Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

inspiring that a man who had to relearn how to read from being so badly concussed learned to read so good that he wrote a book about how concussions are actually v cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Brainwashed: The Bad Science Behind CTE and the.....Wait, What Was I Saying?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Florida/Georgia is bigger than Georgia/GT or Florida/FSU (conferences also matter there)

I’d agree that WLOCP is bigger to UGA fans than the GT rivalry but whether FSU or UGA is bigger to UF fans is entirely generational.

I grew up w UF killing UGA every year and battling FSU for titles so FSU is WAY more important to me. A generation before us, UGA dominated UF and FSU was still gaining traction as a successful program so they care more about UGA.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/RickMaese/status/1054735568784031744

DJ Durkin's fate will probably be decided very soon.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Korranus posted:

Might as well get out in front of it and start kicking the tires on AAC coaches

Bobinski seems to know what he's doing.

EDIT: Did Louisville really just fire Petrino?

wernox fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 23, 2018

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/_birddaniel/status/1054735882228547585

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

https://twitter.com/LiveFeedLville/status/1054698348526166017

augias
Apr 7, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Get with the program, there's only room for one dictator on this fan base-
https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1052178368072945668?s=20

I dont wannna be a killjoy on ur ribbing but twice people have said that mahmoud is a dictator and he isnt hes an ex president and prwsidents in iran do have limited power. The theocratic council of mullahs are the actual dictators and afaict do not endorse the return of U-M to its former glory

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

University of Louisville football coach Jeff Brohm

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If Dirkin is kept that’s a travesty because all signs point to him being a poo poo head and contributed to the death of someone under his care in a bit way

Also lol at L’ville

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

"failure to uphold values to the school and ethical standards." So he didn't buy prostitutes for recruits or pay students with shoe money?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Let's go to Papa John and see what his reaction is

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Also lol at L’ville

We shouldn't get too excited yet. From an actual courier-journal reporter:

https://twitter.com/TimSullivan714/status/1054752047302692864

e: well maybe he's an actual reporter, I don't know. I'm not good at twitter. Ah, yeah looks like he is, that's what is linked from the paper's website at least.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 23, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The first clue its possibly fake is "ethical standards"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Also lol at L’ville

I mean in all likelihood they're gonna wind up with one of the best coaches in the country mostly because he happened to be born there. Sometimes life isn't fair.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, that dude's a fake.

https://twitter.com/_birddaniel/status/1044607894711357440

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

"failure to uphold values to the school and ethical standards." So he didn't buy prostitutes for recruits or pay students with shoe money?

That's code for: We found a loophole and ain't paying no buyout monies.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

On the other hand that's pretty solid reporting. Horrible presentations are definitely a problem at uni.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

augias posted:

I dont wannna be a killjoy on ur ribbing but twice people have said that mahmoud is a dictator and he isnt hes an ex president and prwsidents in iran do have limited power. The theocratic council of mullahs are the actual dictators and afaict do not endorse the return of U-M to its former glory

That's fair, I almost said "enemy of the American state" instead but the Unabomber is already a Michigan fan :v:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thought that was my sister for a second there

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I have a sneaky suspicion Jeff is gonna stay a Purdue a while longer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I have nothing against Purdue but....don't do this to yourself. Enjoy this season. Be happy if he's still coaching the team the first game next season.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I understand the urge to cling to any hope and I feel bad about bringing up him leaving all the time but man they almost literally all say these exact things

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i’ve been through this twice with vcu basketball coaches

they all stay until they’re gonna leave, it is what it is man

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

augias posted:

Yeah, and Trump was elected president but fascist blah blah

the dude loving sucks whether he actually had unlimited power or not, I don't really enjoy his stupid "lol the world is so beautiful and I'm a cool intellectual" twitter crap and it's pretty outrageous that he can just happily tweet while random joes get banned for saying things that his government actually did

Anyway, as mentioned we already have the unabomber and h.h. holmes so we really don't need this guy in our recruiting class

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Gene Keady was always going to leave and he never did until he retired.

The first six years of the Tiller era were filled with jobs that Joe was gonna leave for, yet that's where he retired.

The reality is that no Purdue head football coach has left for another job in at least 50 years. Jeff could be the first, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he moves on, but I also won't be surprised if he stays.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Purdue is a better job than Louisville. They’re in the Big Ten West, they could be playing for a Big Ten Championship next year.

On the other hand I held out hope all college basketball season that Chris Mack wouldn’t leave Xavier for Louisville and ended up being disappointed so I’m probably wrong about Brohm too.

Trivia: both Jeff Brohm and Chris Mack we’re hired by the same guy, Mike Bobinski. :tinfoil:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hmmm I guess it's true that no one successfully hired away Danny Hope or Fred Akers I don't know why I didn't consider that

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 23, 2018

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Reminder that Todd Graham also did this before suddenly leaving his current job. Twice.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Louisville a better job than Purdue? There is more institutional support at UL, but everything else, recruiting, conference, etc seems like a push

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

You guys remember this from last year:
https://twitter.com/dawgs247/status/922522528240762880

Well now we have this for this year:
https://twitter.com/MBakerTBTimes/status/1054413567586435072

Talking trash about a player like that, even mild talk like this, usually doesn't end up well for the trash talker.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 23, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know that it's a significantly better job but people also aren't linking Brohm there because they think that Louisville is some sort of football blue blood

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

purdue is a way worse job if only because you’re living in bumfuck indiana

i also imagine recruiting is tougher because louisville has somewhat nice facilities iirc

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Purdue's got a ton of money coming in from the BTN deal but that's about it.

ANd yeah recruiting to West Lafayette isn't exactly easy.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Purdue's current facilities just opened this year

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

wernox posted:

Purdue's current facilities just opened this year

Choo choo, bitch :stare:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Everyone in the Big Ten has really nice facilities now because they need somewhere to hide network money in order to claim to be losing money or barely breaking even on athletics. Like basically every Iowa team down to the loving rowing team has gotten new practice facilities recently, and they're currently remodeling Kinnick for the second time in 10 years

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 23, 2018

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Declan MacManus posted:

purdue is a way worse job if only because you’re living in bumfuck indiana

i also imagine recruiting is tougher because louisville has somewhat nice facilities iirc

Louisville itself is only 5 feet away from bumfuck Indiana.

Ive been to Louisville, I wasnt that impressed

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

MourningView posted:

Hmmm I guess it's true that no one successfully hired away Danny Hope or Fred Akers I don't know why I didn't consider that

I could've sworn Darrell Hazell was lured away by a big program in the middle of the 2016 season, but on closer inspection no he was actually fired for winning 3 conference games in 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

MourningView posted:

Everyone in the Big Ten has really nice facilities now because they need somewhere to hide network money while claiming to lose money on athletics

And now we're gonna spend that money on our coach!

Seriously guys, I'm really not that emotionally invested in this. It just amazes me how little most people know about Purdue in spite of the fact its got 40,000 students, alumni who walked on the moon and even a gay airline pilot who is the son of the Chinese Gordon Ramsey......what has Louisville got to brag about? Huh? Those Duck Dynasty hicks?

• Locked thread