Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Togepi or Goomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

statistically oddish is a perfect first stage pokemon, if you analyze all the variables

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The best stage one Pokemon is already #001

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Those are all basic pokemon you fuckin fake gamers.

kissing grandmas
Jun 10, 2013
its chinchou

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

It is extremely important that everyone tell me their favorite stage-1 pokemon

ajkalan posted:

Zigzagoon is good, it's a messy raccoon thing and it gives me presents :3:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

best basic pokemon is murkrow, best stage 1 is boldore

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Oh I didn't know what a stage 1 pokemon was, my favorite right now is Diggersby because it looks like it has excellent union representation and I'm jealous.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

oddium posted:

best basic pokemon is murkrow, best stage 1 is boldore

I have some news about murkrow. In the same vein, I like Lickitung as the best POKÉMON THAT DOESN'T EVOLVE AT ALL, BUT ESPECIALLY NOT THAT FAT ABOMINATION.

Best first stage I can think of is Spoink.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what is the murkrow news

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
My favorite dual typed Pokémon is Nihilego. An alien venomous jellyfish made of glass is such a cool idea! I'm glad we get to see its natural environment, an eerie crystalline "sea". It's one of the few rock types that aren't overtly stony or fossil-based, and frankly the series needs more of them. (Not every ice type needs to have an icy body or white/ice blue coloring, and not every fire type needs to be fiery or red/orange colored, after all.)

Nihilego works great as a dual typed Pokémon for several reasons. Poison + Rock STAB on a powerful special attacker is a unusual and fun combo to use. At the same time, the unique typing reflects its weird physical makeup and extraterrestrial origin.

(A Reshiram/Zekrom code would be great)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

oddium posted:

what is the murkrow news

He evolves into this dapper motherfucker.

Unless you meant something else by basic?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

E2M2 posted:

Anyone have one of the Target codes? The Target I went to couldn't find them. I got like 3 extra Gamestop ones though.

Well, I mean yes. I'm running a giveaway with both the Dragon and Genie codes.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Ignite Memories posted:

Two-way tie between two good bois: Growlith and Houndour

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Kurieg posted:

Well, I mean yes. I'm running a giveaway with both the Dragon and Genie codes.

Oh dang didn't even see that, gonna have to write up something for one of those Genies.

My favorite fighting type has got be Hawlucha. Dude straight up carried my team in Ultra Sun. Stronk as hell pokemon that you get early in the game. Obviouslly not the first game Hawlucha has been in, but the first I've time I've expereinced because I mostly only played Gen 1, a little Black/White, and jumped into Ultra Sun near the end of the 3ds life cycle. Hawlucha's asthetic is cool as hell too with the lucha libre style mixed with bird. Apparently he is also the only fighting/flying type in the game?

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 24, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
My favourite stage 1 Pokemon is Porygon.
Gamefreak realizes that, and doesn't even give me the option to use his other forms until the post-game in any given generation :v: Still love my cybernetic duck to the death. And he loves living with an Eviolite.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ignite Memories posted:

Psyduck. Incidentally my favorite Pokémon in general. I do not like Golduck nearly as much.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Shuckle is the best Pokemon at any stage.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SHUCKLE FUCKLES

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Here's a question I'm curious about. What's the best mid stage pokemon? And I mean one that was designed conceptually as a mid stage, not one that was originally a stage 1/final evolution but later had a baby/extra evolution added on. What looked over middle child is worthy of love?

it's grovyle. lairon is also acceptable

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I actually like Incineroar but Torracat's even better. Haunter would be my runner up, much cooler looking than Gengar.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 24, 2018

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

It's Dragonair

e: maybe Dragonair isn't specifically the best mid stage pokemon but it's definitely up there in the "most disappointing evolution design" category

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

Here's a question I'm curious about. What's the best mid stage pokemon? And I mean one that was designed conceptually as a mid stage, not one that was originally a stage 1/final evolution but later had a baby/extra evolution added on. What looked over middle child is worthy of love?

Wartortle.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Macaluso posted:

Psyduck. Incidentally my favorite Pokémon in general. I do not like Golduck nearly as much.

Dude knows what's up (although incidentally, Psyduck doesn't; which I think is why he's so endearing to me). Though adorable owl-in-a-bowtie Rowlet is a very close second.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

SirSamVimes posted:

Sliggoo

sorry goondra is a waste we had a great snail dragon and then puff the magic slime dragon comes along rip

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Those are all basic pokemon you fuckin fake gamers.

Lot of people never played the card game as a kid smh

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wartortle is so good.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Charmeleon is pretty much always gonna be my favorite mid stage that comes to mind. Maybe Pupatar too? Most other Pokémon have beginning/final forms that are too good or the middle stage has the awkward high school look.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kadabra looks much cooler than Alakazam.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I'd probably like Charmeleon if it hadn't been so irritating in the anime. Ash saved your life you ungrateful reptile :argh:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Braixen is really good although that might just have been Pokken putting so much effort into making it interesting.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

It's Dewott, c'mon.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

On mid stage pokemon I really like Gloom.

Saoshyant posted:

True. Also Machoke looks better than Machamp.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Goomy and Wartortle

what's people's gen IV evolutionary additions favourites? gotta be Yanmega for me

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Togekiss & Honchkrow.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

SirSamVimes posted:

That's the same question.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stage_1_Pok%C3%A9mon_(TCG)

Basic: Charmander
Stage 1: Charmeleon
Stage 2: Charizard
:goonsay:

mandatory lesbian posted:

Lot of people never played the card game as a kid smh

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Favourite dual-type mon: Araquanid. Water and Bug are my favourite types - I think I've told this story before, but I was very annoyed prior to Gen 7 that there was only one Bug/Water type and it didn't even stay Bug/Water when it evolved, and very happy when I learnt about all the new ones coming along in Gen 7. Araquanid wins out over Golispod because Water Bubble is tremendous fun to play around with, but they're both great.

Favourite mid-stage mon: Probably Dewott. Wartortle is also cool though.

Favourite Gen 4 added evos: Hmm. Magnezone and Roserade are the only two I've taken to E4s so far, so probably them by default. But all the Ice-type ones are very good too (Mamoswine, Weavile, Froslass... don't know if there are any others but those are the three I'm thinking of).

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 24, 2018

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Paul.Power posted:

I was very annoyed prior to Gen 7 that there was only one Bug/Water type and it didn't even stay Bug/Water when it evolved

Well there was one from the start but they just mistyped it (Kabutops)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ignite Memories posted: