Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I had a doorknocker come by a few weeks ago. Told her we were voting for Pritzker, did nothing to hush up our barking German Shepard keep behind the screen door I was barely keeping closed, and said we didn't want that clutch of pamphlets she had in her hand.

I think they got the message, we haven't had any canvassers come to the house since then.

Be nice to canvassers. They have a lovely job. Also, if you take pamphlets from them, it costs their campaign money and you can use it to light a nice toasty fire. I ask for extras to "give to friends and family."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Spiritus Nox posted:

David Frum: "I don't want to elect racist facist power mongers, but goddammit it's either them or the liberals and the liberals won't keep those loving brown people out!!"

Well, if we don't vote for fascists those brown people might commandeer our lake houses :ohdear:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Small silver lining: he is getting absolutely DRAGGED in the replies.

He deserves it for even considering taking this bullshit at face value

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
I made a small bookmarklet to automatically filter this thread down to just posts with tweets, external links, or external images to help catch up when I inevitably fall 100 pages behind. Figured I'd post it here in case it helps anybody else stay current. Just remove the space between java and script and add it as a bookmark then you can click it on the pages you want to filter down.

quote:

java script:(function(){ $('table.post').filter(function() { return $(this).find('.postbody > div.tweet, .postbody > img:not([src*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > a:not([href*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > .timg_container > img:not([src*="somethingawful.com"])').length === 0 }).hide() })()

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

KillHour posted:

Be nice to canvassers. They have a lovely job. Also, if you take pamphlets from them, it costs their campaign money and you can use it to light a nice toasty fire. I ask for extras to "give to friends and family."

Can't, they laminate those fuckers now so if you burn them, they release toxic gas. Only thing the mountain of campaign flyers we have now are good for is bird cage liner, and we don't know anyone with birds.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

novamute posted:

I made a small bookmarklet to automatically filter this thread down to just posts with tweets, external links, or external images to help catch up when I inevitably fall 100 pages behind. Figured I'd post it here in case it helps anybody else stay current. Just remove the space between java and script and add it as a bookmark then you can click it on the pages you want to filter down.

God bless you

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

novamute posted:

Maybe add to op?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

He deserves it for even considering taking this bullshit at face value

Face Value? David Frum is being David loving Frum. Remember, this rear end in a top hat is nearly as wrong about everything as Bill Kristol. As in, really loving completely wrong about everything ever.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

novamute posted:

you're a hero

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

novamute posted:

That's a thing of beauty.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Wait wait wait wait: I thought we DID the loving "caravan" thing already? Are we seriously just going to recycle plot points from previous seasons so loving fast? honestly there's SO MUCH fresh bullshit out there and we're going all the way back to dig up this plot line that just limped quietly to a close last time? Lazy rear end writers are wasting my time here.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

novamute posted:

But then you'll miss all my amazing posts! :mad:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

novamute posted:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Narrator: They were still a racist, just passively.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I had a doorknocker come by a few weeks ago. Told her we were voting for Pritzker, did nothing to hush up our barking German Shepard keep behind the screen door I was barely keeping closed, and said we didn't want that clutch of pamphlets she had in her hand.

I think they got the message, we haven't had any canvassers come to the house since then.

That's not very nice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Narrator: They were still a racist, just passively.

what.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

novamute posted:

This is really cool and I had no idea such wizardy was possible.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Riatsala posted:

Beto winning would make my day if only because I'm going to see my entire extended Texan-Republican family for the first time in 3 years a week after the elections.

Also, RE: blackface, how is it generally regarded if a white person dresses as a famous black character, but eschews blackface? I ask because my two white friends want to go as Jules and Vincent from Pulp Fiction, and Jules plans to use an afro wig/sideburns and is generally smart enough not to do Samuel L Jackson impressions.

Opinions are divided on that kind of race-bending costuming. A lot of people, and this includes POC costuming fans, think it's fine as long as you avoid stereotypical affectations, and some think the long history of treating POC identity like something that can be taken off and on for entertainment purposes is too toxic for even homage.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brony Car posted:

That's not very nice.

If they can't handle assholes at least as bad as me, they're not cut out for canvassing. :colbert:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/QuinnipiacPoll/status/1054765642706894848

whoop whoop

the poll is 52-46

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Not surprising but good for them for dropping this in time for it to make a difference in the election...

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1054769705213480962

quote:

Brian Kemp, Georgia Secretary of State and the Republican nominee for Georgia governor, expressed at a ticketed campaign event that his Democratic opponent Stacey Abrams’ voter turnout operation “continues to concern us, especially if everybody uses and exercises their right to vote,” according to audio obtained by Rolling Stone.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

KillHour posted:

If I was this kid, I'd be seriously contemplating how far I could get my fingers into his eye sockets before being dragged off by the palace guard. Not that I condone assassinating world leaders, but if I was standing in front of the man that ordered my father's murder... boy, that would be tough.

Not seen in this picture, bodyguard with a bonesaw

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A solution to what you gigantic loving moron?!

What problems are coming from space, besides the meteor with the skull face I desperately hope lands right on Mar a Lago?!

I am absolutely blown away that they are actually following through with this absolutely broke brain off hand comment, all because Trump is a baby who can't take criticism. :wtc:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

KillHour posted:

Don't be nice to canvassers if they're canvassing for a Republican.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Can't, they laminate those fuckers now so if you burn them, they release toxic gas. Only thing the mountain of campaign flyers we have now are good for is bird cage liner, and we don't know anyone with birds.

They’re probably toxic to birds then.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

novamute posted:

Any way to have this show images, gifs, youtubes?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dalael posted:

Not seen in this picture, bodyguard with a bonesaw

Oh yeah, he'd be stoned to death in public. But I'm not sure it would be all that dissuasive.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Don't be nice to canvassers if they're canvassing for a Republican.

Still be nice to them. Dont forget that you still have to live in the same community as these people.

Edit: The one thread you'd think it would be impossible to double post in.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

VH4Ever posted:

Not surprising but good for them for dropping this in time for it to make a difference in the election...

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1054769705213480962

But on the other hand...
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1054749320111628289

CNN has been running these two stories side-by-side every single time this morning. :shepicide:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

KillHour posted:

Still be nice to them. Dont forget that you still have to live in the same community as these people.

Nah.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
republicans are nacis

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

What problems are coming from space, besides the meteor with the skull face I desperately hope lands right on Mar a Lago?!

I am absolutely blown away that they are actually following through with this absolutely broke brain off hand comment, all because Trump is a baby who can't take criticism. :wtc:

All Space Force is, is a grift by the firms involved in DoD procurement. That's all it is. It becomes harder and harder to justify a trillion dollar war machine that's built to fight an imaginary industrialized enemy that doesn't exist. So we prolong the farce by looking for 'new ground to break.' That ground, is outer space. It's all money. It's all the grift.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1054781298135519234

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

KillHour posted:

Don't be nice to them. They aren't good people. You shouldn't associate with them, even if they are in the same "community." I've never once met a canvasser I ever knew personally, which would be a different situation, of course.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

KillHour posted:

Oh yeah, he'd be stoned to death in public. But I'm not sure it would be all that dissuasive.

The guy may not worry about himself, but might worry about his family. If he were to do anything to MBS, who says they'll stop at killing him? "We'll kill your entire family even after you're dead" might be dissuasive enough.

Pretty sure I remember some mexican cartel doing something along those lines to a dead policeman's family.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Not sure if it means much (given everything surrounding the race already) but another data point in the pile that the blue wave is running into some serious trouble:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1054564215825072128

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Generic American posted:

But on the other hand...
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1054749320111628289

CNN has been running these two stories side-by-side every single time this morning. :shepicide:

I saw that. gently caress CNN forever. Literally, what purpose is served by giving that story national exposure? Their roots in Atlanta are no excuse for doing Kemp's racist dirty work for him. In fact it makes it more outrageous.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

the only problem pence cares about, that trump said a stupid thing and pence needs to slavishly support it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

KillHour posted:

No.

Republicans are unaccustomed to in-person push back of any kind and it discourages the hell out of them, especially if it's from someone who looks like them or someone they respect. Make them uncomfortable.

• Locked thread