilian moment.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BrazilBrian/status/1054000468953915392

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol cool

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1054002138924441601

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1054019688781541376

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
brazil deserves bolsonaro, part 62

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

drat, that whole "i will be a slave to the constitution" line of bullshit didn't last long, huh?
not even the imprisonment and torture of ryan broderick would make bolsonaro worth it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wow this is loving bad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

evangelical christianity is just as bad as salafist islam and israeli irredentist judaism

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

evangelical christianity is just as bad as salafist islam and israeli irredentist judaism

this one is more like a cult than real Evangelical Christianity though. Super weird Messianic thing going on with the leader

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nerdz posted:

this one is more like a cult than real Evangelical Christianity though. Super weird Messianic thing going on with the leader
religious extremism has a way of warping "real" religion into cults

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

nerdz posted:

He straight up cosplays as a Rabbi on his 200 million dollar replica of the Solomonic Temple

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

He straight up cosplays as a Rabbi on his 200 million dollar replica of the Solomonic Temple
not even our batshit evangelicals go so far off the deep end that they end up becoming Jewish

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know much about Brazil but it looks like you dumbasses are about to elect a literal fascist just like our dumbasses did up here in 2016 lmao

Hail Satan

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Plutonis posted:

his 200 million dollar replica of the Solomonic Temple

woah momma

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh wait it was actually 300 million dollars back when it was built. It's also a giant loving ugly monster of a building.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Slutitution posted:

I don't know much about Brazil but it looks like you dumbasses are about to elect a literal fascist just like our dumbasses did up here in 2016 lmao

Hail Satan
trump is an incompetent fascist. bolsonaro seems like a very capable fascist

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Excuse me what

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

Excuse me what
click on the link in that intercept story for a picture. it would be hilarious if Macedo wasn't such a brazen thief. televangelist scammers in the US couldn't even dream of being as rich as he got from taking advantage of people

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Oct 8, 2021

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
that is some serious joel osteen or creflo dollar-rear end poo poo right there

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
his church is all infiltrated in Africa and Portugal, his grift runs deep. maybe even bigger than any American televangelist

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
That "temple" is ungodly ugly.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

oh cool he's the televangelist from GTA vice city but in real life

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

get that OUT of my face posted:

not even our batshit evangelicals go so far off the deep end that they end up becoming Jewish

Someone hasn’t encountered the Messianic “Jews”

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Respect christianity or pay the price liberals

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Brazils evangelicals should be handed over to an inquisition.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lancemantis posted:

Someone hasn’t encountered the Messianic “Jews”

i went to one of their churches in jerusalem and it was hilarious

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

i say swears online posted:

i went to one of their churches in jerusalem and it was hilarious

I’m surprised enough white midwestern evangelicals would commit to moving there to set that up and talk down to the Haredi that are seething with anger at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

brazil might be going fascist soon but at least you peo can make some drat good tv and movies. ive been watching 3% lately and its pretty good so far

ofc such commie shows will probably be banned under bolsonaro